llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: ~Shades of Grey~  (Read 21689 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • http://www.geocities.com/sweet_as_a_nightmare/index.html
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2004, 05:13:12 AM »
Fletch looked upwards noting the stone Fox touched. It had a shiny appearance and she was surprised to have never seen in it before. Perhaps the ore it was made of was uncommon to her own hunting grounds. She sat underneath the ledge with the others, looking at Amas slightly concerned for he still hasdn't woken, which as of yet may have been a blessing for him. Callista also looked weak and weary and Fletch dipped a cloth in the remaining water, passing it to her so she could bathe her cut cheek. She massaged her bruised shoulder tentatively, before washing it carefully to remove any grime from the shallow abrasions.

She leant back against a more flat peice of the natural landform and rested her head against it her eyes closed. How could so much happen in one day? she pondered, the blackness in beneath her lids swirling in a most unnerving manner. She opened her eyes again and felt for Amas's wrist, checking the pulsing of his life blood. It was fairly strong for his condition, she could only reason that the special clothes he had been wearing had taken some of the impact.

Fletch looked out into the skjy where the sky was beginning to darken, crimson clouds spreading across it like blood stains and the sun sinking ever lower as if being eaten by the coming of the cold night. The night is for hunting, she thought animaly beofre examining her hands, so much more fragile than the soft paws of a fox.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2004, 07:43:48 AM »
Amas woke ten minutes later.  Some of the pain had ebbed away, but alot of it was shouting in his nervous system.  Sending screams from his back to hsi nervous center.  Amas grunted.  

He looked aorund, Fletch was playing the role of doctor rather effectively.  Callista was beside while Fox seemed to examine something out of view. Amas grinned a little, "So any chance I can get a sip or two of water my thorat is parched?"  His voice was stronger, the fact the he could crack a grin alone was a show that he was recovering quickly.  You didn't survive thirtteens years as a bountyhunter by not being tough. Amas could think of times he'd been hurt worse than this but only one or two.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2004, 09:56:35 AM »
Fletch smiled as Amas came to. He was brave not to cry out shge thought, she had seen men of little less calibre do just that with less injuries than he had sustained.

She nodded and picked up the small pail like container that held the water. She tipped it gently to his mouth allowing him to take deep sips from it to whet his throat and lips. She had added a little of some herbs to the water which she knew would relieve some of the pain he would be feeling. She wanted to examine his back and ensure the cloth was not sticking to it, but better wait until he was asleep again.

She was surprised also at his cheery mood, for it was the first real show of happy emotion she had seen from him that was not tainted with a hurried irritation. Yet this was the most relaxing situation they had found themselves in. She looked across at Fox now satisified that her patient (so to speak) was doing well she wished to continue their earlier conversation, but thought it best to lave it to their disgression.
~I dont go looking for trouble. But with me trouble never waits for the asking, it nearly alwasy gallops halfway to meet me~

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2004, 09:39:59 PM »
'Thanks," Amas muttered, he was going to say a little more but the drug's effects shoved back out of consciousness.  He had never liked drugs that mich they always ruined his sleeping pattern.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2004, 09:51:49 PM »
Fletch moved quickly once Amas was unconcious. She pushed him onto his good side and used her knee to hold him there whislt she checked the makshift bandages. It seemed it was all well for they were not sticking to the wound but were drawing any toxin from it, ensuring when the wound wept it would not become infected. She let him roll back on to his previous position and bathed his brow with a damp cloth, alos made from the calico looking shirt.

The ledge above them provided a kind of roof and it was well protected from the wind and elements. Fox had been clever in finding it. Passing the damp rag to Callista she indicated for her to sit by Amas incase he woke and needed anything. She sauntered over to fox rubbing her bare arm, cold now devoid of fur. "Amas will be okay" she informed him watching him carefully. He had been very nearly silent whislt Amas was being tended to.

She stood next to him examinign the rocks he was intrigued by.When he cut his finger she took it in her hands and wiped the blood from it pressing down on the cut to staunch it's bloodflow though it appeared to be deep she knew finger always bled overly much, accustomed too alot of blood flow. She looked up at him casually saying, "Do you think it would be wise to light a small fire? We can live without thanks to our fur, but the others will need it...". She did not like using fire, a weapon that could destroy both predator and prey, it could not be controlled, but she knew that it could be contained somewhat on a rocky surface like the cav Fox had found, and both Amas and Callista were too scantily clothed to spend a night in the cold without blankets.

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2004, 11:09:56 PM »
"You can make fire, like the other two-legs can?" Fox asked, feeling rather inadequate around this female who seemed so much more worldly and knowledgeable than he. It was just this morning that he had been the most cunning and knowing creature in his world, outsmarting two-legs, and driving them from his domain. Now, he was lost and not a little frightened.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2004, 08:52:57 AM »
Fletch nodded, "I can" she said confirming it verbally. "I can teach you?" she asked with the smallest of smiles as she chose two peices of stick and a little peice of dry out roots which appeared o tbe like a kind of net of tangled brush. She his hands in hers looking into his eyes before looking down at the two sticks and guiding his hands ground one stick into the other, the pecie of dried brush in between. "Rubbing them together makes them get hot" she explained simply. When they get hot enough, the roots will begin to burn and we can make it bigger until it is a fire..". The friction between the sticks and brush had increased to a state now where it was beginning to let off small tendrils of smoke. She let his hands go gently. "But for now there is no point until we have some wood ot add to it". She looked around, they would have to scour the forest.

She rubbed her upper arms again more out of self-conciousness than anything, her hands searching for something to do. Their whole world had changed, not one thing would remain consant or so it seemed. Fletch looked over at Callista who was sitting by Amas. "I will go for wood". She looked at Fox and transformed easily, four legs instead of two pawing the gouond eagerly, the wild instinct stronger now to run and hunt. She was unused to knowing things others did not and it filled her with a kind of responsibility, to be needed was a great thing indeed.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2004, 06:05:36 PM »
Amas came out of his drug induced sleep later in the evening. The pain he felt ealier had reduced itself to a minor keeing in the back of his head.  Callista was dozing serenly at his side and Fox appeared to catch a quick nap. Fletch appeared to be out foraging.  Amas carefuly stepped out the rock formation, his back protested minorly but he was used to enduring pain.  He edged out carefully he gaxed watchful at the sky, the destroyer nor any of it's fighters could be spotted in the night sky.

Amas deemed it safe enough to check out the ruins of his ship. A quick fourteen minute walk to the bomb blasted clearing and the remains of his ship.  One half was entirely gone in it's place was nothing but a crater.  Luckiy enough the dampners had contained the blast to rear of the ship.  Leavin the front half surgicaly cut away from the implosion of the reactor.  

Amas made his away over to the wreckage, the rear end was a slagged minorly from the unshielded missle hit.  But the ramp had been blown away so Amas carefully made his into the charred remains of the ship.  The interior was a mess anything that hadn't locked up in a packing crate was dust.  But as a testement to the packing companies, his crates of equipement were virtualy untouched except for carbon scoring.  The running lights still functioned even.  Amas keyed one open and removed a set of boxers padded pants and combat boots.  He put them on quickly then grabbed four warm wool blankets that were a flat military green, and a field medical kit.  Amas couldn't carry anything more.  He made his way back to the rocky encampment, almost an hour later.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2004, 09:02:06 PM »
Fletch had wandered for a time through the close set trees in the form of a fox. The scentes were strong and somewhere in the mellody of scents lay the charred and burnt smells of the brunt ship. She transformed once more into humanoid form to gather some wood for the fire. She carried it back to the camp noting the absence of Amas. It obviously meant he was healing much more quickly than she anticipated, she only hoped he wasn't overdoing it. No doubt he had gone to see to the charred remains of his ship, see what could be salvaged.

Fletch dropped the wood beside one wall and looked over to Callista. She wondered where she was form, who she had been before this attack, who had anyone been? Where had they been headed? She sat down making a small fire pile with the sticks in a circular structure, putting the dryest wood clsestr to where the flame would begin. Fox seemed to be hidden for the moment for she couldn't see him. He had been very quiet since their abrupt return.

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2004, 07:38:24 AM »
Fox crested the ridge and was able to get a better survey of the land. It was rocky and rough, not much like the forest where he had been living, but it was not lacking in food or water. He could see the ruined hulk of the flying metal cave, and suspected that it wouldnt be flying any more. The bounty hunter...Amas, seemed to be in better health, and Fletch had gone off to hunt for wood.

Ah, but curiosity was not content to let him sleep curled up next to the she-elf. He had been moving at a fast trot, catching the scent of the game trails and finding two small cold streams, one small enough he could hop across and not get his feet wet. Temporarily satisfied, Fox came down the ridge to see what was going on in the cave.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2004, 08:23:23 PM »
"I managed some things for the cold, and some proper medicals at least." He drapped a blanket over Callista, he wasn't sure whether fox wanted one his fur looked pretty warm.  He smiled at Fletch, "Here can you give me a hand with this I'm still not that limber, he handed her almost an exact copy of the device used to heal Callista in the medical lab."

