llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello, everyone.  (Read 3071 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline crazylittleelf

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« on: August 06, 2004, 07:42:06 AM »
Hello.  I  just wanted to introduce myself, as a new member of the forums.  This site is an amazing resource and I'm very glad to have found it.

I've been gaming for quite a while now, and just recently stepped behind the DM screen for the first time.  I'm running a 3.5 D&D (first 3.5 game for most of my players.  We stuck to 2nd edition for a long time) based in a homegrown world that's just on the verge of industrialism.  It's been going well, but we've been thrown for a loop recently when one of the players moved away.  We'll recover, but it's sort sad to have lost him.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to participating here.  There aren't a lot of gamers in the town where I live.  Most are in my gaming group already so it' not really an option to discuss ideas with them, since they might wind up having to play them.  It will be nice to be able to interact with like-minded people.  :)

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 08:22:26 AM »
"Aaah, welcome, my psychotic elven friend!" A horribly clichèd black-robed figure steps ominously from the shadows, his monotonous voice pausing for a moment whilst he peers this newcomer up and down. "You may call me... Shadoweagle. T'is always to see newcomers in this place. Allow me to be the first to welcome you. Things to beware of include Grog-soaked grass. Penguins in Pirate gear. Flying grog barrels. Antlered squirrels... Er, you'd want to be especially wary of those. Theres a talking one in here who keeps proclaiming he owns this place..." The man shakes his head as though in utter bafflement before blinking, "Oh, and you may eventually notice that some people in this place are not exactly what you or I would call 'sane'." On that note, Shadoweagle turns and begins walking in the opposite direction, incoherently muttering something about page 43 of a dictionary, three cups of creaming soda with silly-straws in them and combining those ingredients as part of a scheme of global domination.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »
A middle aged man wearing a tattered brown robe sits in the corner of the citadel Taverna, his head against the wall. As you enter he smiles and nods. "Welcome Stranger" he says before he once again drifts into thoughts about his upcoming campaign.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 05:45:16 PM »
A man made lights, curved like a string of lustrous pearls around the neck of an exotic Dhampiri princess, showing the way towards a black hump-backed shadow rising out of the undulating land.
And behind its bulk must be the sea for Michael could already scent the salt tang.
Michael took his place beside Ancient Gamer, trying to get the man involved in a game of stones. Then suddenly, without warning he he cries;
"Ah new face, welcome!!!!"
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline crazylittleelf

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 04:30:53 PM »
The thin young woman with messy blond hair looks up from the pile of scrolls and books she has gathered around her to return the greetings.  She tucks her bare feet under her and goes back to her reading, taking notes on a sheet of parchment titled "good ideas."  Her green eyes sparkle in the low light and she smiles mischievously to herself.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 04:55:15 PM »
I always said that it is handy to have a crazy little elf around.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2004, 07:19:47 PM »
A fellow elf walks up to the new-comer her long chesnut locks flowing gently behind her. Her granny smith green apple eyes twinkle as her lip crinkles into a moon shaped smile. " Hello dear one my name is Adel. I greet you with great welcome. I hope that you will enjoy your stay. May it be productive! We may strike you as odd company but I assure you we are all harmless, creative, and friendly." Adel offers her hand in a sign of welcome. " Put her there partner!" :wink:
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 12:40:37 PM »
The darkness shrouds a tall, young girl standing in the corner, wearing a long black cloak, listening with intent to every word spoken, she steps a few paces forwards into the light, her long glossy black hair bouncing on her back as she walked over to the table, she bent down looking in each direction before speaking in a slow, but raspy voice "Welcome, Its always nice to see newcomers, I hope you settle in nicely. We may not all be sane, but believe me, we are all as nice as each other, i hope you enjoy staying here, and i hope you make lots of new friends" without another glance, she strode out the door, and down a dark alleyway pulling her hood over her head.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 11:04:21 PM »
Cal, that was so much better! I understood everything you said you write very well! :wink: (good discriptions)
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline D'hui

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 05:38:19 AM »
Yet another elf turns up to say hello, but can't quite pluck up the nerve and sends a small imp to do it instead.
(Don't worry - the imp's harmless.)
I thought therefore I was, but then YOU started thinking and that really put me off.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2004, 12:58:18 PM »
"I must confess, I am one of the very few humans here," A plain looking man wearing small round spectacles, and carrying an armload of books, maps and scrolls says.

"My name is Scrasamax, most here call me Scras. I am something of a linguists, military historian, and researcher of arcane, and philantropic lore. You are in good company, provided you have no aversion to the many penguins, ale soaked and otherwise, who wander the halls here. We will occassion into a shouting match or two here, but we are all friends, or at least I think we are."

"If you will excuse me," he says with a slight bow, as much as can be managed with an armload of papers and books, "I bid you welcome, albeit a late one, to the Citadel. Now I must go and finish my treatise on the value of good equitation in the execution of a flanking maneauver...have you any horses?"

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 05:43:49 PM »
Interested in a game of stones scras?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 10:15:52 PM »
I always have time for a game of stones Michael. Fascinating game really.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 11:57:46 AM »
I do try my best  :) but then again i am not as good as you Adel
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 06:13:11 PM »
Hmmm...
Missing five days is not advisable in this site.
How's about I give you a tardy welcome?
Hiya.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 09:48:46 AM »
What do you want to be Scras? Black or white?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 10:19:37 AM »
I think I will play the white stones, all too often I am the black sheep so how about a change?

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 12:34:09 PM »
Your move then, but maybe we should move the game to another area so we do not interfere to much with this welcome post :D
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline crazylittleelf

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 12:35:31 PM »
*watches the game intently, peering out from the shadows*

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2004, 02:30:58 AM »
A lightly bearded man clad in a tattered black coat and reeking of stale ale,strolls in merrily, before calling out a friendly greeting to the little elf in the corner. ''Hey there,my little elven friend. Let me introduce myself to you. I am Maggot, the outcast whom  every one turns their noses up at,though I cannot for the life of me, say why. Ale  does have a charming smell. I do hope you aren't as stuck up as most of the other elves I've encountered in my travels. For some reason,they always turned  away a hungry,tired wayfarer like myself and with arrows pointed at me, no less!Honestly,from their reaction you'd think I was some low life beggar or bandit..''
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2004, 07:39:06 PM »
Mag being of Elf blood myself I am shocked at such an accusation!

Really we aren't all that bad! :lol:
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2004, 04:33:25 PM »
*summons up the Predators to hunt down Maggot*

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2004, 09:28:56 PM »
:D Thats right Capn' you call up that Penguin Patrol!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2004, 09:34:07 PM »
Sure, Penguin Patrol...
*eyes dart around shiftily as a Predator hunt-ship zooms overhead*

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Hello, everyone.
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2004, 05:56:49 AM »
Maggot throws himself behind a table and begins pleading with the elven maid Adel and Captain Penguin,to spare his miserable life.'' Arrhgh! Mercy good sir and lady!I only spoke thus from ignorance and not out of malice. How will I be able to repent if your vicious hounds tear me to bits?!''
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©