llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: "Demon Winter"  (Read 48304 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2004, 12:45:41 PM »
A thrill of warmth passed through him as her arms wrapped around him for the brief instant. His hand was wrapped around three-quarters drawn, poison tipped krisknife. At such a sudden violation of personal space, of which Seraph had not at all been used to, he had immediately gone to his knife. He quickly sheathed it before Aden could see it, but as she drew back from her embreace he saw that the damage had been done. there was a small but potentially lethal cut on her leg of which his blade had taken part. As she went on, tears still having left their mark of dew upon her eyelashes, she seemed not to even notice the cut. He had done a good job keeping his blade razor sharp.

As she turned to her friends he spoke with urgency tinted with a kind of calm, relaxed manner.
"you have a cut on your leg," and touching the spot as if to inspect the place that he already knew to be poisoned, "It is poisoned. It will need to be cleaned now, and without delay."
Bringing a finger, stained with a drop of blood, to his nose he added "It is Shatenta" he said. "It will not kill you, but if let sit it will paralyze the entire bottom half of your body within less than a minute." Sniffing it again he said "it has been distilled and is very pure and high quality. There is no time to lose, sit down now and try to hold still."

It was true. The poison was quite strong, and should already be causing a complete lack of feeling in Adens mid-thigh where the cut lay through her white and green capes, not to mention a subtle numbness creaping quickly through the whole of her leg and witch would soon be cascading into the other one.

He pulled out his antidote, which he no longer even really needed for himself, who had adapted an immunity to the toxin. He applied the antidote quickly and surely, without pause or hesitation.

She had hugged him, and in return he had poisoned her, which in all actuallity bothered him much less than the former. She had hugged him, with tears in her eyes. He knew why Gerrard cared that he find Seraph. Gerrard needed five to finish his job, and not four. Gerrard was not worth trusting, but atleast Seraph had some leverage with wich he could work to his favor. But Aden, that puzzled him. And he was not sure why, but he had enjoyed that thrill of warmth that had just been passed to him. He would have to think about this later, when he had some time to think.

He thought this as he had finished bandaging up the wound. The whole process had taken less than half of a minute. There would still be some numbness for the next few minutes, but not complete paralysis, and it would go away without further care.

OOC: if i found anything, then i have taken them with me, and of course, i assume that you will tell me, what, if anything, i have found.
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2004, 11:29:14 PM »
Aden could already feel the pioson taking affect........... and so quickly after Seraph blade had grazed her........ she knew it was Seraphs blade not because she felt it slice across her leg but because he had decieved himself.......... he said that the poison would take affect within less than a minute and he was the only one that she had had any contact with within that moment.......... however she could only guess that it was an accident because it was he who bandaged her......... because of this she decided to keep the knowledge to herself besides this gave her reason to rest on the sleigh for a while and after todays events rest was one thing she was looking forward too!

OOC: I just assumed that the sled is still with us if it is not hten PM me and I will edit this post.
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2004, 12:48:57 PM »
Bear took in the whole scene, obviously relieved that Seraph was still alive and up to old tricks.  Bear was also aware that nothing had come into contact with Aden that would cause her to become poisoned.  But he, like Aden, kept the information to himself.  Quickly Bear dispatched Tree to check the camp for werewolf tracks and directions so he could get a proper feel on the numbers they would be dealing with.  Looking around his group he realized everyone was on their last leg due to non-stop battles and escapes they had all been dealing with in the last 48 hours.  As he mentally took all this in a crash ripped a bush apart behind where Seraph was bandaging Aden.  Before any could react, a massive werewolf tackled Aden to the ground and sunk it's teeth into her shoulder.    Due to Aden's weakened state and Seraph's distraction with mending her, neither were able to avoid the crushing rush completely.  After being knocked to the side, Seraph will manage to roll away clean and be ready for a counter attack.  Aden feels the crushing pressure caused by the huge werewolf's bulk and the bite is terribly painful.  As Bear wades in with his Battle Axe the werewolf quickly bounds off Aden and comes around on the group down on all fours.  "Foolish mortals.....my entire pack was just wiped out by those disgusting yettis....and should you kill me now....should my attempt at revenge fail....know that your pitiful maiden has now been infected and will carry on my legacy....!"  With a snarl of laughter, Lyrid, the leader of the werewolves, jumps at Seraph attempting to claw at his throat.  Somewhere in the near distance, the remaining yettis roar in frustration.  Obviously, some of them still survive and are looking for Lyrid and the group.  Tsurin can't help but notice the alluring twinkle on the ground in the middle of the camp.  Even with all of the confusion and the terror ispired by the massive rampaging werewolf on the attack, he feels pulled towards something on the ground.  If he chooses to give into this compelling objects pull, Tsurin will find himself looking down at a magical staff topped with a clear crystal sphere.  The sphere is glowing a light green.  Meanwhile, now that battle is fully upon Seraph, he feels a warmth spread from his new gloves throughout the rest of his body.  Seraph will begin to feel stronger.  He now has the strength of 5 of his kind.  Also, Seraph begins to feel a slight burn from the concealed blade he had taken from the Jade Assassin.  It seems to be calling to him mentally.  

OOC:  Seraph, you found assorted belongings of travelers caught and eaten by the werewolves.  Amongst their belongings you procured about 30 silver and 10 gold pieces.
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

"Beware the faceless...for he only deals in souls and riches."

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2004, 02:33:26 PM »
Gerrard watched helplessly as the werewolf burst from the underbrush and sank its jaws into Aden. His eyes closed to slits as he heard what the beast said, and his fingers closed around the spear's haft. He pulled it in front of him and when it went for Seraph he lunged at it, swinging the spear point towards the lycanthrope's head...
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2004, 04:44:12 PM »
Seraph, although feeling much stronger, was not about to deviate from what worked. He dodged to the side in a roll while, in an almost non-existant moment, unsheathing his dagger and,  still having plenty of poison on the blade, around so that it would act as a barrier between him and the werewolf. If the blade was caught fully submerged into the attacking werewolf, it would lock up the entire body in a minute's time, and lock up whatever was wounded in mere seconds.

If and when he came up, he would be back in battle ready stance. The draw to the hidden blade would not take over his instincts of survival. he would hold his blade in standard motion, and if the werewolf apeared slowed, would switch it to his left hand and pull and throw a dart with his left.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2004, 10:30:34 PM »
Aden holding her wounded sholder blade is furious.......... the beast already emurging inside her............. she turns her head her eyes glowing the color of frost on glass she draws a silver Arrow from her quiver and strings it tight................. her teeth Bared and knuckles white she shoots..............
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2004, 07:44:44 AM »
The werewolf misses it's attack on Seraph and takes a chunk out of an oak tree trunk  instead.  Lyrid did take a glancing blow to the ribs from Seraph's blade and stops to look down at it.  Within seconds, much to Seraph's dismay, the wound heals the werewolf smiles.  With the flawless instincts of one who had lived for over 500 years, Lyrid felt the spear coming for him before he saw it.  With a quick duck and grab, he deflects Gerrard's spear and spins around launching a spinning backfist at the human's exposed face.  Gerrard is launched several feet into the air and goes crashing down hard on the ground.  Lyrid spins the disarmed spear and twirls it in his hand making ready to throw it at the prone form that was Gerrard.  Luck saved Gerrard in that instant.  As Lyrid made ready to throw a silver streak whizzed in towards his chest.  Again, instincts saved the wolf lord as he dodges away barely escaping the sting of the arrow.  The spear was forgotten in the evasion and was dropped to the ground.  Bear's battle ax came screaming in and again the werewolf avoided certain death.  After ducking the swing Lyrid uppercutted Bear sending him up into the air and out several feet into the camp.  The guardian hit hard and did not move from his final position on the ground.  Lyrid looked around and saw the fury in Aden's eyes.  Again the werewolf opened his maw and smiled at her.  Two down.  Only the pathetic rat, elf and wizard to go.  Lyrid was liking his odds more and more.  Looking once again at the elf, Lyrid's eyes begin to glow red.  Aden, feeling the mental barrage stumbles back and goes down to one knee.  She was infected now and the lure of her master was already taking hold of her subconscious.  Images of a pack hunting and the thrill of the kill were attacking Aden's mind.  She feels her body lock up as the images continue to assault her.  Now, with the potent arrows no longer a threat, Lyrid wheeled on the Seraph and Tsurin and let out an eerie howl.  Then slowly, the massive werewolf began to stalk up to his final opponents.  
Seraph again feels a strong impulse in his mind....something begging him to unsheath his hidden dagger.  The promise of glory and riches also ride that impulse into the ratman's mind.  Tsurin feels the pull from the staff lying not four feet from him.  It's charm seeks to win his heart in different ways.  Promise of ultimate power and knowledge assault the climate wizard.  These images compete with the terror Tsurin feels at the predicament he finds himself in.  The werewolf, being a magical creature, can sense the internal battle both Seraph and Tsurin are engaged in and cackles in delight.  He was looking forward to eating the ratman.  He had always enjoyed eating their kind.  He continues to stalk in slowly.  Enjoying the panic he caused in others when they finally realized their doom was upon them.
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2004, 01:38:12 PM »
Seraph, knowing when he was in trouble reached into his cloak with a single hand and threw down two flasks halfway between himself and the werewolf. one explodes in a flash of bright light, the other in an explosion of smoke, immediately bilowing around the campsite. Seraph lightly prances sideways without making a sound and pulls and throws a bolo, once concealed within his belt as mere decoration, at the position he last heard the werwolf at. The heavy smoke screen creates a very powerful odor, and Seraph closes his eyes, and strains his ears for any sounds large enough to be Lyrid. Almost with a nervous twitch he pulls the rusted dagger from his hidden sheath, and noticing that the act was a curious one, but not wasting the time to understand why he did it, weilded the blade. The thud of his previous knife can be heard several feet off as it hit and rolled on the ground from when he discarded it as a diversion. His left hand was hovering around another bolo, which when thrown would create no sound at all, but was made out of high strength steel.

Seraph continued to move sideways without making any sound on the ground below him. Blind fighting was his specialty, and even against those who had better hearing than Seraph (which were very few) his training in the martial art gave him a strong advantage. Dispite that advantage however, he was still worried. The cut that had healed so quickly was not what worried him, but the poison should have taken effect anyways, healing or no healing. This Lyrid had some kind of immunity to his poisons, and if neither poison nor wound could hurt him, he wondered how he could win this fight.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2004, 02:27:37 PM »
The instant Seraph unsheathed his dull blade an assault of mental images and instructions entered his mind.  He saw both wonderous and terrible things.  Places long since vanished from the world as well as things still present.  He saw the demons marching towards the cliff they now traveled too.  He felt words pounding into his mind.   "She is one of them now master...slay her before she can help her master....the guardian will betray you...it is written in prophesy....it has happened before....he will betray in blood and spirit....but he doesn't know it yet....kill the elf...she is a slave now...do not trust her..." and the words continued to bombard his senses.  Finally the visions and words began to subside, but one final empathic vision assaulted Seraph with shocking finality.  The blade...or whatever was inside the blade, feared Lyrid.  A vision of another hand weilding the blade ended in the bearer lying dead on his back with the werewolf howling in victory.  "silver master......only the purest silver will destroy the wolf lord...."...and then just as fast as the mental barrage had started it quickly faded leaving Seraph in full control of his factulties.  A yelp followed by a frustrated growl let Seraph know his projectile had scored a direct hit resulting in minimul damage.  Somewhere in the smoke covered campsite, a powerful werewolf continued to stalk Seraph and the rest of his companions.  Although Seraph could fight blindly using his senses, only one other shared his advantage.  Lyrid.  The rest of the group was now blind and defenseless in the dense smoke.  Another growl rocked the campsite as Lyrid negotiated the forms through his sense of smell.  Somewhere closeby another roar of frustration and anger signaled the yetti troup's close proximety.  Things were, once again, about to become ugly.

