llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The warrior  (Read 7782 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Dark-Lord

The warrior
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2004, 03:34:21 PM »
Ragnok jumped silently and quickly from tree to tree looking for his prey.
He paused for a moment sniffing the air. He grinned as he caught Kalabar's scent. He followed the scent non-stopping. He cared nothing for his fallen comrads, they were nothing to him. Without him, they would both have died alot earlier.
   "Fools," he muttered as he drew closer to Kalabar. But what was this? There was another scent, coming from the same place. When he arrived he saw the struggle between Kalabar and another man. He watched, whoever would win, he would kill them then feed on them both. That would increase his already imense power. He snickered as he watched.

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2004, 05:08:05 PM »
The shadows under the trees near Kalabar suddenly coalesced into a humanoid shape. A man stepped out of the shadow into the firelight. He was dressed entirely in black leather, dark pants showing under a long black coat. Long ebony hair as tied back into a ponytail. A single shock of silver ran through the hair. The eyes were an unnaturally bright blue. The man appeared unarmed. No sword or axe could be seen on his belt or his back. He grimly looked upon the sleeping man-warrior. No one should be wandering the woods, much less sleeping in them next to a rather conspicuous fire without someone else around to keep watch. Ah! But what was this? A thief? He slipped back into the shadows and disappeared, there, but not seen. This should prove interesting...
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2004, 11:41:44 AM »
The rocks that had been sent at him changed directing with the wave of a hand and were sent just off course enough to miss Darkstar.

"Interesting" said the man. "So it is not your sword that lights of its own accord, but you who lights it. You are indeed a curiosity. But why do you weild a silver sword? Certainly there are better metals for a weapon of such calibur.

Darkstar approached Kalabar with his arm reaching out to touch him. He watched carefully Kalabar's motions as he walked foreward. More importantly however, he watched the man in the shadows, and the creature approaching. And soon, he realized, there would be three more upon them.

He wondered what fate could cause such a coincidence as to unite all of these people to a single point, or maybe, this walking enigma was the direct cause. Had these others also sensed this person, or perhaps something else...
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2004, 11:47:26 AM »
He saw here he was looking he saw the demons...well demon"he must have killed the other one"he looked at the guy in the shadows, never seeing him before he wondered why he was there, he then turned to the guy and took a step back as his blade cooled off, and all grew bright again"Because, you will only learn the true answer to that if you beat me in a fight"he smirked as he jumped into the tree, and the sun came up, allowing him to see all.

He jumped from one tree to another, but always doing it so that he went above the new guy, and he landed on the fire by mistake, as his skin started to sizzle, he jumped off and landedon his butt he cooled off his leg by blowing on it, knowing he must have looked like an idiot he jumped up and went into a fighting stance.
-If you want me to think outside the box, then can you please open the box and let me out-

Offline DarkShadow

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2004, 11:55:28 AM »
The heavy but rapid thud of hooves could be heard as Sothos, Yama, and Thanatos rode steadily toward the weilder of Shadow Magic. He now noticed three other souls near the first. One was approaching, One was standing, And one was walking towards Varriel, ("Shadow-Weilder" as it is directly translated from ancient diallect.). This may be his greatest encounter with Varriel yet, and it might also be the least. Sothos drew up his strength as he approached. His battles with Varriel had never been easy...
Rock may break, Ice may melt, and Fire may suffocate, but in the end Darkness consumes all, and so, it shall consume You.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2004, 12:22:45 PM »
The man  who sttod in extravagant clothing chuckled quietly as he calmly turned towards the boy. He stopped his laughter.

With a sigh "Children playing with fire." he said under his breath and with more volume, so as to be heard "Why does every person feel the need to fight to prove his worth. I already know your worth, but if that is how you wish it to be, then it shall be so. But, next time i would warn you, that fighting is not accomplished by the use of extravagant motions to confound your enemy, but of the simplest and most direct way to cause damage."

With a wave of his hand, a great gust of wind blew the fire out, causing small embers to float in the wind for several yards.

Again he approached the boy at a calm relaxed walk. This time he lifted no hand.

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2004, 02:40:21 PM »
Again the shadows coalesced into human form and the man once again stepped out from beneath a tree, this time on the opposite side of the camp as before. He strode out arrogantly, shaking his head.

"Now, now, sir, is this any way to teach the boy a lesson? I do need him alive, so please leave him be, or at least don't hurt him much. I agree, children playing with fire and someone trying to fight just to prove his worth is pointless and aggravating, but you aren't doing much better with your magic tricks."

