llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: ~Shades of Grey~  (Read 22343 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2004, 01:26:34 PM »
By now the hunter had skirted most of the dense woods pacing the group by keeping track of the high elf's IR signature which was disntinctly different from that of werefoxs and wolves.  He also saw something that made his blood run cold three figures moving faintly on the far side of the group.  But they didn't show up on thermal sensors, just night vision.  

Two things were meant by that, they were robotic or they were undead.  Amas didn't like either, he was thinkings about this when he stumbled apon a lone wolf that was sniffing around and before it could so much as howl he slashed it with the vibroblade from snout to tail.  He kept moving keeping a parallel track to the group.  He slowly brought the BFG pistol he had brought with him to bear.  An invisible ray of light sent a single back whenever it landed on a heat source, the sensor was jacked into his helmet and a set of crosshairs on his thermal viewer flashed crismon on a fourlegged figure farther ahead.  

Amas squeezed the trigger, a beam of yellow burning light flashed from a barrel on the gun it was as wide as his fist and cut a swath to the target.  Anything in the way along it's patth flashed combusted into flames.  

Amas put on a burst of speed and started to circle ahead of the group.  The straight line of flames would lead to right where he was so he changed position to confound the prey.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2004, 01:42:33 PM »
Callista stopped dead still her side killing her, pain shot up her side as she put wait on that side of her, she held a scream in as her leg gave way causing her to fall almost to the ground, she looked up and saw from her position in the bushes the wolves, she gasped as she watched, they would surely kill her if they saw her, she moved slowly around the clearing, trying to get to the oppisite side which fox was trying to get to
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2004, 10:03:35 PM »
Amas saw the elf go down through the thermal viewer, he hadn't hit her or she would have been crispy fried so it must have been fatigue or something.  Amas despised beasts amd amimals half the reason he had taken this bounty.   The thought of a sentient lifeform dying as food for thought of some pack of brainless dogs got under his skin.  

He wnet to a prone firing position and sighted a wolf stalking the elf and squezzed the trigger.  Again there was a sound like steel scrapping on steel and a brilliant beam blasted out of the pistol frying everything in it's path.  Amas hoped he hit the dirty wolf, he got and sprinted over again he kept moving forward.  He was relatively infront of Fox but off to the right a little predicting Fox's path and checking back every few seconds to see if he was still infront of the Fox.

Offline DarkShadow

• Apprentice
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2004, 10:37:46 PM »
Dead again. That was worse than the last time. At least last time it had been a force of nature, but he had taken out two of the wolves. It however had been an ambush this time, and he had been caught off gaurd. He had the choice of a live subject this time however. He chose the larger of the remaining wolves and his artifact lit up again as he entered the live subject, ejecting the wolf soul from it's body. He could not do that with everybody, but when he could it was a useful ability. This time, when he undertook his transformation, Thanatos and Yama appeared in tactically sound positions. Yama appeared with his bow drawn, aimed at one wolf, and Thanatos appeared with his Bastard sword held directly over another. As soon as they appeared, an arrow flew threw the air, as Thanatos's sword plunged down towards the subject wolf.

Asheel liked his new form a lot more. Leaner, faster, and with sharp claws. Definately a better form...
Rock may break, Ice may melt, and Fire may suffocate, but in the end Darkness consumes all, and so, it shall consume You.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • http://www.geocities.com/sweet_as_a_nightmare/index.html
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2004, 02:14:37 AM »
Fletch didn't know what to do, Callista was lying prone on the grund yet she knew they had to get away if they were to survive. In her current form there was no way she could drag her to the edge fo the clearing, even in human form it would be difficult. Looking to see where Fox had gone she assumed he had made it to the edge, with a small glow of ethereal light she transformed back into a human, bare as the day she was born, with only the small pouch around her neck.

She grabbed the maidens arms and began dragging her, concious that the wound which had been in her shoulder as a fox was now somewhat closer to her chest, and she had luckily survived the arrows tip going into her heart. When they reached the edge she noted that there were bolts of light and that none of them had hit them. It was not long before she once stood on four paws gazing at Callista wondering how to get her walk. She looked around frantically and notcied a largish stick in a Y shape. She draged it to Callista to use to prop herself up on. Hopefully it would be enough. If she had to help her as a human she would, but it meant she would present a large target and she alwasy felt somewhat uneasy in her human skin. Hopefully the wolves would hinder them as long as possible, but what of the larger wolf. There was something strange about it, he had watched them with far more intelligence than Fletch liked and it made her shudder involuntarily as she explored the idea.

"We must hurry". She tried to communicate to Callista. She gave a short lick to the wound on the side of Callista's leg but knew it was pointless. Human flesh needed poulstices and stiches, it had not the healing capabilities of most animals. A weak creation she thought but knew sometimes a human shape is vital. Bram had still not returned and she worried for him.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

• Grand Master
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2004, 12:44:59 PM »
Callista opened her eyes, she pulled her self up just a tiny bit, just being able to see over the top of a hedge, she looked down at the stick, "It's no use leave me, i'm just a burden to you, if you stay with me then you both will surely die" she pointed to fox, as she saw him running, she looked deep into the foxes eye's "i will be ok, if i survive this i will come and find you both, i must rest, my wounds must heal" Callista placed her hand on her side, and looked down at it, blood was still trickling down her side, "just go please" she begged, she pushed the fox lightly, to make sure she understood

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2004, 06:28:11 PM »
Amas felt sick at what he was about to do but he didn't debate about it.  He had circled around untill he was close to the the fox woman and the elf.  He strode up quickly at the same time he said, "I am going to help you.  As of right now I won't hurt you."  The flat voice didn't utter anything else but a flash of light from his gun sent another stalking werewolf into the great beyond.  

Years of combat training had afforded Amas a considerable amount of physical strength and endurance for the human hunter.  He bent low and picked up the elf trying to be careful of her wounds.  Amas placed her on his shoulder and set off at a pace quick for a human.  When moving to fast the chamelon effect of his suit failed to work correctly beacuse of the rate at which the colors changed.  It finaly gave up and reverted to a dark gray which was hard to see but much easier to track than the chamelon effect.  

Amas ran hard firing over his shoulder every few paces, he thought the fox was to his left, but he really didn't care anymore.  The bounty wasn't worth he was certain he would never catch them now not with only a pistol and a blade.  Is was only about survival now, if he could talk his way he owuld but Amas suspected feelings might be a little hard.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2004, 01:16:24 PM »
Callista, stared at the bounty hunter as he picked her up and began to run with her, she let her head drop down, her wounds now paining so much she thought she was going to pass out if it countinued, her mind was racing why was this person who was trying to kill them now helping them, was he trying to get close to them and then kill them, or maybe he just had a feeling of guilt, at this very moment she didnt care she just tried to relax

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2004, 07:12:33 AM »
Fletch knew what Callista said was true. Fox was rapidly dissappearing in the foliage and the man Amas rushed towards them. She bounded a good few steps away her neck fur bristling, but knowing there was little she could do to defend either herself or Callista against this man.

When the man swept her up into his arms she felt a momentary worry until she saw he did not seem intent on harming her. Perhaps even more so focused on getting her away from danger. With one last puzzled look she bounded after fox following his scent and the ground he had upturned in his haste.

She could still hear Amas walking with Callista in his arms. She sent out her mind for Fox. She could still smell him but she could no longer hear his footfalls before her.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2004, 07:23:16 AM »
Fox was not so far away, he had been startled by the sudden appearance of the bounty hunter, and had bolted. He came back, feelin her calling to him. He nuzzled her shoulder, and gave her a sheepish apologetic look.

He looked at the bounty hunter moving away with the she-elf, and then the other direction at the wolf that had a certain wrongness about it. It was the dead thing, it could leap from body to body...

He whined low in his throat. How could hope to defeat such a monster, or even escape it?

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2004, 11:35:41 AM »
Amas sent another long light blast behind himself then picked up his pace using the thermal imaging viewer to track the two foxes.  When he finally caught up he looked down at them, "Well, do you have an escape plan or is this just a futal attempt at suicicde?"

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2004, 12:10:45 PM »
Fox didnt look happy, his tongue hung out of his mouth and his muscles burned with fatigue. Now the bounty hunter was talking to them. He wasnt sure if that was better than being shot at. Well, it was alot better than being shot at.

