Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Citadel Tavern

Citadelian Map - Where are you?

(1/12) > >>

Strolen:
The original, quoted, still works. But we have moved on to bigger and better things. Post your google link if you want me to add it. I will eventually upgrade it to a form so it will be automatic, but a little too busy on V2.0 to mess with that at the moment. Very easy and quick for me to manually update so will do it that way for now.

---

Just when you thought it was safe.

http://www.strolen.com/maps/map2.php

Of course Google has an API that allows you to import their maps and make your own overlays!!! And of course there are a multitude of people that make those API's even easier to use. So of course, when I stumbled upon it quite on accident, I had to throw it up really quick.

This is the script I am using and it is a VERY simple interface. The most important instructions for me adding people is this:

--- Quote ---To add a marker on your map, go to maps.google.com, double-click on the point you want to mark on your map and click on "Link to this page". Note: you must double-click or drag the map, not just search for an address. Now copy the resulting URL
--- End quote ---

and paste it here and I will add it. You can also add a few lines of text like I did. Once there are more people in it I will remove the auto opened bubble so that you have to click on it to see information.

(For those that dug down to see where I live, I put myself on Little Rock AFB which is about 8 miles from Cabot. That large building is really where I work though. Thought it was more interesting to look at then a freeway and a few buildings in downtown Cabot.)

---------------------------=========-------------------------

--- Quote from: Old Crappy Map that is now obsolete ---'Ware the popups, but a fun little toy none-the-less. Post yourself up there so we can figure out where everybody is from.

http://pub2.bravenet.com/guestmap/view.php?usernum=97152251
--- End quote ---

Michael Jotne Slayer:
Why did I not recive a flag? Did I do something wrong, did i place my little man in the water? What if he is drowning?

Strolen:
I am in the water too, no worries. There was a choice to add a flag when you put your person on the map. Do you want me to delete you so you can do it again?

Michael Jotne Slayer:
It is okay strolen, I would not want you to be worried by such petty matters.
As long as my little man does not drown that is :D

Danu Raven Nightshade:
not many there yet is there...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version