llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: "Demon Winter"  (Read 48095 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2004, 07:57:23 AM »
With an exasperated sigh, Bear beckons the rest of the group to follow the fleet elf maiden.  "What did you see?  What danger?  Has the wind shown you the way out m'lady?  Bear manages to ask through labored breathing.  And then he gets his answer.  Bear's Battle Ax began to glow white hot!  His eyes bulged with shock. "it can't be....they have been gone for centuries...." he stammered aloud.  In an instant the bright aura faded and the group reached where Seraph had originally fallen.  The entire group was breathing heavily due to the break neck pace the elven princess had them on.  Blood still stained the snow where the ratman had collapsed.  Large paw prints could be seen all over the place.  A deep and loud horn blasted off from within the Yetti Citadel not a quarter mile behind the group.  The yettis would soon be after them.  Bear sighed.  He needed all five for the prophecy to become fullfilled.  The group's luck had definantly taken a huge plunge.  They had werewolves and yettis to contend with and the guardian's lair was still a two days journey away.  To make things worse, the demons were on their way to destroy the place.  Again, Bear sighed out loud.  "We must rescue Seraph.  Tsurin, can you do something to cover our tracks and perhaps misdirect the yetti patrols? We must make haste everyone.  Everyone be prepared for an ambush, but don't look like your prepared!  I think a little subterfuge is in order!  We must rescure Seraph at all costs!"  with that being said Bear began to move in the direction the wolf tracks were leading.  
(Meanwhile)....The werewolf dropped the ratman uncerimoniously to the ground in front of Lyrid.  "I captured the rat while he was unconscious m'lord.  The others hasten to follow and attempt a rescue on the miserable creature.  They are as predictable as you said they were lord.  They will be walking right into our trap!"  Jerard finished with a smile.  Lyrid nodded his head in approval.  "Let the others know the plan is a go.  We must not fail!"

OOC:  Seraph, if you wake up, your shackled at the ankles and wrists.  Your mouth has been gagged but you can see with no obstructions.  You are lying close to a fire, but just outside the ring.  A werewolf sentry watches your slumbering form from the shadows.
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

"Beware the faceless...for he only deals in souls and riches."

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2004, 07:53:53 PM »
At Bears request, Tsurin nodded faintly with a small smile, "I most certainly can." with a semicircular sweep of his hand, palm down, the group would feel a heavy gust of wind at their feet, blowing snow around until imprints of both their tracks and the werewolfs were gone, though the blood remained. He had done a very similar thing in his homelands several years ago, when bieng chased by bandits and with no desire to kill them. With a clenched fist, faced back to where the groups fooprints began, and motioned down with his hand, almost in a 'stamping' gesture. At each descent of that fist, an imprint of one of their footprints was created - he formed a trail to pass over the blood-stained snow, then to veer off in a right-angle - not quite the opposite direction as they would be heading to trail these werewolves. The false trail was made for perhaps a hundred meters before it began fading - hopefully the yetis would merely think that the winds and snow had  slowly erased the trail. "The blood of our verminous friend should give them the false impression that one of us are wounded which, in my experience of hunters, gives them a false sense of arrogance. I'll cover our fresh tracks as we seek these beasts - let's go."
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2004, 09:46:55 PM »
OOC: Actually, as much as i would love for Seraph to wake up and pick the lock to his shackles and then whatever else, He is pretty much out like a light util he gets some water, or blood production into his system.  He has lost a lot of blood and is pretty bad off right now, although simply touching him with water should wake him enough to get him to drink enough not to die.

Anyway, I also need to know what, if anything, was taken off of Seraph's unconscious body. Also, If any of my things have been moved, make sure that you tell me if and where i see them at the point that my character comes through.

IC: Seraph passed between being unconscious and dead, for several hours. Each time he came up farther and farther from being awake, and each time he went back down, he went closer and closer to death. His bleeding had stopped, but there was barely enough blood left in him to run his vital organs, and certaintly not the rest of him. As his body temperature started t drop, his body started shivering from the cold. His arm wiggled in a sickeningly impossible movent as his body tried harder and harder to compensate for the heat. the wraps on his feet were now soaked through to his feet.

