llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Something of a character.  (Read 1128 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Nappo

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Something of a character.
« on: September 13, 2004, 05:49:26 PM »
Yes yes, I realize that I am quite the fantasy fanatic...But it's becuase I hate to read about the real world when I already live in it. I'll talk about it, but I dont need to read a whole novel about it. Now...This is just a discription of a character that I thought was sort of neato.  :)
------------------------------------------

She stood amidst the fog, clouded in mist and shadowed by cloak, ruled over by the Empire, however unshackled by the septim hand of such. Past credits gave her a bounty of unbelievable heights, giving her access to few, if any priviledges. Tainted mind and crippled soul, she stood. Her actions, whispered by few, personified by many, yet still known to all. A surge of evil would have been in her nature if she knew that she could posess anything other than her staff and an ability for summoning bone demons, and liches.
Her Necromantic abilities left her without much, as most mages that study such a divine ability progress if only they make a pact with the gods. This ability, for something dear and helpful to them. A limb was out of question, for as a mage she needed most of her limbs, however without a soul, she would be boundless and reckless to the mastered bonus' of Necromancy.

------------------------------------------
Writer's block for anything beyond that. And yes, I realize quite well that I seem to write often about 'morbid' types. However it's just what I like to do... I can write happy stories! I think I can, I think I can! If someone here actually -likes- my writings, please comment, and let me know what I can add or take away.  :mrgreen:
  • But I dont want to go among the mad people.
  • Oh. You can't help that...We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad.
  • How do you know I'm mad?
  • You must be or you would'nt have come here.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 08:20:11 PM »
"the Empire"...
Just out of curiosity, are you talking your own Empire, or mine?
'Cuz if it's mine, I can help you out...
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Nappo

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 08:34:44 PM »
Er, actually it wasnt any spacific Empire, however any addons would be nice... If it where yours, I'd love some advice :)

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
The Bone Demon Gehenna
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 10:33:22 PM »
Gehenna has been a bit part player in one of my games, albeit a high level game. I have not listed him/it in the characters section as I dont feel he/it is up to my usual calibre of submission. However, since you happened to mention a bone demon, and I happen to have one laying around, I thought you could use him/it. On to the beast...

Gehenna was created by accident some millienia ago by a less than cautious mage. The mage, then fascinated with the nascent arts of animation and demonic possession created a demon powered bone golem. As expected, the bone golem proved to be a terrible opponent, slaughtering foes and absorbing their osseous mass into his own. The golem grew, and when it judged its power great enough, it attacked and destroyed its creator, absorbing his sorcerous might as well as bones into its body.

Unbound, the demon rapidly increased its size and power, assimilating entire villages, herds of livestock and even stalking the isolated young dragon. At the zenith of its power, Gehenna was easily mistaken for a dracolich as it chose to use the head of a slain dragon as its own, and moved about with adraconic form for the fear it caused.

It was a rare coalition of elven magi, dragons, and orcish necromancers who finally banished Gehenna, but at great cost. Many of the coalition members were slain and absorbed by the demon before it was banished to the Hell of Dry bones. Trapped within a prison hell, the demon lord raged, and his rage created mountains of bones, rainstorms of teeth and knucklebones, and sandstorms of pulverized bones.

Now trapped, only a gifted summoner can create a conduit for hich Gehenna can touch the real world. A supremely difficult ritual requiring large sacrifices can create a conduit large enough to release the greater demon back into creation. Gehenna is always seeking a willing servant that may one day release him from his realm of bondage.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Nappo

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 04:49:45 PM »
Thanks, thats a great description. I apreciate it.  :mrgreen: