llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [The Fall of the House of Aalbaich] OOC, Rules and Questions  (Read 2990 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
[The Fall of the House of Aalbaich] OOC, Rules and Questions
« on: August 22, 2004, 05:32:35 AM »
A few setting notes:

Magic - The art os magic is restricted to the adepts of the Imperial Wizardry. Unless you are a member of the Imperial Wizardry, PC magic is restricted to the casting of cantrips, or Low Sorcery. I apologize that the Low Sorcery Thread is still incomplete.

Technology - Moderate, but no gunpowder, or complex machinery. The low arts of alchemy, and enchantment have supplanted many of the roles of technology. Arms are armor are advanced, plate mail and such.

Clerics - There are a variety of gods, If you wish to play a cleric, let me know and we will hammer something out.

Race - Humans are prefered, but half breeds such as half-elves, half-dwarves, and half-orcs are welcome.

Starting Character Information:
Each character begins in the city of Lynnwall, a sizeable community located on the upper Sperion River, at the feet of the Leager of Tresserhorn. The Leager is a chain of mountains that seperates the insular Kingdom of Tresserhorn, ruled by the 'Keeper' from the Throne of Bone, from the Midlands, ruled by Queen Phoenix and the Queen's Guard. Lynnwall guards one of the few passes through the Leager, though no serious effort has been made to invade from either nation.

Lynnwall is a 'modern' city with stone architecture, tiled roofs, and the features and ammenaties of an Italian City state such as Genoa or Milan. There are a number of royal lines in the city, but the dominant one is the Lynn family, for whom the original fortress was named, and later the city. Duke Ty D'Lynn is a close companion of the Queen, and is much in her favor. The Aalbaichs are a scion family of Tresserhorn, stewards of the Keeper.

It is closing in on winter, and the pass will be closing up in the forseable future. Until then, the city bustles with what trade comes through the pass, and what is drawn in from the countryside to be sent down the river.

The Half-Elven city of Lindon lies to the north, the gateway to the guarded realm of Ossiriland. To the south is the great imposing bulk of Deepwood, a place of banditry and petty criminals as well as general evil and nastiness. West is the river to several smaller cites and the capital of Fenost.

I expect the rules of good roleplaying to be respected

1. I have the final authority in all matters.
2. If there is a city or anything else that you want to mention, dont make up a name and post it without consulting me first.
3.NO Power-gaming, god-moding, playing a sorceror character, and/or controlling/killing off/otherwise affecting mine or others' NPCs without permission
4.Dont introduce your own plot points to the story without my permission

I dont think that enforcing these rules will be necessary. I want to have fun with this, and I want everyone else to have fun as well. I borrowed a few of the rules (3 out of 4) from Michael Jotne Slayer, I hope he doesnt mind.

I also borrowed a few names from other sources.

Who wants to play?

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 04:07:24 PM »
I do not mind at all.
May I join?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 04:41:55 PM »
Where is the game located?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 06:59:47 PM »
Ooh, me! Me! Me!
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 07:50:31 PM »
I'm im :) I'll still have to touch up on my Italian Rennaisance, but hey, will be a good excuse for me to learn it :D
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 07:35:05 AM »
Alrighty!

Cap'n Penguin
Michael
ShadowEagle

I would really like to get one more player.
Lays out snares for MoonHunter, using some nice wolfbait

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Like I would fall for a simple non magical trap.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 02:18:54 AM »
Where would you like us to post up characters or do you want us to PM them to you?

Folks, there is an Italian Ren listing in the IGW thread
http://www.strolen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19888#19888

play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play! play!
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 06:04:38 PM »
Now that we have enough gamers, I would like everyone to PM their character concepts and pertinent information. If anyone else is interested in joining up, there is room for one more.

Once I have the character concepts I will issue everyone their marching orders, as it were, and open the thread in the Moderated forum.

I am looking forward to this.

Game On!

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 10:14:59 PM »
Is anyone still interested in playing?

I havent recieved any character info from anyone.  :(

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 10:35:40 PM »
I may pull out of this one: I was going to play one more roleplay than what I currently am in, but now youve started this gothic space horror one, Im more interested in it than I am of this one. If I play too many at once, my posts get pretty bad, because im trying to post in so many :P Sorry ^^ Another slot is open
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2004, 11:12:40 PM »
Thats fine. The GSH game seems to have drawn more attention than this one, and it is already under steam as it were. I might decide to drop this post as well. Might bring it up again at a later date, maybe after GSH has run its course

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 04:50:02 AM »
I submitted my character. However, I guess we are not going anywhere with them.  Pity.  I was looking forward to an Italian inspired swashbuckling sort of game.  Oh well.  

Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh. Oh well. Deep sigh.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2004, 10:13:22 AM »
Ehm, is this what happens to this site when you are gone in one lousy day?
The  Fall of the House Aalbaich is shut down and the horror game is allready two pages ahead? AAArgh!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2004, 10:40:08 AM »
I think temporarily suspended might be a better term than dropped. MoonHunter already sent in his character, and if everyone else would like to do the same, who knows, we might start this one anyway.

:throws caution to the wind:

What the hell right?

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2004, 07:02:06 PM »
NOOOO!
I didn't get any slots in GHS, and know this one's dead?!
WHY, CRUEL FATE, WHYYYYY?!!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2004, 07:03:51 PM »
Ehm, is this what happens to this site when you are gone in one lousy day?
The Fall of the House Aalbaich is shut down and the horror game is allready two pages ahead? AAArgh!

My sentiments exactly!  :?

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2004, 07:58:55 PM »
Here is the deal.

Either you and Moon can play here in the Aalbaich game, or I can reverse engineer the Cuban NPC out of the game and open up one last slot for you Captain.

Eight players in GSH is the absolute maximum.

Are you interested Captain?