He relaxed control over the vulpine shape and was hit with a spasm of vertigo as he assumed a two-legs form. He looked at the bounty hunter, a young man with wild hair and an unshaven face.

"Suicide!" his hands pulled into claws (not real claws) "We were minding our own business and you started making thunder and fire at us, and then that thing shows up, which we have killed twice already, as far as I can tell...

"No I dont have a plan!" he shouted.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2004, 12:18:30 PM »
Callista stirred "what's all that shouting" she asked looking up from her position, "fox is that you?" she asked, her eyesight still blurry, "what happened, all i remeber is pain and lot's of it" she placed her hand on her side where the gash was quite deep, she took a deep breathe, and started to push down quite hard on the wound making the outside go red, after she done this for a while, she stayed quite still letting the cool feeling rush over her, blood had started to trickle again but not alot of it, but the pain was almost gone or at least stablised, she turned her head slightly to look in each direction at the fox, on fox himself in human form, and then the bounty hunter "you, you did this to me" she pointed at her side "are you not going to say sorry or at least tell us why you did it?"

Offline DarkShadow

• Apprentice
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2004, 12:45:39 PM »
A quick yelp erupted from the last of the wolves as Asheel personally broke it's neck with his werewolf-like claws. Ah silence of the dead. What a beautiful thing. He took a look around and saw the many souls fleeing his wrath.

A loud laugh erupted from him as he watched the souls of his fleeing victims run. He did not move, but instead took a second to soak up the bloody silence that surrounded him. His clothes were torn, but all of his equiptment and armor were still intact.

His right sleave was completely torn off and his exposed arm showed, veiled in grey fur. A intricately cut bracer adorned his wrist out of pure narcisistic glee, and a ring adorned his finger, shimmering in the moonlight a strange irridescent blue-grey.

Now back to work. He started speaking the old language, calling up the souls of the dead to infest the newly deceased wolves. It was three full minutes before the five wolves had been raised from the dead. they stood there with great gaping wounds and broken bones as the magic did its best to mend them.

It had been five minutes, and now Asheel had something to work with. His victims were very far off now, and it might take some time to catch them, but he would, and then he would seek his vengence.

Asheel and his wolves sprinted forewards towards the group. Thanatos and Yama lagged behind as Asheel (in what could be described as a werewolf form) was easily able to outrun them with his wolf undead.

One of the five wolves also stayed behind as a sort of a blood-pet for later use.

They would catch up to the injured group soon enough...
Rock may break, Ice may melt, and Fire may suffocate, but in the end Darkness consumes all, and so, it shall consume You.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2004, 12:57:35 PM »
Fox squatted down, still painfully naked, next to the elf.

"Yes, it's me. He helped you, carried you away when you fell. The evil thing has taken one of the wolven, I dont know where it is, but we have killed it twice..." he said, his voice rapid and high pitched as he was greatly agitated.

He looked back up at the bounty hunter, and down at the elf, and wondered what she meant by wanting a 'sorry' from the hunter.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2004, 01:06:08 PM »
Callista blinked once then twice, she looked into fox's eyes "help me up please" she tried to pull herself up on her own "help me up please" she said urgently, "it is not safe here we must keep moving", a pain shot through her leg and she calapsed as she tried to pull herself up "will someone please help me up please" she looked around pleading with her eyes, "we must move, its not safe," Callista suddenly felt faint she led back down, but she did not stop from trying to pull herself up twice she calaposed, she looked around as she leant on the floor "fine then we shall all die here" she closed her eye's to shield anyone seeing the sharp rush of pain she just recieved in her leg

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2004, 03:37:03 PM »
"I only shot you twice with 12mm rounds that you healed like they were nothing, I don't know what your talking about your other wound I though the wolves did it.  And for that matter I don't know what I'm doing, this is very odd for me, I just couldn't let the wolves get you.  Besides if you were dead I'd never collect the bounty, no that I intend to anymore." Amas looked confused for a second Callista was stillt rying to help herself up when Amas picked her up and put her on his shoulder. "Now shut up and let me think!"  

A ghoulish wolf call made up his mind, "If we can get out of these woods I can call my ship and we can move somewhere safer. Any of you know the way out of the woods?"