OOC:  The blade feels light to the touch and has lost it's dull apeal.  It's true form was unmasked when you pulled it from it's sheath.  What now appeared in Seraph's had was a small rapier.  A rapier with flames emanating from it's blade.  The blade fills you with a sense of power.  Aside from the admitted fear of Lyrid, it makes you feel as if you can conquer any being that stands in your way.  The sentinent voice sooths you and does not cause you to fear it.  It sooths you like a loving parent sooths it's child.  It calls you master and lets you know that you are in control.  Enjoy!!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2004, 04:10:36 PM »
Aden could feel the smoke about her her senses already becoming more keen.  Her body began to go into contortions as her cloaks fell to her side. Her mind was was a race of incomplete images new memories filled her head....... not all of them her own. She sees a little boy playing in the forest then she sees dark red eyes... the eyes come closer and closer they are on the boy they are on her.... she wants to flee but can't an indescrible pain resonates through her body she looks at herself...... her body this is not her body. Her hands... her nails are long and sharp like blades... her arms are covered with hair... this is not her body she is confused and mad... her bones begin to seperate her mucsles once subtle are know bulging and riping her clothing....... she snarls at any that get to close.  She is angry at her own confusion... what is more she is mad at her master. Her head is jerked back again now the memory is a wolf clan.... alone in the wilderness an army. No a family, they are protecting them selves they are not monsters.... they are not monsters... they are not monsters..." THEY ARE NOT MONSTERS"she hears the words bursting from her mouth......
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2004, 12:39:08 PM »
The bolo had struck and now immobilized Lyrid's legs. That would buy a few moments. He had precious little time. He pulled out a single vial of what was an extremely fine mixture of silver dust dissolved into a sedative. He had made it long ago, soon after an encounter with a were-puma who he had vowed not to be so defensless aginst ever again.  The silver element was far stronger. He poured about two thirds of the vial onto his shoulder and silently brought the flat of his rapier along the place with the poison, and again for the other side. The rapier was now coated with a thin layer of silver. Then silently going over to Aden, whos position he had memorized right before throwing the gas bomb, he poured the rest of the liquid silver/sedative into her mouth. Dropping the vial on the ground very softly he pinched her nose with his hand, and brought his right hand, still holding the rapier so that the handle was all that might strike her if something should happen, clamped her mouth shut until he heard her swallow.

(and now for some pre-emptive text) Seraph expects that Lyrid has broken his bonds and is mobile. He also expects some kind of squeak from Aden, and a gasp of breath after he releases her. The silver she digests will make her pretty sick for several days time if she reamains fully human. It will cause her to throw up often, to feel nautious, and generally feel like she has food poisoning. The sedative will last for about five hours and take effect within about five minutes. Seraph's rapier is pointed at an upward angle towards Lyrid's last known and heard position. No tackle or linear force will be able to move the rapier in a direction towards Aden where the handle will not hit her before the blade. Seraph is expecting to be tackled or pounced upon and is positioned in such a way as to allow him to jump to the side while bringing the blade over his left shoulder as a defensive strike. His hold on the blade is extremely tight and will not be knocked out of his hands exept by extreme force directed soley at his hands.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2004, 02:43:06 PM »
OOC:  Again, you are not to provide the outcome of your proposed attacks on NPCs or PCs as stated in my second post in this thread.  If I were to allow that then godlike actions like what you posted above Seraph, would get out of control.  IN example, what would stop Aden from saying she chokes on the silver and plunges a dagger into your heart, thus killing you???  It would be unfair to you, thus it cannot be allowed.  Also, the actions you try to take encompass more than one round of action.  From a roleplaying point of view that isn't possible.  Also, saying you have a strong grip on your rapier and it can not be knocked out of your hand is purely speculation by your charater and your character alone.  Absolutes are easy to prove wrong!  Example, If a yetti were to swipe at your weapon with a club, surely the action has a percentage chance to knock your weapon away and/or out of your hand.  Also, until your character learns to control the magical weapon better, the flames haven't extinguished themselves yet...and your silver mixture has burnt away...unless you want to revise the aforementioned post.  Now, please do not take offense to this rant, as it is only that, a rant filled with constructive critisism.  Your roleplaying is quite remarkable, but you must except reason.  You are a ratman, and your group is facing the most powerful werewolf to have ever lived (in this setting that is).  You are outmatched by yourself.  Teamwork would work nicely here!  To believe otherwise is foolhardy.  Please edit your post in regards to poisoning Aden because it did not happen as far as I am concerned.  If you wish to attempt that action and turn your attention away from sensing and awaiting an attack from Lyrid, do so at your own caution.  I ask that this remain a mature debate should it turn into one.  I stated the rules for this thread at the beginning and I do not think I am being rude in enforcing them.  If any take offense to this please let me know and we can debate your reasons.  I am enjoying this game tremendously and would like to continue to do so.  Thanks for reading and I hope this doesn't become a big issue.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2004, 08:47:24 PM »
OOC: I believe that it was you who said that "A yelp followed by a frustrated growl let Seraph know his projectile had scored a direct hit resulting in minimul damage". no? the only weapon i had thrown was my bolo, and the only way it works is in the method discribed. I was following YOUR outcome. You said that it had hit, and although you seem to have not understood how the weapon works, the fact remains that that was your ruling. Now if it is not a problem for you to stick with that ruling, then i would rather not have to revise my post. It is like you said, i may not like your rulings or understand how you made them, but i do have to stick with them, and so far i have done so. I believe that thus far i have been very careful not to do too many things during a single turn, knowing full well that most of them involve the knowledge of said results. I have been very explicit in giving if-then statements that stated how i would react to a situation it the case that you wanted to do a lot in a single turn and need my characters imput as to what i might do.

So like i said, it was your ruling not mine.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2004, 08:19:36 AM »
OOC:  Okay, the "if" aspect of your posts is fine and I do apologize for not noting the difference.  But, you failed to reference the fact that you poisoned Aden listing an end result!  Also, listing all the possible things  you could and/or would do is fine every once in a while..but realistically you don't have that much time in a situation like that to think everything through.  So, I am asking that you not list more than two possible actions from now on.  Makes more sense for someone to have a primary and back up plan.  Third and fourth plans really require time and thought.  Two things you don't have in certain situations.  Example is actually pen and pad rpg...GM says "you are charged by angry monster XXX, you have 10 seconds  to reply with what your character wants to do."  Situations like that require a quick answer...not three seperate answers...so in the spirit of roleplaying, I ask you to take the aforementioned example and apply it to your posts in certain instances.  Thanks and lets keep the game rolling.  

Info:  Gerrard, you are weak and possibly a bit winded, but you are still able to move and fight.  Bear has also gotten back up to his feet now.  Nobody has seen or heard from Tree since the werewolf attacked, so it is possible that he is in the campsite, lost with everyone else in the dense smoke Seraph created.  Tsurin can still see the staff top glowing in the smoke.  Aden, although the images that assaulted you seemed to go on forever, they actually only took a couple of seconds in real time/game time to completely go through your mind.  You are completely aware and can feel Lyrid's position through your bond.  Note:  This bond does not control you in any way.  Yes, it makes you understand the plight of the werewolf-kind, but your understanding does not govern your actions.  

OOC:  I will post more after you have all taken some kind of action in the dense smoke.

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2004, 08:36:54 AM »
Gerrard turned over with a groan and spat a mouthful of blood onto the ground. Ok, this was just about enough. He'd only been involved in this little endeavor for about two days and he'd taken enough abuse to last the rest of his hopefully long life. This werewolf was not going to get them. He stood up as he reached into his coat, grabbing his secret potion. If ever there was a time and place...

He bit the cork from the top and let it fall to the snow. With a slight grimace at the idea of what he was about to do, he downed the potion then threw the vial at a tree, smashing it.

Within seconds the chemical begins to take effect. He feels his muscles ripping and tearing, twisting to match with the way his bones shift. His arms triple in size, as do his legs. His jaw begins to jut out and get larger. He manages to drop his coat off his shoulders before they grow as well, ripping the rest of his clothing to shreds as his now too-big body turns them to rags. Throughout the entire change, Gerrard can be heard roaring like a furious animal. When the change is finally complete, the mild chemist has turned into a 7 foot tall beast. Human, but much more agressive and feral looking. His fists clench and unclench with enough strength to crush rocks. When he finds this werewolf, it will rue the day it was born...

OOC: In case anyone doesn't understand what happened, this is intended to be a Dr Jekyl/Mr. Hyde type of change. I don't know how well I described it.
Authentic Strolenite©

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2004, 09:27:25 PM »
ooc: Hey all - sorry, cant stay long. not even long enough to catch up - im just posting to apologise for my absence. We've temporarily lost the internet at home, so i might be off for another week or longer. Warlock - I give permission for you to use my character how you see fit :P

Sorry all :( Cyas
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2004, 11:28:34 AM »
OOC:um, everything i say not OOC is In Character. This is all my characters views. I had hoped you would have realized this. I had however forgotten that my sword was on fire. If there is a bond between me and my sword, am i able to stop it from being on fire for the purposes of applying my silver extract and keeping it from catching on fire again? Both me and my sword understand that the silver may be all that saves us.

For future reference however, when i tell you what my character is expecting, it is because i know how my character thinks. I have spent a lot of time with him and nothing he does or prepares is ever against his personality, even if it would be more beneficial. My character has been in enough situations to know the probable outcome, including many battles. He survives by relying on himself, not others, and if he had not developed a certain fondness of Aden (of which is an OOC revalation, so don't bank on it. I am quite fond of the twist of the knife) he would have left the group long ago. What does the destruction of the world matter to him if he dies first. My character is NOT a team player. He acts out of necessity and sometimes out of greed and pride. I chose a flawed character for a reason. I am assuming that i am right when i say that this personality keeps things interesting.

Anyway, last but not least, the reason for my telling you pre-emptive text is most often to inform you that he is expecting something bad to happen, and that he is aware of his surroundings. I have noticed that when i have not, i wind up being blindsighted as if i had forgotten about the rest of the world. Not a complaint, just an observation. I know my character better than you do, and that is fine. You can always negate anything of mine that i say, because, my character only expects the worst of probable outcomes. Obviously if my character is impaled, he would probably drop his weapon. And in the case of my saying that there is a thin silver coating on my sword, i never said that it would stay there, only that it was applied

As for the flaming sword, i would not have touched a flaming sword to my shoulder. I had neglected to remember that it is on fire. Like i said earlier, if there is a way around this then perhaps that can be worked out, if not, then, say so and i will completely revise my last post.

However, please do not assume that MY character will do the most sensible thing. He is wary and paranoid but not what i would call sensible. Sensible would have been not to kill the Herald. What i would like you to keep im mind, is that my character is in fact, a paranoid little rat-man who is currently five to ten times stronger than usual. He is almost always listening over his shoulder (as opposed to watching over his shoulder which might tip others off as to his suspicions).

So if there is a way to work out that whole fire thing, and keep my post, then i would rather do that, otherwise i would like to make the same post with the knife, although like you said, my character likes the sword.

(Oh yes, and one more thing, those images that flurried through my mind...did any or all of them give me a general idea as to the layout or the configuration of my immediate or not so immediate surroundings. It is not at all beyond the realm of possibility that my character will find a new reason to temporarily venture off on his own (especially with gerrard being a traitor and his own death almost prophesied) and having a general understanding of where he is going, and how he would be able to get back to the main group is of course definately handy.)

Allright. I am glad that we have made this contact. so like i said, keep me posted.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2004, 11:32:56 AM »
Oh, and by the way, to Alec shadowkin, Mr. Hyde was actually smaller than jeckyll in the original book, and being a fanatic, i would hope that you might indulge me in not making that parralell.

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2004, 12:13:29 PM »
Ok, I'm going to apologize in advance for this, because I'm sure I'm going to offend somebody but it needs to be said.

Quit the two year old whining crap and just roleplay!!

I don't know about Adel, and I'm sure it isn't bothering Shadoweagle since he hasn't been able to be here, but I for one am getting awfully sick of listening to Warlock and Nobody gripe at one another. If you have OOC nonsense like this to take care of do it in a PM so the rest of us don't have to see it! Good Goddess, the two of you are all but having a digital pissing contest! Just knock it off. I was greatly enjoying this RP, and I think everyone else was too, but now I'm only barely even interested in it any more since most of the recent posts have been you two bickering like school children. Just please: knock it off and let us get back to the actual roleplaying before we decide it isn't worth the aggravation anymore.

