llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: "Demon Winter"  (Read 37840 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« on: May 21, 2004, 01:41:22 PM »
(writings from Roland, scribe of Thalos).........Nestled high in the Shale mountains the villiage of Natook lies in a valley between the two massive peaks named the Dwarves Anvil and the Phantom Peak.  The first was named for the dwarven clan that once inhabited the tunnels found along the base of the mountain.  The Phantom Peak was named for more horrific reasons.  Any explorer or treasure hunter foolish enough to venture to the legendary tunnels near the summit never returned.  It was said that one could find an ancient Ice Dragon's treasure hidden within.  Some said only death awaited those foolish enough to tresspass in the ancient Dragon's lair.  Again, none knew for sure.  None had seen the dragon in hundreds of years.  But that was to change......In the year 137, a month before the heavy blizzards of winter claimed the mountain passes and trapped the citizens of Natook for the duration of the winter months, a famous dwarven explorer named Vlarg Goldbeard took four of his clansmen and began the climb to the Phantom Peak's lengendary summit.  Goldenbeard had never failed in a campaign to date and this adventure would once again prove his skill.  Two weeks later, his troop reached the tunnels at the summit of the Phantom Peak.  Excitement fueled Vlarg on as he reached his objective and he entered the tunnel with renewed vigor.  Only a hundred feet in he found his way barred by a solid granite door marked with runes he could not read.  Frustrated, for nearly three days Vlarg and his troop found no way to get past the barrier they faced.  Enraged, Vlarg finally took up his family warhammer, which was a mighty weapon imbued with the power of his clans Thunder God.  With all his pent of anger brought to bare, he unleashed his rage and struck the door with one mighty blow after another.  The moutain top shook from the explosive assault.  Rubble and debree thickened the air and blocked the site four hours.  Who would of known that the mighty dwarfs strike would chang the lives of the Natook citizens and any adventurers trapped there for the winter in such terrible ways.  The change would be remembered for the rest of their lives.  For once the debree cleared from the air and the view was clear, Vlarg and his troop new instantly that the legends had been wrong.  Somewhere in the past, someone of great wisdom seeking to protect the mountain peoples had created the dreaded story of the Ice Dragon to prevent anyone from venturing into the tunnels.  The truth unfortunately, was far more sinister....and far more deadly.  In actuallity, Vlarg had destroyed the ward that sealed the "Demon Gate".  A gate which had been created a thousand years ago by a dark necromancer who's name had been forgotten in time along with his foul creation.  Now fully unleashed, the demonic spirits could escape there prison and possess any creature not pure of heart.  Once possessed, the demons could use their bodies to wreak havoc on the world.  Well, now you know how it started.  Now you know the full horror of what the mountain inhabitants faced that winter.  Now, let me tell you there tale.  Let me tell you the tale of the "Demon Winter".
(writings of Roland, Scribe of Thalos.)
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

"Beware the faceless...for he only deals in souls and riches."

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 02:14:28 PM »
OOC: Hey all. Pretty much the way I like to GM/guide the story on this thread is....you can post anything you like concerning your character. The one exception is...there actions. You can post what your character will attempt and I as the moderator will post the end results. Should be alot of fun.

IC:  Within the small villiage of Natook, the hearty, weathered citizens can be seen heading home for the night after a hard days work in the gold mines.  A couple stop at the Mountain Goat Inn to throw back some ale and brush back the chill of the cold winter night.  As you enter the Inn, it is nothing special.  The building is constructed from the surrounding forest's pine trees.  A large fire booms in the stone hearth and laughter and storytelling can be heard throughout the large establishment.  The bar is long and L shaped.  Behind the bar, the owner, Bear Mathews attends his patrons.  His first name is more of a nickname given to him for the obvious reasons.  The man was close to 7 feet tall and well over 350 pounds.  Aside from a large gut, he was well muscled and renown for his ability to weild his legendary battle axe.  Bear was respected and looked upon as the closest thing to a mayor that the village had.  
Tonight everyone rejoiced knowing full well the winter had officially started and work in the mines would cease.  Behind their rejoice, an unspoken tension was brewing.  It had been five weeks since Vlarg Goldenbeard and his troop had set off and no word had reached the village on their whereabouts.  Not to mention, two weeks past a red glow could be seen from the Phantom Peak.  The unearthly glow had lasted four days.  Now sensing that tension, Bear wanted to ease it a bit for his townsfolk.  "Attention all!" he boomed out.  Instantly the conversations died away and eveyrone turned their attetion towards the big man.  Walking out from behind the bar, Bear carried his massive battle axe over his shoulder.  Clearing his throat a bit, Bear looked over towards the huge wooden target 25 feet from his position at the bar.  With one might throw he hurled his axe in the direction of the target and scored a perfect hit inside the 5 inch red cirlce at the center of the target.  The crowed errupted in cheers of amazement and pleasure.  Bear smiled at the attention and made a gesture with both his hands for the cheering to subside.  Once able to speak again, Bear issued the following, "25 Gold Pieces to any in the bar tonight that can match my throw with your weapon of choice!"  With that, more cheers were heard and the big man retrieved his axe and returned to his station behind the bar.
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

Offline Ranisha Mikacado

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 05:07:44 PM »
As the bartender went back to the bar, Ranisha looked down at her cup of wine, her ice blue eyes were reflecting off it.

"Pretty impressive, you have act of handling you weapon well." Ranisha said to the bartender, still looking down at her cup of wine. "I haven't seen anyone of your skills for a long time, it's good to finally see that some people out there are that skilled."

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 09:47:21 PM »
Through the doors of the pub, from the chill of the winters night, a solitary man entered. A dark sapphire headband was pulled around his forehead, pushing back a large amount of his navy-blue hair, which was tied in a neat ponytail behind his head. Several locks of his hair still fell down in front of his eyes, however, which sparkled the same near-black as that hair but with faint glints of white, as though it were snowing within those icy pools. The cold gaze cast by these eyes seemed to fit strangely with his lean face, leaving odd, though not hard-on-the-eye features. The rest of his body was covered in some way or another, thick shoulderpads fell down behind his back into a blue cape, and these pads, which offer slight protection to his body, were held together by a brass lining, layed with genuine jade gems. A similar gem was inset into the copper-linked belt which surrounded his midsection, holding his clothing tightly to his body. His clothing consisted of various shades of blue, and covered his entire body to his ankles, where a set of comfortable, quiet leather boots were placed. His shirt arms were tucked into lengthy gloves, reaching almost elbow length. Obviously, he wasnt from around here.

As the man entered, he shifted his gaze around curiously, studying everything visible about the room. In his right hand was a servicable quarterstaff, and behind his belt were some three balanced, throwing daggers, simple enough in design.
His gaze lingered on the axe, inset into a wooden target - he had missed the spectacle of the throwing, and had no idea why a large weapon was pierced there. Either way, he gave a faint shrug to himself and made his way to the bar counter, taking a seat at a spare spot and exhaling loudly. He closed his eyes for comfort whilst he plucked his gloves casually off his hands and tucked them behind his belt.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Hari Nikataki

• Nomad
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 10:27:17 AM »
A single girl entered the pub, as a cold rush of air entered for a split second as the door was opened. She looked around for an empty seat to sit at; she spotted one near a girl with long white hair, interesting. She took her place next to the girl, yawning a bit.

This newcomer was wearing a long black cloak, her head was covered with a hood, and as she breathed her breath was shown, but only for a moment after being in the cold. She lowered her hood; long blue hair pulled up in a ponytail that reached her lower back, and bangs that just reached her eyes, fell down. Her eyes were like crystals, blue and beautiful, one might have said, and hanging lightly on her ears, was a pair of silver earrings.

