llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: just want to say hello  (Read 2108 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Caitriona

• Apprentice
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« on: June 17, 2004, 04:15:55 PM »
Hello everybody..
I didn't know where to put this post, so please excuse me if this is the wrong place.

And please excuse me for my terrible English - I'm from Germany, so it must be awful to read this. :oops:

Well, I don't exactly know how I got here, but I thought it couldn't be wrong to register and find out what people from other countries think about RPG.

I play a lot (well, in German..) and really love it! Mostly I play Fantasy- oder Medieval-RPG. I've started in a chatroom and then went to message boards. Know I'm the admin of a board, but it's quite new and we are only twelve members. But I think it will grow soon. ;)

Then there is an online-game which is connected to a board where we play a lot, too. It's called Gold and Glory but it is only in German.

Well, I don't want anybody to be bored, so I'll stop now.

Greets,
Caitriona

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 05:31:59 PM »
Well, thank you for joining, Caitriona.
We always love to see new members, even if they don't know where to put their greetings.
Also, your English is excellent. Thank you for telling us you were from Germany, 'cuz it helps the grammar police among us (i.e., me) to curtail our corrections.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline TsarDragon

• Apprentice
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 06:33:36 PM »
Yea you got more from the Captain in his first post to you than I did.  I just tried to hi to everyone and he greated me with " You spelt Konichiwa wrong." :roll:   Despite that he is an awsome guy in my book.  (Yes Captain that is a compliment, just smile and nod.)Lol.

Yes your English is very good.  After some of the epals I've had from other countries your English is excellant! Heck your English is better than some people where that's the only language they know!  Like me. :wink:

Yes now this shall be my new ritual to greeting new members!

HAVE ROOT BEER.  Dances around and mutters some strange words then a dragon  :bigdragon: comes out of no where and hands you the wonderful soda.  (I'm a BIG fan of Root Beer.)  Have fun RPing!
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?"

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 07:57:47 PM »
Hmm, Welcome to the Citadel Caitriona. As with the others, I must say your english is better than some of the english-speaking people who post in this site!

it's always good to see newcomers.
As I am sure you have realised by the previous two posters, this place is not the most sane place. As a matter of fact, it seems insanity is a requirement for it. So if you arent Insane, please talk to our very own Proffessor Captain Penguin for a crash course.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 09:48:46 PM »
HARHAR!
POSTEEEEEEEEEEEEER!
I GOT MY POSTER!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Caitriona

• Apprentice
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 06:02:07 AM »
Thank you all for that friendly greetings. :) And for praising my English.. ;)

Insanity? No problem for me! *grin* In Germany we RPG-lovers are outsiders of society. And if we do LARP, we have to be careful not to be caught by .. ehm ... we say "the men with the white jackets". It means the people who look after the insane people from the ... lunatic asylum (this word is from Google so I don't know if it's correct.. ;) ). But it is quite funny talking about RPG while sitting at the bus stop or wherever. The people always look at us as if we would jump up and choke them every second. :lol:

I think I have to search for my dictionary.. I have no idea where I put it because school is over for me now and I threw it somewhere in my room.. Well, I have to tidy up today so I can search for it later. (I'm so terribly lazy.. :roll: )

Well, but now I have to go. The sentence I wanted to say now has to be omitted, because I have no idea how to say that in English..  :?

Bye! ;)

Ehm, might be a silly question but.. What is Root Beer ? Is it a determined (Google knows great words *grin*) sort of beer ? I even don't know german beer 'cause I don't like it. I like sweet things like/as (?) Met.. Honeywine we call it.. ;)

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 08:15:16 AM »
Root beer is a non-alcoholic carbonated drink which has a sasparilla taste - or licorice taste. Quite disgusting, really ^^
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Caitriona

• Apprentice
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 04:14:11 AM »
I have never tasted licorice but a friend of mine loves it... ;)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 11:48:33 PM »
Meh. Root beer. You like it or you don't. Me, personally, I don't like it.

And yes, "lunatic asylum" is the right words, but usually we call it a "crazy house", "insane asylum", or, if you're politically correct, "mental hospital".

Offline Caitriona

• Apprentice
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2004, 02:53:14 PM »
I think I should have come here a bit earlier.. Then I would have been able to put my thoughts for class tests into words. But that's the way it goes.. ;)

We say "flip mill". Not far away from my home there is one.. It's name is Carl-Bonhoeffer-Mental Hospital" but we call it Bonnie's Ranch..

Omg, I just read some RPG and I think I don't dare RPing here.. I didn't even understand half of the words.. :(

Well, but I hope some of you want to talk to me a bit offtopic about RPing and everything.. It would be interesting to know, what music you hear and so on.. I love music! ;)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2004, 04:44:57 PM »
A short list: Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, Rammstein, the Beatles, Queen, Queensryche, Modest Mouse, the Beta Band, video-game soundtracks, et cetera.

Offline Caitriona

• Apprentice
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2004, 05:45:00 PM »
Oh, you know Rammstein ?? Do you know what they are singing? I like them, too.. My most beloved songs are "Klavier" and "Engel". I love music with beautiful melodies.

Well, at the moment I'm listening to Carved in Stone.
Other bands I love are:
Tristania, Nightwish, Runrig, Poeta Magica, Capercaillie, Hagalaz Runedance, Cornix Maledictum, Subway to Sally, In Extremo, Duivelspack, Faun, Sisters of Mercy, The Cure, Diva Destruction, ... Some of these are gothic, some folk, some 80ies some medieval and metal of course.. But now I can't turn the music on so loud because it's 43 past midnight and my family is sleeping.

I'm not tired. And talking with friends in/over/... (?) ICQ is funnier than sleeping.. ;)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2004, 05:53:44 PM »
I know some of what they are singing.
My favorite Rammsteing songs are "Heir Kommt die Sonne" and "Du Riecht So Gut".

Offline Caitriona

• Apprentice
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2004, 03:46:20 AM »
And how do you know that? Did you translate the songtexts yourself?
I find it so interesting that in America people know Rammstein and like them although they're only singing in German. The only exeption I know is "Stripped", covered from the Depeche Mode-version.
The second thing is that many english-speaking people don't like our language because in their ears it sounds strange and not as soft as English.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2004, 10:27:51 AM »
And how do you know that? Did you translate the songtexts yourself?

Yep. With Altavista.

And I know a very, very small amount of German. Not enough really to carry on a conversation, even. But stuff like "ja", "nein", "kliene" (is that how you spell "small"?), "gross", some verbs...
I can say "onions" ("zwiebeln") and some wierd words like that, which I actually learned from Rammstein.

Offline Caitriona

• Apprentice
    • Awards
just want to say hello
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2004, 10:32:23 AM »
:lol: Altavista is great. I had some experiences with it in the chatroom this morning..
And a friend told me, that in America Rammstein is much more famous than here in Germany!