llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gothic Space Horror  (Read 56770 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #325 on: February 02, 2005, 09:45:03 AM »
"Oh my god!" Micky said when they reached the Medlab, seeing the corpse of Marney standing up right. Looking away as Hue fired the plasma pistol. The light was very bright. The halves of Marney dropped away from each other and hit the ground with a fleshy thump.

Blinking she looked back into the room after hearing the used power pack hit the ground. A glance at it as it melted into the floor. Hearing the hiss of steam as Hue dunked the gun into the sink. A few spots of light danced across her line of sight. She blinked a few more times, finally getting rid of them.

Eyes widened a bit as she looked to the burnt body of the thing that had once been Marney. It was no longer even recognizable as Marney. That contorted face vaporized by the plasma gun. Placing a hand over her mouth, she looked away. Swallowing the bile that tried to come up.

Micky turned her attention to the sink, moving over to it she began to wash her hands and face. Not wanting Raynor's blood to remain on her skin. Grabbing a towel she dried her hands first and patted her face dry.

Moving to check on Santiago while Hue check on Pockets. Santiago was unconcious. She felt for a pulse, it was still there. Turning to look at Hue and Pockets. "We need to get Santiago patched up. Then go find the others." Knowing Santiago would need a blood transfusion. Moving to the storage unit, she opened it. Removing one of the packs, frowning slighty. "These are no good." Lightly taping the container against the sink. The blood inside was still frozen rock hard.

She placed the frozen blood back into the storage unit. Turning to look at them. "One of us will have to be the donor." She sighed. "And I'm O positive."
If found, please return to Sender.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #326 on: February 02, 2005, 12:58:05 PM »
Pockets stared in horrified fascination at what was left of Marney.  "Wow."  She turned at Micky's entrance.  "It looks like you were having some fun too."  
She sat down, back against the wall, after assuring Hue that she was fine.  Just a little tired.
She heard what Micky said about a transfusion.  "Well, I'm AB negative."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #327 on: February 02, 2005, 06:44:06 PM »
"I'm O negative.. blood transfusion a trickey business,  we have to check his blood type first.  We have to sterilize all the equipement also we don't know what made the corpse reanimate.  If... it's a virus we could all get infected."

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #328 on: February 03, 2005, 09:07:56 AM »
Micky stood there a moment thinking. She didnt know much, if anything, about medicine. Then an idea hit her.  "It would be in his file. Marney would have brought them over from the Ballard." Which was true. When leaving a vessel, important documents were taken with. Including their medical files.

She knew a blood transfusion could be dangerous. Not knowing what caused the bodies to reanimate. If it was something in the air, then they were already infected. A glance given to Santiago. She then looked back to Hue. "We will just have to take that risk." Knowing that they couldnt just stand there and do nothing. They needed to get Santiago back on his feet as soon as possible. With him down like he was, Santiago was a risk.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #329 on: February 03, 2005, 06:11:38 PM »
Mickey said something about looking up Santiago's files, "She didn't have time to do anything with them I was with her most of the time. We spent the time going over the ship and checking out Raynor."

Hue spotted his pack on the floor and slapped himself on the forehead, "Of course. During the Diamunde War on Mars we couldn't do blood transfusion obvuisly so we used Blood Paks. Their sterilized plasma that will work with any type."  

Hue walked over to the pack and brought out a sealed bag, it as along as his forearm and about as wide but looked like a large white with dark red filling blister.  He peeled back a plastic strip on one side and applied it to Santiago's arm.

"There that should work for now, I wanted to give him some stimulants but I don't know if he's allergic or not."

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #330 on: February 03, 2005, 09:14:42 PM »
The cuban rested on the table, his color slightly improved as the blood pak brought his blood chemitry back to something close to acceptible. He however remained waxen in complexion, and a sheen of sweat began to bead on his forehead.

A number of solvents were able to deal with the mess of the former crewmate turned shambling horror, and leaving behind naught but a fresh lemon scent.

Taget slumped against one of the bulkheads, his hands trembling, and sweat stinging his eyes. He hadnt felt so horrible since during his tour on Mars when the renegades popped some bioweapons, and the filters and rebreathers on the semi-ballistics hadnt been able to compensate.

He closed his eyes and hoped that the agony would lessen, and maybe Jimmy would stop whispering to him. He doubled over and threw up again, this time it was tinged with blood. It was disturbing that the blood was nearly black.

