llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: ~Shades of Grey~  (Read 20608 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2004, 11:06:47 PM »
"Yes you really want to keep those thngs, at least untill we make the jump to hyperspace. The vaccum... a how do I explain wieghtlessness.. nevermind you'll find out. Don't worry the last guy wass some flunky recruit, your in good hands with me at the stick of this beast.  Well if that is everything, I've decided to call our little transport here the Scoundrel.  Brace yourself this is going to be rough."  

Amas returned to the cockpit, and shut and dogged the hatch behind him.  The cockpit was a small one man job with minimal controls, and a joystick with trigger for navigation and the front mounted dual laser. Amas jammed the helmet on his head and pulled the visor down.  "Here goes," He muttered to himself.  

He pushed the reactor start up and the ship thrummed to life, in seconds the tiny Volzar plant was at full power. Amas dialed up the inertia compensator in the back and dialed up the repulsor lifts.  The ship lifted gently off the ground several meters.  The sensors started blaring of multiple target accuistions, he ignored them then through the throttle full ahead.  The little box crate of a ship lurched forward, Amas let out a loud whoop.  As the Scoundrel climbed shockingly fast, out of the view ports the land became smaller and smaller.  Soon you could see the depths of space and the enormous form of the planet behind.  Multiple fighters were roaring in on them, but the little ship had alot of kick with out the usual load of troops and equipement.

Amas used a minor control pad and made the stubby little mings do a 180, he hit another switch that armed two rockets.  He got a target confirmation and cut loose, the two little rockets only traveled a shout distance and detonated but made the Scoundrel's tails break off.  The nav computer spewed out the cordinates Amas and punched in.  He threw the hyperspace levers, the egine gave a huge whine then all of the sudden the world went scewed all the weight in the world seemed to be on Amas but at the same time none at all, he was blind yet saw all colors, he was deaf but heard immense sound.  Then it vanished as the ship made the transition to hyperspace.  Amas blew out a breath as the auto pilto took over, he unstrapped himself and floated to the back hold.  "We got by them, another couple of hours and we'll be in Tyranis, first civilized system I've seen in a while."

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2004, 07:43:11 PM »
Fox began to tremble as the ship accelerated, pressing his ill-used homid body into the seat, tugging against the safety harness. This was nothing that could be escaped, or outrun, or outsmarted. He felt an invisible weight pressing against him, he felt the red panic mashing agains the sides of his mind.

He howled, a discordant sound from human vocal chords. Amas whooped and the world turned inside out as the ship made the jump to lightspeed. The howling stopped as Fox thrashed against the restraints, his voice ragged and raw as he screamed. His worst nightmares had never involved such sensations, such a level of sensory overload...

He unclipped the harness after several frantic tries, tearing back one of his fingernails in a painful arc. He twitched out of the chair before inertia flung him away from his seat and into the rear of the crew cabin.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2004, 10:48:42 PM »
"Ahh d**n never been in null-gee, Fix you gotta calm down the more you don't have weight here but you still have mass.  You get what I mean? You can push off the ground but you can't push the ground?  See."

Amas with the slightest touch floated over to Fox and helped him orreint himself.  "Hyperspace isn't so bad, in planetary gravity fields you have to stay strapped in so you don't end up paste, but here the normal laws don't apply."

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • http://www.geocities.com/sweet_as_a_nightmare/index.html
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2004, 07:17:41 AM »
Fletch had closed her eyes at the transition began to take lpace, her stomach feeling as if it were pressing against her spine and her lungs were hard pressed to take the miuch needed gulps of air. Finally she did and opened her eyes, the ship was travelling at a fast yet smooth rate and Fox had already loosed himself, Amas was floting with him helping him to move around the weightless interior. Fletch fumbled with the straps finally managing to free herself. She sort of hung in the air then moving a little found herself utnring around so that the world was not completely righted. Confised she swung her arms around ending up completeing several 360's in the air. Before coming head up again. She managed a small smile and tried ot move over to them only to swnig around again. In an effort to stop minvg hs eput her arms out towards her chair and using the seat as a anchor she pulled herself back down to it.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2004, 12:48:49 PM »
Fox tryed to push away from Amas, his words falling deaf ears. Fox flailed as his world lost its most taken for granted reference, gravity. His switched back into his vulpine form, legs thrashingly madly at the air, his body cutting a tight corkscrew as he tried to find a point of orientation, but every direction was up, and he was being crushed by the sheer mass of verigo.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2004, 02:56:09 PM »
"Gaahh." Amas seized Fox aound hte midde with one arm, hooked his foot on the floor and stablilized both of them, "Calm down, Fletch can you give me a hand here. Gawd I've seen such a set of land lubbers all my life."

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2004, 06:58:56 PM »
Fletch now being stabilised by Amas was able to help Amas turn Fox up the right way. She stroked his cheek comfortingly crooning. "It's alright...we'll get the hang of it". She let go of Amas allowing herself to get the feel of this strange weightlessness. Moving herself awkwardly yet in small fractions she began to learn which way to move to propel herself in certain directions without spinning in circles and ending up upside down. She moved over to them. Fox seemed to upset to listen to words so instead she used the mind speak that would permeate throughout his thinking and he could not ignore in his hysteria. "Fox...stop moving". She went on to explain how he could move without spinning. She watched him carefully before looking at Amas. "We could walk in your other ship...why notm this one?".
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2004, 07:33:44 PM »
"Well this is a POS. Piece of s**t.  They didn't really think anyone would be suing these things for long distance.  But almost everything has FTL drives.  A couple decades ago getting stranded was a real problem. "

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2004, 11:15:35 PM »
Fletch nodded only half comprehending what he had meant. However sh eunderstood there was no way there were going to be able to walk on ths ship whilst they were where they were.

Fletch glanced at the artificial light spreading across the floor and just seemed to float mid-air her expression unreadable.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #209 on: November 21, 2004, 11:26:42 PM »
Amas could feel the tension, "Listen if get disoriented again just give a call, bur try to stay seated it will help better."  Amas returned to the cockpit and sat in the pilot's seat watching the whirls of hyperspace.  He fell asleep there, and woke up to the blaring of a warning.  "Were coming up on the drop out point, get strapped in!" Amas started getting gear back on and settling in.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2004, 06:56:33 PM »
Fletch's reaction to the news was volatile. She quickly moved over to Fox who was still in his fox form. She grabbed him quickly and made her way to her seat as quick as was possible. There she strapped herself in, with Fox also being secured by the straps. She closed her eyes and waited for the indefinate hum that accompanied the sudden thrum of power through the ship.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2004, 08:59:59 AM »
The violent jump through FTL space and real space began again throwing the world in a billion colors, sounds, and shapes then becoming one again.  Amas watched out the front view slit.  He whistled to himself there in space hung the planet lined with silvery structures of space statsions.