He stopped about 15 feet from the two. The boy still standing in his ridiculous fighting stance with that flimsy silver blade, and this half-bit magician showing off his powers, as usual. What a mess....
Authentic Strolenite©

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Dark-Lord

The warrior
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2004, 03:29:54 PM »
From in the tree Ragnok was agrivated.
  "They aren't going to kill each other, well I guess I'll have to kill them all." He jumped into the air and landed with great grace and looked at the man who was in the shadows.
  "You won't be needing him alive, because you and him will be dead." He turned his attention to Darkstar.
  "You will too." He grinned showing his yellowed, bloodstained fangs. Ragnok was ready to hunt.

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2004, 04:04:25 PM »
Oh good grief, another demon. Hadn't these things learned yet? He shook his head and closed his hand, as if around the shaft of a weapon. The shadows suddenly shifted and changed shape. Within a split-second, a long, black blade appeared in his grip. The demons and the two others realize the blade is pure shadow. He had changed the shadows to make them suit his purpose.

He swung the blade in a slow, rotating arc in front of him. The blade seemed to absorb the light, turning even blacker, but it was plain to see that the edges were sharp enough to cut the wind itself. He brought it up in fornt of himself and waited for the demon to make its move...
Authentic Strolenite©

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2004, 04:33:04 PM »
OOC: I do believe that you are currently unaware of my name. Please do not use it again until i verbally give it to you.

Darkstar, ignored both intrusions. The shadow man would be interesting enough to inverstigate later, but for now his attentions were on the boy. The demon of course was only a side note. He had seen many over the course of many domains. He could currently recall only about five of them if he had wanted to. His mamory was quite poor, but his claravoyant abilities meant that he rarely needed to. He could simply mentally search a history book or other reference material.

Darkstar continued to walk up to Kalabar until he was within striking range. The shadow-mans jibe was entirely pointless and unworthy of retort. Darkstar, for his part, did not actually care about hurting the young Kalabar, but only about discovering exactly what made him unique. He knew what made himself unique, the genetic simbiote which gave him his abilities in such a high concentration, but he knew nothing of this boy. What happened after he had made his discovery did not matter to him.

Darkstar, now within less than a yard from the boy prepared to stop with one more step, which would leave him only a couple feet from the boy. He did so calmly and without agression.

As the moment aproached, he felt the approach of three more coming towards the little group...

Dark-Lord

The warrior
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2004, 04:52:21 PM »
"You fool," Ragnok spat at the shadow man.
   "Shadows and darkness do not harm me," he said then smirked and took a step forward. Ragnok was not an ordinary demon, he was powerful, powerful enough to fell this foe.
   He circled around the shadow man grinning at this....mortal who thought he could beat him.

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2004, 04:58:22 PM »
He gets out of his fighting stance as he started to chant, flames apeared aroung his bodyt, and where his body was once burned is now gone, his hands flatend out on eachother and his eyes red, a flame appeared around his body and his eyes turned white, as he looked at the guy, a wicked smile grew on his lips, he drops the sword no needing it anymore, he got what he wanted.

He bagan to walk toward the middle of the whole place, as his body turned to a blue flame, and all around him started to spark, the trees around became a forest fire, and his power increased, and his smile grew, the sand below him turned to glass, and the air grew hot/

"You"he pointed to the demon"I'll thake you out last since you seem to be the only smart one"he looked at the guy with all the gray energy"You will be after i finish this guy"he began laughs as he told the people when there time of death was"he looks at  the guy that walked close to him"your first

His power changed to gray energy, though for this guy it was different, his energy ran through his vaines, and when he fights he dosn't get weaker he gets stronger, when he dosn't fight he gets weaker((strange yes))His vains were gray, and his power wasn't shadow. though something older and purer, no one yet has accomplished this except for the elder, though Kalabar had a reason..."Well lets change this, one of you guys here killed my parents, the ones who didn't ill will kill you fast and painless, the one how did on the other hand, will die slowly and painfully. he began to laugh, he has been waiting from this moment his whole life, he began thinking it was the guy with the shadow energy, but he wasn't sure.

He looked at each one of them carefully, it wasn't the demon since hes weak against light, and my mother was light energy, and it wasn't ((alec dont remember your name))
Since well he seemed normal enough, his eyes layed upon gray, the newest guy, the gray energyed guy....he looked at him as his eyes seemed to turn gray and he felt a strong presance with him, he looked to his side he was the only ojne able to see them it was his mother and father
-If you want me to think outside the box, then can you please open the box and let me out-

Dark-Lord

The warrior
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2004, 05:11:34 PM »
Ragnok snarled at this threat.
  "You dare to threaten me?!" He roared and jumped over to the fire he put his clawed hand in. He kept it in for two minutes and then took it out.
   There was not one burn on his skin. He smiled knowing this was a shock to all around him. He jumped in front of Kalabar and stared into his eyes.
   In the reflection of Ragnok's red eyes, Kalabar could see flashes of everyone Ragnok and his two dead companions ever killed.
   There were thousands of them. Men, women, and even children had fallen into Ragnok's clutches. The last image was of Boar, his latest kill who had been Ragnok's companion. Ragnok grinned knowing this would probably horrify Kalabar, as it had horrified some of his other hard to kill prey.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2004, 01:54:18 PM »
Darkstar reached out and touched the boy. Suddenly, Kalabar felt something like a warm blanket wrap around him. Like the comfort of a warm bed with the sheets pulled up high on a cold day. It caused no dreariness nor any other ill effect, but simply continues to, what can only be described as, wrap tighter around him, yet causing no discomfort.

Kalabar could now see Darkstar, standing over fifty yards off in the forest, completely invisible to all else. His skin was blue and cracking, his face deformed. The Avatar that touched him was only a projection of a powerful mind.

Kalabar felt something more about Darkstar...yes that was the name.

All of this had taken less that a second to transpire. Movement was not hindered, but Kalabar realized that he was being probed and analized. He was free to move and no other effects occurred.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2004, 11:34:10 AM »
Whoa...sorry guys. I was posting on a different forum and actually somehow managed to post in this one instead

sorry

my bad

sorry again

Offline DarkShadow

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2004, 11:37:37 AM »
Sothos, Thanatos and Yama closed the gap. Riding straight into camp, finely crafted weapons were immediately drawn by all three.

One is a tall man with broad shoulders of about 6"3, clad in heavy armor carrying a Bastard sword. Another is about 6"0 with a srtong upright build and light armor weilding a bow made of some kind of fine wood, with a crystal tipped arrow. On his back is a crystal tipped spear. The third is a man of about 6"1 with a thin build weilding a morningstar and no other visible weapons. Each is riding on a horse of equal proportion to the man.

The large one speaks bofore they have even emerged from the woods.

"Varriel! Your time has come"

The second one fires an arrow straight at Kalabar. It flies sure and true. The other two flank Kalabar on both sides. The first man swings his sword as he rides by, while the third, using his morningstar to gain far more reach, lets fly his weapon at the lower half of Kalabar. Only the first, most heavily armored man is withing weapons reach.

The second already has another arrow ready for the moment the first and third man pass....
Rock may break, Ice may melt, and Fire may suffocate, but in the end Darkness consumes all, and so, it shall consume You.

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2004, 12:17:12 PM »
Grans the arrows and jumped in the air, he threw it down at the guy that started to attack him, his eyes turning yellow like a gold color as he thre the aroows at the guy that was attacking him and began to laugh, he landed on the floor and back flipped across the floor and the last one he pushed hard enough to land on a trees branch, as he puled out three darts and threw them at the guy that was shooting arows's head.

he flipped off the tree and landed in the darkness his eyes glowing, witch allowed them to see him, though you began to see yellow spikes come out of his body, and his eyes narrow on the demon from before, he threw out a white ball at him, and a red on at the gray energy guy

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2004, 09:44:53 AM »
What??? That made absolutely no sense. Would you please specify who you are throwing what at? Let me help simplify if i might. You can refer to the others by name as long as your character does not. You can say that you are atttacking Darkstar if you want, you just cant have your character say it. Who is the grey guy?

We have:

1 Shadow Mage (Kalabar)
1 Dark Mage (???)
1 Demon (Ragnok)
1 Psychic (Darkstar)
1 Avatar (Avatar of Darkstar)
1 Death Warrior (Guy 1)
1 Death Archer (Guy 2)
1 Death Fighter (Guy 3)

And if i have missed somebody then you have not posted recently enough. (as in, you are not on page three).

OK. That should simplify things a bit so that everybody is on the same page. Now you can refer to everybody by one of these terms and everybody will understand them.

That set? Good. Now repost, and be a bit more specific.

Offline DarkShadow

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2004, 01:36:10 PM »
OK, heres the deal, if , kalabar, you do not post in two days, i will personally write the results for your character, and tyhey will involve you having you'r head taken off with my morningstar. Understand. Like really, Nobody is right, you did not speak at all clearly about what you were doing. So please repost or i will be forced to decapitate you becuase i am quite done waiting around for you to say what you are doing. Got it? you have two days or your character will die. Do not believe that this is a thread that will die without you, me and my friend Nobody have no problem continuing this alone.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2004, 02:33:53 PM »
"your all fool's came a voice from in the darkness, out stepped a young girl her eye's flickering to look upon each one of them "odd company you have here kalabar! yes i now your name" the young girl stepped forward into the centre of the circle, again looking to take in each and every person who stood here, she chuckled to her self her raven hair flew out behind her as a strong gust of wind blew agaisnt them, her eye's where a dark red, of fire, "i doubt you will know me", said the girl with a look of disgust "i am Taren keeper of this forest" she stood and waited to see if one of them talked
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline DarkShadow

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2004, 11:38:18 PM »
Sothos did not understand why, but Varriel did not move, almost as if he was held by some psychic force that could not be seen. Although it apparently did not stop him from recieving damage he noticed as Varriels head flew off in the direction of Sothos's morningstar. But something else was at play here, and he noticed something new that had never before happened. His point of fixture changed. It was a girl who had just entered. Not Varriel, but another. Suddenly Sothos blacked out. His senses left him without warning, and Trakien emerged. The sudden change would not even be noticed by anybody, being so subtle that it was almost beyond ability for somebody to realize that the person who had just swung the morningstar was no longer the person holding it now. No physical transformation occured, only the mental one.

Trakien, Yama, and Thanatos all changed directions. It was now the girl who was the center of their focus.

Sithrael was back, and again Trakien would do battle.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2004, 02:39:53 PM »
"don't even think about it" called Taren as her focus turned to trakien, "Going to attack a defenceless little girl, Shame on you" her eyes glistened with menace, suddenly trakien would hear a voice in his ear "i'm to fast for the eye to see" before he can see where Taren has gone she is back in the middle of the glade again, she laughs aloud as all heads turn back, from searching for her again to the middle of the glade,

Offline DarkShadow

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »
Trakien knew that this battle was going to be long and painful. It was not one that would be over quickly. This was only Trakiens third revival, but his previous three battles with Sithrael had all been grim. In fact, they had only gotten worse and worse each time. Sithrael seemed to grow in power while Trakien only stayed the same.

Trakien looked down briefly at the golden gauntlet that was on his hand. It was the legendary Katri, "hand of lightning" as it was directly translated from its native language. He had first worn it when he found it on a dead foe that sithrael had killed. In that life she had apperently not know its value, but this time, even though she might not know it by name, she would know it by heart, just as the last two time he had fought her.

Of course, she did not remember those last two times, only those stored within Yama could remember their' past incarnations. But they always knew of the significance of the situation. Sithrael was acting fearless, but unless her confidence and the battle at hand had somehow made her devoid of her own innate knowledge, then she no doubt felt the gravity of the situation before her.

She would die by his hand, and even if she did not already know this in her head, she would feel it in her soul. This confrontation meant her impending death. Although to Trakien it had another significance. It meant pain and struggle and the deaths of all those around him. It meant suffering and heartache. It meant days and days and weeks and weeks of darkness and torment, and even worse, it meant that if he failed, the world would be in peril.

These things went through him so quickly that they could not even be considered thoughts. The were more feelings. An innumerable amount of different feelings all combined into a single force.

While he still looked down, the design emblazoned on Katri started to light up as if electricity sparked along it. Soon his armored hand was ablaze with bolts of electricity, and just as fast, bolts of lightning were leaping through along Trakien, dancing along his skin.

Now the battle was to come fully home. His abilities were now extraordinarily faster than hers, but they were only good for short periods of time. He did not move from his mount as Yama fired his arrow and as Thanatos charged full force into Sithrael. This was going to be a long battle...

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The warrior
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2004, 07:02:32 PM »
Taren took a step back "hey hey hey, i didn't come to fight, i do not wish to die, well not today anyway, i have just come to worn you that, your all in great danger here, i no its not my style to warn people of oncoming dangers but hey i have given it a go and frankly i don't like it, and with that she vanished, not completly out of the clearing but away from prying eyes, she looked down on the angered faces of the people below,

Dark-Lord

The warrior
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2004, 04:22:53 PM »
OOC: I am sorry, but I must leave this RP for I am leaving this site. I bid you all a fond farewell. I will get rid of my demon now.

IC: Ragnok had no time for this, so he jumped up into the trees and was seen no more.

OOC: I will be here for another couple days, so if you want to know why I am leaving please PM me. Goodbye.