llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Village  (Read 6802 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2004, 01:54:36 PM »
OOC: ok is it alright if i bring someone in to it at the moment, just to talk to me at the moment and talk to you as well?

the door once again burst open, Callista moved back in surprise as a young girl burst through the door, panting she sat on the floor, "Callista i have some news for you!"said the girl panting, it was carrie, Callista's best freind, "how do you know about this place, carrie?" cried Callista looking stunned "just shut up a minuite and let me finish" cried Carrie still panting, " someone followed you, last night.....hi gregory!" Carrie looked up from staring at the floor and stared at gregory at a confused way, "What are YOU doing here??" cried Carrie staring at callista, and then back to gregory "i thought you didn't like him in that way!"called out Carrie, Callista looked surprised as she looked at gregory and then back to carrie "did you make sure you werent being followed? and what were you doing following gregory last night?" asked Callista looking at Carriewith a look of pure anger now, Carrie bowed her head to look at her shoes, she shuffled her feet "sorry Callista!"
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2004, 02:07:13 PM »
OOC: Yeah sure no problem. It is kinda necessary for a two person thread. If we get a few people in here then it won't be an issue, but feel free to bring in anybody you want. Keep in mind that the plot line and character interaction and history build up is just as much a part of a good story as the action is. Feel free to keep it interesting

IC: "What? Oh its not like that. I was just bringing her some breakfast and some food for later. I thought she might want it."
Gregory was clearly uncomfortable with the mention, and although nobody knew it, Carrie was closer to the truth than she thought. Gregory was interested in Callista, but he was not the kind of person who did well with women, so he just pretty much gave up on it.

Still, the situation did make him nervous..
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2004, 06:36:51 PM »
Callista was like a sister to Carrie, but she could get on Callista's nerves sometimes "anyway, why would gregory be intrested in me, when he has that lovely bar lady Linda, is that her name?" Carrie often got the wrong end of the stick, but this time, callista wished that she didn't, it was true Callista was very jelous of linda or whatever her name was, Callista didn't care, Callista thought it very rude her just barging in, very rude indeed, Callista had liked gregory from when she first meet him, oh how she wished she could just smack that stupid cow, but of course she kept all her feelings to herself, she was a very very quiet girl who liked to keep to herself, Callista was wearing her usual a long black coat, a short black skirt with mini shorts underneath, her top was also black which lifted her bust up just a tiny bit, her legs were thin and tanned her arms where also thin but showed a little bit of muscle, she was very fast when she wanted to be, she turned to Carrie "do me a favour and go and get me them herbs i asked you to get about a week ago" sighed Callista, Carrie once again shuffled her feet but turned and ran out the door "becareful will you" called Callista after her, she turned back to gregory "you look a bit flustered" she giggled

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2004, 04:57:37 PM »
As Carrie left the hidden place, she found herself in an alley. It was still early day, but now there was a little more brightness in it. Nobody was around to see her exit into the alley.

Meanwhile Gregory was not entirely sure what to do, but he kept mostly silent. After an awkward minute or so he mumbled something about having to get back to work and good luck. He left the secret place, checking for any spotters, and glad that he had seen none, walked casually back to his place of work. He was very nervous inside as he travelled back to his small restaurant. He only became more nervous as he saw a bounty hunter sitting there. Being waited on....

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2004, 07:06:45 PM »
Carrie ran out of the room, checking around in every direction just to make sure no one was watching but there was no one there so she kept going, the ray's of the sun, beamed down on her back, she stopped just outside a small alley way shop called madame hooch's magical herbs Carrie sighed "it's geting more and more like harry potter here" she said gazing at the sign above her head, she entered the bell above the door gave a hearty gingle before lying still again, she turned to look around the shop, at the many numerous jars with weired looking things in them, it was very dark inside the shop and alot more cooler than it was outside, "How may i help you dear" Came a old womans voice from behind the counter, carrie moved closer to see round the corner "i um have come to collect an item for miss Moonstar, miss Callista Moonstar, the lady rushed out from behind the counter "yes of course of course," she started to fumble around the cabinets knocking jars out of it which smashed on the floor, Carrie went to help clean them up "oh don't worry about them dear ill sort them out later ok,ahhhhhhhhh got it" she crowed climbing down the small step ladder she had just climbed "be very careful with these, becarefull not to drop them," she added handing Carrie the package, Carrie looked at it suspicously but then left the store woth it still in her hands, as she walked down the street she had to hide the package twice, to make sure she wasnt caught, she got to the door and entered, Callista was sat on the bed, her head in her hands "Callista i have your parcel" said Carrie softly moving over to her, callista looked up "oh cheers carrie", Callista sat up straight and moved the package towards her "do you mind" she asked Carrie, carrie just stood there watching "oh i get it"she finally said and left

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2004, 12:06:21 PM »
Callista looked at the package before carefully unwrapping it, inside was two bottles filled with a runny purple mixture and the other a more solid green inside was also a note, reading    Dear Callista i am so sorry that it took this long to get your delivery in, i will not mention what it is in this letter just in case it is intercepted, i hope this will help you in your little experiment, need i say more,

all my love Dora Hooch
Callista smiled slightly at the letter, she picked up the bottles carefully and placed them in a small box which was made to hold vials, she closed the box with a snap and placed it in the bedside table, ready to be used if need's be.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2004, 12:56:30 PM »
Yevaud arrived. It was three in the afternoon when he did. He had preparations to make before fighting Ravin this evening. No doubt Ravin would not run. Always a defiant one. Never willing to bow out gracefully. Although, to be honest, Yevaud probably would not run either. Espescially since this was Ravin's home turf that he would be challenged on. Yevaud knew that Ravin was not one to be taken easily, and he would probably wait while the other hunters got themselves killed before making his move. But for now, he was only doing research.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2004, 01:27:09 PM »
"so your planning on fighting him then, he's a stubborn one, he won't go easily" a dark voice was heared behind Yevaud, Felix stepped forward her hand's behind her back, she swayed slightly as if she was eager to tell him something, " you don't actully expect to win do you? he is like the best one on the field, you do know that?" she giggled, a nasty evil laugh, "mind he was just trying to do the right thing! maybe he is getting a soul or some feelings" she let out a loud merciful laugh "haha i know he doesn't exchange lives, just like that, there must be a reason why he did it, maybe he fancys this girl, and oh yes i have heared about that" she shook her head tutting "naughty, naughty" she laughed once again, and awaited his reply

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2004, 01:42:11 PM »
"From what i hear, this girl stood up to him with a sword at her throat to save the life of some prey. I would definately say that that is something. Anybody who does not fancy this girl is not much of a hunter."

"Ravin is an odd one though. He does not act like a bounty hunter. Whatever motivates him to do this job, it isn't money. I have seen a small sampling of his riches, and he does not live on them. He stores them like some ancient dragon gaurding his brood. Legendary artifacts and unlimited gold, yet he spends none of it. Literally none. All he does is buy Real Estate with it so that he can create new Aliases. I have never seen him step inside a store, or wear anything that he did not make himself. He does his own metal working and sewing and enchanting."

"In other words, there is no way of knowing why he did not take this prey of his. It can only be known by his mind, and his mind alone. I doubt it was simply about doing the right thing. He has done plenty of wrong things in his life that he needewd no justification for. There is probably a lot more to it than that."

"But you raise a good point. I should find out more about this girl. She may be somehow very important in taking him down"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2004, 01:58:09 PM »
"thought i could assist you, Cralon, has sent a spy out, but he never told me who or what it is, but i wouldnt trust him if i was you, he alwasy seems to mess things up, so to be quite honest, i would say find this spy and kill it or watever it is, before it messes everything up, just remeber the boss ain't going to be happy if you mess this up, we are counting on you, and don't make me have to kill you if you mess this up" she chuckled to herself but waited for his reply if one came

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2004, 07:01:16 PM »
Wrong Felix. Ravin has been declared free game. (That means that no one person can claim the job, or be held responsible for it's failure (Free game hunts are strictly limited to assasinations within the organization because otherwise each person who took the job would have to give the victim a black rose, thereby claiming the job, and making it a reserved hunt)) If I choose to bow out at the last moment, Cralon has no authority to issue my death warrent.

