llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [KHO] In the Shadows of Wings  (Read 1774 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
[KHO] In the Shadows of Wings
« on: August 27, 2004, 06:36:28 PM »
This game is now full.

The life of a merc is hard.  The least of your problems is that you operate in the gray areas.  Is what you do illegal?  Depends on the job.  More important issues come up all the time.  What's the next job gonna be?  How much will it pay?  Who is probably gonna try to kill you this time?  Are you actually gonna get paid?  A lot of times, you don't know the answers to these questions until it's too late; that's life.  First you went out on your own for a while; that lasted, what?  Maybe two jobs?  Then you wised up and found some other people to work with.  It's always better to try to do things as a team, even if all that you get out of it is some more bodies between you and whoever's got a gun.  It gets tedious after a while.  It gets to be the same d**n thing.  And this job don't look like it's gonna be much different.
_________________________________________________ ______________

This is a modern RPG.  The characters are all members of a mercenary team that usually operates under the radar of the law.  They have been contracted by one Jeremiah Talbot, representing Crowe Industries.  The details are a little sketchy right now, but you're pretty sure it's going to involve "retrieving" something from someone, who probably won't want you to have it.  Talbot is going to give you the final details at the last meeting before the mission.

I'm looking for four to five players.  This is going to be in the Moded Forum.
I want your character's name, age, how long they've been with the merc team, their specialty (breaking & entering, transportation, sharpshooter, hacker, etc), and a background.  PM me the character first.  If I give it the go-ahead, it can get posted in this thread.  Once the actual game thread is up, if I've okayed your char, you can go ahead and post.

Rules:
1.  Munchkins will be shot.  Munchkinism is hereby defined as: Power-gaming, god-moding, playing a sorceror character, and/or controlling/killing off/otherwise affecting mine or others' NPCs without permission.
2.  My word is law.
3.  I don't want this game to shrivel up and die.  If you don't post for five days, I'll drop you.  Whether or not I'll do it in such a way as to let you back in depends on circumstances, both in the game and out.  Of course, if you had a good reason for not posting (death in the family, death of the computer, etc), I'll be lenient.  If possible, if you know you're gonna be unavailable for a while, let me know ahead of time so I can take care of it.  This may involve running your char myself, or temporarily writing you out.
4.  Follow all rules not hereby outlined that are outlined in the Freeform Rules in the regular Freeform board.[color=#][/color]
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 07:38:39 PM »
Name: Andrew Lambrecht
Specialty: Demolitions
Background:
Andrew Lambrecht was born in South Africa, the child of a black mother and white father. Moving from South Africa to the U.S.A. in his early childhood to escape persecution (despite the end of the apartheid), Lambrecht was a hellion in school, and he was one of the original authors of the infamous Anarchist's Cookbook. Being an authority on explosives, he has used his skills in his job as a mercenary by blowing down doors across the globe.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 01:26:36 AM »
Name: Ryan Doushka
Specialty: Assassin

Background:
Ryan was born in Samara, Russia, his mother died at birth. His father was a drunk and had alot of problems which he projected onto to Ryan.  He blamed Ryan for him bring poor, for his mother dying and for him being a drunk.  He beat Ryan often and once during a paticuly cruel beating Ryan fought back he beat his own father for two hours straight, it was easy when he his father was drunk.  He finally slit his throat in the end, he was found innocent based on an insanity defense.  

He was sentenced to two years in a mental ward which only hardened Ryan against soceity.  Seeing potential in him the new version of the KGB in the Russian government trained him in a variety ways of killing people.  Ryan was efficient at gunfighting and sniping but also familiar and still effective in hand to hand combat, poisons, and a basic knowledge of explosives.  Ryan adventualy killed his government keepers and is new to the mercenary market when contacted by Jeremiah Talbot.   Ryan is utterly cold blooded, normal emotions that are bread and taught human beings are simply not there.  Ryan will perform any task he is required with cold determination without remorse, without mercy, without rage, and without hate.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 07:36:45 AM »
Name: James 'Storm Eagle' Johnson
Specialty: Tracking, Hand to hand combat

Raised on the Rez with other indian children, James was mocked and derided for his white name, and his white father who abandoned his Apache mother. Despite this he did well in what classes the rez could offer, which wasnt much. He became an angry and sullen youth who took to running away into the arroyos and canyons of his badlands home.

He was taken under the wing of one of the older members of the tribe, Old Standing Bear, who escaped the Rez by joining the military. He encouraged James to do the same. Respecting Old Standing Bear, James joined the army, and his skill at tracking and stealth earned him a place in the Army Rangers, a position he held for two years.

He was discharged following heavy black ops action in the middle east, but not before earning the handle 'Storm Eagle'. He returned home to the rez and was recieved well enough, but still carried the stigma of being half-white. He discovered many of the things that Old Standing Bear had seen, and since his mentor had died during his absence, Storm Eagle decided to take his place.

The Rez was very poor, and Storm Eagle discovered his skills could earn him alot of money, and thus he met Jeremiah Talbot with the idea of using his mercenary money to build a school, a real school on the rez.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Master Questor Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 08:00:31 PM »
Name: Axel "Red Hawk" Strassen
Nationality: Germany
Skillset: Pilot

Like many kids, Axel was fascinated by planes and helicopters. Unlike most kids, he held onto this fascination, which eventually led him into the Air Force, where he qualified as a pilot. Unlike most pilots, however, the limited action of the modern European theatres failed to hold his interest, and when his contract came up, he gracefully discharged from the military. It was not long after that he was approached by a small group of drug-runners, looking to fly cocaine out of the fields of Afghanistan. Hard up for money, he accepted the job. For five years he helped bring the worst of drugs to the American and European markets, until American heat shattered his smuggling ring, gaining the ability to drive just about anything short of a tank in the process. It was perhaps to his detriment that he decided to sample his own wares. While the crack didn't particularly interest him, the meth most certainly did.

A fair shot, a superb pilot, a skilled driver, bankrupt of the desire to bother to follow the law, and a struggling meth addict, he's the perfect candidate for an organization that flies beneath the law, especially if they're willing to supply his 'copilot'. He's been with the mercs for only a few weeks now, replacing a previous pilot who got shot down recently.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 05:24:01 PM »
Okay, this is the final chance to get into this game.  Player request closes tomorrow morning.

I'll go ahead and get the game started.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 07:10:39 PM »
Name: Morgan Lieter
Specialty: Sharpshooter/sniper

Morgan was a wild child.  Orphaned at an early age, she bounced around from foster home to foster home until she was eighteen.  At one point, she ended up in a gang, which is where she learned to shoot a gun.  But that was to be short-lived; she was arrested soon after her seventeenth birthday .  She was sent to Juvie, and while she was there, a gang war took out most of the gang she ran with.  At loose ends, she got into various amounts of trouble.  The day she turned eighteen, she cut a new door in the group home she had ended up at.  She did, however, have the sense to finish school.  After that, she drifted around at loose ends, occasionally getting into trouble.  She tried a stint in the military, but never made it through Basic.  She did, however, find she was a natural at target shooting, a skill which she subsequently spent a lot of time developing.  Currently, she makes a living hiring her rifle out to the highest bidder, and she owns little else besides that, her bike, and some clothes.  She sleeps on the couches of the few friends she's kept.