llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Moon Stone  (Read 29867 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #300 on: April 04, 2005, 11:18:34 AM »
''That is very simple to figure out'' Rad hissed between his clenched fangs. ''The witch will send her minions after us soon. As for the dreams,it is my belief that she spies on us by infiltrating our minds as we slumber. I know this for myself. My head too,was violated by the vile sorcery of Astoria some nights ago. Strath and I actually had a little chat about it.''

Then his reptillian visage took on a mirthless smile. ''Funny that Strath the vigilant one,should have fallen under her spell. But perhaps it's not so suprising after all.I knew Strath was acting very oddly. And I suspected Astoria had something to do with it. If only I had been awake to keep an eye on him. . I am sorry,Luna.''

So it has finally come,he reflected. The final step of the journey was nigh and there was a powerful one who would claim the Stone as her own. He had to be careful,very careful. If he let his guard down for even a moment,he would loose everything. And he had no intention of letting that happen.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #301 on: April 04, 2005, 12:27:12 PM »
She placed a hand on Rad's shoulder, "Do not blame yourself we all recognized the strangness that had taken him over." She bowed her head her face still grim she took a deep breath and sighed, "I don't think she meant her minions I think it is something greater than that. Something in the way she said it. She doesn't know how powerful we are she was suprised when her lightning didn't hurt me." At mention of the lightning Luna slightly wenced at remembering it she reached back and touched the back of her neck through her long hair she could feel a mark. A mark she knew was left by the lightning, She didn't mention it she didn't even know why she didn't. She didn't want to remember it she slowly moved her hand down. "We will have to be extra careful I think it best we have double watches. The two older ones seem to need their rest I think it would be best to have Rad and Skene keep the first watch As Aldan and I have had limited sleep We will take the second watch. She glanced at Aldan is that alright with you?"

Aldan had been very quiet and  she sensed that he was lost in his own thoughts. Was he still planning on leaving? She didn't know She was worried for him, He doesn't seem to trust anyone not even her, with Strath going Awol this might further push him away she had to make him understand that though trust is risky at times sometimes it is all we have.  Her thoughts lingered on Strath, He loved me, I kinda always knew he did. I loved him too, Only I loved him like a sister would a brother. Her words her infernal words crept into her head

"He wasn't good enough for you, He loved you, he did. It took much conjoling to get him to turn to me that while he lay unconcious. You ministered to his physical needs, but you could not give him the love that he wanted, so he found it in me."

If it were anyones fault it was her own she couldn't make her heart feel that way towards him. I couldn't give him the love that he wanted.
Her thoughts were interupted as her friends began to speak.
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #302 on: April 04, 2005, 05:41:45 PM »
Aldan did remain silent for a time once their journey began, it troubled him the limits of his awareness.  He knew he should have not relied on the sword that much and when he had been instructed to build it he had been taught not to think of it as the completetion of his training yet...  He had poured much of his essence into crafting that blade it was as much a part a of him as he it.  There was no time to craft a new blade not to mention there was no proper wood to hue a handle from there would be no time to pool his essence into it and give the blade the gleaming edge of the Dragon's teeth.

The discussion of watches had reached his ears and he gazed at the draconian the creature worked an alterior motive yet discerning it proved quite difficult his mind worked differently than a human's or elf's.  The moments Astoria had appeared the actions had been to fast for him to respond, he never knew some one could such power to produce lightining, it was tempting to try. He held back though because it was assuredly a power of evil there was no intent in a power like that other than to kill or maim.

"Yes rest will do us some good."  Aldan spoke to keep himself getting lost in the traffic of his mind.  He drew up his head up and spotted the mark on Luna's neck as her hand brushed over it.  He shuddered a sense of forbodding doom came to him, that powerful one Luna had mentioned...

Could it be Him...

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #303 on: April 04, 2005, 11:24:04 PM »
Luna looked at him, she let his hand brush hers she smiled at him hoping to reassure him.

Faith turned to them a hint of the old spark flickered in her eyes,
 "come...come and see my children the fruits of your labor."

As they stood attop the cliff over looking a valley completly surronded by mountains shielding it from man's eyes they saw the Temple Icelos. It's ivory towers sored into the sky a cresent moon at it's tallest Spire, each towers top flared open like a skirt being twirled by a young girl, all of it twinkling like it an immortal hand had frosted it. the windows were dome shaped and empty like only the forgotten ghosts of time would wish to visit them, below the grand apparition in the valley lay fresh fallen snow glittering, billowing like white coulds bathed in pure moonlight. and to either side of it were thick green groves of evergreens. The whole of it had the serenity that one would only think could be captured in fairy tale dreams of young children. It was still a distance away but they would make it by tomorrow night the third night, the night of the full moon they would stand at its gates they would except thier destinies.

"This... this is the place were we will have our meal.  We eat together here in this serene place that so few of this world have ever set eyes upon... fewer perhaps than you think." With this Faith waited as the group began to pass out each his or her portion of the meal she thought to her self of the vision she received the first night they began this long and cumbersome journey.
I saw the Evil rising, shapeless and deathly dark. I saw five stars embedded in this darkness, and I saw the one growing deathly dim, Strath, I saw it but did nothing, I my weakness has clouded my judgement. I fear walking in to that temple because I know what it entails, but I can not fail these people elf, human, draconian, and Paladin again my love for them is stronger than my fear.
Atal grabbed Faiths hand and looked her in her clouded eyes as if to say I understand.

Luna looked at Rad, "I remembered the hold you taught me. It really does work. Luna's hand again went to the back of her neck and fingered the scar left there. You will have to show me more."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #304 on: April 05, 2005, 04:34:22 PM »
Atal's usually serene face was twisted in a mildly unpleasant fashion. Perhaps it was that few ever saw more than the puttering old man who often petulantly demanded tea. Or, it could be the fact that for some reason it looked as if his face was not entirely attached to his skull, as the wrinkles seemed to bunch under their own volition.

"Eyah! Tea there they might have..." he said, his gnarled hand holding Faith's hand, a gnarled oak twined about a knob of more dainty if no weaker Crete Myrtle. "Warm the bones...yes." He looked away from Faith, remembering her in her youth, when she was spry and flexible as a cutting from a willow tree. It was one of the few pains of the istari, ageless, and seeing the faces of friends and loved ones grey with the passage of time to face the inexorable ending of death.

He knew what lay beyond that door, one of the Istari's many secrets, but those words he would offer as rites of comfort as the flesh failed and the spirit was filled with fear and anxiety. He would speak the comforting words then. He had been foolish, the eyes of the wise shall be blind, and the hands of the strong shall be bound...

Was it the curse of the young to be inexperienced and the curse of the old to be unable to act? The agelessness of his kind was little comfort when the wind blew cold and the joints clouded with dull ache. Astoria, many times his junior had confounded him more than once, filling his companions dreams with uneasiness, and stealing Strath from them with the ease of a thief snatching a confectionary from a small childling.

The temple lay ahead, how long had it been? Years, possibly even more than a century since he had walked through those doors. The trip to reach the temple had taken too long, and had taken a toll on them physically as well as emotionally. The young paladin seemed as raw as a fresh torn scar, and the sivak almost boiled with inner conflict. Would the soux-dragon rankle to know that the old man could see through his stone calm, and ice cold facade...no reason to find out. He would leave the sivak to his own for the time being.

"Comfort we will find, and protection...yes." He said, vaguely remembering the taste of cinnamon honey tea. That could have been the temple tea, or the tea of any other of thirty towns and provinces. One day, he mused, he would write a book. A book in his own cramped handwriting, the letters crushed together to make sure the book would be small enough for a pair of stout dwarves to carry between them.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2005, 08:21:08 AM »
The group noticed that their was a path down the mountain side, it had once been safe, maybe, but then again maybe not. Erotion had taken it's toll on the mountain side It was soft and crumbling. The path itself was barley a foot wide and had little room for error. They were still several hundred feet high in the air.
"How do you think we are going to make it down that with out falling?" Skene asked. He looked around the group for suggestions.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2005, 08:49:17 AM »
''I'll fly you each of you across'',Rad rumbled. ''Just wait for a strong wind to start blowing and my wings will be ready. But don't be silly enough to start worrying about me dropping you. I've carried loads twice as heavy as Skene.''

And as the sivak gazed upon the temple of of Icelos that lay spread out in the valley below and his heart quickened. The final step of his journey was nigh! The moment for decisive action would not be long in coming.