She removed her cloak and hung it on a hitch on a wall. She was lean, but well built. On her back was a large sword, as around her waist were two daggers, and some sort of potion on a silver belt. She wore an almost navy blue dress that reached her thighs and split at the sides, outlined with white. The sleeves flowed down her arms, flaring gently out at the wrist. As she folded her legs, you could catch a glimpse of her boots, which were brown with some silver outlining on them, and another dagger was near the surface of one; on her hands were black gloves, simply cutting at the knuckles.

She moved her hand to her bangs and brushed them back, just to have them fall back into place anyways. She looked up and around the pub from beneath her bangs and smiled.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 08:43:09 AM »
....Bear looked down at the young woman seated before him and with a slight nod he smiled and refreshed her goblet.  Many patrons were already standing in line with all sorts of weapons to take their turn at the 25gp prize.  Bear looked to the new male and female that approached his bar and stated, "Welcome to the Goat, what can I get for you two?" (rubs his beard before adding) "Rooms are 1 gp a week, 2 gps a week will get you breakfast and dinner along with em.  Seeing as you will be here for the next four months now that winter has set in, the prices I just stated are a bargain.  Be welcome and enjoy your stay."  Bear notices their brows crinkling up in confusion, and kindly informs them, " The passes you arrived on to get to our fine villiage will be impassable come moring.  They will remain that way for the next four months easy. Now, what can I get for you?"  After the last is said Bear smiles in hopes of keeping the three strangers from becoming tense at his ill news.  Sighing deeply within, he silently prays no other strangers will end up in his village tonight.  Bear had a inner sense about things, and he felt something stirring in his mountain home.  Something wicked was coming and he was starting to fear for his people.  Bear was not what he seemed.  Te be sure he was an Inn keeper and the mayor of the town.  But, he was also the keeper of so much more.  The latter being the reason he was starting to worry........
OOC:  Waiting on a couple more to show up before the fireworks begin exploding..heh..

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 09:28:38 PM »
The man nods faintly at the mans words of the passes bieng blocked off - He knew... a little about weather, especially when it came to snow and ice. "I wasnt planning on leaving anytime soon, anyway. My name is Tsurin, pleasure to make your aquaintance." The blue-clad man plucked two heavy, foreign gold pieces from a sizeable pouch hung to his belt and slid them across the counter. "Tell me, does this town have a beacon of sorts? Through the mists and snow on my way here, I could have sworn I saw a crimson glow on the mountains tip. It stopped some days ago, however..." His gaze shifted briefly to the target, at which a half-drunken patron was in the midst of throwing a dagger, which flew down and struck the floor not five feet from the thrower. "And is it really so safe to allow these people to fling weapons around like that?" He chuckled softly and shrugged, "A crisp white wine, would do wonders, right now."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 11:44:18 PM »
A girl still bearing her cape, hood raised, walks carefully to the large man. " I do beg your pardon, but was I correct in over hearing that the passes will be closed by morning." though she spoke with the air of wisdom and grace she kept her head in a slight bow to hide her face," tell me my kind sir if I were to leave tonight could I make it through. The wind brings news of danger brewing in this place, and I fear that none are safe here anylonger." At these words she looks into the mans eyes to reveal peircing viridian eyes, eyes full of knowing some how knowing. She carefully removed her hood where a shower of moghany flicked with gold hair fell to her waist. Upon her head lay a circlet with a single jade stone at its center. "I am Aden, daughter of Rashna king of the wood elves. I beseech you kind sir Might we speak where only the walls can serve as witnesses.

