llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello from the Great Big North...  (Read 2790 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline SleeperCell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Hello from the Great Big North...
« on: August 21, 2004, 01:40:43 PM »
I gues I'll do the proper thing and introduce myself.

Im 32 yrs old and I've role-played since I was 16. I've tried numerous systems including D&D, AD&D, most White Wolf stuff (Vampire & Werewolf), Star Wars, Torg, Exhalted, Shadowrun but the system that has kept me coming back for more has been GURPS.
I'm also an avid Fantasy reader and miniature gamer.

Hard to beleive that Im also a police officer working for my service's SWAT unit and not a computer programer like most of my RPG friends. :wink:
" If you guys had listened to me and killed everyone, less people would have gotten hurt.".

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 02:07:04 PM »
Finally, another person who's played Exalted!
How's it goin'?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline SleeperCell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 02:53:01 PM »
I guess Im all right. Im kinda happy I stumbled on this site because, as a DM, I've pretty much run out of ideas/theme for my group. I've done the mysterious tomb, lost city, ancient artifact, prison breakout, ancient civilization, kidnapping, Dark Cult, Mad wizard, Plague...etc but now I have something to give me a hand when it comes to new ideas. I should be good for the next 10 years.

As for Exalted, we've been playing this for about 1 year and I just love it. Im not running the game so it's been nice to concentrate on a single character. I like the system with it's charms and it's not everyday you get to play a "god". The background is also pretty original but can be slightly overwhelming & complex.

As for now, Im in the middle of creating a Fantasy setting for my GURPS group. Nothing earth-shattering but simply a simple, basic setting where I gathered my favorite elements from various sources.
" If you guys had listened to me and killed everyone, less people would have gotten hurt.".

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 07:45:34 PM »
Welcome, I say, Welcome!

hopefully you will find this site as enjoyable as I. I'm sure you will find it far more USEFUL than I, considering the only roleplaying I have done in my life is online freeform :)

Have fun browsing through the site. Have a chat with our resident Gaming Guru, Moonhunter in the chatroom, and join in the freeform roleplaying to your hearts content!
As you make your stay longer in this place, you may notice sanity slowly, but surely, slipping away. Do not be alarmed, it means you are beginning phase 1 in becoming a true citadelian.

Ooooh...
And, er... if you need to hide any pies for safe-keeping, I can hang onto them for you - I know the perfect spot for them. You just can't trust these other people with your pies!

Enjoy!
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 08:09:51 PM »
Adel Slips the new commer a slice of Chess Pie! She winks :wink:  and tells him not to trust Shadow with it! " I am Adel and I too have only played on-line! Though somtimes I wish it othewise! I am glad you are enjoying the site and I hope it helps get your creative juices flowing! Stop by and chat sometime! Nice to meet ya! ":D
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 02:23:25 PM »
Greetings.

Where excactly is the great big north? The Northpole?
I did not know that they had police there.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline Pirate Penguin

• Da Penguin Commissar
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 06:33:25 PM »
Oh yes, there are many riots on the northpole, with santa's slave labor and all.
You may know me from... nevermind just go away

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 08:57:55 PM »
Santa Claus has an annex factory in China. Did you know that?

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 09:34:01 AM »
I can not quite imagine anything besides the stereotype working gnomes of the northpole..
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline SleeperCell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2004, 07:37:36 AM »
Quote from: "Michael Jotne Slayer"
Greetings.

Where excactly is the great big north? The Northpole?

See...this is what happens when you listen to "Great Big Sea" and try and type at the same time.....confusion.

I guess it should have read "Great White North"....Oh well....

Im in that "tiny" country right on top of the U.S....you may have heard about us Canadians eh!

Offline SleeperCell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2004, 07:39:58 AM »
Quote from: "Michael Jotne Slayer"
Greetings.

Absolutely.....we run around in Police Dog Sleds.... :wink:

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2004, 09:11:13 AM »
A belated welcome Sleeper, I have to agree with the Cap'n that it is nice to meet someone else familiar with the Exalted game. I love it, but still havent gotten to play since no one in my home group is interested in the game.

As for profession I am not a computer person, I do good to run my own computer without being afflicted by the blue screen of death. When I am not spending time with my wife, or working at the factory, I am here, shooting off odd facts and random errata.

