llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Moon Stone  (Read 32420 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Questor Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2005, 09:37:47 PM »
Now Rad looked concerned. ''Tortured dreams of your own? And how long have these dreams have been going on? It seems to me that Faith might like to hear about this.''
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #276 on: March 28, 2005, 10:46:38 PM »
For one to be smothered in the DarkSide in not a pleasant experiance, imagine every feeling you have slowly hacked off you like a limb lost till all you left was your fear.  From the fear flowed anger, when anger stewed and festered soon hatred delivered it's ugly child.   It is said the Dragon can do terrible things to a person's mind, strip away their memories, twist though tunil it self destructs, even wipe away the person you are.  

Aldan awoke like a man gasping for air, trying to free himself from the drowning influence.  He looked around terrified at Luna then to Rad, dark lights sparked around him. He craned his head around and around.

"He was here, I swear it, He was here."

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Questor Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #277 on: March 29, 2005, 04:25:30 AM »
''And who would that be?'' Rad asked dryly. ''Luna and I saw no one approach. Sure you haven't been drinking one time too many from that hip flask of yours?''
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #278 on: March 29, 2005, 08:25:49 AM »
Luna hushed Aldan and gave a seemingly stern look at Rad.  "It was a nightmare nothing more I assure you. Both of you need to get some rest Aldan I will wake you when it is time for your watch." At saying this Luna received stern looks herself.  "Alright well atleast lay down and rest you don't have to go back to sleep; to answer your question Rad I have always had periods in my life where ill dreams have haunted my slumber, but tonight, this night , the dream was more real, more dangerous than I have ever felt it before." Luna shivered at the thought, "lets not speak of it know perhaps at daybreak..." Luna glanced over at Faith her shallow breathing and papery thin skin, "I do not wish to trouble Faith with this now, I am afraid for her, her life force is growing weak." Luna bit off whatever words would follow these, though she had only known the crazy old crone of a woman for a short while, though she only knew most of this group for a short while, some how she felt bound to them, bound to them in many deeper ways than she was once bound to her people. These people that sat around the fire they were her friends, perhaps in some ways her family.  She knew that it would soon be Faith's time to leave this plane and enter another, but for now she chose not to think of it.
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #279 on: March 29, 2005, 08:31:04 AM »
Rad shrugged his scaly shoulders. ''As you wish. But remember,if you feel something is wrong,don't hesitate to tell me.''

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #280 on: March 29, 2005, 08:34:37 AM »
Luna bowed her head, "I will, I promise... We can discuss it more tomorrow.  Here Aldan there is a little tea left perhaps it will help you relax." Luna handed him the small cup of warm tea. Then she turned about and began her watch.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #281 on: March 30, 2005, 08:28:46 AM »
Luna thought about the happenings this night two members of thier group had awaken with terror in their hearts so great that it made them cry out.  She did feel great unease about it this night. She knew some how she knew that their dreams, hers and Aldan's, had been connected in thier origin, She knew that both had to do with an unmistakable darkness. SH e looked out at the stars that speckeld the night sky, how can such horror exsist in a world with such beauty, balance that was the perfection of their world. Life, after all can not exsist with out death....

Several hours had passed and she knew that she should shake Aldan and inform him that it is his turn for watch, but she couldn't bring herself to sleep again, so why not let some one who could appreciate it get it. She knew this would never work after all they would only rebuke  her in the morning for not waking them at their turn, possibly even suggesting that she skip tomorrows watch. So slowly she got to her feet and walked over to Aldan. He really was quite pleasing to the eye she noticed, it reminded her of her Davynn, were was he she wondered as she shook Aldan gently.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #282 on: March 30, 2005, 03:26:42 PM »
Aldan had feigned rest the best he could after Rad and Luna had chided him but they maybe they didn't have same perceptions but Aldan could feel the turmoil in the Dragon.  There was a great disturbance, a hunger, and knew somewhere in the pit of his stomach that the longer he stayed the more danger he put the others in.

