llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ahoy!  (Read 1467 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline zia_narratora

• Nomad
    • Awards
Ahoy!
« on: June 11, 2004, 12:37:00 AM »
Hi, everyone!  I'm new here!  My name is tea; I found this place from RPG Gateway and thought I would drop by.  

I started tabletopping back in 1988, did some LARP in high school, and have now found my home playing in freeform online games.  The one I help run now is Shiver My Timber, and historical fantasy game that takes place in a Caribbean colony in the 1640s.  

I can't think of anything else to say at the moment, but hello everyone, I look forward to checking this place out.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Ahoy!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 12:55:11 AM »
Yarr, matey!
Good to see another pirate around.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Ahoy!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 01:00:17 AM »
A heavily-hooded, black-robed figure abruptly appears, arising out of the very shadow of the newcomer. He steps back a pace or so after his emergence, however, and gives a faint bow, speaking  in an emotionless, monotone voice. "Greetings, newcomer, and welcome to Strolens Citadel. T'is always a pleasure to have newcomers. Stay a while, see the sights, watch out for the grog barrels bieng thrown around. Please, don't mind the insanity... nay, embrace it!" The figure laughs evilly and backs away a few more paces before conveniently tripping over the hem of his robes, utterly ruining the sinister impression he wished to give. After sprawling ungracefully to the ground, he quickly pushes himself back up, muttering beneath his breath, before realising that Zia is still there! "Oh! er... hm... Well, it seems we have another pirate to add to our ranks. At least you arent a penguin!"
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Ahoy!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 02:31:20 AM »
HEY....I know that site :)

I absolutely love the style of it and spent a lot of time on it. A lot of good information on there about the era. Went through a pirate phase where I devoured a good many books about it and found your site about the same time. Great resource!

I don't know how I became a fairy princess taking your pirate quiz though. ;)  http://shiver.therogue.net/piratey.html

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline zia_narratora

• Nomad
    • Awards
Ahoy!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 04:33:57 PM »
ARRRR!  Ahoy, mateys.  

I'm happy to hear people like our site.  We've just kind of amassed info for our players' sanity, so they don't have to go looking everywhere to see if they're in the right time period.  It's kind of fun, because historical fantasy lets you do all the research and then break all the rules.  Like, my character just bought The Amber Spyglass from a timetravelling bookseller, and is now in the process of trying to hunt down the subtle knife.  It really gives us a lot of leeway to bring in anyone we want-- someone in the game just accidentally discovered kryptonite, for example, and we're about to have superheroes take over the island for a storyline  :D

And the Piratey Test measures your pirateness from least piratey (Ninja) to most piratey (Pirate)!  A fairy princess is more piratey than a ninja or a businessman, but not as piratey as a pirate or a spaceman!  

Anyway, super super resources here, I'm still digging through them and very happy to be among your number :D

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Ahoy!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 05:01:27 PM »
I be 100% Piratey!

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Ahoy!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004, 05:45:59 PM »
Well, of course you are CP, you are the only one I know that has died of scurvy. ;)

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Ahoy!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 06:12:53 PM »
The first time I died was that one time that I ate the dynamite.
I think scurvy was the fourth.

Offline zia_narratora

• Nomad
    • Awards
Ahoy!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2004, 09:25:50 PM »
I almost died of scurvy!  No one told me thar be vitamins in gummi bears!

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Ahoy!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 08:20:35 PM »
Nobody appears, not actually existing, but not quite not existing. Then he mocks ShadowEagle's little entrance for a minute, and stops mocking ShadowEagles entrance.

"Captain is only talking about the times he died eating things. There are plenty more ones that go unnacounted for."
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster