llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Moon Stone  (Read 29583 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2004, 11:31:14 PM »
"Perhaps I was wrong... what then if it had been one of us in the monsters path? would you have so easily walked away? Maybe I am being a little over emotional, but just the same Perhaps your kind are given the reputation of heartless dark beings for a reason." in saying this she shunned her eyes away and glared at the Paladin. " You sir need to be more careful in how you use or abuse your powers.  I may be a little elfess, but more so I am a kind of elemental and your brazen abuse of them sickend me." Luna took a breath and calmed her eyes. She turned away from the group thoughts littered her mind I only hope that my Gift the words clung to her chapped lips will be more welcomed in this group than it has been elsewere.  It was foolish to think that I could hide it for the rest of my life. The Paladin needs guidance he still rocks on the edge of light and shadow. We all will grow on this journey, that is certain. It is uncertain if that growing will lead us to greatness or to death.  " It is nearly morning I suggest we pack up camp.  I suggest we make a gurny for the unconcious one. Old man will you see to his wounds. She looked at Faith the old woman had sparks in her eyes. Which direction is the Temple of Icelos in exactly?
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2004, 11:49:21 PM »
Aldan dropped his ripsote to Rad's comment as Luna entered the camp, he nodded in agreement with Luna's words but the seemed to now sink through.  He started packing mechanicly, a vague sense of a hangover was about him, the ease of use of the Shadow part of the Dragon shocked him he didn't even realize he did it until it was done.  A good thing he caught himself he wasn't sure how far he could have gone.  

"Aldan you mustn't let your thoughts drift on the past or future you see, keep you mind in the here and now." A vague whisper of his master's teaching came to him. He was right.  "The Dragon is a tool for defense and meditation, never attack.  Always fear, anger, aggression, and hate lead to the Shadow." Another quote of his.  

"I am sorry for my outburst, I will work better to refine my control." Aldan said giving Luna a short bow then setting about gathering to strong stick for a gunry.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2004, 06:50:23 AM »
Wheezing slightly, Atal pushed himself to his feet with his gnarled walking stick, his eyes drooped as he made his way over to the prostrate man. He paid no attention to the stretcher (Gurneys have wheels) being made instead focused soley on the man.

He grunted as he let the leather beg slip from his shoulder to the ground. Apparently the sack was quite heavy, but judging from the number of items that had been pulled from it,. it would be surprising if the sack weighed more then the wizened old man did. Atal felt the man's forehead, his cheeks, the sides of his neck, and the insides of his wrists, all the while a grimace on his face.

After a moment, he placed his ear against the mans chest, and almost looked like he was sleeping on him, rather than listening to the myriad of strange noises that a body creates. He lifted his ear from the mans chest and returned to his bag. He rustled around inside of the hefty black container, creating a variety of noises from the clink of glassware, to the odd pitched ring of metal, and other less identifiable sounds. He romved several smaller leather scripts that an apothecary would recognize as herb pouches as well as several small vials of a strange pink liquid that changed colors in the faint light of the dying fire.

"EYAH, Atal needs new filling method." he said, finally pulling out a thick roll of what looked like gauze of some sort. He uncorked the small vial of pink liquid, and dipped his finger in it. He drew the liquid across the smaller claw and tooth marks that marred the mans skin. The liquid sizzled and bubbled like spit on a hot grill, but made a strange small similar to vinegar and pears. The man groaned and twitched as Atal poured a liberal amount of the pink liquid into the severe wound in his neck. The smell was much stronger, and the sound louder than before. After a minute of making sure that the fluid filled each part of the wound, Atal took a knife and cut the pantleg away from the mans savaged knee. The wound looked terrible and he emptied the vial tending the last wound.

Atal discared the glass vial back into his bag, and took up the leather scripts. He unrolled the first one and scowled, "EYAH! I no make bean soup!" he said rolling the script back up and promptly sticking it down into the leather bag. The second produced a much similar scowl, but was simply placed back in the bag without a word. The last script made him breathe a sigh of relief as he unrolled it, and began pulling out various paper slips of unlabeled herbs.

He started adding pinches and shakes from the various pouches until he had a tablespoon sized lump of pulverized green and brown in his palm. He added some water from Luna's bucket and made the material into a coarse paste, dabbing a small amount on the deeper cuts and bites, but reserving the lions share for the neck and knee injuries. Deftly he anointed the wounds with the salve, careful not to make the injury worse.

