llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gothic Space Horror  (Read 51995 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #250 on: November 19, 2004, 08:02:15 PM »
"I don't have anyone medical records from the Ballard, we're going to have to go around the crew one by one. Here I'll test myself first.  See that reading that's the DNA we picked up." Hue slid his hand under the scanners eye, "Now next to that one is me, see no match.  I am not the killer. Now you."

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2004, 08:24:05 AM »
Micky placed her hand under the bio scanner. Relieved that he wasnt a match for the sample he had found. She knew it would also be negative. Honestly Micky didnt have the stomach to do what had been done to Marney. "Lets check the Captain next."
If found, please return to Sender.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #252 on: November 21, 2004, 09:30:41 AM »
Severin casually glanced around the room while he was waiting for Ao. The Lunar was taking too long and Severin was getting impatient. All of a sudden he noticed the bloody handprint on the wall and realized that he had forgotten to scan the blood for DNA.

"Blast!" he shouted and feverishly retrieved the pen with the sample out of the upper utility pocket of his suit. The sample had been ruined, even mixed with the disgorged contents of his stomach. Severin sheepishly threw it away, hoping Ao wouldn't notice.

"I have to get a bio scanner Ao!" he said to the Lunar, before jogging away.

The medlab was deserted and there was a dark and foreboding atmosphere in the room. This was where Marney had met her fate at the hands of a bloody butcherer. A shiver went down Severin's spine and the shadows seemed to reach out for him.

"Well if he comes  for me I'll get him good!" Severin boasted to the empty room. He threw a few punching routines and gave the empty room a threatening stare. Then the moment passed and the shadows once again seemed to hold dark mysteries. Severin felt so very small and alone.

"A bio scanner! Biiiooooo Scaaaanneeeer!" Severin talked to himself in an attempt to feel better. He passed the blood stained metallic benches and surgical equipment, where he noticed a laser scalpel and put it in his lower utility pocket. It was certainly not a weapon, but given enough time it would cut through even the strongest alloy. It had a small transceiver that he adjusted to the frequency of his helmet. Now he could adjust length, strength and even the colour of the laser beam from the HUD*. At last he fetched a bio scanner, which he attached to his belt, before he ran back to the relative safety and comfort that the Lunar Ao presented.

*(Heads Up Display)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #253 on: November 21, 2004, 11:25:42 AM »
"Yeah," Amas jogged behind Mickey as they went to the bridge he kept his gun out and a careful eye behind.  Once he made the  stop because he thought he haerd something but decided it was nothing, they arrived at the door to the bridge. "Ok I'll go in infirst, just in case.  He leaned away from the front of the door and reached out to open it.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2004, 08:53:11 PM »
Ao flinched as the locker-metal burst, melted hyper-fast by bolts from the gun.
One locker- nothing telling
Two lockers- nothing telling
Four lockers- nothing telling

After a frustrating twelve lockers, Ao gave up, and consoled himself with drinking the slushy remnants of some sort of sweet drink that were in a canteen he found.
As he swished the mixture around in his mouth, he considered the possibility that the liquid/ice he was drinking was poisoned. However, faced with dying by death-liquid or dying by knife, Ao would have chosen the former, assuming it was less painful.

"Severin? You there?" said Ao to the empty room. He took another swallow of the mysterious drink. It was starting to leave a sickly aftertaste. He set it down.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2004, 06:14:45 AM »
Severin entered the locker room just as Ao stopped drinking. "Hi Ao" he said in as cheerful a tone as he could muster. He looked in all the opened lockers and found nothing of value, beside the nude posters that had been halfway melted into the superheated metal. Severin nodded approvingly and commented on the good taste of the crewmembers before he walked over to the bloody handprint.

He drew the bio scanner and proceeded to scan the handprint. His education had included half a semester of medical training so he was familiar with the design. Thus he expertly plotted the commands into the bioscanner and watched as the DNA profile was processed and a holographic image was projected. Soon the blood's owner would be revealed along with any discrepancies found, like traces of foreign DNA. While they waited for the calculations to finish, a process taking about 1-2 minutes, he chatted with Ao.

"Oooh, Ao! I am so concerned!" he claimed, his voice filled with emotion. "I have experienced this before! Have you heard about the Moscow-Prague shuttle bombing? My father was the pilot of that ferry..." Severin choked and tears were welling up in his eyes.

"Now this. My mother couldn't take it and joined reverend Joshua Kane and his apocalyptic brootherhood of Christ Reborn in New Berlin." Severin was unaware that tears were running down his cheek. "Last I heard both mother and my oldest sister were in his harem, a group of some forty women called the 'Concubines of Christ'. Evidently they believe that the reverend is going to father the new Messiah through one of these women, and it is the reverends unpleasant duty to sire sons until Christ is reborn" Severin laughed with obvious disdain. "I only get holomails every other month now, and the holomails just contain the reverend and his promises of salvation. No news about my mother and two original sisters." Severin's head hung low and he was blushing, ashamed of his family history. Ashamed that he had told the story to a stranger that he barely knew.