And, Nobody: First off, it is my character who is named Gerrard, not Warlock's Guardian character, who is named Bear. Pay enough attention to the names in the RP you've been in for two full months now. And secondly: I really don't give a crap what Mr Hyde looked like in the book, especially since I was just using that story as an example of the type of transformation Gerrard just went through.

Ok, I guess my rant is over now. Again I apologize if anyone was offended, but honestly guys, this is getting ridiculous. Once you guys read this post I'll edit the post and delete it.
Authentic Strolenite©

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2004, 08:30:48 AM »
OOC:  Okay, Alec is right and we should get back on track.  As far as I am concerned, me and Nobody are good to go!
INFO:  Regarding the sentient blade, all I will tell you is that even though it is ancient, it is still ignorant in certain ways of the world.  Seraph, you can impart mental instructions and let the blade know your desires.  You are the first thief it has ever been "attached" too and the first to try and appy chemicals to it's blade.

IC:  As Bear wipes the cobwebs from his head he begins to take in his predicament.  He couldn't see beyond his own glowing ax.  That wasn't good.  The camp had grown silent and took on a haunted look with the thick smoke obscurring everything.  "Aden, talk to the winds....beg them to blow this smoke to the nethers.....if you can hear me...do it quickly....!" Bear half yelled towards the area he last saw Aden standing.  
(Meanwhile)  "Ratman...my dear ratman....I am going to enjoy dining on your entrails....I can smell your fear....yes....you will be a tastey one...of that I am sure...." taunted Lyrid from somewhere in the smokey cover.  "Ahh...I see you've acquired a new weapon....fool...it will be your ultimate downfall....even now, it looks for the best way to leech your life away from you...(laughter then a pause)...why not let me do it instead...." as the last is said, Seraph will see the 10ft werewolf emerge from the smoke...Lyrid is standing not 6ft away from him, holding a small tree trunk in his hands preparing to swing at Seraph with it's makeshift club.  Tsurin kneels down oblivious to his surroundings as the staff continues its assaultive charms.  To any watching, he appears mezmerized by the glowing staff.  To Bear's shock, he sees the massive human rippled with muscle stalk past him in the direction the werewolf's voice and the orange glow were emanating from.  Before Bear could act, the new creature (gerrard) was past him and once again covered up in the relentless smoke.  "what in the world is happening in this camp" Bear thought to himself and once again cried out..."Aden...please, now is the time to call forth the winds....we need their support!"  
Bear knew that somewhere out there, what was left of the Yetti patrol was quickly closing on this campsite and their position.  They had to get out of here and make haste towards the Guardian's cave....time was not in their favor and the mission was definantly in danger of failing!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2004, 11:10:49 PM »
Aden had completed her transformation, and was glad to say she remained herself, mentally not physically. She heard Bears cry for help so she quickly obliged him and calmed herself ready for the wind.  She began to sing, but the vioce was not her own. She didn't have time for that now.... she needed to clear the smoke The wind wirled about her licking her now furry body. It spoke riddles and secrets in her ears she pleeded with the wind in her song as her harsh vioce rose and fell with harmony to the wind, " Know me, please know me..." as she sang tears developed in her eyes... the same viridan eyes.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2004, 07:28:45 AM »
Though Aden strained with everything in her soul, the wind failed to hear her plea.  Aden feels the emotion of the wind and it regards her as a stranger in this new form.  The wind comes as if to inspect Aden's new form but does nothing but swirl around her.  Though this was not the desired effect, the swirl was enough to push most the smoke from the campsite.  As the smoke cleared a horrible scene was displayed.  Towering above Seraph was the mighty Lyrid, poised to strike with a fallen tree trunk.  Seraph, stood his ground while holding a flaming rapier.  From this distance, Bear could swear Seraph's eyes mimicked the dancing flame.  As shocking as that scene was, the surrounding was even more terrible.  Stalking up behind Lyrid was a massive humanoid.  It looked to be quite ferral and violent.  But as Bear looked more closely, the giant resembled Gerrard!  Lyrid, caught up in his bloodlust, failed to see the massive Gerrard coming up behind him.  If this wasn't enough, Bear turned to the where the swirling wind had originated, and what he saw caused him to take a step back.  Standing not 10ft from his position, was a 8ft Silver werewolf.  Beneath the wolf, covered in a small amount of blood, was the remainder of one of Aden's cloaks.  A terrible surge of rage washed over Bear as he took a step towards this new werewolf.  He would kill this vile creature.  He took another step and the silver werewolf turned it's attention on him.  This caused the guardian to stop dead in his tracks.  Those eyes.  He recognized those eyes.  "Ade" he began to wisper.  But, the brutal battle scream of Tree cut him off.  Charging out of the remnants of the smoke came Tree with his massive warhammer lifted up over his head for the killing blow.  Aden heard it too and had time to turn around to see who was fast approaching her rear.  The scene was unfolding at a fast paced rate and Bear could do nothing but scream out the name...."ADEN!"  Bear had no doubts what Tree meant to do and when he decided to try and intercept tree an old gnome appeared at his left side smiling up at him.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2004, 09:24:33 AM »
OOC: Yes you are right Alec, I apologize, but it was necessary that me and the Warlock get this all worked out. As for the name thing, sorry about that. I only have half an hour at a library computer and no time to double check my posts. As for the J & H thing, it wasn't meant as a disrespect, but it would still make me a bit happier if you would just run it as your own concept. I can probably help being a fanatic, but it won't happen anytime soon.