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2004, 09:29:19 PM »
Fletch gave a smile and nodded, "I can ". She took the device and using it how Amas had shown her in the ship (temper that he was in then) she used it to watch once more amazed at the rapidness at which the flesh grew and knit together and healed all at once.

She smiled and gave the metallic object back to him, "These are amazing things" she said appreciateively, "much quicker than herbs and a mortar and pestle" she pointed out with a smile. She smiled over at Fox who had returned and gave a cheeky kind fo wave. The difference in her attitude and seriousness had changed dramatically, finding she could no more control what happened aroud her than she could make the sun shine when the moon filled the sky had taught her to take things as they come. She was not as powerful as she had imagined, which in itself was a good thing. Her people had been wrong she thought happily. Justice in a way had been served.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2004, 09:49:17 PM »
Amas stretched an incredible sense of relief flowed through, "Thank you."  He removed one last thing that had been wrapped in the blankets something that he failed to mention.  A large DX-2 combat pistol. He unraveled the blanket and strapped the holster and gun on. "Hm knew something wasn't right for a while. One thing I leanred in my profession was to carry as many surprises as your enemy could guess and a few more after that."  Amas wrapped the blanket around himself and sat near the fire, "Guess we can see what's left of the wreck tomorrow, then if were lucky we might salvage some navigation components and the fighter wreck didn't look to bad when it went down and I don't remember it blowing up if we can salvage enough stuff I might be able to work something out that could get us off this work."

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2004, 08:28:05 AM »
She walked over to Fox, her every movement seemingly relaxed. When she sat down beside him she gave a smile and looked back the way he had come before tracing her eyes back to his. "Would you like to talk now? It all seems fairly quiet. Amas's tools have helped him again and Callista sleeps. We have time...if you wish it" she said suddenly hesitating. She had been going to leave it for another time but she was overly impatient with the lull in the excitement and it had been a long time since she had met someone so similar to herself.

She waited to see if he would transform. IN doing so she lay down on using one arm behind her head as a substitute for a pillow.

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2004, 01:41:01 PM »
Fox let the ripple of shape changing flow over him. He had not changed so many times in a year as he had in this short span of time. He sat down on the ground, and looked at her with a strange intensity, one that the human-born never have, but particular to the animal born who were never taught manners, or rudeness.

"I would like to talk more." he said. "I think you are attractive." he said after a moment.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2004, 03:27:09 PM »
Amas grinned a little then grabbed a blanket and let the two alone, he climbed up top the rock edifice.  He scanned the stars above trying to search out some trace of a ship.  He only hoped that he didn't expend the rest of his life on this little back water world.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2004, 10:03:55 PM »
Fletch laughed lightly at Fox's awkward statement, not in an insulting manner but simply because his words had provoked a feeling of joy. Sheblushed slighlty, Something that was a rare occurance for the normally proud and dignified woman. "Thankyou...". She didn't know what else to say in reply to his comment. "You too are attractive, and you learn so quickly what it took me years to learn. To be honest I am a little envious". She smiled again watching the man who stared at her with the amazing expression of a fox although it was a humans face to be sure.

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2004, 07:23:11 AM »
"Ever since the first, I have wanted to know, there have been all of the these questions in my head, so many that they would get all jumbled up until they were like a nest of hornets. I would have to run until my head was clear again, chase out the hornets. I...spied on some of the two-legs before running them off...they spoke of the woods as haunted by the Fae, others said it was a monster that drank blood, but it was me they were talking about. I wanted to know if I was a monster...am I? I feel like me...Fox, but Two-Legs Fox." His eyes moved rapidly, and he moved his hands vigourously as he spoke.

"The werewolves are monsters, yes, but I am not one of them, I cannot make the two leg wolf shape and I do not hunt the humans for fun or sport. I might be fae, but I just dont know. I have wondered if there were others, or was I alone, why all of the other foxes were different, why they could tell i was different from them. Am I like Amas? He is strange to me, first attacking, and then helping, and then the flying metal cave, and everything blowing up like thunder on the water!"

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2004, 08:10:34 AM »
Fletch gave a sad smile. There was so much confusion, so much to explain, and even then she herself could not understand it all.

"We are all fae to others that cannot understand, does Amas not seem fae to you? He does to me, though his hand seems serious it is fair...but without moving off on a tangent you are you, as you said...you are not a monster, and you are not alone. If the humans saw me they would think me to also be a monster, although for the most part the humans I have dealt with, accept us because they wish to use our powers to better their own positions". She lokoed at the ground befor elooking back up at him and taking his agitatedly moving hands into her own, "You are not alone". She let some time pass before she continued hoping the delberate silence would allow him to think and let her words sink in. "The other Foxes knew you were different because you are, it is an unexplainable fact...".

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2004, 06:23:48 PM »
Amas watched the stars for a while he really couldn't tell his eyes were too tired. He curled up with the warm blanket and fell asleep to the whispered words of Fletch and Fox.  His dreams were ghastly, flashes of different snippets over his life, most of the kill she had made were repressed very deeply that they never bothered him much.  

But the relative change of heart in the alst few days and busted the mental wound wide open when he gave into emotions of compassion of mercy, you couldn't just repress one emotion without loosing the others, same way when you felt emotion again all it's different kinds came with it.  

Amas dreamed flashes of that he fighting the victims he had murdered and each time he killed one another rose in it's place till it became him in a soup of fog and the dead would rush at him out from the mists no matter how many times he killed and mauled them.  Disturbed sleep to say the least.  There was a flash of a pale skinned many with a sword of red lgiht then he woke up in a cold sweat hours later.  

Amas sat there till morning keeping a frightful vigil.

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #170 on: September 30, 2004, 04:24:09 AM »
Fox and Fletch talked long into the night, their voices low so as to not disturb the bounty hunter. The man seemed afflicted by bad dreams as he slept, he made the soft sounds of protest and sometimes twitched. Eventually he made his way into the back of the overhang, dragging up one of the blankets, and reverting to his true vulpine form. He curled up inside of the blanket and was warm, almost to the delicious point of being hot. He would see what new surprises morning brought. Hopefully the next passage of the sun would be less dramatic than the previous.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2004, 10:55:19 AM »
Fletch had followed Fox's lead, transforming into her vulpine form. But rather than retreat into warm blanket she sat almsot like a carved statue at the cave's opening and unreadable expresion on her whskered face. Her eyes shone bright and the occasional cleansing lick to her fur was he ronly movement. Amas had dissappeaed and she hoped the quiet yet kindly man was okay. Callista still dreamt on and Fletch wondered if she hadn't seriously wounded herself the day of the large attack.

FInally she let her head rest on her forepaws and gave small snuff from her snout moving the dusty cave floor in small billows about her nose. Fox was strange, and yet beautiful she mused. For he lacked the hate and opression of others. Nothing had yet marred his soul and he had no prejudics only an inclination to learn more of those around him.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2004, 05:48:31 PM »
As the morning sun peeped into view between the evergreen trees that surronded the rockly conclave, Amas has a quick breakfast of MRE's then gathered his equipment and went to check out the his wrecked ship.  He jogged there, it felt good to run again.  The ship had cooled off a great deal since being shot down.  

Slowly and tediously he brought all the cargo crates out, one held more costumes of clothes.  A second held a mess of electronics, power tracking beacons, electronic countermeasures, sensors, an all situation tool-kit, and a variety of tools for metal working.  The third crate contained a variety of weapons, six grenades, a fold out rifle, three concealable pistols, and a variety of power packs, and ammunition.  The last crate contained the damaged components of his armor from the venture his first day here.  A nice haul to say the least, perhaps something that he could finally put a ship together from the scrap of two downed fighters and the wreck here.  If he could find a relatively undamaged powerplant he might be able to pull something off.  

Upon investigation of the forward compartment and cockpit revealed most of the electronics intact, controls and the forward fusalage need only minor patching and if he mated it to the rear of another craft he could find some struts to reinforce the parts, it might be space worthy with some repulsor coils.

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2004, 07:05:17 AM »
All of the bouty hunters activity fascinated Fox, he followed the hunter around, at a discrete distance, taking time to sniff everything he pulled out of the wreckage. Some things repelled him quickly, smelling acrid, oily, or otherwise foul. Others held his attention, with more normal smells that he associated with the two-legs. It was hard to imagine that he could become one, even with that ability his for years.

The hunter seemed optomistic, determined.

Offline ~Fletch~

• Adept
    • Awards
~Shades of Grey~
« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2004, 12:17:32 PM »
Fletch had not slept much but depite this she felt relaxed and refreshed from the other days happenings. The sun was shining and it seemed that Amas had been pleased with his findings of the crash site. Callista was quiet and sat by herself though she emanated no want for company, and Fox was busily following Amas, stealthily sniffing all he came across. Several times she giggled to herself as he withdrew his snout back sharply from some of the sharp and vile smells the mechanical matter exumed.