And then what,a grating little voice in his head begun to question him. Will your betray Luna's trust? Will you undo what your companions have fought so hard to achieve,simply to fulfill their own selfish ambitions? They certainly do not deserve this. They offered their hands in friendship to you,but you accepted it for only as long as it suited your sly,sneaky goal!

With brutal ease,Rad pushed it out of his head. Now was not the time to be sentimental. With an artifact of the Stone's power involved,it had never just about him,though it would be pleasent to enjoy unparalled power. No,he had a pledge to a dying race to keep. And keep it he would. He would do nothing to hurt Luna or the rest of his soon to be former companions,but going against the promise he had made was something he could not allow himself to be contemplate. He shot a glance at the Istari. The old man's face was pensive and thoughtful,but Rad thought he could detect an almost watchful expression beneath that front. The old magi was no fool,having never completely trusted Rad in the first place. Even now,some suspicion about his true motives must linger in the magi's thoughts.  In his own quiet,watchful way,he was as much of a threat as Astoria to Rad's plans.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2005, 10:47:09 AM »
"Wait I thought you Draconian's could only Glide. How are you going glide from down ther to up here? It is atleast four hundred feet down." Skene said nervously. Truth betold He hated the Idea of flying. not aything against Rad, but he hated it.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #308 on: April 06, 2005, 03:45:39 PM »
"Lets see, yes lets see." Atal said, quickly digging into his bag. "I think I might have a few pinches of that dust left." he rustled in the bag producing a six foot long dried snake skin, a small pocket book of burlesque poetry as well as six mismatched socks. No, no he muttered after each item, tossing it onto the ground behind him.

"Ah, and Rad, sure I am, relative of yours the skin does not belong too, heh heh..." he said with a wheezy cough. THe old man tossed a few more odds and ends onto the ground, a crust of dried bread, a single knitting needle and a childs red cap.

"EYAH and d**n!" he cursed as he rifled through the bag. "AH!" he shouted, pulling out a small leather pouch, perhaps as small as locket. Deftly he untied the strings, releaseing a smell remeniscent of springtime pollen and the loamy smell of wet earth and sun dried wood.

"A gift from the fairy queen it is, special powder, can shrink a man until he is small enough to fit through the door of fairy house. Very small are the doors of fairy houses, yes, very small..." he said with a wry grin. "Swift we will be, the magic short time only works, minutes at most."

"Swallow us you should not," Atal said, casting Rad a mirthful look, "Pop you will when return to normal size we do."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2005, 06:02:15 PM »
Aldan looked from Rad to Atal to Luna last then remarked, "There is no way in the darkest depths of the Dragon are you shrinking me and putting me in his mouth."

Aldan took a couple steps closer to the precarious slope. It dropped about ten metes then sloped at a twenty degrees angle about almost all the way down before sloping gently at the bottom towards the temple.  He took another step back onto a small over hand of rock about six feet long and a foot an a half wide.  He grinned arrogantly gazing at Luna before winking then before anyone could react he tapped his foot and a fissure ran through the rock the held it to the mountainside.  Aldan felt himself slip into a lithe position ancients that lived in the mountains used to get down mountain slopes in a similiar way he had seen a couple in his journies.  

Aldan felt himself grip the stone slab with the Draon strengthing everyone of the broken seem and smoothing the contors, so when it hit the ground he absorbed the impact and the stone didn't shatter.  It cut through the ice, snow, and dirt easily as he sped down the moutain side.

At one point he flew off another ledge and dropped almost fifty feet before the stone hit the earth again.  Aldan kept his grip on the stone with the Dragon sensing each shift in balance and accustoming his body to it.

His eyes teared he sped so fast and as the slope slowly leveled off decreasing his speed he gracefully forward flipped off the the stone ski and it buried itself in the ground.  He landed in a crouch about twenty paces from the edge of the closet forest grove.  

Aldan grinned back up the other mere specks on the cliffs above but he had a feeling so he sent a cocky grin there way anyways before turning back and examining his surrondings with a baleful eye.  Nothing had prepared him something like this but he knew he did want nor need the Moon Stone it was other things that concerned him.  Let the others have it, I will meet this specter Astoria is sending and put my fears to rest, then I'll take my sword back from her dead hands.  

Though unarmed he was not as you say safe, many powers flowed throw him and he was deft with his fist and foot as he was with his blade.  Let them come...