"Look" he said, pointing at the holographic projection of the owner of the blood DNA.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2004, 10:37:46 PM »
DNA scan complete

Compiling date and reconstructing DNA strand

Searching for match in database
No matches found in Ship Database

Trace anomalies detected
Asymetrical Topoisomerase proteins
Adenosine tri-phosphate levels elevated 15% above normal
Synth-Insulin detected

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2004, 11:46:07 AM »
Ao shifted uncomfortably as Severin related his dark family history. He couldn't boast anything quite so interesting, besides being kicked out of the house by his gay-hating father.

"No matches? Who's blood is it?" he wondered aloud, looking at the scanner screen. "Synth-insulin.. High ATP levels... Severin, I've got an idea! Let's test the others for synth-insulin and high ATP levels! If anyone has them, we know that they left this print!"
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2004, 12:18:13 PM »
Hue ducked into the bridge with Mickey. He looked around the consels were all a glow with activity. But the Captaion did not seem to be around, Hue checked around but found no sign of anyone.  

"Captain?" He called, "Mickey didn't he say he would be here, where the hell is he off to now.  This is starting to look suspicious but why would the man start killing his own crew?"

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2004, 07:30:28 AM »
"I dont like this at all Hue." She looked around. "Captain?" Glancing back to Hue. "He said he would be here."

"Let's go find Ao and Severin." Thinking that maybe they should leave the bridge. The idea that the Captain had killed Marney was not settling well with her.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2004, 01:47:09 PM »
"Well, what have you found?" The captain said, having slouched down deep into the plush console of the captains chair. He looked more wasted and haggard than before. The holoprojectors showed views of the Ballard, another showed ambient radiation levels.

"I could stand for some good news, the fission core is in the process of melting down now, since it jammed in the ejection channel, it was cut off from the coolant system. The internal sensors already detect that there has been thermal damage to the ejection channel. In something like ten hours, the fission core is going to melt a hole into the ship, dumping it somewhere in the vicinity of the starboard ion drives, and fuel tankage."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #261 on: November 27, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »
"We have a way to find the murderer, we have his DNA in this scanner.  Me and Marney are not the murderer we came here to check you, then the rest of the crew." Hue stood there fixed in a way one hand free in case the Captain went for the gun, Hue was sure it was him.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #262 on: November 27, 2004, 06:22:44 PM »
Severin nodded in agreement. "It might just be Marney's blood and she might just be a diabetic" he said. "Well, let us go fetch Santiago, Taget and the mechanics, ehhh? I can't wait to meet the captain again."

Severin followed Ao out of the room.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »
"You can scan me, but you'll never reach that gun partner." Stern said, noticing the way the Hue's hand hovered near the butt of the gun. Unarmed, the captain extended his palm for the DNA scanner.

'Aloo?" Santiago said, slowly walking up the corridor of the ship, his breath still steaming out in front of him. Near the core of the ship, it was comfortable and warm now, but out near the hull, it was still cold, d**nably so for someone born on an island, in the Caribbean. He was alone, heading towards the main hanger of the ship, where the various shuttles were located.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #264 on: November 28, 2004, 03:20:47 PM »
"Alright," Luke held the scanner up to the Captain, and it the DNA profiles...

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #265 on: November 29, 2004, 08:32:18 AM »
Micky watched as the Captain stuck out his hand, waiting to be scanned. Noting Hue's slip. She knew he mean to say 'Micky' not 'Marney'. But such slips were to be expected under such stressful situations.

Silently she wondered what the Cpatain had meant about Hue not reaching his gun. The Captain seemed to be unarmed.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #266 on: December 07, 2004, 07:12:32 PM »
(OOC: Is the game still going?)

Pockets was scurrying around engineering, trying to figure out why she felt so creeped out.  She'd been on dead ships before, on salvage runs.  Dead ships always freaked her out, but none as badly as the Celeste was.  Ever since they had gotten everything onboard the Celeste, she had been in engineering, running every diagnostic she could think of, and trying to figure a way of fixing the Bally.  It was probably too late now; if it was still jammed, it was melting down.  But it pissed her off.  
Finally, she admitted to herself that she couldn't do anything else here, and decided to go help the others.  For reasons she couldn't adequately explain to herself, she grabbed a big magnet-torque spanner fully half as long as she was tall.  It would serve as a weapon if necessary.  She left engineering and headed towards the bridge and medbay.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #267 on: December 08, 2004, 01:44:41 PM »
Micky waited to see what the bioscan would say. Was it the Captain or someone else on board? And where was the body of the guy they had found on board?  Too many questions and no real answer.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #268 on: December 08, 2004, 04:09:48 PM »
(OOC: Yup, we're still going, just at a slightly reduced pace)

The bioscanner disappointed the medic and the pilot. The tissue sample was not a match to the captain, not even close. Stern looked at them, a tightness in the corners of his eyes, and the sides of his mouth.

"Let me guess, you found a sample in the medlab, and you think I killed Marney. Well, I didnt, and I would guess you either found a flake of the corpsicle. As for the rest of the crew, is there any other location on the ship that we have been in more than the MedLab, perhaps the bridge maybe." He scowled at the two.

"Where is the rest of the crew? Where are my d**ned engineers, and my shuttle pilots?" he said fiercely.

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2004, 09:24:20 AM »
Micky stared at the Captain. Letting him snarl if he wanted to. She was just relieved that he didnt match the sample.
"Wait just a minute Captain. With what has been going on, everyone, and I mean everyone is a suspect. The three of us have been ruled out as the one who killed her. Better safe then sorry sir. Hue and I were checked as well. There is no way in hell that there was a living person on this ship before we boarded her."
Pausing a moment.
"And for the record I seriously doubt that the frozen corpse is some sort of self re-animating space zombie who likes to play with knives. So that leaves our crew. One of us had to have killed her."
Scowling back at him at his last statement. "Maybe if you got over your little pity party and left the bridge or used your personal com you might know where the hell your crew is. We were following your orders to search this ship for 'survivors'. We've been doing what you told us to do. Sir. And now we are having to hunt for a killer." Glaring at the man.
She then looked to Hue. "Let's go find AO and Severin. Check them as well.Then we can go and check on Pockets and Pliers." Most likely those two were doing their jobs with no clue that a murderer was on board.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2004, 12:14:16 PM »
Pockets hurried down the passage towards the bridge.  Sounded like there were people in there.  She stuck her head in.  It looked like Hue and Mickey were about to leave.  "Hihi.  I've done everything I can do in engineering twice.  I couldn't find anything wrong with her."  She did not add that she had done three extremely thorough checks; the problem with the core on the Bally was still upsetting her.  She still felt like she should have caught it.  Then she noticed the tension in the room.  "What's been going on?"
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2004, 04:44:46 PM »
Pliers, who was in a different section of the engineering bay doing his own routine checks, had heard Pockets leave, and glanced out into the room she had been in, which was now empty. He offered a faint shrug to himself before exiting too - his own work finding nothing wrong with what he could see. He entered the bridge some three minutes after Pockets, and peered at the people in there - they did not seem their usual selves.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #272 on: December 09, 2004, 11:19:56 PM »
Hue remained silent for almost a minute staring unelieving at the bio-scanner, then he gave a frustrated snarl and shoved it in his pocket. "Your @!#$ing lucky it isn't you because you sure have a way of alienating everyone from you."

Officers that didn't look out for their troops often had their orders carried out but without a certain regard for the officer's life.  "Micky's right get off your ass and help us find the killer, sometime, we've been doing all the work out there while you've been doing God knows what up here."

He felt Micky's hand on his shoulder, wanting him to leave with her, "One sec.  Pockets Marney is dead, some one stabbed her.."  His voice trailed off a look of unbridled rage flashed in his eyes, "We're trying to find the son of a &^%$@ that did it. Come over here and place your hand in the scanner no one is above suspicion. You too Pliers."

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #273 on: December 13, 2004, 08:26:01 AM »
Micky look to Pliers and Pockets. Relieved that they were still alive. She avoided looking at the Captain. Knowing that at the moment all she would be able to do is glare at the man.
Removing her hand from Hue's shoulder. So much had happened in a short amount of time. The Bally had to be abandoned, the corpe-sicle was missing,and Marney's brutal death.
She lifted her head as it an idea came to her. "Hue, was Marney still working on the autopsy when you left the MedLab?"
If she had been there was a chance that the recorder had been on when Marney was attacked. At every autopsy the one preforming it kept an audio log of their findings as they worked. Some even used visual recorders as well. Most ship MedLabs were equipped with them.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Gothic Space Horror
« Reply #274 on: December 13, 2004, 11:55:20 AM »
Severin arrived at the bridge at long last, stealthily sneaking through the doorway. He and Ao had been delayed because they heard a noise and had hidden beneath a table, but the strange noise had faded and that had been just fine with them.

When they arrived at engineering they heard footsteps leaving and had stalked the source. When the person had entered the bridge, they had followed and now they were all gathered, well nearly all.

"Looks like we are together again, all except Taget and Santiago!" Severin suddenly exclaimed, startling some among the gathered crowd.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!