llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hi, I have a question about net book submissions.  (Read 1041 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline eNiasni

• Apprentice
    • http://www.wreckedinsanity.com
    • Awards
Hi, I have a question about net book submissions.
« on: June 27, 2004, 10:09:20 PM »
Are there any guidelines that have to be followed for net boom submissions?

Do you accept them in pdf format with image/maps?

Do the owners retain all bits of ownership of the material in a sense of the copyright so that no one can earn a monetary value from them and the works would be used for personal, non comercial use?

Thanks.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 10:49:11 PM »
What do you mean by "net book"?

"Do the owners retain all bits of ownership of the material in a sense of the copyright so that no one can earn a monetary value from them and the works would be used for personal, non comercial use?"

Uh, well, we may borrow off of each other. As far as I know, Strolen isn't going to publish anything on the site. If you have a problem with people borrowing (i.e., using in games of their own) stuff which you came up with, you could just tell us so, and we won't use it.  :)
Does that answer your question?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 03:31:34 AM »
This will be modified a little bit on the new site but for the most part this is it.

Submissions Disclosure/Disclaimer/Whatever

The purpose of this site is to disseminate ideas and tools to anybody that needs them. The main goal is to provide plots, adventure hooks, weapons, and characters for personal use of game masters or players. Because of this, submissions here must be made in the understanding that once submitted, the submission will be in the public domain. The intention of this site is for them to be used by anybody for private game use only and permission is granted to distribute these submissions in any way or form provided they are not used for profit. The authors will retain their copyright. All I ask is that you keep the author's and contributor's info intact with any version you re-post.

Further, I will retain the right to edit, delete, modify, etc., all submissions. In most cases I will not judge the quality of the submission, but I will correct blatant spelling errors or anything else that may cause difficulty in reading. As long as it is in good taste and is a sincere effort then it will remain. If the submission is of extremely poor quality, or is blatantly not a serious submission (funny submissions are obviously welcome, serious as in not a valid attempt) the submission will disappear as soon as I review it. Every submission that gets inputted into the database goes straight to my in-box where I have a chance to review it. Once submitted, the author of the plot will be able to have full access to their submission and will be able to modify, delete, edit, and whatever.

http://www.strolen.com/main/disclaimer.php

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 03:33:46 AM »
I don't think I will accept pdfs ever. I don't like having to download things to view them.

The new site, however, will allow you to post an image with the submission so that is in the works.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline eNiasni

• Apprentice
    • http://www.wreckedinsanity.com
    • Awards
awww shucks.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 10:17:18 PM »
I keep all of my stuff in pdf format. It's a lot easier in working images into the layout of the material than trying to make a website for each thing.

^_^