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2004, 05:01:48 PM »
"Yes, yes!" Fox said excited. He jumped up and tugged at the arm of the bounty hunter. "This way, there is a ridge, and a high hill where the lightning always strikes during storms, there are no trees there, it is out of the forest."

He ran about in a semi-excited manner, and regressed back into his vulpine form.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2004, 05:34:37 PM »
"Well stopping running around with your head lopped off and lead the way!" Amas fired a couple of shots into the woods behind them to discourage any pursuers and kick up a back fire to cover their trail.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2004, 05:39:31 PM »
"lets get out of here" she said quietly her strength once again ebbing as the bleeding countinued, was the wolves or the bounty hunter who had wounded her in such a way, she couldn't remeber, and at that moment she didn't care, she let her head rest against the bounty hunters chest as he carried her, "i hope we get out if here soon, i don't like it in here" she said looking up just so she could see the bottom of the bounty hunters chin, she again let her head dropp and her eyes close for a tiny bit, the last thing she knew was that she was being carried but she didnt no where to, her mind was at ease, relaxed as she dropped of to sleep,

[OOC]i will leave it up to one of you to tell me to wake up or wake me up ok.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2004, 11:17:53 PM »
At the bounty hunters urging, Fox broke out of his circle and ran forward following a path that had survived the tidal wave. It was a sturdy path, likely used by villagers who passed through, not much more than a cart part and not a well used one by the look of it.

The open hill was well ahead, its face rising above the crowns of the trees. The surface was flat, and relatively smooth, and bore the marks of regular lightning strikes. Likey it was a major load of high grade iron ore that regularly charged itself, and caused the lightning to strike in that one place more and more often.

Fox crossed a narrow stream, and cut through the blackberries that the she-elf had picked perhaps only hours before. They were close, and no sign of the undead monsters. Fox felt a flicker of relief.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2004, 12:33:41 AM »
Amas nodded, "Good job."

He set down Callista careful of her wounds, then pulled out a small square device with a touch pad digital screen.  Amas began punching in a series of combinations, then there was a annoying beeping.  

"The ship most be on the farside of the planet, were going to have to wait a little while.  I think we should keep watch from that high ground near those rocks on the edge of the clearing.  You all are tired and are low on energy you need to rest.  I'll watch through the night."

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2004, 07:40:31 AM »
Fox agreed with the bounty hunter, and laid down on the ground, his nose exposed to the wind. He would be able to smell the unclean one well before it arrived, unless the wind shifted direction in the night, but the weather was clear and that seemed unlikely.

He was curious, he wanted to make more words with the bounty hunter, to know why he was being hunted, and why the others were too. He wanted to talk to the vixen, and to the she-elf. So much curiosity, but there was soo much tired as well.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2004, 11:20:02 AM »
Fletch gave a reconcilatory glance to the bounty hunter. She was relieved when she saw Fox return and even more so when they could all sit together without fear of being killed. She was surprised when Fox used his human form again knowing that he despised it and found it awkward. But it was not long before he returned to his vulpine form. She lay down besdie he bounty hunter and Callista across from Fox her head laying on her paws.

She though on what had been said and the strange equipmen the man carried. She had seen armour before but none with the strange strength and make of this man's. It was surely otherworldish she concluded. And a ship? Something made her know he did not mean any wooden boat, apart from the fact the ocean was far away she knew this man could pose as no sailor.

She herself had several questions for them all, but thought it better to wait until she could get some clothes for herself. She could talk into their minds but it was tiring and at the moment it was not a feasible option. Fletch stood up after a while her muscles aching after the lactic acid build up from all of their activity. Looking to the others she decided to take a short walk to clear her limbs and also to perhaps see if Bram lingered nearby. She could not longer feel him near and it unnerved her. Silently she slipped off into the forest, being cautious and stealthy, using all her vulpine instincts to carry her noiselssly through the area.

Offline DarkShadow

• Apprentice
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2004, 04:05:48 PM »
The party's scent was in the air. He could smell them clearly now. He continued his fast exhilerating pace, running at full speed as he let the adrenaline pump through him. As he came not far from the party he stopped. He stood on all four paws gasping for breath. He had just run quite a ways and unlike the wolves beside him he was not an undead creature without the need for air. He was quite alive.

But most of the work was done. Once he caught his breath he would strike, and nothing would stop him...