His body layed there shivvering uncontrollably on the ground, as his mind fought fought death for the ground which it was rapidly losing.
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2004, 11:40:10 PM »
OOC: I have a question; why is a rat-man named after an angel?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2004, 10:41:05 AM »
Twenty minutes after the group had moved on in pursuit of Seraph a patrol of yettis numbering fifteen arrived at the blood stain.  The smallest of the patrol walked up to inspect the blood.  This yetti was covered with leather pouches and sported a necklace with teeth that could only have belonged to a large dragon.  After a long inspection of the blood and the foot prints the yetti shaman pulled forth a leather bag containing orange powder.  The shaman began to chant in the gutteral language of the yetti and began pouncing around while dropping pinches of the orange powder on the blood stained snow.  As it finished the wind began to swirl around the blood stain and the entire patrol, including the shaman, backed away.  The wind picked up in intensity over the blood stain and began to look more like a small tornado.  The tornado began sucking in snow, ice, earth and tree limbs at a rapid pace.  Everything within the tornado became obscured.  Finally the wind settled and in it's place stood a massive elemental.  The summoned creature was constructed of what had been sucked up by the magical tornado.  It was all snow, earth and tree and had to black lifeless eyes.  The only feature that did not originate from nature was the blood stain that had been on the ground.  The blood stain now stretched across the elemental's chest.  The creature sniffed the air once and found Seraph's scent immediately.  With a grating roar, it took off in the direction the werewolves had taken the ratman knocking small trees over in it's wake.  Five yetti's, to include the shaman followed the elemental tracker, while the remaining ten began following the foot prints heading off in the other direction.  The yettis had been dispatched by the king to kill the group and return with the head of the guardian as punishment for the group's insolence.  
(Meanwhile)....A flash of bright light  errupted in the middle of the werewolf camp and two black clad figures emerged.  As soon as they stepped from the light it quickly faded.  The Firemage walked directly up to Lyrid and stopped to look back at the prone Seraph.  "Report slave!" it demanded of the werewolf lord.  Lyrid, with a look of total disgust, replied, "We tracked the group to Bizmak's citadel, where my kin dare not enter.  Hours later, my scout found that rat lying half dead a quarter mile beyond the citadel's entrance.  We took him in hope that the group would follow to rescue it.  Our hopes have been fullfilled.  The group is within minutes of falling into an ambush.  We will have the guardian's head for you before the sun sets."  The firemage nodded once and turned to it's comrade.  The bright light appeared once again and both Dark Elementals stepped back within it's embrace.  Before they faded from view the Firemage spoke, "We are watching wolf lord....do not fail us!"  As the last was spoken the light blinked out and they were gone.  Lyrid could only glare at the spot the two mages had just left.  He needed to finish this and return to his forest.  It was getting harder for him to control his temper.  He could not risk losing it and putting his clan in jeapardy.  No, he would not fail.  He could not fail.  
(Meanwhile)....The group continued to follow the tracks of the werewolves up a small game trail.  The forest was starting to become less dense as they progressed and soon they came upon a wide open stretch with no cover.  To either side of the stretch of plain was impassable terrain.  They had to move through for about a 100 meters to gain the cover of the forest on the other side of the clearing.   Bear stopped and surveyed the dangerous clearing.  To his left were impassable thorn vines, from which the tiniest scratch could cause madness within minutes and death within days.  To his right was a steep hillside covered in icey patches.  It was unclimbable.  The group only had one way to go to continue following the werewolf trail.  Backtracking could lose them a day or two.  No.  They had no choice but to press forward.  Bear looked around at the group with a questioning stare.  "We seem to have come to a danger crossing.  Anyone have any ideas on how best to cross this clearing up ahead.  Something just doesn't feel right."  Bear waits for a reply from the group.

OOC:  Seraph, you still have all of your possessions on you.  The werewolves do not fear you in the least and consider you on your last leg approaching death's embrace.  You are lying close enough to the fire to feels it's warmth.  Enjoy all.
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2004, 06:16:44 PM »
Gerrard leaned on his spear looking at the clearing that almost certainly held an ambush.
"We can always use my explosive and poisonous gas potions like we did against the gnolls. It might at least throw them off their guard."
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2004, 10:57:29 PM »
Aden's breathing had become harsh and slow and a her eyes held a strange hollowness her words were quick as she struggled to speak...... " "The wind is in our favor perhaps the creatures won't catch our sent if  this is so then we may still hold the advantage of suprise they do not know that we are aware of the ambush.............." Aden takes a long steep breath......... " My arrows are a match to my bow..... the heads are silver. If my memory serves me correctly silver is fatal to these creatures.  perhaps we could lure them out some................. how long enough for me to................ to deliver my arrows we might just surrvive this test as well"
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2004, 11:31:08 PM »
OOC: since no on else will post guess I will  :D my posts may be few and far between for the next week or so cause of my sisters wedding......... try to post as often as possible though........

IC:Aden trys to hold out her bow but her hands are unsteady her fingers tremble as she strokes the leaf that ends its graceful curve...... she looks pleadingly out at the group........ "I can't aim like this........ some one else will have to wield my bow............. we have to hurry before it is to late....... we have to have all five................" her eyes took in a glazed appearance as she spoke these final words........... her hands are to unsteady to hold even this the lightest of bows and it falls uncerimoniously to the snow covered ground.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2004, 08:54:17 AM »
Bear acknowledged Gerrard with a slight nod of his head.  "It worked before, perhaps it will work again.  But, someone will have to run out as bait to bring the wolves to supper...so to speak."  Bear looks around the group to see if any would volunteer.  As he did, a twig cracked to the groups left, followed by numerous growls.  "Too late my friends, they have found us!"  As Bear finished his sentence a ball of fur and teeth broke from the brush and slammed into him.  Bear was instantly knocked down under the weight of the flying werewolf.  As the group looks down to Bear in his struggle more werewolves break from the cover of the forest to surround the group.  There were six surrounding the group now.  Then a solid smash sounded as Tree slammed home his massive warhammer into the Bear's assailant.  The stunned werewolf dodged back off of Bear nearly avoiding another strike of the potent warhammer.  With a hateful glare, it backed away to join it's brethren in surrounding the group.  With Aden too weak to fight and Seraph missing, the group was down to Bear, Tree, Tsurin and Gerrard.  four against six was hardly a fair battle when your opponents were werewolves.  There were only three ways to kill a werewolf.  Silver was one.  Decapitation or ripping their black hearts out were the other two.  Bear motioned for the group to make a protective circle around Aden and the sled.  Bear's battle ax began to glow white hot.  The werewolves began to tighten the circle.  In the very near distance more howls could be heard.  Reinforcements were en route already.  The only opening left to the group was the direction facing the clearing.  They had no choice but to move that way or face the wolves on the trails tightly packed fighting area.  An advantage for the werewolves since both Bear and tree would need room to swing and manuever their large weapons.  Gerrard would also need room to use his explosives and poisons.  With a sudden shout, Bear ordered the group to back into the clearing.  Now in the clearing, the group had more room to manuever.  The werewolves completely surrounded the group now.  They now numbered eight as two new members joined the circle of predators from the clearings north side.  The group was now outnumbered eight to four.  Things were looking grim indeed.  And then the worst thing imaginable happened.  Breaking trees and limbs as they came, the six yettis and the elemental broke from the cover of the forest and created another perimeter around the werewolves.  The group was now surrounded by two circles of death.  Werewolves now looked from the prey to their competition with a look of both confusion and hatred.  The situation was filled with powerful tension as the three patries sized eachother up.  No one made a move and Bear whispered his question, "Anyone have any ideas.  This is getting worse by the minute.  This is going to get very bad very soon."  He readies his ax and looks around at the group awaiting a reply.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2004, 12:05:27 PM »
Aden looks up the old spark back in her veridain eyes perhaps a little mind game would do the trick..... "Yeti are known to be extrememly prideful and arrogant creatures if we could only convince them  that the werewolves insulted them by using us as bait to trap them....... as the two battle it out we can escape............"
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2004, 03:23:04 PM »
Gerrard looked at the twin circles surrounding them. This was bad. They had had a chance against the werewolves, but they would be slaughtered against both yetti's and the lycanthropes. Aden's plan might be the only one. He slipped his arms into his coat, taking hold of his secret chemical, popping out the cork and readying it to drink if this broke into a battle.

