llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Rhur Corell] OOC talk, rules and complains  (Read 10849 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
[Rhur Corell] OOC talk, rules and complains
« on: July 21, 2004, 07:12:40 PM »
The rules: Dont kill any NPCs or PCs without consulting me and the PC first. Dont describe what you do, describe what your character is trying to do. In other words, be a good roleplayer!

A few notes before we beginn.

We are in times that could be compared to the medevil(no gun powder). Your character cannot use magic! Even though magic might exist.
The PCs has to be humans also, though this does not count for the NPCs.

You will recive info on things only your character knows or has seen etc through PMing or other means. Please do not use OOC chat within the game!  

Background on your character- She/he has been given a package and a bag of money by a mysterious man. They have been told to go to a sacred place named Rhur in the forest Corell. Here they will meet three others, each carrying a package of their own. Their packages seen toghether will reveal the task at hand.

I will write the rules clearly so there wont be any misunderstandings!

Rules

1.Do not advance the story if there are matters at hand wich need to be taken care of!!!

2. Dont kill anything without my permission, if its a NPC or a PC this rule stands even stronger!!

3. If there is a city or anything else that you want to mention, dont make up a name and post it without consulting me first. *This has been done,
but no problems so far. Its just a safety net!

4. Use your logic,... dont go hunting diurnal animals during the night!

5. If someone has asked a question to another PC, it would be nice for that PC to answer before the story moves on. If somebody doesnt post for a while and we are anxious to get on. I will shape the story.

6. see last sentence of number5, If a character does not show up for 5 days and we need that character it will become a NPC until the player gets back! If you you are going to be away for more than 5 days, you can PM me and we will work something out!

7. My word is law,... I have the veto!

8. Follow all rules not hereby outlined that are outlined in the Freeform Rules in the regular Freeform board.

9.NO Power-gaming, god-moding, playing a sorceror character, and/or controlling/killing off/otherwise affecting mine or others' NPCs without permission.

10.Dont introduce your own plot points to the story without my permission.

12. See all the other rules as one!

Feel free to bring forth any topic related to the game.

Sincerely M
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 07:22:14 PM »
Achtung!

We currently have a small jump in time, we will try to fix this as soon as possible. We should continue from the confrontation between all PCs.

Attention!

The time loop is hereby fixed, we may proceed as normal!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Rhur Corell, OOC talk, rules and complains
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 11:55:16 PM »
.... to be or not to be?

It has to come to my attention that there is one subject which I have to bring forth; Your character might die! This should not be any big suprise since we are playing a roleplay, but do not worry, I have no plans of disposing anyone,.... yet :twisted:

It might happen if the situasion demands it, if your character jumps of a cliff or tries to pull of some impossible stunt. If this indeed happens
it will be thouroghly discussed first! I also think this adds a flavour and tension to the game. Be carefull in what you do, those are some dangerous woods you are in :wink:
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 12:13:53 AM »
Huh?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 10:09:59 PM »
Father Aarons drink.

Condir liqour- a mushy thick substance composed of the extract from seaweed and Pine trees, it is extremely strong and should only be taken in small shot doses.

To bad he only has three shots left.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 12:22:11 AM »
Rule number X

Sometimes I may want the story to move on, so I will assume what people do. For example, right now Aki has ordered everyone to build a bonfire!
I can not wait for each character to state that they are doing so!

That is when the "storyteller" GM steps in to tell the story!

For example; And the merry party walked all the way to destination X while they chanted lamnents of the dead in mourning over the ant Aaron stepped on!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Mercenaries
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 04:28:36 PM »
I just watched part (unfortunately) of a program on the History Channel about Mercenaries. I learned a few interesting things that I thought I would pass on to the group, since I am playing a mercenary.

1. The US military employs a very large number of mercenaries, but in this day and age of political correctness, they are not called mercenaries, but Security Contractors. They wear the same uniform, and the same equipment as the Army.

2. Mercenaries are not given any protections under the Geneva convention. Generally, captured mercenaries are executed by their captors. I do not know the US policy on the matter.

I wish I had seen the whole program, but I only picked up the last 20 or so minutes.

Just some info.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 07:40:12 PM »
If some of the characters wish to express their knowlegde on per say; the wild men. Please do not make things up.
Ask through PM or by other means what their character knows and I will PM
you the information.
Conserning the wild men only Aki and Greyson are familiar with them.
The others know nothing besides rumors and what they have learned or think they know so far.

I will PM Scrasamax what Greyson has learned during his time as a merc in Corell.

It is great however when players post their characters feelings and ideas of other PC. It gives us a general wiew of how people respond and think of other people`s actions so far.

But no matter how tempting it may seem your character does not know what the other PCs think of him. So please do not "answer" in any way to what other people think.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 09:20:22 PM »
Spell check your posts and proofread for errors (a good spell checker for Internet Explorer can be found at at www.iespell.com).

Proofread and be conscious of how the others write.
Pay attention to your own posts -- proofread them to double-check for typos and mistakes before you post them. Also, notice the style of the other players' and the GM's writings and don't out-do them or slight them. No one wants a schmuck in the game who responds to the GM's masterfully crafted five paragraph scene with "I go east," just as no one wants to read monstrous 10,000 word ego-polishing essays when everyone else in the game gets their point across in a short paragraph or two.

------Taken from Moonhunters FAQ----------------------------------------------
Authentic Strolenite™©®

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 03:29:06 PM »
Greetings

I am sincerely sorry about not posting in the "Meeting" in the days gone by.
I have simply not had the time since RL caught up with me in the form of gardening instead of Nightwatch.
I hope you will all forgive me :D

I will at once continue.

P.S Lets hope Greyson makes it through this...
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2004, 06:50:19 PM »
Anybody care if I attempt to step in?
I mean, I know I betrayed the quest, but I could still be of some use...

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 11:18:30 AM »
I am not quite sure what you mean by "step in", but the nice thing about roleplay is that the players might surprise as well as the GM. Your character Tree Viper may take whatever action he feels is needed.

Good Luck
Authentic Strolenite™©®

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 08:24:52 PM »
I am a little conserned about Tree Vipers future health.
Did he think that the surrounding Moriandar would just stand and watch as Viper jumps at him from above....? In the middle of a duel?

I will have to think this one over before I post.

By the way, you did surprise me.
I am officially surprised.
I bet Shara is too.
If his awake.
Hmm.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 12:14:30 AM »
What can I say? I'm being reckless, without forward thought, as befits the character.

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 11:46:47 PM »
Say no more, humor has hereby chewed Tree Viper and swallowed him whole. Be quick or be dead. Ride on, long live the Death Generator.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2004, 11:05:57 PM »
Cap I love your character and his recklessness! It adds intrest and comedy!
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2004, 11:29:09 PM »
Well, look what he gets himself into. I hope your character is capable of learning cap because one can not be reckless without one`s head.
Or maybe Tree Viper should be the reckless one for the entire campaign.
Adding flavour with each post depending on the good will of the allmighty
Game God, Lord, Facist control addict, overmighty all powerfull semi author
of this meeting.

By the way, chapter two is closing in. You might just barely make it.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2004, 12:28:29 AM »
Michael stands on the great cliff of Balzamandariandirasar searching to the icy arctic north for any penguins that might wander hither and tither and not posting in the meeting at Rhur as they should.

Your call Bird man, you are hanging by the feet head to the ground with a razor sharp Marshte resting on your fragile Adams apple...
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2004, 10:42:57 PM »
It seems that there was a decision made that my character was some sort of bird-man...
So, just so you can tell, Tree Viper is most definitely NOT a half-man/half-bird creature (this is to you, Alec!). That was just nickname given by Adel's character.

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2004, 03:18:54 PM »
Well,... I sincerely hope that Alec confused the bandit from Kestor wood; Tree Viper for being a half bird/half man creature.
But Deja did call Tree Viper Birdman in front of all the others aloud.
So i presume that father Aaron was thinking that this nickname is just that,... a nickname.
If not, then Alec should do some re-reading, editing or what ever it was you were thinking about Captain Penguin.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2004, 07:43:17 PM »
Important

As you all can see we have reached chapter two. It starts of with a scene in some towers. You characters does not know anything of what has been said done or described in this post!!!!! It is merely there to add to the story and the plot, not to mention readers plesarure.

Everebody has to carry on from where Aki has cut down the hairless Tree Viper(err almost hairless,.... Sorry about that one Captain. Nothing personal.)

Enjoy.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2004, 08:03:30 PM »
By the way, i hope you enjoy the game as much as I do.
You are all great players!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2004, 10:26:54 PM »
Aaaw.. No hair?! Fooey!
:)

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2004, 10:09:28 AM »
Michael, I might have assumed wrong, but I though that the marshte would partially scalp the Cap'n, giving him a real tasty hair/skin flap on the top of his head. It would be bloody and a great place to get infected. If that is wrong, i'll change my post accordingly.

Cap'n. If you accept, this is going to hurt like a mother......, if you know what I mean. Time for some combat medicine, IE, Greyson is going to pour whiskey on your esposed flesh, and mash it all back together with pressure bandages made out of a relatively clean shirt. Your lucky that Mike said no horses earlier, otherwise, he would try to stitch that mess beck together for you.  :twisted:

Tag!

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2004, 12:13:25 PM »
No need to change the post Scrasamax, both hair and skin was cut.
But not so deep that bone is exposed.
But he lost flesh and this is going to hurt.
Authentic Strolenite™©®