llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: ~Shades of Grey~  (Read 20520 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2004, 12:24:47 PM »
Fox shook his head with disgust after a particularly pungent piece of material. He retreated from the bounty hunter and his scavenging of his fallen ship, and the fighters. He trotted back to where Fletch sat watching him and sat down inpatiently, his tail twitching with the regular beat of perhaps anxiety, or the simple lack of patience inherent in most predators.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2004, 07:52:54 PM »
Amas finished gathering the parts he needed, the controls and circuitry from the cockpit, hull plating, as well as whatever else he could cut off with the fusion cutter.  

"This is all I think were going to get here. Let's check out the other two crasges hopefult we can find a reator or maybe some fuel rods."

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2004, 03:09:48 AM »
sorry to say but i am only on for a little while now i won't be on for a little while still i am banned from my computer unfourtunatly so if you would like someone can take over my character while i am gone sorry about that hopefully will be back on soon
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • http://www.geocities.com/sweet_as_a_nightmare/index.html
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2004, 09:16:41 PM »
Fletch smiled at Fox and looked ahead at the returning Amas. She felt relaxed though she would love to stretch her legs and run. Her activity over this day had not been great and so she felt restless though in a content matter. She paced back to their shelter and transformed into a fox the only remenant of her previous shape the pouch which once more as always hung about her neck on thin leather thonging.

She walked past Amas and Fox throwing them a foxy grin incviting them to come if they want, then with a small leap she jumped into a run. Her fleet paws carried her far and swiftly with little noise and no mistakes. She soon found herself by another river. It's waters were faster flwoing then the last and it had a smell of salt, the coast must be close she realises dipping her head and tasting it's waters testily.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2004, 09:38:29 PM »
Never one to be left behind, Fox chased after Fletch as she bounded away, her feet a blur of black fur, tail held high in the air. He paced, not to outrun her, but moreso to follow. He was again possessed by her vixen nature, and would likely follow her until the vanished into the ocean.

He nuzzled her shoulder, and the nape of her neck in a manner that was partially playful, and not quite aggressive. It was the awkward gesture of an adolescent not quite sure of himself, but still nervy enough to try in spite of the matter. Abashed, he hopped away, and non-chalantly dipped his own head to take a drink from the stream.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2004, 11:35:40 PM »
Amas watched the two run off shaking his head, youth a fountain that ran out all to quick he thought.  He shifted some of the gear around and found what he was looking for a boxy looking piece of equipment with a large sight box and a square shaped opening.  A ManPack Ion Cannon one of his more illegal weapons in the arsenal concealed in durasteel crates of the his ship's wreckage.  He opened another crate and removed a small cone with a series of lights.  He turned the bottom of it a quarter right to activate and the lights pulsed as a homing singnal was emitted.  Amas smiled and looked at the small poratble scanner staked in his ground on his left.  Showed a blip of red slowly moving down to wear he was.  "Come on you son of sarsanatch come to Amas."  

In the sky appeared a red streak that quickly becamed the boxy craft of an Infantry Lifter.  "This'll teach you to mess with a bountyhunter, dum rent-a-cops."  He sighted the ship and tracked it carefullt until it was less than two thousand feet above ground then let loose with the Ion Cannon.  A lighting blue blast issuesed forth from the maw and struck the ship cascading all over in bluish arcs.  The lights on the ship sputtered and died it sailed to the ground like the metal armored box it was and hit the ground.  Even from Amas could feel the earthquake he flipped on som magnifiers and saw the ship was mostly intact.  A few fixes and they would be out of here.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2004, 08:41:03 AM »
Fletch could hear his soft feet following behind her as she increased her speed, a challange that Fox seemed to hardly notice as he followed swiftly behind at an unchanging lope. When she was drining he had roughly rubbed at her neck and shoulder, a gesture that she did not fail to understand to some point. Her golden eyes caught his before he let his head down to the water to drink.

With a sly grin she leapt at him not waiting for him to stop drinking. She hit her head softly against his shoulder almost unbalancing him. She leapt back almost immediately circling him with a grin that could be mistaken for nothing else than a laughing joy. Then with head lowered submissively she nuzzled under his chin her glance directed upwards to his eyes, a sorrowful expression on her vulpine features. Something much more human than a fox could warrant.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2004, 11:56:40 AM »
Fox was enthralled, he had never encountered anything, or anyone so captivating in her charm, and as wrapped in mystery and magnificence as this vixen. He had always had an intuitive sense of what something was going to do, its smell or its posture, there were always dozens of tell-tale signs of intent that he could notice. But this vixen was able to confound him, as predictable as the weather in the passage of a week.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2004, 11:28:52 PM »
Fletch watched him wondering on his thoughts but did not intrude. She walked a few paces away instinctively flattened to the ground as a loud boom reverberated around the clearing, the river carrying the sound in an eerie echo. SHe knew this sound though she had heard something like it but once before. Either this was Amas's doing, or the people who were following Amas. Seconds later the ground shook as something of immense weight collided with it.

She looked at Fox and hurried to his side not so much in a wanting to be protected manner but more of a protective manner. The fur at the base of her neck stood upright and her fragile and delicate legs trembled slightly, her tail tucked underneath her. We must go see if that was Amas she communicated with him using mindspeak, wondering if he would respond in her mind, something he had yet to do, her mind voice carrying a hint of sadness.

She looked up the pathway then back at the clearing regretfully. It seemed nothing could be simple these days where foreigners ravaged the land and blasts in the sky were seemingly as common as the sun rising each morning.

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2004, 06:44:04 AM »
Fox stood as if pole-axed. The vixen, Fletch, had sent her voice into his mind. It was soft and sweet even though it was tinted heavily with anxiety and a small amount of fear. He didnt know how to respond other than to follow her back to where the sound came from.

They came upon a furrow in the earth where something had come down, ripping aside trees and grass, stones and dirt until it came to a stop some distance from them. It was another of the flying metal caves. No doubt Amas was the source of this. Fox was curious to know how the human proved both so resourceful, and cunning when most other humans could be unnerved by a few broken branches, or scratching at wood.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2004, 08:42:41 AM »
Amas came over a low rise not far from them a pistol in his hand and he had a couple of small tools tucked into a ultility belt, he nodded to the foxes, no boubt his friends.  He picked a cautious path to the ship, when he got to the door he placed a small black code breaker over the digital panel and let the machine coxe the code out of the ship's computer. In a few seconds the door opened and Amas hurled a stun grenade inside.  He stepped back from the edge of the doorway as the flash bang grenade went off then he rushed inside.

Most of the troops were dead in theier harnesses and the pilto from the concussion blast of crash landing. "Hmm no shields I'll need to ammend that. But the small craft did have an FTL drive and was capable of sublight take off again so that was good.  Amas dragged the bodies of the dead out of the ship.  Eleven in all, leaving them lined up outside the woods he tossed all their weapons into one pile.  A rather sick looking collection of assault rifles and heavy weapons.  He pulled a laser rifle with a collasible stock out to take as salvage then checked out the ship.  

"It's pretty much good to go, I was able to strip out the shield generators from my old ship so I'll need to bring those over here and install them, but other than that, this ship isn't in too bad of shape.  It's got nice armor and good set of legs on her, proably handles like crap but nothing I can do about that.  Watch her while I get the shield gens."

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2004, 09:36:15 AM »
Fletch sat up straight watching the ship then glancing at the bodies of the crew members. How many would wake to find their comrades dead she wondered. Though she knew they were partly the cause of all of their concerns she couldn't help but feel a small niggling of sympathy for them despite her intial anger.

She looked at Fox once again probing his mind with her voice. "DO you want to learn? It is easy...most learn to mind speak before they can talk with their mouths...the mind is quicker than the physical motions". She lay down lazily before the entrance of the ship looking at it's metallic surface shining dully in the sunshine. WHen she looked back at Fox she couldn't help but take in his form, strong and commanding. And his mind so shar although concealed behind the vulpine features for so mnay years. He caught her looking and she looked away slightly embarrassed though she knew it was far past that.

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2004, 01:02:07 PM »
Fox bobbed his head, mimicking human gestures that seemed odd in his vulpine form. It was astounding to him how little he knew when such a short time ago he felt himself wise beyond all the animals and humans he had encountered.

He turned his head away from her, struggling with the concept of forming the human words in his mind, or was it the sound of the voice, his was used so little he didnt know it. His eyes played across the line of dead bodies, each completely slack in the fresh paw of death. The sight was appalling even to him, though he spared no love for humans. They were clumsey, and damaging, but they were no more evil that the wolf, or the bear. Just...well Human was all.

There seemed to be no evil in these humans, no smell of malice or corruption that played across the pores of some that drew breath. He sniffed at the wind and let his attention draw back to Fletch.

I smell taste no evil he sent awkwardly, lacking the word to describe the combined senses of smell and taste that to most animals so closely intertwined as to be inseperable.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2004, 12:11:30 AM »
Amas returned fifeteen minutes later with a small carborator like device that was about the size of a wagon wheel.  He used an arc welder to get access to the shield assembly, extricated the burnt out system and tossed it on the ground.  Then carefully he allinged the cradle to accept the shield type he had with them.  He loved these combat transports they were so easy to repair, with another ten minutes of careful work he got the shield generator back in place and welded the hull plate back on.  He hopped back down, "I'm not sure whether you two want to come with me, but you'd both be good in a fight.  Why don't you both come with me, heck you can get off this little mudball and see the galaxy a little. So what do ya say?"

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2004, 07:31:32 AM »
OOC: Mudball, slimy...my home this is

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2004, 10:11:09 PM »
(OOC: Sounds like a renovators dream, :lol:)

"I understand" she said in response to Fox's earlier statement. "I cannot smell it so much either...but maybe this is because they are dead" she queried looking at the bodies before turning away from the distasteful sight.

Amas had then given them an invitation to accompany him on his travels.
Fletch looked around her and to Fox then back at Amas. She had no want to leave the world behind, but as Amas had helped her she knew she by rights should help him to. And if this meant traveling with him and aiding in his personal battles she would agree. However, she would not leave now without Fox. She looked back at the ship before them and then back to Fox her face passive and unpreturbed though her mind whirled. Will you go? she asked him.