"Bear, I think getting them to battle one another might be our only way. I have a chemical to confuse people and make them full of battle rage against anyone they can get at.  The problem is that its a gas, and if I use it, we'll be caught in it and we'll probably die. If we can get them to fight each other just long enough to get us a clear distance, I can hopefully get them to kill each other."

He reached into his coat and grabbed a different vial, full of a condensed red gas.

"Just tell me when..."
Authentic Strolenite©

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2004, 04:48:09 PM »
As the tension fully set in the yetti shaman took a step towards the werewolve perimeter with a finger pointed in their direction.  "Leave dogs!  This be our lands and you have not been invited.  These foolish mortals be needed in our master's torture chambers for murder!"  The shaman finished with a snarl just as the largest werewolf stepped towards him.  This had to be the biggest werewolf any of them had seen.  The shaman looked to his guards for support.  Bear took this opportunity to follow Aden's plan.  "Murder you say?  How mighty shaman could we be charged with murder?  Mortals, such as our selves, had nothing to do with it.  We have no chance against your kind.  The werewolf and his pack kidnapped us from our cells with the help of a mage!  They are the ones to be punished for murder!  We are not at fault!" he finished with a look of complete inocents.  The shaman looked surprised by the admission fromt he guardian.  But soon the bred in hatred for the werewolves replaced that consusion with rage.  Lyrid, on the other hand, stared at the yettis with open contempt.  He was easily as tall as the tallest yetti and where the yettis were heavier in bulk, this werewolf made up for it in sheer muscle.  The shaman balked again and spoke directly to the approaching werewolf.  "Lord Lyrid, certainly this is an honor for me.  You are after all, the only one of you kind with any sort of intelligence.  The only of your kind that my master has some respect for.  But make no mistake, I am not of my master's mind.  You are nothing but a overgrown dog to me.  You may bow and pay homage to me.  Then perhaps, I will let you leave this place. Bow and you can take your dogs with you!  You and yours will not be harmed if my wishes are granted.  The shaman smiled.  Lyrid smiled back showing off his massive canines.  "Tempting offer shaman.  But me and my own will be taking these mortals and your heads if you do not leave this place!"  Lyrid growled as he finished.  The shaman, totally surprised by the wolf lords words ordered his elemental forward on pure instinct.  Everything seemed to stop moving as all parties watched the elemental stalk up to the werewolf leader.  As the elemental closed the gap Lyrid pounced past the elemental while striking one clawed hand past the summoned monster's throat.  It happened faster than the eye could follow.  Faster than the mind could interpret.  An audible crack was followed by a spreading split across the now stopped elemental's throat.  It all happened so fast that everyone seemed to gasp at the sheer brutality of what just occurred.  As Lyrid landed on all fours facing the shaman the head of the elemental rolled down the trail to stop right between it's master's feet.  "Insolent bastard!  ATTACK!"  screamed the yetti shaman.  "Destroy Lyrid and his pitiful pack of murderers!"  Bear looked at his group and made a backing gesture with his hands.  Slowly the group began to back away from the beginning brawl.  As the distance between them grew to ten feet Bear turned to Gerrard.  "Now!" was all he yelled.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2004, 11:36:18 PM »
Aden followed in the others footprints as best she could then yelled in her tired but forceful vioce," follow the wolf hound's prints they will lead us directly to the place were Seraph is being held prisoner..... Bear you seem to know much about these creatures that I must admit are foriegn to me....... tell me have you any idea how many guards we maybe facing?"
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2004, 10:16:09 PM »
Tsurin backed away with the rest of the group. His face showed slight worry at the delicate situation, but also curiousity at the werewolves forms and grace. The only wolves he had seen were the arctic ones who were generally loners, or hunted in packs of 3-4. He nodded faintly at Adels words, silently agreeing with her - they must get to seraph.

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2004, 07:44:57 AM »
"Ok, guys, here we go... RUN!" Gerrard lobbed the rage potion into the mass of enemies. It hit the frozen ground and smashed, releasing a huge cloud of red gas. Any creature which breathed it in would be instantly overcome with battle rage and confusion, attacking anything they could get their hands on....
Authentic Strolenite©

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2004, 11:58:46 AM »
Seraph stopped shaking, scenes ceased to play through his mind. His heart slowed down. So slow, that it beat only as fast as a human at rest. There was no more heat to be produced, no way to produce it. There was nothing to stop his falling temperature, and so his body temperature started to fall.