"Dammit Jimmy..."

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #331 on: February 03, 2005, 09:45:20 PM »
Micky watched Santiago. Still concerned. Noting the beads of sweat forming on his forehead. She felt his skin, checking for a change in temperature. He shouldnt have been so waxy in complexion. In the back of her mind, a voice kept saying it was too late for him.

She then turned her attention to Hue and Pockets. Remain silent for the time being. This mission had felt wrong wrong the word go. The solvent in the air made her sinuses itch a bit. But at least the body had been disposed of.

Moving away from Santiago, she returned to the sink. Turning on the water, making it hot. She scrubbed her hands again, wetting a towel and scrubbing her head with it. Even dabbing at her clothes with the towel. The soiled towel was then dropped into the trash. Feeling a bit better, but not entirely.

Coming down off of the rush of adrenaline and fear, she felt a bit ill. Hopping up to sit on the counter by the sink. Leaned over slightly. Her hands resting on the edge of the counter on either side of her legs. Her head tilted down at a slight angle. She was looking at the floor. Micky's mind was trying to deal with everything that had happened.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #332 on: February 06, 2005, 03:12:02 PM »
Hue stood panting slightly, the warm pistol jamed in his side holster, he ran his hand under cool water after Micky had finished washing.  The coolness felt good on his flash burned hand, several welts were forming on the back of his fingers along the digits.  He could shoot as well as with his right and left so it didn't really matter but it was a pain.  

He wrapped it carefuly in a burn bandage, mild anistesias played across his hand cooling the firery pain.  "We should head back to the cargo bay door."

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #333 on: February 08, 2005, 10:09:49 PM »
Micky spoke, though it was uncertain to wether she was speaking to them or to herself. "We cant leave him here alone." No doubt refering to Santiago.

Her attention shifted to her hands, she lifted them up, looking to them. Studying them. The blood had been washed away. The hideous congealed blood that had been on her skin. It was gone now. But it bothered her still. The memory of what she had done. How she had lost it. Beating Raynor's corpse into a faceless dead mass. The fury she had felt. The fury and the loss of control. Her arms ached.

She then let her hands drop down into her lap. Her attention shifted to the floor of the MedLab. Then barely an audible whisper. "I dont want to die here."
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2005, 09:51:26 AM »
After that brief admission of fear, Micky worked on hardening herself. She couldnt be weak. Fear profited a man nothing. Hardening her nerves in to steel the best that she could. A hand reached up and brushed away the few silvery small tears that clung to those black lashes.

As her demeanor changed she slid off of the counter. Her boots emitting a dull thud on the MedLab floor. Micky stood up straight and looked to Pockets and Hue. Micky had finally managed to grab that small thread of her sanity and fought to gain a hold on it. She had won, for now at least.

"Pockets, stay here with Santiago. After we leave, Close and lock the door behind us. Should Santiago's condition worsen...or should he....." Not wanting to say Die or zombify. "Then you will have to end it."

Her attention shifted to Hue. "Ao and Severin are still in the Cargo Bay. We should bring them here for now. And then go find the Captain."  If they could get most of them in at least one safe place then the stress would be more managable. Or at least she hoped it would be.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2005, 08:54:14 PM »
Micky moved towards the door. Her attention moved to Hue as she paused a moment.  "Are you coming with me, or do I have to do this alone?"  If he did not wish to go with her, she would not blame him. After all these recent horrors, she wouldnt blame anyone for not wanting to go on.

Especially not wanting to go with her,due to  the recent scene between her and Raynor. Most likely Ao and Severin would probably run from her. She had no way to convince them that she was alright.

But Micky was fooling herself. She knew that a breakdown like that could happen again. it could happen to anyone of them. Such stress.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #336 on: February 17, 2005, 10:03:16 PM »
"Just had to wrap my hand up, alright let's go." Once they were out in the hall, "I just want you to know Micky that I have alot of respect for you, not many people could keep it together with this kinda of s**t going on."  Hue paced her step down the hall.  His nerves were a little freyed, it had to been what twenty hours since the last time he slept.  

He gazed down the empty hall, it was quiet. If he made back to Earth after this he'd never fly again.

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #337 on: February 19, 2005, 11:10:43 AM »
She looked to him. "Thank you Hue. But do not be fooled." Micky did not want to worry him, but what she had to say was true. "At this moment, composure is nothing more than an illusion." She was terrified. Though she seemed rather calm and rational at the moment.

It had been so long since any of them had slept. Fatigue would set in eventually, once the adrenaline began to settle. But when would that be? "Do you best to calm Ao and Severin, we must get them back to the MedLab. Though I doubt they will trust me."

Moving into the cargo bay. Eyes shifted quickly through out the room. Watching for movement. Making her way back over to the door. Bending over she retrieved the gore covered wrench. Testing her arms a moment. d**n, she should have brought a firearm with her. She would be able to manage with the wrench for now. Should they come across more of those things.

The wrench hung by her side. Muscles tensed and ready for fast movement should it become necessary to do so.

"AO? Severin?" She called to them. "We have to move to the MedLab."
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #338 on: February 21, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »
Hue muscles bunched as Micky called out the names of Ao and Severin he looked around carefully his pistol in his left hand.  He kept hearing odd noises...

"I don't know Micky... maybe we should try the bridge."

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #339 on: February 21, 2005, 10:46:37 AM »
Micky nodded in agreement. If Ao and Severin were in here, then they would know to go to the MedLab.  Her attention then shifted to look at Hue, seeing his expression. Her tone dropping just to where he could hear her. Moving alittle closer to him.

"What's wrong? What do you hear?" Turning to glance at the cargo bay. This whole ship felt wrong. The silence was menacing. Like they say, In space..no one can hear you scream. Tension in the air was so thick would could cut it with a knife.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #340 on: February 21, 2005, 03:36:24 PM »
Micky and Hue began to notice a new smell, faint and cloying, like a remembered dream. It was slightly sweet, but also had a earthy foulness to it. Perhaps the scent of a person too long unwashed.

Then came the faint scrape and shuffle of slow moving feet...

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #341 on: February 21, 2005, 04:17:18 PM »
Micky raised the wrench up more level. Holding it with both hands now. Catching that new scent. It sent shiveres through her. Anyone who had been around the dead before knew that smell. It was something one could never forget. The smell of death it's self.

Eyes darted back and forth. Ever watchful. something was coming for them. But where was AO and Severin? Turning her head some as she heard the sound of shuffling feet. Those watchful eyes widened. Deep in her soul there was no doubt as to the source of that sound. It was more like Raynor.

Whispering softly, to both Hue and herself. "Please God, give me the strength to overcome my enemies."

She could hear the heavy beating of her heart in her ears. Thump! Thump! thumpthump!! Like a wild tribal drums. A cold sweat broke out upon her brow. Flexing her grip on the wrench.

Her tone still low. "Yay, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou are with me" A pause and glance to Hue. "And I carry a big stick." No doubt referring to the wrench in her hands. In the back of her mind the voice stirred again. Run! It said. Run now! Before it's too late. Hurry! The d**ned are coming..they are coming for you. And ... They are hungry.

Those small prickles of goosebumps rose up from her arms and down her back. Moving closer to Hue, maintaining slow calm breaths despite the fear she felt inside. For all they knew, it was Ao and Severin coming their direction. But if it was them.....were they those things now? Or were they hiding elsewhere?

Fear of the unknown. Man's greatest flaw and their ultimate downfall. Speaking to Hue. "I say we head to the bridge...and fast."  Keeping her voice down to where he could hear her.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #342 on: February 21, 2005, 06:18:06 PM »
Hue nodded with her, he motioned for her to come with him, "I think that's a good idea."  

He lead the way plasma pistol held out front him like a light...

Just let us get out alive..

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #343 on: February 21, 2005, 10:04:46 PM »
Micky moved quickly beside him. Eyes ever watchful.  The wrench was kept ready incase she needed it at a moments notice. Moving with him towards the bridge. She could feel her heart beating hard in her chest. Trying to calm herself. In situtaitons like this it was easy for your nerves to get the best of you.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #344 on: February 21, 2005, 11:49:25 PM »
Severin flexed his muscles, as if to reassure himself that he still had his strength and that he was able to defend himself against whatever was causing all this.

He had shut the zombie of James Raynor inside the ship's cargo hold and locked the door with a new access code. Now he was sitting in the cockpit, monitoring the shuttle bay through the navigation computer's three display screens. Heavy synth metal was booming through the ship's loudspeakers as Severin was enjoying some of the former pilot's immense collection of music.