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #191 on: November 17, 2004, 08:35:48 AM »
"I am already far from my home, but I am no longer alone." Fox sent, more competent this time, less gangly and awkward. If he was anything, he was a fast learner. "Great trouble awaits us in human affairs, but if you would go I would follow."

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #192 on: November 17, 2004, 09:59:49 PM »
Fletch dipped her head softly. No longer alone. He was right. She looked to Amas unsure whther he would perceive her mind message so with a small repluctant shiver she transformed. "We will go" she said to him confidently. Then walking to the small cave thye had rested by she dressed quickly in her clothes, modestly pulling the shirt over her head in an awkward fashion. "We should go in this form Fox" she said looking at the ship. "The chairs do not hold us in so well in our Vulpine forms". She looked to Amas for confirmation.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #193 on: November 17, 2004, 11:29:22 PM »
Amas eyes did't a kinda flinch when Fletch went from fox to human right in front of him.  It repulsed him but at the same time he found it incredibly attractive. "Eh, yeah, no one really had Foxs in mind when they built troop transports. Come on the sooner were out of here the better." The one thing about Ion Cannons that made em dead useful for outlaws and pirates alike was the knocked out all of the ships electrical systems but without permantly damaging a highly valued piece of equipment. He waited for them to change, traveling in an troop transport was rough they weren't made for the leisure of civilians.  He would have to help them strap in hope they didn't barf. He grabbed a flight suit from the cockpit and changed into it, he stowed his guns in a storage compartment, and reappeared.  He stepped out to see, so he could correctly to adjust the setting that would keep him awake while flying.  The cockpit had no inertia compensator unlike the troop hold.  The flight suit was critical for him but not neccesary for the others.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2004, 07:25:45 AM »
Fletch nodded picking up some other clothes that lay on the ground. LOoking aorund she walked over to a small plant goriwng by the rock wall, a type of flower somewhere between a daisy and a rose. She plucked it carefully smelling it appreciatively. She put it in the pouch at her neck with a submissive dip of her head. She was interested in these other worlds, but who knew when she would return here? Then facing Fox she said, "You heard the man". She gave him a smile and held the clothes out casually. "This ship will fly well?" she asked Amas with a raised eyebrow. "It did fall to the ground forma height didn't it?".

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2004, 08:10:31 PM »
"Yeah but you haven't looked in the troop hold yet it's not as big as it is inside than outside.  There's about a foot of armor between the outer hull and inside, they use these things on planetary troop drops against live anti-air fire they pretty sturdy.  Two thousand feet isn't that much especially into dirt and mud not concrete."

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2004, 08:35:16 PM »
These two knew many words and concepts that meant nothing to him. What was a thousand, what was concrete? Fox wondered as he shifted into the gangly homid form, complete with wild mass of unshaven facial hair. He donned the spare clothing alotted to him, and looked inside the metal cave. He didnt like it a bit, whatever protection it had offered was minimal, the previous occupants had died inside of it, what would save them?

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2004, 06:58:27 AM »
Fletch nodded and walked into the ship at once noting Amas's descrition had been very correct. She thought the same as Fox and hoped it did more for them than it's previous occupants. Sh emsiled at him now in his human form walkiing awkwardly, his face shrouded in wiry and unkempt hair. She looked upon him fondly then stepped furhter inside to it's shadows when a sensor light feelingher approch switched on filling the hulk of metal with a yellowish light. SHe stepped towards a chair, it's straps open a small amoutn of blood on the dash before it. She grimaced at it and looked towards Fox and Amas for reassurance. HOwever Fox looked as bewildered and unsure as herself.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2004, 07:57:37 PM »
"Don't mind that too much, Amas grabbed a rag and wiped away the blood and threw it outside. Here, Fletch sit here."  He helped her strap in, "Now if you or Fox barf use the vauccum hose there.  He held up a limp hollow tube. The gravity forces will be pretty strong but don't unstrap yourself, you'll bounce around here like a Rishian toddler toy and probaly end up hurt or dead.  Same to you Fox,"

Amas helped Fox in then strapped him in next to Fletch, "You guys sure about this, once I power these engines up, their going to spot us no problem and I ain't slowing down for a second."

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2004, 09:37:51 PM »
Fletch shrugged. "We dont have much choice now besides...we agreed to come, and so well we are coming...vomiting or not..hopefully the latter...what this tube has to do with it I dont know but i'll take your word for it". She let it fall back to it's holster like reel and looked aorund the straps feeling veyr uncomfortable and restraining. "You sure these things are suppossed to be so tight?" she inquired giving them an experimental wriggle and finally putting hee hand under one of them and loosening it a fraction so it's didn't cut into her collar bone.

The air inside the ship was cool at least, though it didn't smell very inviting. Mostly like oxidised wire and strange glues-though it wasn't for her to identify them as such as they surely only smelt strange to her nose. "How long will will be flying?" she said asking yet another question. "And alos, should we fall to earth like the previous users of this..ship..will we not laos die?". She said now beginning t get nervous.