llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: ~Shades of Grey~  (Read 21095 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

  • King
  • ****
  • Posts: 948
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2004, 10:53:27 PM »
The screams that rewarded the hunters shots made him grin for a second then the four attackers caught him by surprise.  The numerous branches of the old growth log didn't let him dodge the attacks.  He battered away the morningstar away with his right bracer, it bit into the thick carbide composite armor but didn't shatter it.  It stuck for a second then fell away, blood bubbled through the puncture in the armor then a sticky black substance jetted out of the edge of the puncture and formed a tempoary seal that stopped the bleeding for now.  The arrow whistled in and the arrow head shattered on the ferro carbide chestplate.  The basterd sword bit into the plate above the right shoulder and shattered the telescoping energy cannon and bit into the weakened armor plate.  Amas felt his colar bone creak then crack.  The 'Fox' came in through the branches and snags.  Before the yawning maw of the of it's mouth could close on his head he rolled his neck below a medium sized branch and the Fox's mouth closed on nothing but wood.  Amas brought up his right arm, the various drugs and stimulants blanketed the messages of pain his nerves were sending him.  He leaned againt the log and brought up gun arm, there was a roar as Amas clamped down on the trigger brought the gun out in a foward arc that sent slugs everywhere.  The clip clicked empty and ejected, Amas used the kickback of the the gun to help him roll over the top of the log to the other side.

Offline DarkShadow

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 33
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2004, 01:53:37 AM »
The bounty hunter had survived. Asheel was furious. The failure of his attack only added to his ever building rage.

Yama had already prepared another arrow. Then the release, but the target was not the hunter, but the girl Callista who had put out his fire. She was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

The arrow flew swiftly and sliently through the air at the wounded girl. Asheel also turned and rode towards the girl. Asheel would have his vengence. Thanatos, with the bastard sword  was the only one of them who made a full turn back towards the hunter.

All three rode now, and the arrow had already struck (hit or miss its your call). Yama rode the outskirts flanking Callista with his arrows while asheel went in for the kill. Thanatos rode heavy towards the hunter. The two animorphics would live by Asheels hand soon enough, but that torment would be spared them for a few moments.
Rock may break, Ice may melt, and Fire may suffocate, but in the end Darkness consumes all, and so, it shall consume You.

Offline Scrasamax

  • The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3505
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2004, 11:49:57 AM »
Fox colided with a branch of the fallen tree. The bounty hunter ducked away in time to avoid his jaws, leaving him with a mouthful of splintered bark and shaken leaves. Fox recovered his feet, but nearly lost them again when the hunter raised his strange weapon and filled his ears with the roar of thunder, and blasted his sense of smell with the fiery lightning smell that covered every smell except that of blood and adrenalin.

He staggered away from the bounty hunter, punch drunk from the concussion of the weapon. He wanted to assume the stronger moon-form, but he could not reach the concentration required, he could not release the smaller, much more natural vulpine form.

He heard a grunting sound as the ringing in his ears subsided. Caught in a loggerhead of fallen debris was one of the forest boars, a giant armored monster of bone and tusk. The two-legs avoided the beasts unless they came with hounds, and great long spears and many men to harry and tire the beast before trying to kill it.

He looked into the eyes of the boar, and saw compliance within the small dark eyes. The boar knew his desire and would help the old fox, the wild one who drove the two-legs from the wood when he could. Disengaged from the battle and well concealed by a wall of debris, Fox regained his concentration and took on the two-legs form, and used the strange hand-paws to remove the worst of the boars confinement.

*Protect the she-elf, and the Vixen, destroy those on horses* Fox commanded the boar. It lifted it's 600 pound bulk from the forest floor, and gave a shrill piercing scream before ruching into the clearing with the speed and fury of a freight train.

His blood-rimmed beady eyes settled on the horse archer Yama.

OOC: Boars are tremendously difficult to kill. I have personally seen a 400 pound boar survive three shots from a 30.06 rifle, including a close range shot to the head. Killing the boar usually requires an attack from under the neck, or jaw. Everything else is thick hide, gristle, and bone.


Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Luke Lavin

  • King
  • ****
  • Posts: 948
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2004, 12:46:19 PM »
Things were getting out of hand, that was for sure.  Amas calculated that the damage to his equipement far exceeded the combinations of the bounties.  He would make sure to place additional surcharges on his employers but he would still take these fellows down, it was a matter reputation.  But not right now, with three parading knights that came out of nowhere with a grudge on him and now the Fox's ability to become this Werewolf which wasn't mentioned in the information he recieved some from his employers.  Now wasn't the time to take them down even if he could dispose of the knights four to one odds were not good. Amas thoguht with the surprise attack this would have been easy but his stun rounds not working was another intel mess up. Yes there would be many additional fees.

Amas flat on his back watched the Werewolf come at him then he slapped a button on his belt.  The seams along his back slitted open like vents and a gout of fire and smoke poured out sending him rocketing along the ground out of the clearing into the woods. The brush tunred black and burned low as he went along.  With a tap of his hand his trajectory cleared the forest canopy and arced out of view.   Amas lived by the old saying "Live to fight another day."

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

  • Grand Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 626
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2004, 06:33:35 PM »
Callista, rolled dodging one of the arrows but another hit her in the leg, she yelped once again as blood poured onto the forest floor, her gaze bleary now, she could see a large what looked like a bear coming towards them all, she rolled as the horses and riders came closer to her, she rolled again, picking up her sword with her one good hand, she branished in front of her, "i swear if you come any closer i will call upon my powers to put a stop to you" she yelled as the horses came ever closer, she looked around her and saw a small vial led on the floor she heaved herself closer to it, dodging another arrow speeding towards her.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline DarkShadow

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 33
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2004, 11:01:47 PM »
Thanatos followed after the hunter who was now in the sky, tracking him along the ground. Yama and Asheel continued their assault on Calista, Asheel now only a moment away from dealing his blow. If she did not get up, she would be trampled, and even then , his morningstar would still do the job quite nicely. He did not pause to consider the reprocussions of these actions. All that remained on his mind was vengence. All that he cared about was vengence.
Rock may break, Ice may melt, and Fire may suffocate, but in the end Darkness consumes all, and so, it shall consume You.

Offline ~Fletch~

  • Adept
  • **
  • Posts: 108
    • http://www.geocities.com/sweet_as_a_nightmare/index.html
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2004, 07:41:20 AM »
Fletch had all but watched without moving, her body turning into one trembling mass of muscle at the happenings. It was all happening so quickly the arrows hailing towards them and the ground around their feet marshy with it's excess of water. Fletch could not see where Fox had gone and her amber eyes looked around the clearing in a worried fashion. She had felt a kind of need of her towards him, He had assumed the human shape so awkwardy, had he not been taught? She considered though was not given much time as she was forced to dodge an arrow. Bram at her side was agitated and paced back and forth snarling viciously at those around them, daring them to come closer. He inflicted a harsh bite to one man's legs, seeing blood dribble down his shin in a contented manner.

Fletch looked at Callista whos eleg had been stuck by an arrow. Growling in the base of her throat she ran over and ripped it out with her bare teeth, trying to banish the satartled cry from Callista. She looked up into her eyes in what she hoped was a 'for the best' way but yelped as an arrow struck her shoulder. She turned and tried to yank it out as she had done the arrow in Callista's leg. However at the awkward angle at which she had begun to pull it out, the shaft snapped in half, leaving a small pecie fo wood jutting out of her flesh, it's tip buried in the sensitive tissue, impeding her movements.

She turned now, her eyes filling with a kind of bloodwrath, and she should have attacked if not for the large boar that came ramming out of the bushe,s clearing smaller plants as he moved, his incredible bulk magestic and redeeming to her eyes as he tried his best to protect herself and Callista from the men. Obviously Fox had something to do with it and searched for him again th epoain in her shoulder threatening to overwhelm her. He must have a lair here, a den somewhere hidden in this territory. If they could escpae to this den they maybe they would be safe whilst the men searched for them. She could not transform either for fear that when her body morphed the arrows head be buried in a lest fortuitious position in her body causing her unrepairable damage.