Finally he unwound the gauze like material which had a strange pattern to it, alternating blocks of light and dark, set in a diamond, or mosaic fashion, and it seemed to have a strange, non-fibrous texture to it. He took a small knife, no longer than a finger and cut the material into small strips and used them to bind th wounds. The material drew up, and became like a false layer of skin as he placed it over the wounds. Some were drawn closed as the material contracted and adhered tightly to the mans skin. It didnt match his skintone, it remained pale, with its diamond pattern, and had a glossy look to it.

"No play chew-toy with wolf, wolf win!" Atal said, depositing his script back into the back, and adjusting the other things he removed earlier. "Maybe bean soup later.' he chuckled.

"When he wake, need water and bloodroot he will."

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2004, 08:28:05 PM »
Skene had thought he had died and had seen somethign strange through the Sight in which he had some limited power in. He saw a temple and he traveled with a most unusual group of people, then he saw a dark wall in which he could not look beyond. This troubled Skene greatly, and as long as he could he held on to the vision for as long as he could before he felt himself being pulled back to life. He came awake with a start his eyes flashing open and staring wildly around him. He slapped at his left thight where his sword had been sheathed, but he found nothing save open air. He groaned and tried to sit up, but could no, too weak to do so. He let himself fall back and felt pain run up through his neck he coughed loudly and closed his eyes, awake, but resting as he recited in his mind the Knight Addage to Pain.
Pain is the mind killer, but apart of the mind itself, we can overcome it, but must not fear pain. We must accept pain to destory it.
With this he felt numbness come to his body as he kept on reciting it over again until all the pain was gone
Evil Is A Faceless Stranger,
Living In A Distant Neighborhood
Evil Has A Wholesome, Hometown Face
With Merry Eyes And An Open Smile
Evil Walks Among Us, Wearing A Mask
Which Looks Like All Our Faces

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2004, 12:56:42 PM »
Faith came to the injured man,"Shh, rest child, calm yourself, the pain will soon pass and then you can tell us of yourself."  With this she placed a trembling old hand upon his brow thoughts racing through her mind, he has fever, his battle is not yet won. Much pain will this one endure, both in sickness and in health. He is sad, he has left some one behind. Nightmares are ruling your mind; I can do you a service in this atleast. She grasped the moonstone that hung around her weathered neck. It shone pale and pure in her hands. sleep well young one, No nightmares will you have tonight.

The camp had began to move traveling west into the mountains. Faith looked at the companions that traveled by her side. They were an odd group all with their strengths and their weaknesses. Strath who was young, loyal, and fierce in battle. Rad the not so fearsome draconian, Strong, independent, and cunning.  Aldan the Paladin was,  playful, optimistic, and thoughtful in his actions. Then there was Luna the elementress, stubborn, compassionate, and intelligent. As for her reliable Atal ever wise, resourceful, and quick, and now some one new some one of which she hadn't even heard his name, yet she new that one characteristic lay deep rooted in him He had a hopeful heart.   Not one of the group was what could be called and ordinary person. Faith smiled to herself, she new that to posess the powers with in the moon stone one must be more. One must be Extraordinary.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2004, 03:29:23 PM »
Later that night when the camp had traveled some distance and stopped of the night Aldan slept.  His dreams wandered over the days events and other things in his life.  In one dream he chased an old girlfriend through a door but instead of finding himself outside he was immersed in total darkness.  The the darkness the figure came, clad in dark armor and a cap that billowed out behind him.  His face was masked by a black armor helmet with a human skull on it, through it red orbs looked out daring Aldan to challenge him, the Lord of the Shadow Knighs.  Behind him, Aldan heard a girl say his name.  Then she spoke ladder, all of the sudden she screamed out his name, ALDAN!. And the vision was gone.  

Adlan sat up, his ears ringing with the girl's words. All of the sudden he heard a rustle of robes and the clink of armor in the woods.  He got up and wondered out into a meadow, and from the shadow of the trees three hooded figures appeared.  Aldan felt the black corrupted hearts just as they appeared.  The middle one spoke, "Aldan our master was most displeased when you refused his offer.  Now we will be rewarded for killing you."

"Come you scum of the earth let battle be joined,"  Aldan felt odd the others were casting a cloak od darkness over the meadows any sounds or sights stayed in the small area while those outside could not see in.  Aldan produced his sword.  The other three removed their robs revealing pale and bruised faces corrupted by the Shadow Dragon.  The middle produced a Fire Brand, a double bladed weapon that used by a Dragon user could caused the blades to heat up extraordinarily hot, the one on the left produced two flat matte black short swords while the one on the right produced a jagged edged katana.  