OOC: I was waiting for an interesting game to begin!
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 08:40:51 AM »
Cold.... It was so cold. He had been out here for days, trying to find shelter before he froze to death. The snow was beginning to start again and he could barely see through his frozen eyelids anymore. He continued to stumble forward on cold, unfeeling legs when he suddenly saw a light ahead of him. He tried to cry out, but his frozen throat made it into more of a croak. He began to run toward the light, praying that it was a house or something, anything!. He fell face first into the snow but his skin could no longer feel the blistering cold. He awkwardly stood back up and kept going. It was an inn! He was safe, he wasn't going to die! He stumbled into the door, trying to make his frozen fingers grasp the knob. He finally wrentched it open and stood there for a second looking into the room.
He had very light, obviously frostbitten skin. His long black hair was caked with snow and tied back into a pony tail with a small piece of leather. His eyes were a piercing blue, even through his frozen eyelids. His long black coat was fluttering open and the patrons could see a great number of pockets on the inside of the coat. He had a single satchel hanging at his side by a strap across his chest. Anything else he had had had been lost somewhere in the snow.
He took a step into the room and his legs gave out, he collapsed to the floor and passed out from the pain and exhaustion.....
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 09:26:15 AM »
Bear frowns at the mention of "beacon" but quickly avoids the question by nodding at Tsurin and letting out a hardy laugh at his mention of the inns drunk patrons throwing sharp objects.  "Perhaps your right good sir!" he bellows as he lets out more jolly laughter while clasping Tsurin on the back.  "My name is Mathews...but most folk around here just call me bear due to my scrawny size and hairless body!", last is followed by more laughter.  "And to answer your question miss, unfortunately you folks will be trapped here for the four month blizzard season.  It would be foolhardy to attempt to make one of the passes during this season.  Foolhardy and deadly!"  After the elf princess reveals herself and makes the proclamation that she knows of a danger that will place the village in imminent danger, Bear quickly points her towards the kitchen and follows her through the door so they can speak in private.  All those present for the elfs outburst see the transformion in Bear's face.  The change lasted only an instant but it was long enough to let all present know of his concern at the elf's words.  Gasps can also be heard by some of the village patrons who were close enough to either hear or see the elf maiden.  Both Bear and the elf princess will miss the entrance of the frost bitten traveler as they are now behind a closed door.  The wind outside the inn begins to howl and the wood planking on the walls and floorboards begin to creak.  Tree branches can be heard shaking outside and the call of a snow wolf echoes in the distant forest valley.  The signs for this night were becoming more troubling by the minute.  Bear knew the entrance of these powerful strangers in his village was no mistake.  The Gods, it would seem, were placing their pawns in position for what was yet to come.  Bear winced inwardly as he recalled his ancient past.  He prayed the horror of the past would not return to haunt his people.  But, as he now looked upon the elf maiden's face, he was starting to feel like his prayers were in vain and they were all in for a long and possibly final, winter.  "my name is Bear m'lady, please speak to me now about what has brought you so far from your homeland."

Offline Avasalaime

• Apprentice
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 01:46:30 PM »
Many years ago, he had left his village.  He had thought that he would be back within the next year, but something of the Wild lands had captivated him.  Now, Thengel had wandered upon this tavern.  He walked in.
check out www.dsfilms.com for some funny, but pathetic movies!

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 03:55:14 PM »
A stocky man of about 3"9 with a hunched back scurries through the open door and runs straight to the bar. as he does he bumps forcefully into Thengal, and hops over the collapsed man without taking much notice of either. He is wearing a grey tattered hooded-cape in loose repair, and his feet and legs are covered by wraps acting as make-shift shoes. all of his features are covered by his cape and the hood which more than covers his face. Without apologizing to Thengal, he clambers up onto a stool at the bar with some awkwardness. he speaks in a raspy voice "Bartender, i need the strongest alcohol that you have, and..." he stops in mid-speach as he realizes that there is no bar-tender at the post.
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 11:13:48 PM »
OOC: just to throw out a suggestion this would be an excellent opprotunity for someone to hear something they ought not. a little twist?

IC: As they walked into the kitchen Aden removed her cloak and steped near the stove warming her elegant fingers. She was dressed in a deep green dress trimmed with fine white rabbits' hair.  She glanced apprehensively at the tall man. The reason I have asked to speak to you in private is I can tell that you obviously hold authority here and you seem to be a man of great understanding.  I do not normally share this information so lightly for it is often mistaken and at times feared. I tell you only because I know no other way of describing the degree of unease which I feel this very moment.  I am no ordinary elf, Since birth I have been granted a special gift. I am what man call an elemental. This is a rare gift even among the elven race. With this gift I commune with the elements, fire, wind, water, and earth." Adens hands trembled as she spoke these words. Only once had she confided her secret with a man, and that particular experience was not well with her. She continued her story as she stared in to the embers that know popped and sputtered in the stove.  " Do not misunderstand me,  I can not will the elements to do my bidding, I only commune with them. I beg you to bare with me how is one to describe something that is not concrete and in many ways indescribable." Aden Stares now into his eyes hoping to see understanding, she stands and begins to pace the floor. The wind wispers in my ear as it does yours the only difference is I understand. I can ask it questions and know its awnsers, the same holds true with the quaking of the earth, the babbling of a brook and the crackling of the very fire you see before you. I can ask the water to leap into the air and if it obliges me it will do so. Much of this is still mystery to me, but that is not why I've asked you to join me here now. The reason is the blizzard outside, the erie feeling, for the first time It says nothing to me. I do not even sense the connection that I feel with all other natural forces.  The only conclusion that I can formulate is that something very wrong very unnatural is happening at this taverns very door step. I fear for the safety of all the inhabitants. As you are obviously the leader in this small town I leave it for you to decide your course of action if you find any appropriate at all. I will however urge you not to take my warning lightly, this town is not at peace and I believe that the cause may rest upon the mountain top that now has a vibrant red glow.  I ask that you will keep my secret. I will grant you explanation to any questions that you may have. I also wish to pay for lodging and meals for the remainder of my stay." With these last words she bowed her head yet again in her concealing manner. awaiting any questions that might asked.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 08:27:32 AM »
Bear takes in all the elemental has to say and nods his understanding.  While all of this is happening a numbness creeps across his entire body.  I can keep this from my people no longer he begins to think to himself.  Looking at the elvin princess, he smiles warmly.  "Perhaps it is I that explain better to you what is going on in these mountains.  (he pauses)  Perhaps we should explain it in the bar....all have the right to......"  His last statement is cut short by the sound of the front door to the inn blowing off it's hinges.  Back in the bar, a hunched over huminoid walks through the unbarred entry wearing a gray tattered cloak and hood.  Blue eyes glow beneath it's cowl as it moves puposely towards the colapsed stranger on the floor.  With a raspy laugh the newcomer kicks the prostrate Thengal across the room.  Thengal's body slides across the wood planks of the establishment until he crashes head first into the bar where a slight groan can be heard.  The figure continues to snicker in a raspy voice.  "I come with a message for the guardian.  Tell him the prophesy is fullfilled and we have returned.  He has failed and all will perish for his ancestors foolishness.  The master will walk again and this valley will be ours!"  After the last is said, the figure with a sudden burst clears the room making his way to attack the strangers grouped at the bar.  You will notice he is about 6ft tall and carries a slim dagger in each hand.  Both daggers are glowing a slight red.  He laughs the whole time he advances on the group.  The strangers at the bar all overheard the conversation between Bear and the elf.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 09:00:12 AM »
Spending no time wasted on the man with the red knives, Seraph (thats his name) jumps over and behind the bar. it does not take very long before (after knocking over several canisters of alchohol) he gets to some hundred proof alchohol. the other guests cannot see him anymore, but hear the sound of a large amount of liquid hitting the ground as well as a few other strange noises coming from behing the bar.

Offline Avasalaime

• Apprentice
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 12:10:21 PM »
Thengel Leaps up, and draws his sword, a rapier.  He turns to where the creature left from.

"Where's the old bent fiend?  I'll run him through!"

OOC:  I was never on the floor...  I think you meant Alec_Shadowkin.  He fell on the floor.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 12:33:22 PM »
OOC:  Disregard you name in my prior post Thengal, your right I meant the passed out frost bitten PC.  

IC:  Bear bursts through the kitchen door and the first thing he notices is the door blown off it's hinges.  Next he hears bottles and jars breaking behind his bar and when he looks down (kitchen door is directly behind bar) he sees someone fumbling through his supplies and dumping alcohol on the wooden floorboards.  With a bellowing growl Bear extends his hand towards his great axe lying on the far side of the bar and a white glow begins emanating from his fingertips.  Within a hearbeat, the axe soars through the air and lands in his outstretched hand.  Bringing it up to bare in a battle ready stance he issues forth the following command, "Drop the bottles laddy, or I will remove you head from it's shoulders.  I realize your not the problem but I can't be having ye burn down me bar!"  As the last is said he shifts his gaze towards the movement coming from the other side of his bar.  A moment of realization occurrs as Bear realizes what has come calling to his Inn this evening.  The shock of what he is looking at is replaced by a mixture of hatred and disgust.  "My friends (he directs this statement to the newcomers) prepare to defend yourselves, the demons have returned!"  With a look of sorrow directed back over his shoulder, Bear nods his apologies to the elven princess and readies himself to fight the fiend attacking his establishment.  With a growl Bear shouts, "Courage my friends!"

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 07:14:46 PM »
Tsurin leapt up in surprise, instantly alert, as the door is barged in, and he turned to study the newcomer, tilting his head in confusion at its words... Prophecy...? Hmm... As the figure reveals its weapons, however, Tsurin's eyes widen, and he shifted the quarterstaff in his hand into a defensive position. At that moment, however, Bear spoke, and Tsurin shifted his gaze briefly to him, "Demons!? Arent they only a myth?" He snorts faintly to himself at his own question - obviously not, this newcomer did have something about him... Well, if it can die by any mortal means, it will die this night. The blue-clad man did give a faint, cold chuckle at Bears words of courage, however, "Courage? We all die sometime, my large friend." At that, Tsurin abruptly charged the creature - may as well take the offensive before it has a chance to figure out strategies. some three paces before the demon, the man lowered down to a kneel, sliding a small ways towards it and raising his stave upwards in an attempt to jab the tip of it harshly into its stomach - the purpose of this, of course, is to hopefully knock the wind out of it, and perhaps even force it off its feet.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2004, 11:58:58 PM »
Aden lingers for a moment in the door way. She was taken aback by Bears words. "Demons, I must help, but I brought no weapons aside a small dagger. If I ask the elements to aid me I risk unvieling my secret, but can they defeat a demon with mere weapons. I must only ask for aid if there is no other option." As Aden's mind raced with confusion over what is right to do she heard an overwheling vioce whispering in her ear. " You are special Aden, You must trust in the good of man to understand your gift. You my dear child should be proud and hold your head high. The gods do not honor people with such gifts without purpose. You my child were meant to make a difference. Go forth and greet your world." These where the last of her father before she lefther kingdom. She held them in her heart, but still could not bring herself to live by them. She watched now as the cursed demon was to be attacked by a young man with navy blue hair.  She could only hope that he would triuph in his attempts.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2004, 12:08:32 AM »
OOC: Would it be to much trouble to ask for a more detailed discription of the demons?  :) I am trying to get a better visual image! i pictured them looking like Daevas myself, want to be sure.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Avasalaime

• Apprentice
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2004, 06:40:32 AM »
Thengel whips out a fourteen inch dagger, with a hilt designed to catch his opponent's blade.  Then he rushes into the fray, attempting to disarm the creatures of one of it's daggers.  He tries to catch it in the hilt and twist.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 08:20:43 AM »
By the time Bear spoke, Seraph had already finished pouring the alchohol over his arm and purging it of the poison. he glanced quickly around, noticing the mess that he had made unintentionally. Seraph had not even thought about the potential fire-hazard that his actions would have created, but then again, if the blasted bar tender had been on duty...

Seraph snuck around the bar into a position where he could poke hid head out a little and size up the actions unvailing themselves around him. absentmindedly, he readied a poison tipped dart for use, the one for paralysis. it was ready in a split seconds time. now, without revealing himself, he waited for an opportunity to strike.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 08:50:49 AM »
OOC:  Adel, the demons can possess any form weak of mind....the demon appearing before you know if in the body of a human wrapped in a heavy gray cloak and cowl.  Two blue glowing orbs can be seen beneath the cowl, but that is all.  Everything else is consumed by shadows.  It has two daggers in it's grasp.  The only person that knows what the demons are capable is Bear....Hint, the demon was looking for the guardian!

IC:  Tsurin lands his blow to the demon's midsection.  Caught off guard the demon is knocked back a step and issues forth a raspy gasp of pain.  Recovering quickly though, it lunges a dagger strike straight for Tsurin's heart.  Being that Tsurin was on his knees he is caught by surprise at the demon's quick recovery and speed.  Thengal manages to intercept the dagger lunge and deflects the glowing weapon from striking Tsurin.  The dagger is flung harmlessly out of the demon's hand.  With a snarl the demon kicks out at Tsurin's chest with supernatural speed and strength.  Tsurin is knocked back into the bar with jarring force.  With a quick turn the demon strikes out a hand quicker than the eye can follow and manages to wrap his finger's around Thengal's throat.  With a raspy cackle it lifts Thengal off the floor boards.  Try as he might, Thengal cannot break the one armed hold the demon has on his throat and he begins to choke.  Suddenly, in mid laughter, the demon stops and turns his glowing orbs in the direction of Bear.  Then with a menacing sneer, it turns it's attention on the elven princess.  Adel, begins to hear her heartbeat pound through her body.  She hears a familiar voice asking her to join him.  Where the demon stood now stands only her father.  He smiles and waves her to his side.  Without knowing why, Adel feels a strong urge to take a step forward.  Her father...no the demon....but her father was calling her forward.  "Do not resist, come to me my child, I need you!" it kept saying to her.  Bear noticing the spell for what it was, hesitated no longer.  With an inhuman snarl of his own, he launches his great ax at the outstretched arm of the demon.  The arm now choking the life from Thengal.  As the ax makes contact a searing sound can be heard followed by a white flash of power as the demon's arm is severed from it's body.  Thengal drops instantly to the floor gasping for breath.  The demon, roaring in anger, reaches down to it's severed limb and picks it up.  To the horror of those present it re-attaches the lost limb and once again makes it whole.  With another raspy cackle it stalks off at a quick pace towards the shaken Adel.  Bear's ax had continued to fly through the demon's arm and out the inn's main entrance into the night.  He is now weaponless due to the fact that his recall enchantment was only good if he could see his great ax.  Angered at his stupid mistake, he picks up a kitchen knife and tries to make his way to Adel's side.  To his dismay, the demon was much closer and his help would probably be too late.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2004, 09:27:56 AM »
Seraph throws the poison tipped dart with the skill of a master marksman at the creatures leg. (the poison is designed to lock up the muscles of anything with muscles and leave that limb unusable). in a split-second Seraph has another poison-tipped (paralysis) dart pulled from a bandolier on his chest and throws that at the creatures shoulder (the one not holding a knife).
a third dart is ready in another moment, but this time Seraph waits to throw
As Seraph throws his second dart, his hand can be seen covered in grey fur, the same color as the cape he is wearing. the hand is more claw-like in nature, but not in a formidable way.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2004, 09:52:49 AM »
As the first dart leaves Seraph's hand the demon notices the incomming missile.  With a quick twist of it's hand, the demon deflects the first dart and it falls harmlessly to the ground.  The second dart it was not quick enough to block and it hits home in the demon's weaponless arm.  With a roar of panic and anger, the demon stops in it's tracks to examine the dart protruding from it's arm.  It violently wrenches the dart from it's arm and stares in disbelief at it's useless apendage.  After a couple of seconds of unsuccessfully moving it's left arm, the demon screams in rage and continues towards the elvin princess.  As it passes a table it quickly grabs it and hurls it in the direction of the crouching sniper.  If anything, the awkward throw will make Seraph dodge from the heavy wooden table.  Stealing his open third shot.  There is nothing and no one between the demon and the elvin princess now.  The demon charges the last few feet and launches itself into the air; dagger poised and aimed at Adel's heart.  She only has seconds to react.