Then a man stood over Callista a large mace like weapon raised and his face set in a grim crazed expression. She stood between him and the elfess and gave a short bark gaining the attention of the boar. He saw the situation at once and began to charge his tusks lowered and eyes a strange shade of pink in his fury.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

  • Grand Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 626
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2004, 11:20:52 AM »
Callista looked towards the female fox, then once again towards the men, "i'm sorry but this is probably the only way to get rid of them" she sighed in a quiet voice, she turned her eyes closed and opened in a flash, her eyes instead of the bright light blue they were, white pure white, no pupil was visible, she somehow stood without effort, she began to mumble something under her breathe, as she mumbled the words began to get louder, more definate, "leave the foxes, the wolf, and the bear, leave the foxes, the wolf, and the bear" she countinued to chant this, the air became cold even icy, a huge roar was heared from a little while away, the sound of trees swishing in the, strong wind, suddenly a huge what looked like a tornado came through the trees, the tornado passed over Callista without moving her, it did the same with the two foxes, the werewolf (if that is what he is) and the bear (if that is what it is) the wind powered against the others, tearing at them,
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Scrasamax

  • The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3505
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2004, 12:40:55 PM »
OOC: For everyones information

Fox is a werefox, not a werewolf. Ha can assume a human form, a vulpine form, and a 'large fox' form. He cannot turn into a crinos, or fox-man form.

Boar: a large pig with thick hide, sharp tusks, and very bad attitude. Not a bear. Some specimens reach weights up to and surpassing 800 pounds, or 365 Kg, for our metric friends. such animals can survive large caliber gunshot wounds to the head at near point blank range with little or no effect on the animal.

Mmmm...bacon


Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Luke Lavin

  • King
  • ****
  • Posts: 948
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2004, 03:57:15 PM »
It reminded Amas of a scene from a holodrama he had seen.  Ominous black clouds swirling together then a tornado of monsterous size descended out of the sky almost right on top of him.  Amas swirled into a earthward dive the, then leveled out and skimmed over the trees. Racing away from the vortex of death and destruction that was sucking up everything in it's path.  Huge trees eighty feet or taller uprooted and spung about like a giant's club, as Amas approached the clearing where his ship was the storm was already roiling towards.  Using the slavelink to the ship's computer he started the preflight process from outside.  When the jets on his back cut out he landed on the ground in a roll and sprinted up the boarding ramp.  Amas slapped a button inside the passage way and the hatch sealed shut.  

As he ran to the bridge he slapped a red button on his belt and explosive bolts that held the armor together blew ejecting the armor of him.  Clothed in only a tight fitting tactical cooling suit he slide into the pilots chair just the preflight check up completed.  He secured himself to the chair with a harness then slapped the throttle all the way forard.  Crushing force slammed him back into his seat as the ship blasted across the clearing away from the storm.  The ship in seconds rocketed into a low orbit over the planet.  Amas loosened himself from the harness when he felt himself lift off the chair in the gravityless space.  With a small touch of his hand he went down the corridor leading away from the forward compartment into a small work room.  He gathered the floating pieces of armor from early today and placed them in a crate.  

Then he popped open another crate and removed a formless piece of clothing that mimiced what ever color was closest to it.  Amas donned the almost invisible clothing and wedged the armor plates it could carry into various slots. Shoulder pardding, chest and back plates.  Leg Armor, and becips.  It didn't offer the coverage of his suit but the chamelon afect made him almost invisible.  A small helmet completed the outfit that had three faceplates that could slide down affording him regular, nightvision, of thermal scanning.  

Amas selected a long rifle from the crate painted with the same effect and a short sword that when switched on could vibrate very fast increasing it's cutting power.  He slide the rifle over his back and sheathed the sword.  Then selected a BFG 9X Pistol and holstered it.  HE grabed a bandoleer of ammunition.  Satisfied headed back to the crew cabin.  

He plotted a small auto pilot course for 30,000 feet then the ship would reattain orbit.  Amas moved back to the corridor and waited for altitude meter to tick down to 30,000.  He grabbed a parasial pack and checked it was ready.  At 30,000 feet he opened the hatch on a ten second timer then jumped out of the craft.  

HALO jumps gave him a rush like no other, in about five seconds he broke through the heavy cloud cover then at roughly 2500 feet he pulled the shoot, and drifted on a lazy course about a half day's walk from where the day had started.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

  • Grand Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 626
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2004, 06:46:47 PM »
"i'm sorry, i'm so so sorry" Callista called over the howl of wind, "i will fix everything if i come out of this" the wind had picked up a lot of dust and was now throwing it in every direction, it was very hard to see, and Callista had to keep her ears pricked for any oncoming movement towards her.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline DarkShadow

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 33
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2004, 11:30:25 PM »
The sudden burst of wind did not catch Asheel off gaurd nearly as much as the large airborn boar that flew into the side of his horse. Immediately he was being carried on a stream of air towards an unknown destination.

Suddenly pain shot through his body as he found himself impaled upon a jagged break in a fallen tree trunk. He saw the blood from his stomach coloring the air red as he struggled in pain, helpless as the wind shoved him farther and farther along the wooden spike, and impaled him deeper and deeper. He watched as tree branches and debris flew past him, and though it seemed forever, it was only a few seconds he realized as his own morningstar, which he had inadvertantly let go of only moments before, opened a hole in his head.

Such irony, that his own weapon would be his own undoing. Although nobody would see it, Yama and Thanatos at that moment in time dissapated into nothing. The horses literally fell to pieces, leaving only black debris in their place.

Not even the weapons and armor worn by the three men remained. All that existed now was armor for two horses flying around in the atmosphere, and a man dressed in Nordic clothing, carrying a large axe, impaled stomach first on a a jagged tree, his blood staining the wood a dark red...
Rock may break, Ice may melt, and Fire may suffocate, but in the end Darkness consumes all, and so, it shall consume You.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

  • Grand Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 626
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2004, 08:39:46 AM »
the wind swirled for a moment more before vanishing into a wisp of silvery light, Callista groaned as still more blood pulsated out of her wounds she turned and looked at the other fox the female an arrow sticking into her shoulder, but most of it had been broken of, Callista pulled herself closer and once again said "im so sorry, i knew that it would only just destroy the forest more but... i will fix it all, i promise" Callista's eyes brimmed with tears, she moved more closer she moved her hand closer to the protruding arrow and gently placed her hand on it "may i?" she asked looking into the foxes eyes.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Scrasamax

  • The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3505
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2004, 03:29:31 PM »
Fox, panting with a mix of fear and excertion returned to the clear cautiously. The sulphuric smell of the bounty hunters escape was gone, drawn away by the she-elfs magic, but the smell of blood was thick in the air.

He approached the others in the new clearing at an easy trot. Seeing the arrow protruding from the vixen made him whine with sympathy for her, such creations of humans were painful.


Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Luke Lavin

  • King
  • ****
  • Posts: 948
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2004, 04:51:08 PM »
A glimmering void moved through the brush carefuly, the only way some one could see was if they stared intently right at him.  Then they would notice how the some things didn't match to the enviroment.  The hunter moved slowly with the long Thunderstroke Rifle cradled in his hands.  He crept up to the top of the ridge and looked over it.  It was clear where the day had began.  A wide swatch of destruction was left where things had started today.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

  • Grand Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 626
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2004, 05:40:29 PM »
Callista looked slowly towards fox, "why was that bloke attacking us" she asked looking deep into foxes eyes, she knew she wouldn't understand him inless he changed into his human form, she once again looked around at the damage, the forest was a mess, all because of her, she bowed her head, once again a tear, rolled down her cheek, she caught it and placed it on the floor, it stayed there just as a small water droplet, she looked at it with shining eyes, "please do my bidding" she said to the water droplet, "please summon up some creatures to fix this forest" it would probably take a day or two, but in the end the forest would be better than new "she turned as the water droplet shot of into what was left of the forest, she looked up at the hills around her, her sensitive hearing now working over time as her eyes clouded because of the pain in her side
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Scrasamax

  • The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3505
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2004, 01:09:43 PM »
Fox lifted his head, his nose into the wind, nostril flared. From his posture it was obvious he was suddenly alarmed about something. He turned his head, ears erect, nose drawing in more of the air. His eyes searched but found nothing, nothing to match the smell, the bitter oily smell that he had associated with the bounty hunter.

He ran in a circle and barked at the elf, he stopped and looked back towards the stand of woods, the source of the smell new, but as yet invisible.

*general note, most predators use smell as their primary sense, followed by hearing, and sight third. Humans rely on sight, sound, then smell.


Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Luke Lavin

  • King
  • ****
  • Posts: 948
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2004, 01:30:53 PM »
Amas slowly brought the Thunderstroke rifle to bear aiming through the LED scope mounted on the top.  With two quick shots he could even the odds dramaticly the high elf the Werefox weren't worth what the bounties were.  Hell the elf didn't even have a bounty she just got in the way.  Amas ticked the scope over to thermal.  The foiliage got in the way to mouch for a normal shot.  He selected a large calibur bullet from the bandoleer, it had a a very keen point and would be pefect for cutting from the deep foiliage seperating the hunter and the prey.  He loaded the shot and settled his eye on the scope.  He was a second from pulling the trigger and the screen faded black.  

"What the @!#$ing hell?!" Amas cursed softly in dismay.  He looked at the weapon, he had forgotten to grab power cells for the rifle.  The scope had used up any power left in the rifle, with out power there wouldn't be enough of a charge for the rail gun rifle to work.  Amas set the worthless rifle on the ground nex to a tree and beat a slow pace down the ridge.  If he couldn't even odds he wait till night at least...

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

  • Grand Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 626
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2004, 01:31:02 PM »
Callista watched fox run around in a circle, she looked to where he was sniffing, there was an uneasy feel around this place, "um i think we should leave this place" said Callista quietly, she tried to stand but fell to the ground once again, she pulled herself up on a tree "fox -- have you got any -- secret hidden places" she panted, she countinued to stare into the foxes eyes, still clutching her side she broke a branch of off one of the fallen trees, and used it as a walking stick to prope herself up
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline DarkShadow

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 33
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2004, 01:50:11 PM »
OOC: I apologize for such a poor post, but i am in a hurry right now. I will go back and fill it in more completely a bit later

A little ways off, out of visible range, a dead boar lied dead on the ground, not moving. Asheel watched it from the realm of death and went inside.

The boar soon animated itself, cunvulsing and strentching on the ground. It was all Asheel could do not to cry out in pain.

When it finally came to rest, a man, covered in fur, with two tusks an a small tail, and wearing light armor, and holding a morningstar stood up. Thanatos and Yama stood up beside him, fully equiped. They sttod for a few seconds and started treading after the party of souls.

Asheel had calmed down now, and his mind was focused. It annoyed him to have lost his horses which he had gone to so much trouble to raise from the dead.
Rock may break, Ice may melt, and Fire may suffocate, but in the end Darkness consumes all, and so, it shall consume You.

Offline ~Fletch~

  • Adept
  • **
  • Posts: 108
    • http://www.geocities.com/sweet_as_a_nightmare/index.html
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2004, 08:04:42 AM »
Fletch heeded the elf maidens words and braced herself for the harsh tug that would inevitably pull the barbed arrow from her shoulder. When the pain came it sent a rush of weariness and dizziness into her, her four paws sliding for ground as she almost stumbled. Once the arrow lay discarded on the ground she looked at her gratefully emanating her thanks towards her. She looked around for Bram but couldn't see him. She couldn't scent him either and at least she thought, his blood did not rest in the air, only a faint scent of his presence from earlier.

Fletch attempted to lick her wound but couldn't reach it at the angle it was at. She heard the question directed towards Fox and turned towards him limping awkwardly on her injured leg. The maiden seemed less able to walk than she and she was angered to see the blood that poured from her. The boar lay dead and she said a prayer of thanks and sorrow for it's life it had given to save them. He would be rewarded she knew.