Aldan focused on opening himself to the Dragon.  He removed inhibitions in himself as when a beaver d**n is removed from a river.  He felt a trickle of power at first then a torent washed over, his sword blade sprang to life as the three Shadow Apprentices fell upon him.  Aldan blocked the first strike from the katana, then dodged aside where the Fire Brand would have scewered him and feinted left to the of the short swords then disarmed the dual fencer by slicing off the foes right hand.  

The Apprentice gave a cat like yowl and the veil of darkness around them dropped a little.  The lead Apprentice reinforced it, "Idiot do not let your guard down.  With that he hurled himself back at Aldan.  

Aldan noticed how much power they were drawing to veil all four of them so he sent a bolt of lightining from his one hand into the Fire Brand wielder.  He blocked it with his own whirlpool of dark energies but Aldan felt the cloak of darkness around them grow weaker.    He pressed his attack on the Katana wielder in a flury of one two three hits that forced the opponet to drop back, Aldan sued the Dragon to produce and invisbled wall of power and hurled the man back into a tree, even from twenty feet away you could here the man's spine snap.  

The veil of shadow flickered and fell around them, the lead Apprentice tried to focus on raising it back up but Aldan struck off the man's head and lept back.  The dark enegies in the man now uncontrolled leapt out in a virulent indigo explosion that consumed the man's body.  His two compatriots vanushed into thin air retreating to where ever they came from.  Aldan kept his guard up for another two minutes listening to only the sound of his haggered breathing before using the moon light to return to camp.  He was messy and several cuts and slashes from the exchange but nothing serious.  He walked slowly back to camp keeping his sense of the Dragon carefully alert for the presence of a Shadow warrior.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2004, 04:22:41 PM »
"Much skill you have, Aldan Frey." Atal said, having observed the battle unseen. "Much skill yes. Strong too in the Dragon, as you name it. But I sense fear, fear of the darkness. Gone now they are. Rest you may." the wise council said, his tone even and his voice steady in a manner that belied his small wizened frame.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2004, 08:15:16 PM »
Skene calmed down by the sound of the women's voice and before drifting off to sleep he smiled. Skene had traveled far from his home from Caladin on the continent Camalini and never did he thought that such things would happen. Fate, it seemed, had different plans for him. Then, it may be destiny. Skene's deams of that of when he was young with his father, sixteen years old and being taught the Meking Philosphy, he could still remembe rhis father's words:
"Many people have looked for the reason why we must live, and they are so blind as to see that they have been fulfilling life all along. Life's meaning is to try to understand life. Though it be impossible by every being, it is the effort they put in it, to survive and to understand."
That was a long time ago, far in the past when he lived in the City of Calan, already a tough soldier and page, he was the son to a Noble who was one of the greatest Knights of Caladin ever. His mother, who he almost didn't know, was a harlot, and that was all he was told by his saddened father on it. He had gone to the harlot for comfort because of his sadness of losing his late wife, who could not bear children, and he had heard of Skene being born, but did not know that it was true. Only did he see it with his own eyes. And so, here Skene was, young, but a Knight of Caladin, in a quest to save his country.
 Skene slept through all the traveling and finally came awake when they had stopped, he was almost healed suprisingly of his wounds, and he opened his eyes looking around. He grouned and sat up, it took much effort and he winced as he felt a little pain in his throat. He ignored it and looked around noting that it was night, he groped for his sword and found it, it silently picked it up making as much sound as he could. He looked at the blade and saw that it had been cleaned, he nodded and placed it beside him not for defense but for comfort.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2004, 11:19:39 PM »
As Aldan reached the camp he found Luna awake staring into the fire. The kettle had been put on and the water was well on its way to being warmed. " Come sit by the fire so I can clean your wounds and dress them," She said as she eyed the Palidin. She noticed the questioning glare that he gave her. " They blocked out sound and sight yes, but remember I am an elemental. I can commune with the elements, and if my requests are pure then they will oblige me.  Before we set camp every night I ask the wind to be our gaurdian. It being a great force can pass through the silly veil that those men set up." She spoke quietly as she took the hot water and washed the sticky crimson blood from his shouler, " We, this group is connected in some way, We will stand by your side if the need arises. It was foolish to go into the darkness alone." Having said this she dressed his wounds in silence. Then she went across the camp to where her bed role was she gleemed at him once more with those crystal blue eyes and, then turned her back to the fire constantly glancing upward as if searching the heavens.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2004, 12:39:28 AM »
Aldan nodded wearily, "I don't know if I can stay here any more.  I risk the mission with my presence." He whispered to Luna quietly, "He has a hold over me now, he knows I have a sister and she is just as pwoerful as I am, he hunts for her now, and I don't even know who she is."  Aldan said gloomily.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2004, 01:37:08 AM »
A little distance away,Rad sat silently.He had observed Aldan return to the camp and had heard the words that passed between him and the Istari.So,the young paldin's enemies were pursuing him.Bad news for him and bad news for them.The quest they were on was dire enough,without having to face the dangers this unexpected addition to their little band had brought with him. As Aldan sat by the camp fire with Luna,telling her that it would be best if he left the band,Rad felt himself agreeing silently.Better he leave and die somewhere else,putting their quest out of danger in the process.