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2005, 11:28:55 PM »
Luna had caught the wink and winced when she saw him scamper down the mountainside. She saw or perhaps felt the faintest smirk on his handsome face. Though she trusted Rad with her life she didn't want to be in his mouth either, but did they have a choice. It was a quick and painless way down the mountain.

Skene eyed the draconian. He had been trustworthy thus far, however something just struck him that there was still a little to much draconian mindset for him, He went over and peered down the side of the mountain. Could he make it the way that Aldan did. No. He could not. He was no fool and had no girl he wanted to impress. He looked grumpily at Atal, "well if we are going to do it lets get it overwith, but no one speaks a word of this someone finds out that I let a draconian carry me down the side of a mountain in his mouth and willinglyat that,  they will think we are all mad."

Faith too had caught Aldan's momentary wink she looked at  Luna flushing just a little and smiled, looking at her dear friend Atal. She didn't need a vision to read a sign like that.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2005, 02:16:15 AM »
Rad pulled a sour face. ''Ach,quit your whining,knight. It's not like I enjoy the idea of carrying an ingrate like you in there,myself. Just let's get it over with.''

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2005, 03:39:03 PM »
"EYAH! in Hell there is no way ride in a sivak's I will." Atal protested after Aldan made his dramatic sled ride to the bottom of the gorge. "The smell it is, in hands carry us he can. In bag we will ride." Atal said, looking at the rest of the members as if they were indeed very foolish.

"Teeth are big enough already, yes yes." Atal said, making a small gesture of respect to the sivak to let him know that he meant no malice in his comments.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2005, 05:56:21 PM »
Aldan's lounging grin and became a slight frown at the others took their do time. not that he cared but it would be nice to get there soon.  

Aldan sat on the ground cross legged and practiced a meditation while the others worked on getting down.  He kept his inney eye focused on his surrondings and the process of their attempted descent but he let his real eyes fall close for a few minutes of rest.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #314 on: April 08, 2005, 04:02:20 PM »
OOC: Sorry You guys I have got the paper police on my tale Three due with in the next two weeks. So my posts may be few and far between atleast for that long, just try and bide with me here.

IC: Luna was grateful for this suggestion. "Well in that case go ahead and give him the pouch and let us take this fairy dust." She looked nervously at Atal, "how long will it keep us small, long enough for us to reach the ground I hope. how small will it make us he will be able to see us to put in the pouch right. I have never seen a fairy I don't know how small they get, but if we are so small that he can't see us then he won't be able to hear us either; what if he leaves one of us behind." She took a deep breath as the words just kind of flooded out of her mouth, "Alright I am better now I think, lets just get it over with." she said nervously.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #315 on: April 10, 2005, 09:25:21 AM »
Atal chuckled as he handed Rad a leather pouch large enough to carry a few apples in. He then took a pinch of the fairy dust and sprinkled it over Luna's head. She felt a cold tingle shoot through her body, as if she had stepped under a cold waterfall in the springtime. There was a whiff of jasmine and honeyclover and suddenly she was looked at the top of Atal's weathered boot, no more than four inches tall.

"Next," he said, spinkling the dust onto Faith, and then himself.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #316 on: April 11, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »
Luna looked around and examined her body, "still all in one peice." She hopped into the pouch and helped Atal get Faith in, She smiled up at Rad, "I am ready to see what it feels like to fly now!" She was excited, she had never flown anywhere before. She didn't worry about Rad she knew that he would not drop them, that is unless the spell wore off then what would they do? No, she told herself You trust Atal too you know that he wouldn't put us in danger. The strings were drawn tightly about them and they were lifted gently into the air. Luna and Atal who were still standing were knocked off balance and fell into each other. Luna's had had went to try and catch the old man before he fell on Faith, but instead knocked the fairy dust pouch out of Atals hands, what was left of it rained down on them, with the drawstrings tied the pollen like substance had no where to go. Luna sneezed, she was covered from head to toe in a a powdery yellow substance. "This can't be good."

Faith sighed, "thats all right dear you will just be a bit smaller for a little longer, no more than a couple of hours I think. Try not to move around a lot no sense in spreading it about one little person is quite enough I think."

OOC: One and a half papers down one and a half to go! Decided it was time for a little comedy.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #317 on: April 12, 2005, 12:26:38 AM »
With his wings outstreched,Rad waited till a powerful gust of wind came his way. Then,with a fluid movement of his wings,he and his tiny passengers were air borne,soaring through the sky as swift as any bird of prey.

Circling over the valley once,he landed right next to Aldan,the beating of his powerful wings knocking over the startled paladin.

''Well,paladin,I need not say which of the two of us had the more impressive way of descending here. Moving the rock to make a giant slide is cliche and overblown,as opposed to simply flying to one's destination with a magnificent pair of wings.''

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2005, 12:48:45 AM »
Aldan grinned at the Draconian, "Yeah, no offense intended back there, sometimes a moment of excitement is needed to keep the mind sharp.  Not all of us are gifted with a pair of extraordinary wings either.  So let's check on your little passengers."  

Aldan stood up and stretch his arms back and craned his neck invoking a sharp crack as a couple of veterbret popped.  When the bag was opened Faith, Atal, and Luna with the rest stood there. Luna seemed to be covered in yellow pollen. Aldan gently sat down cross legged again, he spoke softly, "Hmm this can't really be good?"

Aldan closed and imagined each blade of grass flattening slightly with four curled into tiny chairs.  When he opened his eyes again they all stood there, but without the clutter a forest of grass created.

"What do we do now?"

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2005, 03:25:45 PM »
"Have small cup of tea." Atal said, breaking into a wheezy laugh. He knew they were in no danger from the dust, it would shrink anyone to fairy size, no matter how much they used, no danger of shrinking out of existance. It would be inconvenient for little Luna, riding in someones pocket.

"Patience, virtue it is yes..." he said. "To temple we go, shelter, hot water and food yes." he said.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #320 on: April 13, 2005, 08:34:24 AM »
Luna began to dust herself off the fragrance was really very nice! she sneezed.  Well I guess we go then, she said. whose shoulder am I to ride. she looked expectantly at Aldan. Her light blue Eyes sparkleing.  First A little water to wash this stuff off a bit I think. Luna retreated a liitle back into the frozen Grass forest. She had a change of clothes in her pack, they weren't completely clean, but they weren't covered in fairy dust either. "You guys turn your back while I change," she said.  She watched as Aldan, Rad and Atal turned there backs... "Skene you too," she said in a playful voice.  "Skene? were are you?" She looked back up at the cliff side, and saw him peering down from the edge....

"Don't worry," he called," I am going to find my own way down..." Somehow he mutttered to himself.  He hadn't got into this escapade to be shrunk and flew over the side of a mountain. Odd, he thought, They hadn't even missed him.  He laughed inwardly I am just going to have to make myself more noticable like the Paladin or the Draconian.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #321 on: April 13, 2005, 06:34:46 PM »
Aldan tried not to grin nor blush too much, he held out to fingers and levitated the littler Luna up to his shoulder.  I stood up slowly and looked around, "You ok there?"

I looked around as Luna rested on my shoulder and gazed into the woods, before picking a careful path through the trees beginning what was hopefuly the final leg of our journey.  I felt a slight sinking sensation but boy I could go for a soft bed a hot meal and some eye candy.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #322 on: April 16, 2005, 09:25:36 PM »
OOC: *echo*....

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #323 on: April 16, 2005, 11:08:42 PM »
OOC: Sorry Luke give me a few more days to get over this recent bout of School work and I will give you a good and lengthy post, for know this will just have to work.

IC:  "Wait." shouted Skene, he paced back and forth at the edge of the cliff. "How am I am I Supposed to get down from here." He tried to lower himself over the edge but it seemed to steep for him. I know how foolish I must look, but by the gods I hate Hieghts. Ohh no Paladin don't you try your magic on me. "I will never surrvive casscading down that mountain like you."

Luna tried to suppress a grin as she looked at the others from her perch. "We can't just leave him there, anyone have and Idea?" She began to play response.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #324 on: April 18, 2005, 11:02:17 AM »
Aldan gazed up the slopes at the small speck that was Skene on the cliffs.  A groove was cut where he had made Aldan had cut his way down the snow and ice still covered most of the slope.

"Hey Luna your an elemental can't, I don't know, make a ramp of sometihng out of the snow?" I asked with a shrug feeling a little stupid.