I am assuming that i never applied the silver extract to my blade, nor poured it into Adens mouth (just based off the last few posts)

IC: Seraph, using his 5 to ten times strength, jumps foreward at a low angle towards Lyrid with his Rapier at full tilt. The idea is to get under the great brute. For once, Seraph was no longer aware of anything but the scene before him. As he got near to Lyrid he would jump away with all of his enhanced strength and throw a bolo at his legs, with or without the sword. Lyrid's comment had scared him, and Seraph did not believe him to be lying. If it were not lost in this battle, Seraph would have to find out what the sword was. If that Gnome were only findable. The last couple thoughts did not even fully pass through his mind. He was, in fact, far more concerned with living.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2004, 09:54:03 AM »
Lyrid's face contorted to one of surprise at the bold charge Seraph was attempting.  Not use to small creatures charging him, Lyrid was slow to react.  As Seraph got close, Lyrid swung the awkward tree trunk in an attempt to smash the ratman.  At the same moment, Seraph jumped back displaying tremendous agility while unleashing another bolo.  Once again, the weapon hit home in Lyrid's leg causing the werewolf to howl in pain and anger.  Quickly Lyrid ripped the projectile out of his leg and made ready for his attack.  Already the wound was beginning to close on the werewolf's leg.  Lyrid decides to launch himself after the bounding ratman, tree club in hand.  As he reaches 10ft in the air he launches the tree trunk at Seraph's position with an amazing amount of velocity while grabbing onto a closeby tree branch to halt his own fall.  Lyrid was using the tree trunk projectile as a diversion.  When Seraph dodged this time, he would meet him at his next destination for the kill.  As the trunk soard down at Seraph, Lyrid had already swung up and perched himself on the tree branch in a tight coil.  Once the ratman made his move to dodge, Lyrid would swoop down and meet Seraph at his next landing point,.  Lyrid began to salivate at the thought of sinking his teeth into the ratman's sweet flesh.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2004, 07:32:11 PM »
Aden turned to see Tree rushing at her. She holds up a hand and beckons him to stop. Tears now streaming freely from her eyes she collapses to her knees and bows her head. She looks up at the once giant of a man. " I have no doubt that you wish to Kill me, but you must understand that I am still myself." Her vioce know shook with intensity, " I wish death on myself. I used to mock my father and be shameful of the gift I once had. I had reason. It is only now when I can no longer call it mine that I see it for what it was. I do however know that if you wish to survive this night and the next that you still have need of me. I am one of the five whether elemental or... wolf. It is for this reason that I.." with lightning quick reflexes she she stands once again to her full hieght and leaps in front of   Lyrid shielding Seraph.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©