Once again,he found Luna's harsh words ringing through his head.The young elfess had been shocked by his cold statement that it would have been wise to leave that maimed man to the wolves.How gullible and innocent she was.How easily hurt.He sighed.She trusted too easily.Of the whole group,she was the only one who had to come to see him as other than as an unpleasent but neccesary presence to be put up with.The magi,Atal may have pitied his plight,but continued to treat Rad with caution,convinced that a draconian could not be trusted completely.Strath put up with the company of what he saw as a vile monster only because of Luna.And as for Aldan,the young man was clearly crazed by all that he had suffered in the past.So crazed as to tell an abombination like him that he had some ''good'' in his heart. Only trusting Luna had come to see him as a true companion.

And his comment of the previous day had shattered  that little illusion.She had seen for the first time,Rad as he was.A  being ruthless and determined,willing to sacrifice anyone and anything to get what he wanted.Was it finally begining to dawn on her that he was tagging along with them to claim his own selfish prize,not caring if anything tragic befell them as long as he was alive at the end of it to take what he had been after? No,that was not wholly true.As hard and cold a killer as he was,Rad would care if Luna came to any kind of grief. Draconians weren't heartless dark beings,after all.They were just doing what they had to do,in order to survive in a world that wanted them dead.Just as he was.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2004, 06:53:35 AM »
Skene held himself together as e looked around forcing himself to speak he was dismayed by his voice, he didn't have one! The wolves must of tore it out, he thought as he looked around, he picked his sword up and tried to stand up, he cursed as he felt a hot pain shoot up his leg, on the back of his knee. He fell back down making an awful noice as he did, it must be sure to be heard by everyone else. He winced and tried crawling away, but going agonizingly slow

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2004, 11:46:34 AM »
Luna Looked up at the noise and rushed to the hurt one. " You need to lie still for now you are not fully healed. Atal do you have any of that bloodroot?" She stood and went over to Aldan placing her hand on his shoulder and telling him in whisper so slight it was soon wisped away by the wind never to be heard again. " Remeber, what Faith said we all hold an important part in this scheme, you included.  We are in this together now. It was foolish for you to leave camp on your own, but you did it for your own reasons and that is why none of us took chase after you. You need to understand that if you should call us to stand beside you we will," taking another look at Rad. "or at least I will."  Standing once again she resumed her post this time sitting next to the injured man's side. Thoughts seem to bounce off of the walls inside her head.

The Paladin fights for his sister that is a noble battle. Rad only fights for himself, but I can't blame him for this. His life has been to this point a fight of survival or death. I do not pity him though this life has made him strong though lonely it seems. In many ways he is and elder to me wiser in most matters.  However, in perhaps the most difficult challenges that an individual has to conquer, those of trust, friendship, and loyalty, he knows little of.  I will have to teach him these things and show him that having a friend can be a strength and not always a weakness.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2004, 12:02:51 PM »
Aldan reassured by her words laid back down on the earth staring morosly into the fire.  "You don't know the power of the Dragon."  His voice muttered more to himself than anyone else.

