llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Forgotten memories  (Read 794 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Danu Raven Nightshade

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Forgotten memories
« on: August 21, 2004, 09:24:07 AM »
Can you find the answers to the past? Are you brave enough to venture into the unknown and confront your destiny?
Earth. A world full of mystery and secrets. Of a hidden past, so long forgotten by the people who live on it. Ruins of a civilisation past stand as monuments to those who seek the truth.
(An extract from Admiral Rodriguez’s of the Royal Marines logbook)
13/10/2008

The West Coast has been taken and the forces positioned in Normandy have been wiped out. They, brave souls didn’t stand a chance against our enemies who fly through the air, throwing fireballs and lightning from their very hands. What evil is this that has been loosed upon the world, turning man upon man, friend upon friend? How could we not have seen it coming? My own sister, Cassandra, turned a fortnight ago. I had so hoped that containment would save her, keep the devilment called magic controlled within her until this war was over. But it seems the influence was stronger than we had anticipated. I had to…kill her to save the base. Perfectly good people turned insane by uncontrollable forces within them. They look for nothing but the destruction of all that is still human. They do not stop, and there is no reasoning with them. We are forced to kill people we know and love.
I have heard rumours, though whether I believe them I do not know. They say a government project went wrong, that it had an adverse reaction. Project Genesis.  A top secret experiment using nano-machines to activate a dormant gene in certain peoples DNA. A friend of mine who works with the scientists told me all about it. He didn’t like what it was doing to the subjects, one of them human. Once the gene had been activated the subject had become detached from the world, looking into nothingness and smiling as tests, some of them painful were being carried out. Could it be that somehow the nano-machines were released into the atmosphere, effecting all that carried the dormant gene? That means the gene controlled a force beyond human reckoning. Magic.
But still, that doesn’t explain the sudden violent reaction, the insanity. Could it be that something else is involved?
The sirens are coming. The beast called Leviathan has broken through the front line. I care little now. There is no hope for us….

It has been exactly one hundred years since that extract in the diary, the oldest record known to date. What happened after is unknown. There are ruins of civilisations and technologies, yet no one knows from what era, or even who lived in them. 100 years of new memories have been made, but before that, not one person can remember. Not even the elves who live for over 500 years.
What happened that day that changed the world? What could erase the memories of beings that have been alive for hundreds of years?
Heaven bows to me. Hell worships me.

Offline Danu Raven Nightshade

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Forgotten memories
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 09:26:04 AM »
The concept of this idea is that not too far off in the future, the united world government has conducted a secret experiment by the name Genesis. Genesis was made to activate the dormant magic gene within some people, so that they could be used as human weapons or healers. They did this by use of nano machines entering the human body and activating the gene with a special code.
The first person they tried this on was a volunteer with telekinetic powers who had previously been involved with some of the government’s experiments. Once his gene had been activated though, he changed. After the activation he was disorientated and had to get used to the new power within him. He was inside a world within his head where many things were revealed to him, and much of his humanity lost in return. It took a month for him to come back to himself again, and when he did, he destroyed everything in his reach. No one knows why, the only theory was that he was mad. Project Genesis as a failure to be discontinued immediately. But the experiment was too powerful to contain. He broke free of his confines and activated project Genesis. The nano machines were distributed throughout the Earth’s atmosphere and people all around the world began to change. Their symptoms were much the same as the experiments.
Meanwhile, the experiment went searching for the place he called “the throne of God�. He found it on an island sunk under the sea for so many millennia, surrounded by ruins of an ancient city. From there, protected from the ocean by his magic, he used his magical skill, combined with his telekinetic powers to tap into the minds of all those who’s magic had been awakened. He told them horrors of humankind and showed them what they must do. And from this an army was forged. Magic against technology.
The half population that didn’t have magic used all the technology available to them to try and cure, and then when that failed, defeat the magic users. But the magic users had weapons of their own. Beasts of legend awakened from the Earth: Leviathan, the giant water serpent, Titan, the king of the Earth, Tiamat, the dragon of fire, Fuujin, the eagle of wind and storms, and all other elemental deities.
It was an all out war, with many casualties on both sides. The last stand took place on 13/10/2008. Both sides needed to defeat the other now in order to win. The strongest magic users gathered in one place, concentrating their energies into one powerful attack. The forces of technology aimed their strongest weapons to hit the group of magic users.
Both attacks met each other half way, and in a great flash of light, chaos happened.
In this chaos it was the Gods of old, awakened from their long sleep by the sudden clash of energies, who decided the fate of the Earth now. The world was remade the way it was supposed to be.
Forests sprung up from the ground, earth shifted, springs and rivers welled. Cities were covered in woodland, or drowned in oceans of water, sand and snow. The world was made, and the God’s slept again.
But another change had taken place. The magical energies gone astray had affected the people and animals of the earth. From the subconscious imaginations of the creatures of Earth, things began to shift and reform. There were now elves and dwarves, halflings and werecreatures. But inevitably when a creature changes form, the brain has to change with it. The world’s memories were lost.

I realise that there are quite a few things to pick up on, so...pick away ladys and gents!
Heaven bows to me. Hell worships me.