"Have you heard this one before, Ao? It is Space Kitten Soundscape's newest single, 'Death Gore Blood Dust'" Severin was shouting to be heard above the music.

He had convinced Ao to come aboard the tug and repair craft and now Ao was sitting comfortably in the second pilot's chair, listening to the music and monitoring the surveillance cameras.

When Micky and Hue entered the Cargo bay, Severin shut off the music, even though no one could hear anything outside the craft. When they had left he turned to Ao. "What do we do now, Ao? I can't think of any safer place than within one of these crafts, except maybe inside a fighter craft, but Taget is in there...", Severin shrugged apologetically and lifted his palms to further emphasize that he really had no clue about what they should do next.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #345 on: February 22, 2005, 07:21:04 PM »
After a long period of silence, Ao started as blaring dust-metal roared out of the speakers; ah, yes, Space Kitten Soundscape. He could barely here his own thoughts. That was well enough- he was afraid that if he allowed himself to think too much about... Whatever that was... he would drive himself insane.

"Yes," Ao shouted hoarsely, "safe. We're safe in here."
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #346 on: February 23, 2005, 04:33:32 AM »
Severin nodded enthusiastically, "That is great! Now let us see..." he had to shout to be heard. And while the playlist switched from 'Space Kitten Soundscape' to 'Ultra Earploding Nightmare' Severin engaged the refrigerating elements of the cargo hold. Now the bashed remnants of Raynor would have to cope with frozen limbs if it was to reanimate.

Severin turned down the volume and turned to Ao. "Hey, let us contact the bridge! While we are here we should report to the captain. It is protocol, even if he is a drunk".

Severin turned on the comlink and activated the holoprojector. If anyone was at the bridge, they would receive his, and Ao's, transmitted image and speech.

"Captain, this is crewmember Severin Talbot reporting from the tug and carrier craft 'Celeste TC-5'. Do you read me, over? I repeat: This is Severin Talbot and Ao... eh... do you read me over?"

Severin listened for a few seconds to the radio static and then added "We have reached the relative safety of the cargo bay. Taget has proven to be a murderer and well, the dead walk again captain. James Raynor has resurrected and fallen again, and now his twice dead body is frozen within the cargo hold of the 'Celeste TC-5', over".
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #347 on: February 25, 2005, 03:48:30 PM »
"Severin?" The captain answered, he sounded ill. He could almost imageint eh sheen of sweat on a delerious man's face. There was a long pause where the two men in the shuttle could hear the captain take a long rattling breath, followed by a bout of coughing.

"d**nation. I hate it when I get a Cabin cold. All the science in the solar system and we still cant kill the d**n cold virus..." he broke off into another fit of coughing.

"What is going on, where is everyone?" he asked.

Two poeple approached, their faces ruined by being frozen, and thawed again, before Hue and Micky could act, more came, six...seven...nine. A screen blinked on that the crew doors to the foreward holds, previous open to hard vaccuum had been cycled and opened...

The lead corpse, a blonde woman with insignia of rank marking her as an officer of some sort moaned, her lips split down to the gum line, congealed blood staining her teeth a bloody brown color.

Mhheee-keeey...

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #348 on: March 02, 2005, 08:37:54 AM »
An unsurpressed shudder went through her. Gripping the wrench with both hands, readying to swing at the first thing that got too close to her that wasnt Hue.  Eyes wide, focusing on keeping a good distance between them and those dead things.

"Hue?" She didnt know what to do just yet. Her mind racing. How did that thing know her name? Micky wanted to curl up in the fetal position out of fear. But adrenaline kept her there on her feet. Stay focused girl. Dont take your eyes off of them. Moving closer to hue. Wrench held ready. Her pulse racing again.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #349 on: March 02, 2005, 06:06:24 PM »
Five.. six... seven.. eight.. ten... Hue muttered an oath under his breath, "There are too many run for it! Head towards the armory." Hue looked at the pistol in his hand wishing it were a Mark 2 Pulse Rifle nothing to be done with wishes though.  He sent two streams of burning plasma at the corps in the lead.  The energy flames touched the corose's face vaporizing it and setting the body fat on fire, turning into a pillar of fire.  With any luck it would set a couple of it's buddies on fire.

Hue looked at the mass lightened by the flames it seemed to be unending even a Plasma Projector Rifle wouldn't cut them all down.  "Axe that we need to find an alternate route to the shuttlebay, it's time to get off this ship."