Cool gif
Scras

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2004, 12:02:24 PM »
Sleeper, I've a question-
is it true that many Canadians believe that Canada will soon become the 51st state?
'Cuz that would be crazy!

Offline Pirate Penguin

• Da Penguin Commissar
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2004, 03:43:40 PM »
Crazy Sexy Cool!!!
You may know me from... nevermind just go away

Offline SleeperCell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2004, 11:03:34 PM »
Quote from: "CaptainPenguin"
Sleeper, I've a question-
is it true that many Canadians believe that Canada will soon become the 51st state?
'Cuz that would be crazy!

Sorry for the delay....

Canadians that think that our government has no "balls" and simply follow the U.S. like a big brother often joke that we'll turn into the 51st state but this is more of a joke than anything.
We may not be a super-power but the majority of Canadians are just as patriotic as Americans.
We're proud of our hockey, tuques and maple sirup  :wink:

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2004, 11:07:12 PM »
As well you should be! I love me some Maple Sirup! :wink:
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline SleeperCell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2004, 11:10:29 PM »
Quote from: "Scrasamax"
A belated welcome Sleeper, I have to agree with the Cap'n that it is nice to meet someone else familiar with the Exalted game. I love it, but still havent gotten to play since no one in my home group is interested in the game.

Cool gif
Scras

My friend began an Exalted campaign over a year ago and I just loved the background and the system. I began with a Solar Night Caste archer which has advanced pretty far but now that my friend has introduced Lunars, I just couldn't resist the part man-part animal type character and so retired my archer (who was getting pretty tough) to start a Lunar "wolf" type.
Reminded me of the old days when I played "Werewolf" religiously.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2004, 07:12:42 AM »
I would love nothing more than if I could play in a sitdown game of Exalted and play my Abyssal grappler. I read the Dead Mans Hand charm (grab someone by throat with one hand until they die) and he just sprung into my head. I would also like to do something with the Dragon-Blooded.

The lunar are pretty spiff too, plus it lets people play whatever were-critter they want without getting bogged down into a full sized background breed book. I pity the fool who messes with the Skunk Lunar.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2004, 09:09:53 AM »
Hello SleeperCell. Oooooooh Exalted. I wish I had a chance to play Exalted. *sniffles* I use to get toRP alot in person. Then every one in our group moved away or went crazy and stopped talking to one another. Go figure. *shrugs* But that was a long time ago. We use to have a really great came going. We had 5 vampires, a mage, and a techno person if I remember correctly. My char had even managed to blood bond a Black Spiral Dancer. Which took some work. Heck we even encountered a few Changelings and a famouri *didnt spell that right* One of those scary things like out of Wraith...I think.
The game lasted 4 years if I remember correctly. Man If we could get that kind of game going again, it would be so awesome. And it wasnt one of those games where everyone survives. And talk about the betrayels and the distrust in the game, It was truely amazing.
Ok, I wandered off topic. Forgive me. Anywho. Welcome to Strolen. There are complimentary straight jackets in the lobby. Hope you enjoy your stay here with all of us wonderful but sometimes crazy people. :twisted: There is always room for one more.
If found, please return to Sender.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2004, 09:15:36 AM »
Quote from: "SleeperCell"
Canadians that think that our government has no "balls" and simply follow the U.S. like a big brother often joke that we'll turn into the 51st state but this is more of a joke than anything.

You should be very wary of your big brother state SleeperCell... Remember 1812  :lol:
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline SleeperCell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2004, 01:33:32 PM »
Quote from: "Ancient Gamer"
Quote from: "SleeperCell"

You should be very wary of your big brother state SleeperCell... Remember 1812  :lol:

Good point.....I doubt our clowns up at parliament would do anything if the Americans turned their attention toward us. When a 15yrs old bully asks the 8yrs old kid for his lunch money...he gives it to him. :roll:

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2004, 05:28:17 PM »
Hehe... There IS a vacancy in the "axis of evil"...
Could CANADA fit the profile?  :lol:

Nah, all joking aside: T'is good to see a fellow roleplayer with a healty disregard for politicians. :twisted:

I'll give politicians one thing though; they make good bad NPCs  :wink:
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!