Lost in his own thoughts he appeared very much asleep that Luna shook him to wake him up for his watch.  "Thanks, try to grab some rest yourself." Aldan said with feigned cheeriness it took an effort to put a good look on things.  He noticed the gaze Luna seemed to be giving him.  Aldan had blonde hair and colbalt blue eyes that sparkled with life at times and could be stone cold at other times, he was in good form from a light diet of foraging and constant training.

"Do I remind you of someone?"

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2005, 11:47:58 AM »
Luna realized that she was staring at Aldan, turning her head she felt her face grow warm. "Yes, You remind me of someone I haven't seen in such along time," she said. " You and I are alike in many ways you know. You may not see it, but it is true," she glanced back at him, "When I was little I would get feelings eerie feelings, I would think myself silly, no one else got them, so I would ignore them and when something did happen I was too afraid to tell anybody that I had these feelings because I thought they would be mad at me for not sharing them, or worse they wouldn't believe me. I guess what I am trying to say is that I...I  am glad you're here,  You seem to have the same feelings as me and then I don't feel as silly anymore." She drooped her head and smiled, "Listen to me, I should get some rest, wish me pleasant dreams."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #284 on: March 31, 2005, 06:34:22 PM »
Aldan smiled, "People often fear what they don't understand.  A restful sleep to  you then."  

Aldan turned away from the fire and stood sentry a dozen or so paces away from the campfire. He turned his head back one last time everyone slumbered enough, that he would be gone not long enough for them to notice.  With a step further he stepped off the small plateaus edge.  It was no more than a fifty foot drop, wind whistled by as the ground rushed up to meet him.  Yet at the last second he played a cushion out between him and the rocky ground using the Dragon and he landed softly as if he had lept off a small embankment and nothing more.

Aldan strode silently down the hill with the experiance of expert scout.  He came to a rest before the yawning mouth of the cave he had passed, he had to know if this had once been the resting place of Him.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #285 on: March 31, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »
As Aldan did this two beady eyes crept over the boulder followed by a sinister grin, Fools You will believe exactly what I want you to believe, we will have them my Lady Oh yes, we will have them. This is a night for dark thoughts. Strath once again sunk behind the boulder.

Though Luna's eyes were closed and breathing steady she couldn't force herself to sleep again, not after that dream She heard Aldan leave, She sat up abruptly, and went to cliffs edge. His blonde hair stood out vividly in the moon's light as he made his way toward the mouth of a cavern. I tried to warn him, I know he felt it to. He feels the Evil that lurks around that place, why then must he go to it. He's also used his magic again, She hasn't trailed us yet perhaps we are out of her range. even though this thought was in her mind she knew it wasn't true that Sorceress could reach them if she wanted to, why... Why are you waiting. She thought to herself. She sat there arms around her knees, She would wait until she saw his form coming once again across the rocky path. She smiled and half giggled to her self. remind me of someone indeed, Davynn would have done this.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #286 on: March 31, 2005, 11:37:11 PM »
Aldan felt a chill run down his spine as he stepped into the dank cave, the tempurature seemed to drop sharply.  Aldan raised his sense of alertness he placed a hand on the trail Luna had traveled down earlier than that day.  The Dragon was so strong here he could feel the impression she had made on the darkness, tiny footsteps of sweetness over an overwhelming sence of gloom.  

Aldan retracted his palm and headed down the other cavern.  Every now and then he encountered a beast, it startled him slightly the slumbering creatures seemed tainted that they looked to be dying just not fallen yet.  Aldan continued masking his presence and leaving no impressions in a place of this sensitivity.  

He came to the end of the chamber, a giant boulder was forced into the passaged blocking further progress. Only a powerful Paladin could have done this, he surmised.   Ancient rues were carved on the circumfrance of the boulder and around the cave wall.  A dark blue glow seemed to suffuse the rock.  It pulsed with the power of the Darkside. Aldan held out his hand hesitating a second before laying his palm on the smoothe stone.  It was ice cold to the touch but that wasn't the only thing he felt.  A coursing sickness seemed to run through him, he felt his anger rise for no reason.  Suddenly he wanted to use the Dragon to shatter the boulder he could sense them the stress points, the proper pressure at the proper place could produce the proper echo to shatter it.

Yet Aldan did not bask in the power of the Darkside, he resisted giving into the dark temptations. He felt a heavy burden on his shoulders but held himself resolute and using the force of his will pulled his hand from the stone.  Shocked, he looked back at the stone.  A pure white hand print was left on the dark blue surface of the stone. Aldan resisted the temptation to touch the stone again.  Whatever had been sealed in there was sealed in for a reason.

Aldan turned his back and left the cave, no it hadn't been the residing place of the Dark Paladin, it had been something perhaps even more sinister but it would remain buried in those depths.  Aldan stood at the cave mouth letting the small sprinkle that was starting cleanse his face and the foulness he felt. He had resisted the darkness with in himself and felt a peaceful calmness come over him. He stood there for five minutes basking in the light rain before making his way back up the mountain to the camp.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2005, 08:46:41 AM »
Luna, feeling the sprinkle of ice crystals on her head looked up, The sky that had once been clear and crisp was now covered with thin clouds that still left a little of the moon light shine through them. This gave the sky an eerie glow. She went over to the members of the group and began pulling there covers over their heads to keep the steady flow of Ice pellets from hitting them. These pellets hissed as they hit the fire. It was freezing out here, they needed the fire. Irresolutely she held out her hands and the fire began to crackle and blaze once more.  What good were they to any preditor, sorceress or not, if they were half frozen anyway.

She sat down next to the fires edge. Then she felt it. Aldan, He was on his way back.  Their was something different about him though he had attianed some form of peace. Luna smiled as she shook her head slightly, "Leave it up to Davynn, to find peace in a place filled with evil," she mumbled to herself. "I mean Aldan," she corrected herself with a start.  He would be back soon, she knew. She had decided at first to go back to feigning sleep, but she was curious and so she decided instead to wait for his return. Shestood and walked once again to the cliffs edge and  began humming, which soon turned into words, her song seemed to be carried on the wind itself.

Let me sleep for when I sleep I dream that you are here
Your mine and all my fears are left behind
so let the moon shine softly on the face I long to see
and maybe in his dreams he will dream of me.

I hide behind the clouds and whisper to the evening stars they tell me life is just a dream away dream away....

So let the moon shine softly on the I long to see
and maybe when he dreams he will dream of me....

Strath looked up from behind his hiding place and marveled at the sound of her vioce. that voice... it is the voice from my dream for the first time since Strath had been knocked unconcious life seemed to seep back into his eyes. He began to reach out toward her back... but something caught him and forced him to once again look at the amulet that he held firmly in his left hand,  the spark that had just a moment before flared in his eyes was quickly put out like a sufficating fire.He quietly lowered himself back behind the boulder.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #288 on: April 01, 2005, 01:49:59 PM »
Aldan paused at the lip of the ledge of the camp was on listening quietly to Luna's humming, she had such a beautiful voice it seemed to call to him like a syren.  He held back a moment or two longer before swinging himself up onto to the ledge.

Aldan walked over to the fire and plopped down next to the blaze enjoying the warmth that flowed from the fire.  

"Guess I'm not the only one who can feign sleep." Aldan said with a grin.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #289 on: April 01, 2005, 04:12:30 PM »
"who could sleep?" she shrugged, "I was going to continue feigning, but then this d**n curiosity got the best of me." she said mockingly a grin planted on her face. "Why I wondered would you leave the people you are supposed to be protecting to go into a wicked cave. Lucky I was here to hold down the fort Aye?" She saw him give her a glance. "I'm kidding Seriously though, why did you go back and how is it that you seem so peaceful afterwards, Do you blame a girl for asking?" She smiled cooly at him.

what are you doing?... Your flirting with him what would Davynn say... She remembered the last night they talked at the begining of the journey she was instantly was tossed back into the reverie...