Fletch scented the air her ears coming full upright as she walked to stand beside Fox noting the strange smell on the air. She looked at him objectively noting his injured tail. She gave a small whine in his direction and nudged him comradely. "Hide? Do you know where? THe elf maiden must rest and heal". Whatever she did know of what was happening, was that she did not want to wait for the arrival of whatever was heading in their direction.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Luke Lavin

  • King
  • ****
  • Posts: 948
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2004, 11:12:55 AM »
Shades of forest color moved slowly through the woods, he had out his pistol.  As he watched farther up ahead faint IR traces of a human heat source moved about.  Amas stopped evey few seconds blending into a tree or lying down and becomings a small knoll of grass.   Anyone who got close enough to touch could tell something was not quite right but from more than a few feet away no one could tell with out knowing what they were looking for what he might be.

Offline Scrasamax

  • The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3505
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2004, 01:40:33 PM »
Fox licked the wound on the vixens shoulder, the taste of her blood sharp and coppery. He gave the wound a few licks, but not many, he had other things on his mind, the bounty hunter smell was getting closer, he could swear it was moving, but his eyes saw nothing, he panted a quick whine but understood both the vixen and the elf. They would need a hiding place. He thought for a moment and felt a sly smile come across his face.

He ran in a circle, Follow me, and left the clearing as the body of the dead boar shuddered again to a mockery of life. They would have to escape these relentless hunters, both of which were obviously supernatural in nature. Perhaps if these four were immune to powers mundane, then perhaps other powers would have to be consulted.

Fox moved quickly through the trees, he held back from his true speed so the wounded could keep up with him. It was a dangerous ploy, but one that could work quite well.

As they traveled through the forest Fletch was able to notice a new smell, one that a smart fox avoids. Wolf. They were entering lupine territory, and from the size and height of some of the claw markings on the trees, they were entering not just lupine but lycanthrope territory. Fox was taking them directly to one of the werewolf septs.

Compared to the unnatural stink of the two-legs and his unnatural companions, and the strange smell of the bounty hunter, a pair of foxes and an elf would likely be ignored.

As if in answer, a howl rose in the distance, several more heads were lifted and added to the howl. The wolves were coming.


Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline ~Fletch~

  • Adept
  • **
  • Posts: 108
    • http://www.geocities.com/sweet_as_a_nightmare/index.html
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2004, 08:43:50 AM »
Fletch looked gratefully at Fox, the wound cold where the air brushed against where he had licked it, but better that than the hot of infection. She heard his thoughts and half knew what he was doing before he eld them through the territory most would normall avoid. The smell was acrid to her and she twinged visibly as they became more deeply immersed in the werewolf territory.

She heard their howls and she bristled, urging herself to move quciker. SHe understood the logic, but would it work? It had to with the risk they were taking.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Scrasamax

  • The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3505
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2004, 12:54:13 PM »
The first wolf appeared not far ahead of them, a savage beast almost the size of a small horse. It was the main warform of the wolves, and one that Fox had learned through imitation. Though in his case, he grew simply to the size of a normal wolf, albeit a foxy wolf. The beast pulled lips away from wicked teeth, barely suppressing a primal growl.

Fox felt his heart leap with fear, wolves always ran in packs, there should be at least three or four more of the monsters in wait. Fox lowered his head, and dropped his tail, apologizing for trespassing on their territory. The wolf did not seem appeased by the display.

The wolf suddenly bristled, and snarled, his luminous golden eyes seeing the betusked Asheel approaching with his two companions. The wolves were at times hostile, and violent neighbors but they tolerated Fox as he was a lower predator, the two-legs they never tolerated on their land. Those they ran to the ground and killed.

The rest of the pack appeared like grey arrows from the brush, teeth bared, and muscles bulging as they brutally attacked the trio of two-legs. Fox ran ahead as the next phase of the battle unfolded. If the others were smart, they would follow him.


Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity