llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 1126 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline argash

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Howdy
« on: August 22, 2004, 11:56:33 PM »
Hello, just introducing myself. My name is Erik I'm from Austin and I'm just getting back into gaming not having played since high school. Picked up my set of D&D core books the other day and flipping through them now as my friends have asked me to DM (whole group hasnt played since mid 90's I think the last game we played was a Dark Sun campaign ages ago). So I've basically been googleing my way around to find everything I can to help me out and stumbled across this site and it looked like a really great resource. So hopefully I will get the right tools here to get me started then eventually start adding my own ideas to the frey!
Erik "Argash" Ellison
argash@msn.com

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
Howdy
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 05:12:12 AM »
Greetings Erik/Argash,(which name would you prefer?)

You have found the right page when it comes to resources, this is the place that meets your face. Where is Austin by the way?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline argash

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Howdy
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 08:41:00 AM »
Austin is the capital of Texas we are pretty much in between Dallas (3 hours north), Houston (3 hours east) and San Antonio (2 hours South).

As for my name Either is fine. Interesting story for you though I came up with the name argash for a character in a drangonlance campaign in the 80's but the campaign didnt last more then a few adventures. I liked the name though for some odd reason so when I first started going onto BBS systems I used argash as my username. later I just kept using the name for everything online.

Now heres the funy part. I started Playing Ever Quest litterally like 2 days after it went live. My first character: Argash. Played him for a little while then found out all my friends where on another server. So I switched to play with them wich was great because I found i didnt like the class I had picked first and it let me start over. So of course I named this character Argash as well.

Well then a few years later the Velious expansion came out and there was an NPC in one of the major towns named "Argash." Now anyone who's played Ever Quest can tell you it is a MAJOR (well at the time anyway) no no to name you character after an NPC (at the time their coding sucked and couldnt tell the difference if your name was the same as an npc.

So of course a power crazy ( or just plain crazy) EQGM sees me one day makes the connection and starts threatening to ban me yada yada yada. Never mind the fact that I was like level 40 or so and the d**n expansion had just come out (couldnt power level THAT fast yet).

So long story short it took awhile to get EQ to lay off me but it was fun So call me what you will Argash or Erik I will answer to both. And for those curious no i no longer play EQ. No I will not go back to it, no I dont care how cool the latest expansion is! :) I quit the crack edition earlier this year and I have no desire to go back

/me scrolls up.... dang that was long winded sorry for the length there
Erik "Argash" Ellison
argash@msn.com

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
Howdy
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 01:14:27 PM »
I can place Texas on the map, and I had heard of Houston and Dallas, but
San Antonio is unfamiliar.
Well, you say either name is fine, but I must say that that after reading the argash story I am more connected to the argash name.
Since you have wrote this fabelous name story I will write my wery own name story conserning my name here in the citadel.

Once upon a time(not too long ago) there was this fellow named Michael
something that joined up in the citadel. He had a funny name indeed.
Well it did not really sound fantasy either. It took Michael less than a few seconds to figure out that he had done something wrong. His real name was there, last name too. This would not have bothered Michael if not for the fact that not a single soul on this site used their real name, not even the maker. Well anyway, he asked Strolen if something could be done and Strolen did something. Michael had his last names switched out with something extremely dumb and pointless, he added the title Jotne slayer.

Oh well, there it is.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Howdy
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 04:46:02 PM »
My name comes from a Playstation game called Legend of Mana, which I happen to like very much. In said game, there are a group of pirate penguins, who's name I took a fancy to, and so I have been using this name since the 90s.

Not very interesting...
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Pirate Penguin

• Da Penguin Commissar
  • Guardian
    • Awards
Howdy
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 06:20:35 PM »
i took my Name from a rune, found in a... well okay i just kinda copyed off the Cap.
You may know me from... nevermind just go away

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Howdy
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 09:37:08 AM »
Or the game itself no?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Howdy
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 12:55:02 PM »
As a former Houstonian, I know exactly where Austin is. It is good to meet a fellow Texan here in the Forum. I was begining to think it was dominated by the Brits, Norwegians, and penguins from Idaho.

Belated Welcome aboard

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Howdy
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 01:04:50 PM »
Born and raised Texan. From Odessa. Moved to Houston and even lived in Dallas for 5 1/2 months. Welcome to Strolen, put your feet up, massage your brain and have some fun.

I've been through Austin, nice place. But I'm still glad that I now live in Louisiana.

Hope you enjoy it here.
If found, please return to Sender.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte