llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Coldforged: Tabletop Campaign]1: Prophecies of Redemption  (Read 10443 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
[Coldforged: Tabletop Campaign]1: Prophecies of Redemption
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2004, 01:02:46 AM »
This is an impressive body of work, with a great amount of detail, and thought that has gone into it. Lets start with what I liked.

The Hexenjaeger - I love this name! So much more interesting than the stock witchhunter. I would like to see them more, perhaps either more development, maybe a sample or two.

The Coven of the Crimson Moon - nicely done.

Satyrs - fantasy needs more satyrs that are more than the cherub-like fawns from Fantasia.

The Priest of Sil'Durion - I must agree with the captain that the white barbarian eating butterflies following the priest is pretty spiff.

Now for the constructive part. Each scenario is good, I was especially fond of the besieged city. As a whole, however, they seem to lack cohesiveness. The Coven of the Crimson Moon is cool, but once the adventure is done, nothing more is heard of them, or the Hexenjaeger.

In essence, each scenario feels like an island with little or no connection to the next, other than 'chasing the rabbit' to the next scene. If there was some way to create a stronger sense of unity, or internal harmony between the scenarios it could create something stunning.

Otherwise, Awesome work man
Two thumbs up!

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2004, 01:23:41 AM »
I echo what he said.
*wishes he could have said something more constructive*

There is a distinctly dark tone. This would be well-set to softly-playing Megadeth. The whole world seems hideously evil, except for the elves, and even they are slightly tarnished.

On satyrs- Scras is absolutley right. When most roleplayers these days think of Satyrs, what they really are seeing in their mind's eye are Fawns, the Satyrs' smaller, more benevolent cousin. Fawns dance around and play flutes- Satyrs chase women around and rape them, and then play pipes that make people flee in terror.
And while I'm on the subject, what is with all the people presenting Centaurs as nature-loving nice guys? In Greek myths, Centaurs were warlike, brutish monsters who lived to fight, except for the notable personage of Chiron.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Item Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2004, 04:04:07 AM »
Yes, I wondered if the campaign would seem incoherent to you.

Actually I have lots, lots, lots more(at least for "Black day" and "Arcane Chambers", the scenarios which we have already played). It all rests on my (norwegian) forum, where I GM roleplaying sessions one week in advance of every game (so the players will get "in the right mood").

Thanks for the feedback Scrasamax and Captain Penguin both! I will act upon the information as soon as I have time (not now :wink: I have waaaaaay too much work to do)

This is what I intend to do:
-Add cross-references between the different scenarios
-Add mini-scenarios (those with story relevance. Perhaps character background scenarios too?)
-Add all prophecies
-Add more visions
-Complete "Within the dreams of a Merchant".
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
Re: [Coldforged: Tabletop Campaign]1: Prophecies of Redemption
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 09:44:32 PM »
Jeeesh....Just finished reading this. Great job AG, I love it. You really did a piece of work when making this Campaign.

Now for constructiveness, for me anyways. Mind tossing a link to that Forum so we can apply translator programs and check out other scenario thingies? Also, how did the campaign finale' go? We haven't got any sort of update on it in...A year or more?
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Item Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Re: [Coldforged: Tabletop Campaign]1: Prophecies of Redemption
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2006, 04:11:25 PM »
The campaign went really well, Chaosmark. As for the norwegian forum... Well, it went down a year ago. I haven't recreated it yet. It was exclusively for my players, and even though I had quite a number of players throughout the years, they still did not generate enough traffic for me to rationalize it's continued existence.

Thanks for the compliments, however. Always appreciated.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!