You're a princess to me, You like your new traveling companions don't you?" Davynn asked.

"Yes I do. Something about this journey just seems right. I finally feel safe here." Luna smiled

" You especially like the new Paladin I see,"

"Jealous are we..." Luna giggled.

"No... No." Davynn Blushed, "You may feel safe, but this is not a safe time Luna. You must be on your gaurd."

"My friends and I will protect each other." Luna said trying to comfort her lonesome friend.

" It is not good enough. I need to be there I need to protect you," Davynn hit the tree he was leaning against then as if talking to know one but himself. " But I can't, Not yet, but I will."

"He's coming for me..." she said out loud barely louder than a whisper.
She noticed the question mark look on Aldan's face.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #290 on: April 01, 2005, 10:18:36 PM »
Aldan gazed into the fire as she asked the question.  When he looke up he began.  "I think you've heard me drone on a couple times about the Dragon, regurgitating what my Master taught me as any apprentice would. For years I've always questioned whether what I believe is really right. That through passive action and acting in knowledge and defense I was doing what was right.  Part of me was curious yes, but a deaper part of me wanted to test my metle on the aura of the Darkside in that place.  When I stood in the bowels of that place I was tested, when I laid my hand on the boulder I was surged with a wave of almost incredible power, it was as tangible as you see me now, and with that power all I had to do was give into my hate and the power would have been mine.  But I didn't give into my own desires I resisted the urge to utterly let my self cut loose I stayed calm and collected and was able to resist non-violently and with that I felt a sense calm.  Neither part of the Dragon is stronger Light or Dark it isn't the circumstances that matter it is how you react. And I was able to walk away from the power in that place, I don't know how to describe it I just feel better.  Enough of me droning on though."

"He's coming for me..."

"Whose coming for you Luna?" He leaned over and looked into her eyes worried and took her hand in his.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #291 on: April 01, 2005, 11:45:41 PM »
Blushing she turned her head to face him what wonderful blue eyes, "Huh? I'm sorry I was lost in my own thoughts a moment there wasn't I. I don't know who he is any more I thought I did... but now I am not so sure. She held his hand a moment longer then let go running her fingers through her hair. You say that no side is greater light or dark? Is that all their is for you... no inbetween. My father used to have a saying, "birth and death complete balance one can not exist with out the other, However it is not a persons birth nor their death that they are remembered by it is all events that fall inbetween. I fight for good, yes, but I understand that a completely good world could never exist unless it be nothing more that a silent tomb, therefore I understand that darkness like all other things has it's place in the fates design. It is my job to fight for good so that the world is kept in balance, inbetween." She looked back up at Aldan the fire light flickered on his blondish hair.  She felt she needed to ask a question, "Aldan do you believe in dopplegangers?"
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #292 on: April 02, 2005, 01:42:04 PM »
"Aldan do you believe in dopplegangers?"

Aldan quieted his thought thta he wasn't fighting all evil but he it was like he was stuck at a mountain top with the power he had, he could see the worst and best but the valley below where the gray aera lies is a blur to him.

"I don't really know, sometimes I think one haunts me sometimes."  Aldan shuddered slightly, "It's like there's something out there that deliberately wants me to never sleep."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #293 on: April 02, 2005, 11:03:48 PM »
"He was in your dream then, Mine too." Luna shivered. "She has been their before, but never like this never like she was tonight." The dark night was begining to fade into a dreary gray morning it would be time to waken soon. It seems all the others had slept with little trouble, "Why do you think the others are permitted rest and we are tourchered? Luna bowed her head and walked again to the edge of the cliff talking to him with her eyes trained on the sublime view. "When we again are on the trail I think it would be best we described told Rad about our dreams. I feel that something is amiss, and it will soon have to be addressed. Should we give them a few more minutes before waking them?" she said turning once more to face him.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #294 on: April 03, 2005, 12:45:21 AM »
Aldan stood up and stepped to where Luna stood, he waited beside her, standing quiet for a second as the faint traces of dark blue colored the black sky that would herald dawn in perhaps an hour.  Aldan's gaze hardened as he seemed to look out to the same spot Luna gazed.  "Lets wait a few minutes I've always enjoyed the coming of dawn." Aldan said carefuly avoiding her quesiton.

"You can't trust him, you can't trust anyone, and you most of all can't trust me." Aldan spoke with rapacity. "The shadows are beginning to flower here, each of us is here on an alterior motive, I never intended to appear the figure of light the others make me out to be that you think I am.  Each of us has our darkness, I may have resisted what lies in myself tonight but that was not the true test."

Aldan's voice grew icey, "I fear I cannot stay much longer, the draw of that cursed stone kees ever louder in my ear."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #295 on: April 03, 2005, 12:46:25 PM »
Luna looked back at Aldan her eyes just as icy as his, " You run then. You leave the people that have become your friends, you leave me. Even though it has been prophecized that each member of this group including you has a part in this, this whatever is going to happen. We were each to receive a vision in this Temple and we are but two days from it, Perhaps it is the darkness that calls you away, the darkness that causes you to mistrust so that you will forsake this group and leave." Tears now filled her eyes she quickly turned her head to aviod any gaze he might set on her. "Never intended to be the figure of light, and yet all to often we become  what we least intended to be. I do... I trust you Aldan, just as I trust Rad, and just as I Faith and Atal and Skene whether you leave or not.  We will all be tested, atleast I will have friends at my side, She turned again and looked at Aldan, she took his hands again, Let me, let us fight at your side... she searched his blue eyes...  

suddenly Luna heard a faint crack at the corner of thier camp. She looked at the members of  the camp all still slept silently, but something was different than it had been before. She glanced over them again, Strath, Skene, Atal, Rad, and Faith, All there she let go of Aldan's hands and went over to the corner where she had heard the crack. She stared wide eyed at the site. "Aldan," her vioced quivered, " I think you should see this..."  There before her eyes she saw a drawing of herself peering into a black pool in which her doppleganger looked back at her with her twisted grin, and beside her was Aldan gaping and gasping at his own sword.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #296 on: April 03, 2005, 02:23:11 PM »
Aldan rocked back on his heels and a gasp escaped him, she cut him with her words.  He had expected pleas to stay or even a tearful goodbye but to just go, Aldan felt sick to his stomach wrought with guilt and fear.  On one hand if he left his friends he left them minus a defender, on the other he might draw more of the dark creatures to them.  

"Aldan, I think you should see this..." He paced his way over and stared down at the picture shocked, he felt his waist band and the blade was gone Aldan gazed around but the only sign of it lay painted in the picture.  He ran a hand over the paint, it smeared.

"Powers above, he's been here and he's got my sword.  We should move on now."  Aldan didn't lift his land he smeared the the picture until it was unreadable mess.  A seed of anger planted in his heart he gazed at the mess. Many dark emotions swirled in him and he gazed at Luna's tearfully eyes.

"He's here now, and he'll be after the stone."  Aldan stretched out his senses but the foe eluded every trick to detect him.  She trusted him... yet it now the dopplehanger lurked among them and now Aldan felt a sinking a sensation of intense fear in his stomach.  It was here and the Dragon was with him.

"I must face him..." Aldan said almost to himself.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #297 on: April 03, 2005, 11:21:59 PM »
Luna looked at him perplexed a moment, she sensed nothing no other beings near them but still anger and danger like she had never felt before. She Nodded start packing the things I will begin to wake the others. She reflexivly moved to Skene, and dark half moons shaded under his eyes, a tale tale mark of little sleep. His face was pale and drawn she shook him He grunted and jumped away at her touch next to him lay a stick the tip of which was burned to a sharp point. As her eyes fell upon it he quickly drew it once more into the confines of his cape. He jumped up away from her, she called to Aldan, "Aldan, it's him he... he..." her words were cut off from her as he ran at her the Paladins sword in his grasp. Not thinking but feeling she held out her hand and the blade of the sword began to grow. She dodged his first run. By this time the rest of the camp was quickly stiring. He lunged at her again but the blade was growing white hot it burned his skin and he relinquished the sword crying in agony realizing her shot Luna dove on top of her screaming friend, and tried to hold him down just the way Rad had taught her. Her freinds were rushing to her aide when they stopped whether by force or by awe no one could say above them on a cliff appeared Luna's worst nightmare.

"That smile..." Luna touched her own lips. "Your.. Me?" all breath had left "Hello Luna, I see you remember me, and you to Aldan recognize my face it was I Astoria that you and My dear Strath saw in the fire."
As the others gazed up at the figure on the cliff they would see what would be an almost perfect representation of Luna except her hair was raven black.  

It is time for me to take my prince with me, she statted flatly. He wasn't good enough for you, He loved you, he did. It took much conjoling to get him to turn to me that while he lay unconcious. You ministered to his physical needs, but you could not give him the love that he wanted, so he found it in me."

The gray swirling clouds above her head only made her look more Menacing. Luna no longer held strath down, but clutched him like a mother would a child, he fought her trying desperatley to get to Astoria. "No, No"She screamed. "He is still good , he is still good. "  

Astoria's thick laughter filled the chilled air. "I grow weary of your words, she called.  I will wait no longer. Strath come to me." Strath fought ever more feircly, but Luna held tightly to him Astroria reached up a hand and chanted words that seemed as old as time itself. Haseth... hamend.... corsoth.... resenthis.. lightning jarred the skies and it struck Luna causing her to release the grip she had been holding on Strath, He quickly hastneed to Astoria's side.  Luna felt the surge pulse through her body.

"I am an elemental... the thought seemed so simple... she obsorbed as much of the lightning in her body as she could stand her eyes began to tear up and she screamed in an agony that seemed to last for ever yet she knew that it was but a second. She fell to the ground. She heard that thick laughter once again... she raised her head and she saw it... shock. the shock on her face, the anger.
So you have survived... Stronger than I thought... you and I are more alike than I thought.  This is not the last that we will see of each other I assure you the others will be here soon.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #298 on: April 04, 2005, 06:33:00 AM »
When Rad finally arrived at the scene,every powerful muscle in his body tense with anxiety,the sight of Luna weeping greeted his eyes. To his horror,Luna looked as if she had witnessed something too to awful to believe. He face was pale and covered in a thick sheen of sweat,bearing an expression of the utmost pain and agony.

''Luna'',the big sivak rasped,''what in the Dark Queen's name happened? ''

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #299 on: April 04, 2005, 08:33:36 AM »
Luna looked at her now empty hands, and again at the cliff face tears streaked her face. He is gone... gone. She looked at Rad. "Did you not see her? Astoria? She came... took Strath... she looks just like me." She sobbed. Faith came and put her hands on Luna.... "Hush now my child. She will be back we cannot stay here. Come let us gather our things and leave now so that we may fight again tomorrow. Perhaps he is not completely lost to us yet, but we must go to the temple." Luna nodded her head in agreement, "let us pack then quickly. "

After all was packed they began their steady climb further up the mountain, There was an old trail that the snow seemed to aviod so the traveling wasn't that difficult. Skene traveled at the head of the group while Atal helped Faith, Luna could tell the journey was becoming evermore tiresome for her. Luna herself traveled between Rad and Aldan.  She looked at Rad, "We need to talk..." she looked at Aldan waiting for confirmation, "We three need to talk. Aldan and I each had a dream last night. In it we each saw ourselves only darker... this morning before we awakened you we saw pictures of our dreams drawn like they had been created. It was Strath who created these pictures. I think he took the amulet we found in the cave, in the corner their was also the same words that were on the amulet. I think we should recount our dreams for each other and for Rad, Luna recounted the strange dream she had all the while her next question beat off of the sides of her mind. She remembered what Astoria had said last... "This is not the last that we will see of each other, I assure you the others will be here soon." She repeated these words aloud. What do you think she meant by "the others will be here soon?"
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©