Besides, When did you start reffering to Cralon as "Boss"? Only initiates ever call a member of the council Boss, especially Cralon. He was only put on the council because of his dirty political connections handed to him by his father. I thought you were above all that.

Are you doing his laundry and cooking his meals too? I mean really Felix. Even for a female you arent that low. As for having to kill me, I hope for your sake, and for mine, that you never have to take that job. I really do hate to have to batter women around, even you.

Thank you for the information on the spy however, it might prove useful. I will make it up to you sometime.

"Oh right, and one more thing" He said as he turned to face her for the first time in the entire conversation "You should really watch how you speak to me Felix"

He paused. As he did he stepped towards her until he was only an inch or two away from her, allowing his six foot three inch height and heavy build to full advantage. He spoke in a quiet, low bass tone now, looking down at her with a very serious expression. "You really don't want me as one of your enemies"

Then, swiftly he turned and walked away, his cape drifting behind him.

"You really do not want to get under his skin Felix" Came Seths voice. "Even I would not have said that about killing him, although, if i had, he probably would have done more than give me a firm talking to."

"And don't listen to him about calling Cralon boss. It's a good idea to show respect to the council. Yevaud is good enough that he can get by treating them as equals, but if you follow his example, you won't live long enough to get that good."

Seth stood near Felix, wearing a cloak almost identical to Ravin's. At night, one could hardly be differentiated from the other, even standing side by side.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2004, 07:00:08 AM »
Felix looked up into Yevauds face, and as he walked of laughed a very unusal highpitched, more worried laugh, as Seth talked to her, she turned around to look at him, "hey i was only joking, he takes things to serious" she smiled happily and flicked her hair behind her ear "you don't want me as an enemy" she said in a tuanting sarcastic voice "who does he think he is?" she laughed once more "oh well this could be fun to watch hehe" she stared down the hill as Yevaud walked slowly down it, she turned back to Seth "any way why have you come here? have you figured out who the spy is yet?" she looked at him with curisoity in her eye's

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2004, 05:14:11 PM »
"Seriously Felix? Since when did the Black Rose employ spies? I mean, are you sure about this? A spy, really, or are you just trying to pull strings like you always do?"

"Maybe it has something to do with the girl. Maybe she is the spy, or somebody connected with her. Not likely though. I will go check it out Felix, but if this a joke, then you are going to have two enemies, got it?"

................................................. ................................................. ......

After a lovely meal Seth had discovered that this Callista girl had been in contact with a Gregory and probably a carrie.

Seth was very good about extracting hidden information from people, and this Linda, if he had remembered the name correctly, was no exception to his powers of persuasion. This Carrie was the best friend of this girl, but he knew absolutely that this Gregory knew exactly where Callista was. Still, Carrie would be easier to extract information from.

Seth decided that he would find out about who this person was tonight while the other hunters got themselves eliminated. Or they would get the bounty, but somehow Seth doubted it. Yevaud was the wildcard here. One way or another though, he would find out about this Callista. She was very likely more important to getting this bounty than anything else.

He stood up, thanked Linda, the waitress, and left after paying his tab. He was heading towards Carrie's house to make a friendly visit, and if she refused to be friendly, then it might become an unfriendly visit. Seth hoped that it would not come to that.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2004, 03:49:28 PM »
Carrie had settled down for a bit of dinner before going to bed, she was dressed in a tiny silky night gown with a fluffy pink dressing gown on top, she took a bite of her steak and swallowed, she cut another large chunk of and stuck it into her open and waiting mouth, juice rolled down her chin as she wiped it away with her sleeve "mmmmm, this is delicious" she said to herself, she turned to her cat and said "i'm not the most gracefull eater am i Mr Hufflepie" she giggled to herself as she stuck some carrots and steak into her mouth, Carrie was rather doppy, and she usally forgot very important things, but she was a strong fighter, but she didn't like fighter "it brings me out in a rash"she had said when a young boy had asked her for a fight, she countinued to eat slopping gravy on the floor and on her dressing gown

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2004, 10:38:57 PM »
Seth knocked on the door to Carrie's house. When she opened the door, Seth stood there looking very much like Ravin in his outfit.

"Excuse me, I need to talk to Callista. I have some urgent business to discuss with her. She sent me a letter asking me to come help her, but i do not even know why. I was very concerned when i read it, and i came as soon as i could. She told me that if I could not find her to contact you and you would help me get in touch with her."

"She told me to tell no one else that i was here, and i am quite confused as to what is going on, and if you could help me reach her then i would very much appreciate it."

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2004, 05:26:29 AM »
Carrie stared at the man open mouthed, "are you sure she sent you that letter?" she said with a mouthful of steak, she turned around and gasped as she swallowed her dinner, "yeah anyway can you prove that you really did receive a letter from her?" she said sounding more and more like a detective as she went on, she waited for the man to reply before talking again, "because if you can't prove it then i am sorry but i can not help you" she went to close the door in his face...

Offline DarkShadow

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2004, 08:40:33 AM »
OOCC: Sorry, the computer here is whacked. It won't let me sign on as normal so i looged on under my friends screen name.

"Wait, please." He said sticking his foot in the door. "She told me it was important, she said that you might understand what was going on. At least, if you cannot tell me where she is, ask her to meet me somewhere. Give her this vial that she asked for and tell her that i will be waiting outside the city limits for her. North by north-east from here. Please, i do not know what is going on, but i have to meet with her. just tell her that i will be waiting there and that i have taken care of what she asked for and i need to know what to do now."
Rock may break, Ice may melt, and Fire may suffocate, but in the end Darkness consumes all, and so, it shall consume You.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2004, 10:04:14 AM »
Carrie looked at him careful not to look straight into his eye's "well alright i will tell her to meet you but if you do anything to her or get her killed i will not be happy, she looked deep into his eye's this once and then looked away, she snatched the vial from him and said quietly "i will tell her" and after that she slammed the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Callista woke with a start as she opened her eye's to see Carrie leaning over her, "i have a vial for you" she said cheerfully, she threw it on the end of the bed Callista sat up gradully, looking down at the vial with suspicion, "who gave this to you?" Callista asked picking up the vial and looking it over, Carrie looked at the floor "well this man came over to my house last night and asked if he could see you, he said that you sent him a letter telling him to come because something was wrong, or something like that, he want's you to met him outside the city limits, North by north-east from my house" she smiled carefully, Callista looked very worried "i never sent nobody a letter asking them to come, but i will go and meet him tonight, just to see what he wants, i want you to find gregory and tell him that i will need some weapons just in case" she spoke quietly, and with a edge of nervousness, she slowly got dressed and turned to look at Carrie once again "well go"she demanded, Carrie jumped and nodded running from the room muttering to herself "got to find gregory, got to find gregory" she countinued to say this to herself as she ran to gregorys bar.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2004, 10:57:09 AM »
It had worked. Carrie had led Seth right to Callista's hiding place. It had worked perfectly.

Seth waited until carrie had run out, and then, as if nothing were out of the ordinary, he pushed the door that carrie had not fully shut, out wide, making himself fully visible to all inside the room: Callista.

"Callista Miala Moonshade I presume? I assure you, the pleasure is all mine. You were the one who stood up to the bounty hunter, no? At knife point? Let me introduce myself, I am Moris Gonrald a journalist in search of great stories. Yours naturally intrigued me. I have travelled some distance to see you, and it was not easy to find you here."

Seth had not yet recognized Callista yet as the person whom he had merely wounded years ago. His mind was on other matters.

"I apologize for the deception earlier, but it was true that i needed to see you. I come bearing no harm, but i have travelled very far and would really like it if you would give me an account of what has transpired thus far. If you would be so kind as to help me out, i would be more than grateful."

He stood awaiting a reply. He was however watching for more than words however. He was trying to smell out a spy, and he watched carefully for any body language that would betray a lie in the making. His features and expression mimicked none of this however, and he showed no sign of fright.

He believed that he had never seen this girl before, and was unaware that she might recognize him for an assasin.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2004, 12:05:45 PM »
Callista jumped as she saw the man open the door, she stood listening to him, and then it hit her, 'a journalist, yes i doubt that, i have seen him somewhere before' she thought to herself looking into the man's eye's "i am afraid i can not do that" she said solemly, looking at the floor for a moment and then looking up again, she was thinking of something to say, her eye's flashed with pure hatred, 'him i knew i had seen him before, she lifted her top just enough for herself to see the scar along her side, she shot an evil glance in his direction and started to move slowly backwards, did he remeber? did he recognise her? she hoped not, she again took another step towards the bedside cabinet, "i um i believe you must of mistaken me for someone else" she stuttered hoping he wouldn't notice her moving back, she knew he was either here to kill her or help his friend in getting to her, she put her hand in her pocket stroking the handle of a blade just in case, which she had kept by her from the moment she had done that act, between her and the shade as she kept calling him, she stumbled slightly as she was again stepping back, she knew he knew her, he must know her, or maybe he was to wrapped up in this that he could not remeber but she did, she stroked the scar on her side with her other hand, she couldn't take the risk, she had to do something, but she knew that she would have to wait till he made a move.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2004, 07:18:03 AM »
He saw her manner change before his eyes. She was afraid. There was only one reason to be afraid. She was the spy. If it were not so then she would not be scared because the bounty was not for her, She was the spy.

"OK, spy, tell me who you work for, and what you know, and i will let you live. I will not give you another chance"

Seth had his hand on his weapon, and was preparing to have to use it.

................................................. ................................................. ......

Gregory had figured out exactly what had happened almost immediately. He was no fool, ignorant of bluffs and lies. He knew that Carrie had been followed. When he found out at his restaurant he did not hesitate or get the weapons that Callista had asked for. He simply took off as fast as he could.

He stuck his sword in the room first, preparing for any kind of ambush, and when none came, he stepped in with sword and shield drawn.

His suspiscions had turned out correctly. There was somebody there, gripping his sword, but not drawn.

"Gregory I presume. Do you mind if me and the lady talk this out in private?" Seth said.

Gregory prepared his stance and watched the man even more intently. "I really do not think that the lady wants to talk to you Pal"

Seth sharpened, his hand still on his blade. It was Gregory's stance that did it. He was taking the stance of one of the elite gaurds in the late Amirican Kingdom. It had been destroyed by the Sylvan Warlord Tetren nearly fifteen Years back. Amorican gaurds did not abandon their posts, ever, not even after old age.

Still, Seth remembered that fighting style, and now that he could predict every single action of this Gregory it would be no problem.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2004, 09:35:58 AM »
Callista looked as Gregory burst through the door sword drawn, "i am no spy" she called out, he must not of remebered then, she lifted her top just enough for him to her scar, "do you remeber this?" she asked drawing the knife from her pocket, "i remebered you a few minuites after i sawe you, you merely wounded years ago" she ran her free hand along the scar, keeping her knife held high just in case, she was fast and had the advantage of him not knowing in which way she worked, she again moved back towards the bed side cabinet, remebering the vials that Carrie had got for her the day before, "spy" she tutted "you must be more stupid then you look" she knew that he would not aprecciate being called stupid but it was the only way she could get him to advance on her giving her the oppurtunity of running for it if she needed to, but she hated running from battle, but if it was needed then she would.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
The Village
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2004, 03:31:06 AM »
sorry i won't be on for a little while you can carry on posting and i will catch up a bit later i should be on soon but i am banned from the computer at the moment so i will be on when ever i can ok