His body lie on the ground with his arm off at an angle different from what it should be. He lay still as stone, his brown cape rustling every now and then as the breeze saw fit....

OOC: hey guys, I have to be out of town for a while, so although i will still be posting, it may not be as frequently as i would like. Just giving you a heads up.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2004, 02:36:54 PM »
The gas hit the group as they call clashed into battle.  So deep were their hatred towards one another, they never noticed the gas and continued to fight with intesified agression.  As the group backed away from the combatants a deep growl arose from behind them.  As Bear turns he and the group will notice two uneffected werewolves stalking out of the dark forest beyond the trail.  They both immediately see the carnage taking place behind the group, although after sharing a knowing glance towards eachother, they opt to advance on the group.  One of the two, faints a lunge at Aden and then hurls itself into Tree, knocking the big man to the ground.  Tree was quickly overwhelmed beneath the weight of the werewolf and lost his warhammer on the fall to the ground.  Instantly his assailant begins slicing open the skin on his chest as it looks for a soft warm organ to devour.  Bear instantly goes to the defense of his fallen friend.  As he does, the other werewolf moves in to attack Aden.  It doesn't even give Tsurin or Gerrard a sideward glance.  It seems to dismiss either as a threat as it goes for a tasty piece of elven flesh.  
(Meanwhile)  Back at the werewolf camp the remaining four guards were edgy.  The sounds from the ensuing battle not far away was bringing their blood rage to bare.  The werewolves glowing red eyes on the prone form of Seraph and began to salivate.  One advanced on his form followed by another.  They began to push and shove eachother trying to get at Seraph.  Then, an odd sound began to emerge from behind the four predators.  It sounded like several bells and a muffled males voice cursing sofly under his breath.  The werewolves all stopped and looked at eachother as an short gnomish looking old man stepped out of the brush.  It seemed ridiculous that the man didn't realize his predicament.  The werewolves still did not make any moves towards the newcommer.  The old gnome went about straightening his brown robe and pouches, while finaly fixing his brown floppish hat.  Finally, he noticed the glowing eyes staring down at him.  He didn't seem scared in the least bit.  Actually, he smiled.  "Greetings my wolf friends!" he exclaimed.  "I see you got a downed friend over yonder." he pointed at Seraph.  The werewolves never let their eyes leave the curious new stranger.  Seraph feels a charge go through his body as bone and flesh begin to mend at an alarming rate.  Seraph's body begins to warm up and his strength returns in the blink of an eye.  Seraph becomes aware of his surroundings and overhears the conversation.  "I say you four, would ye be minding if I took yer guest for a walk?  We have much to talking about." again the gnomish figure pointed towards Seraph.  And, once again, the werewolves didn't peel their eyes off the stranger.  Seraph you will now feel your shackles release and see your weapons and belongings layed out in front of your prone body.  Now, the werewolves advanced a couple of steps towards the newcommer.  Menace was displayed across their faces as the blood lust once again took hold of them.  Here, standing before them, was a meal they wished to partake in.  The old man just smiled and waved a hand in front of the advancing werewolves.  "Ye fellas just hold on a second, while I go talk to yer friend over yonder." explained the strange old gnome.  All four werewolves froze in place unable to move.  Seraph can hear the whimpers escape their frozen snouts as the footsteps of the old stranger accompanied by his bells, come closer to his position.  Seraph has time to react whichever way he likes.  The old stranger begins to hum an old folk story hymn from Seraph's homeland as he gets closer.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2004, 07:33:21 PM »
Tsurins features widen in surprise at the two new werewolves, and as they take their targets, he steps back a pace, pondering quickly. The elven woman may still be too weak to defend herself, and Tsurin was confident bear could hold against the other wolf for a while. So the climate mage shifted his right hand in the gesture of holding the hilt of a weapon, then made a crouching motion, swinging that fist as though striking a massive warhammer to the snow. upon the motion of the striking, a glacial spike of ice thrusts upward beneath the werewolfs feet, as though sprouting from the very ground. Should the werewolf not notice it in time, or not move in time, it would likely be impaled on the stalactite. Either way, Tsurin counts on the fact that it would hopefully now be too preoccupied with the spear of ice to notice the blue-clad man now charging towards it, leaping forth from his crouched position and snatching his quarterstaff from off his back, holding it like a long sword and swinging it violently towards the back of the beasts head.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2004, 10:02:42 PM »
Aden forgetting her weakness and out of sheer need of survival clenched her silver bow off the frozen hard ground...... she quickly seizes an arrow and fits it tightly in her bow..... but her hands are still quite unsteady.........  thankfully Tsurin came directly to her aide.......... she now could take time to aim her arrow directly for the beasts large heart................
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2004, 02:50:28 PM »
The elf! He couldn't let her be hurt, and she was obviously not in any condition to defend herself for long. Gerrard grasped the shaft of his spear and spun it around in front of him. He lept forward, the blade of the spear slicing through the air toward the werewolf's chest....
Authentic Strolenite©

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2004, 03:02:55 PM »
Seraph felt warmth pass through his body, and then a cool feeling course through his veins. His mind was alive and alert. He felt the nubmness flow from his limbs, and seconds later, flow from his previously paralized arm, now with full functionality and usefullness. When he awoke, he was not entirely sure that he was not dead. It was his first impression of the events that had just taken place, but then he realized that the werewolves had noticed both him and the gnome. Still, he was not sure that this was not some sort of afterdeath drama, being played through, but if there were going to be symbolic creatures to kill him, they would be Kitins (kite-inns) not werewolves, and his rescuer would not be a gnome but a... well actually he had no idea what form a rescuer would take. Truly this was a first for him.

(for the purposes of this post, i will assume that like you said before, that my weapons and items are still equipped because the werewolves never removed them. If that is a problem, just say so and i will edit this post.)

Seraph stood up, and cautiously serveyed the scene, still contemplating wether or not this was life death or just some random dream. If this was real, than that was a powerful mage who just rose him. Seraph had no knowledge of wizardry, but knew that such magic was truly exceptional.

"OK, You have my full attention." He said with a cautious tone.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2004, 07:06:21 AM »
Tsurin's spell takes hold and as the werewolf stalks in for the kill on the elf it stops mid-step and emitts a loud yelp.  The werewolf looks down and sees a frozen spike protruding from the top of it's foot.  Unable to move, the creature immediately crouches down and tries to lift it's foot from the sharp ice.  Too late it notices the spear coming in for it's heart.  The werewolf stands quick enough to except the spear right in it's chest.  With another howl of pain, it grabs ahold of the spear shaft and flings Gerrard across the trail where he hits hard into a maple tree.  Now, the werewolf tries desperately to free itself from both spear and ice spike.  Again, from loss of blood and pain, it fails to see it's peril in the form of an elven arrow.  Aden, with an abundance of time, aimed well and let fire her silver arrow.  It's mark was true and the arrow pierces the immobile creature's heart.  Blood errupts from the wound as the werewolf howls in agony.  Soon the howl fades to a blood filled gurgle as the werewolf crumbles to the trail dead.  Gerrard moans weakly on the ground where he hit the maple tree.  Blood flows freely from a wound he sustained on his forehead.  
(Meanwhile)  Bear was able to shoulder the beast off of Tree and now the two warriors faced off against the massive werewolf.  It snarled and lunged snapping it's teeth, but never committed to an attack.  After seeing it's companion go down it lost it's nerve and fled through the dense forest at the side of the trail.  Bear turned quickly and related, "We must move quickly now.  We must get to Seraph before they kill him!"  As he finishes, Bear takes off following the werewolves tracks.  Tree takes off after him with the sled in tow.  
(Meanwhile)  "Oh, you full attention.  Well, that is nice lad.  I needn't have your full attention though.  I have come to make sure you are ok and make it out of this dreadful camp intact.  You travel with an old friend of mine and he needs all the help he can get."  The gnomish man stops and squints down at Seraph's pack.  Then, regaining himself, continues to speak.  "Now that your free, I wish only a couple of things from you Seraph.  Yes I know your name....I know every living creatures name.  Come to think of it, I know some undead names as well."  The old man stops and looks deep in thought.  Then, noticing Seraph watching him continues, "Now, where was I....oh yeah, me needs you to deliver a gift to the one named Tsurin."  The gnome pulls forth a wooden staff topped with a clear crystal sphere.  "It will aid him in the trials to come.  Please see to it that he receives this."  Now the gnome smiles.  "And for your troubles and your trials ahead, I offer you this gift.  If will help keep the cold away and "strengthen your resolve, so to speak."  The gnomish man hands over both gifts and smiles again.  A twig broke behind Seraph's shoulder and after looking to see what was there, Seraph will turn and see the old man and the paralyzed werewolves all gone.  From somewhere close he hears the old man speak again, "Trust in the guardian, within him lies the worlds only salvation!" and then the voice is gone.  Again, Seraph hears more twigs and branches snapping.  He hears, before he sees, Bears hushed whispers as the group begins to spread out around the abandoned werewolf campsite.  It begins to dawn on Seraph that the same group he sought to leave because he feared they would acuse him of betrayal, now came to rescue him.  And now, he had a staff and a pair of fine leather gloves in his possession.  Both given to him by a strange old gnome.  A strange old gnome that saved him and destroyed four massive werewolves.   Another branch and another twig snapped.   To any others these sounds would be hard to pick up as they were only all but silent.  But Seraph's fine tuned hearing picked up every footstep as his group closed in on his position.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2004, 04:04:28 PM »
Though Aden looked like that of a forgotten ragdoll she was piosed and ready for the trials ahead....... She kept glancing at tree and the niose that he was making as he dragged his feet over the bitter snow............ her ears pricked she heard movement close.......... could it possibly be Seraph? has he escaped on his own........ drawing her arrow to her bow string she walks in wait.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2004, 12:01:05 PM »
His name!!! How did the gnome know his name? What else did this gnome know? Seraph, although glad not to be dead, certainly did not like this news of some extremely powerful wizard with untold information about Seraph. Wizards were truly dangerous. He did not like this.

He looked down at the gloves and the spear. As much as he wanted to pocket the spear, it would be of no use to him, so he would grudgingly have to give the spear to Tsurin. And the gloves. They had better be enchanted. If they were not enchanted then they were no more than a pair of leather patches to mend his cape with.

Before his companions could see him, he dropped the spear on the ground and grabbed his knife. With the knife he quickly cut the fingers and thumbs off of the gloves and stuffed them into one of the ins ide pockets of his cape. Then, sheathing his knife, he put the fingerless gloves on his hands before anybody had a chance to see him.

Leaving the spear on the ground he walked around the campfire looking for any items of value that had been left by the werewolf party (keeping his ears open for any other creatures that might be approaching of course (and it is pretty much implied that anytime he is not engaged in a battle or otherwise noisy and or extremely strenuous activity, that he is listening intently (and keeping his eyes open) for anything out of the ordinary))

Seraph continues to look for valuables as the group arrives. He does not want to appear like anything was ever wrong, or that anything unusual has happened, and so, while not completely ignoring them, a quick glance in the party's general direction and the continuing to look for items on the ground should definately give everybody the impression that their arrival was completely and entirely unimportant. It was bad enough that the gnome had seen him in such dire need. It was not something he would repeat if he could avoid it. He had spent his whole life trying to break the image of him being weak and helpless, and he did not need to fuel that image by letting the group know that anything had been wrong just now. No, they would have to believe that nothing unusual had happened, or that even though something unusual had happened, that it was not unusual to Seraph.

(If anybody asks about anything that took place with him recently, he will give them a very casually vague and unuseful reply that is meant to leave the actual question unanswered.)

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
"Demon Winter"
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2004, 11:59:18 AM »
Aden quietly entered into the cave aware of every movement and quite shocked that they had yet to be confronted........ she shifted uneasily as she saw Seraph alone in the entrance of the cave.  With tears in her eyes she ran up to him and flung her arms around him "we thought we lost you, when I saw you with the werewolves............" now holding him at arms links and with panic in her vioceshe asked, "were are the werewolves.... we have gotta go they may return......... why did they leave you alone....... they must have thought that you extremely weak to leave you unattended..... Huh,  werewolves must be thicker than I thought though look at you... your not even wounded........" with this she looked back at the rest of the party...... smiling " we have five now we can go now right?"
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©