What could he do?  There was nothing he could think of-  

Of course, the Moon Stone, he could enter his own memories in his sleep and find who his sister was, if he knew he could protect her.  But would faith give him the Moon Stone?  Would she risk putting it on my hands, one who walks the baorder of light and shadow so closely.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2004, 11:06:40 PM »
Skee calmed down and laied back down looking at the sky as he closed his eyes tightly. The earth be d**ned for its complexity then he thought of another thing his father had said.
Life is not comfusing, it is only complex if you make it so, rather life is so simple people go insane by the simplicity.
This calmed him more and he relaxed his tense muscles

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2004, 08:51:08 AM »
Camp broke early that morning Strath had gone out to hunt as the others gathered and packed the supplies. Luna busied herself with making some tea for Atal. It had now passed three days since she last dreamt of Davynn; this worried her. What had his final words meant. she pondered.  Strath having found three squirrels, some kind of eggs, and a few rabbits handed one to the young Paladin to clean. Luna offered to go get some water for them to clean them with and fill the water skins also.  She left her thoughts trailing behind her.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2004, 11:07:41 AM »
Skene awoke early in the morning, opening his eyes to the glaring sun he raised his arm to bloke it out as he sat up yawning. Now, was the time to ask questions. He was well rested and he would have to thank who saved him. He stood up slowly, putting more weight on his good leg then his bad as he looked around.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2004, 12:02:19 PM »
"Feeling better are we?" Faith murmered as she began doling out fried eggs and rabbit. " Here try some of this tea it will help soothe your throat." Faith had noticed had that the man didn't speak.   She didn't know if the man was a foriegner and did understand the language, whether he was mute, or whether he just didn't like to talk much.  She didn't mind. He was getting better at traveling on his own, and the group hand't asked any questions. She figured he would communicate with them when he felt it was needed.

OOC: I am going to PM Joe and see if he is with us or not.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2004, 12:23:20 PM »
OOC:Okay

He walked over and knelt on his good knee before her as he unsheathed his sword and held it out to her. He would sware his allegiance to her for saving his life and he looked up at her in the eyes, he coughed and forces himself to speak.
"I...sware...my allegiance..to you....as.......a Caladin Knight."
He said and bowed his head

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2004, 11:22:49 PM »
Rad watched with cynical amusement a little way off,as he helped himself to large servings of scrambled eggs and roasted rabbit meat.So they had another paladin with them.And this one had actually given them his oath of allegiance.An oath that would have been very usefull,had not the knight in question been rather badly injured.At least,Aldan as crazy as he was,possesed a certain gift that would aid them greatly on their little mission.

Or maybe he was something else altogether.Someone else who knew of the Moon Stone and had decided to seek it out,mayhap? His natural caution sprang to the fore again.Careful,Rad.This one may be a potentiol rival.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2004, 12:02:49 PM »
Faith bowed her head to the Knight, and stood to address the camp. "There in the clearing lies Carington Keep.  There we will have to buy new supplies.  Until this point we have had fortune enough for mildly temperate weather; however, it will get much cooler as we travel to the Northern mountains that hide the temple from the world. We will need heavier cloaks, and some dwarven Tact bread. It is nasty stuff but as long as it is kept dry it will not spoil. Carington Keep is a dangerous place and they do not like visitors especially non- human ones. Therefore Atal and I will take Aldan into the keep. We three will bring back the supplies and head begin our asent into the mountains.The others will stay at the edge of the forest being careful not to draw attention to yourselves. We really do not need to upset these people."  With this she calmly began walking in towards the edge of the forest. "Come on now.  We should return before the moon rises."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2004, 12:51:07 PM »
"Wait in the woods, I should. Too old for long treks in town." Atal said in pre-defeated protest. He had already hefted his leather bag and readied his walking stick. It had been some time since he had last walked the streets of Carrington keep.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2004, 03:06:49 PM »
Skene stood slowly and sheathed his sword breathing in the sweet air as he stopped the women.
"My name is Sir Skene Whitewing, m'lady. And I offer my services to this group in pain or death."
He bowed his head and stared to follow her.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2004, 08:27:48 PM »
Aldan who had already packed up his meager amount of goods followed Faith, "It'd be odd if they saw a Knight of Caladin hanging around with folks like us, and nobody knows me very well.  So rest easy Skene, we'll be back in a bit, it's just a supply run.  What could happen?"

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Moon Stone
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2004, 08:32:08 PM »
Skene looked the Paladin in the eyes as he tilted his head.
"I am a Knight of Caladin, if you know of us then you know I am an able swordsmen."
He bowed his head to the paladin.
"And I see your point but I have made an oath and I will not break it, I have a debt to pay and the only way to pay it is to protect the m'lady."
he said nodding to Faith.
"And everyone else. You have saved my life and I will repay that debt, and proove myself in some way to you."