llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: New face  (Read 20222 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • http://www.geocities.com/iheroes/
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2004, 02:48:45 AM »
"Elven, eh?"

Redwick looked at the bottle suspiciously. He was half-dwarf after all...
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2004, 07:42:49 AM »
"don't worry it isnt poison" Callista said turning to look at him from the corner of her eye, she again turned her head towards Alec
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2004, 08:31:41 AM »
Redwick shrugged and went to sit down by a tree (one that wasn't talking).
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2004, 11:40:11 AM »
Watcher sighed, a sound inperceptible to all with the exception of the elf. She might have caught the soft sound if she were listening for it, but not likely. The quick well fit their name, rushing about with such urgency, battered by emotions, and brought to a terrible halt by the doldrums that afflict the meat races.

If felt good to move again, to see the golden disc of the sun with his own eyes rather than just feel it against his crown of leaves, warming his bark, his sap. It would be good just to let his roots sink back down into the earth, seeking out a new mooring, and slumber away for another century or two. It would be an easy thing to do.

There was still the matter of Kelsta, and of Callista. He had lost a friend in darks woods, corrupted by darkness. He gave his branches a shake, perhaps the way a dog would shake off water from a river after emerging.

Hroom, We should seek the - Hroom-Hall of Aelfwine, the elven-Haar - lord of the wood. He may - hroom - give council in such a matter.

Watcher remembered Aelfwine, the olden lord of the distant wood as a friend of the wood-kin, and spoken well of by Kelsta. Only the distance involved kept him from taking the infant Callista to his court. She might not have survived the trek without the love and milk of a mother. She went to croft, and he gave not a second thought to the matter.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2004, 12:08:42 PM »
"If ya don't mind, I'll join ya. Would be interesting to see a real elven Lord, especially in these days. Just wonder what they'll think of a half-dwarf..."
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2004, 12:14:33 PM »
Callista turned to watcher and sighed it seemed to her that Alec would probably not answer her, so she answered watcher instead "yes" she sighed "maybe you are right, we can seek guidance and ask if he knew anything of what happened" she turned to look at the demon, the halfling, the half-dwarf and Alec and said "you are all very welcome to join us, we will probably be traveling for quite a while and it may be dangerous, but we will get to discover new things and maybe train on the way, and we can also do what you all need to do as well instead of being spoilt and only doing what i need to do" Callista bowed slightly to them and all and turned to watcher "let me just get ready and then we may leave" she turned and began to pack her stuff up,

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2004, 01:15:57 PM »
Redwick got up on his feet and lifted up his backpack on his shoulders.

"Well, I'm not worried 'bout a little danger. Actually, I like it. Just hope that that elf Lord has got some ale or somethin'..."
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2004, 02:17:26 PM »
Callista shook her head in an amused sort of way, she pulled on her long black traveling cloack and fitted her weapons on to her body in diffrent places, she had placed a dagger on her leg, her sword her bow and her tack of arrows on her back, she put some small vials in her pocket, and also put her flask back in her pocket after taking a sip of it, she turned and looked at the others "All the rest of you have got the choice follow if you will or countinue with what you were doing before we met, Redwick it is a pleasure to have you accompany us on our little quest i suppose i will have to call it, and i am sure that the elven lands will have a lot of diffrent things to entertain you" she turned smiling to her self, and moved to stand next to watcher

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2004, 06:03:29 AM »
Redwick rolled his eyes.

"I'll just be glad if they have few things to torture me with..."

Then he went over to Watcher as well.
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2004, 11:32:41 AM »
Hroom Aelfwin is one of the - Hem - last of the old elf-hem-lords. Many have gone on, or-hem-been slain. I believe-hem-that Aelfwine was wounded nearly-hem-to death during the-Hroom-time of Kelsta

The wood-kin spoke, his voice a gentle thunder among the trees and vines. He moved with a strange grace, roots lifting the great bulk, and gliding forward as smoothly as a lady of the court. His branches swayed in an almost rhythmic motion as if moved to a music that only the trees were savvy to.

Perhaps the band would notice the luxury of having shade on their entiure journey.

The Hroom-hospitality of the -hem- elves is legendary. Fae wine and clear water, sweet-hem-incense, and songs of-hroom-old

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2004, 12:43:34 PM »
"Their dislike for dwarves is equally legendary...But hearing songs of old is always nice. Let's get goin'!"

The half-dwarf followed the walking tree.
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2004, 06:38:33 PM »
Callista once again giggled and turned walking backwards "i don't hate you" she said with a soft gigling voice she turned back around and walked under the shade of the great branches of watcher, who was glidding along "you walk ever so gracefully, for a tree of old" said callista not meaning to sound rude, she played with the string of her bow as she walked, occasinally looking back to see if the others where following, but none seemed to be at the moment 'give them a little while' she thought to herself

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2004, 08:38:41 PM »
Hamold stood behind for a small while whilst the group began walking away, then with a faint shrug, he scrambled after them, wordlessly leaping up against the treefolk and attempting to climb him. If he was going to go with them, he was getting a free ride. "So, how far away IS this place, anywho?"
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2004, 07:24:56 AM »
"I hope it's not very far away, 'cause I'm gonna need some good ale soon..."
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2004, 11:24:20 AM »
"i'm not quite sure, but we will stop for a rest on the way, if that is alright with you watcher?" Callista asked looking far, far up into the big amber eyes of the wood-kin, "anyway, welcome to the group hamold" she said a smile now dawning on her face "i hope you will enjoy our company as much as we will enjoy ours" with that said she turned to face the direction they were heading a big smile spread across her face as she countinued to walk.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2004, 12:50:56 PM »
You-Hem- are in good luck Master Dwarf

Watcher said. His branches swaying in the pleasant breeze. They noticed the trees were thinning, and ground bcoming more level. The ground underfoot abruptly became great panels of smooth stone. laid end to end in a cunning pattern. The stones, each a pace across, was set at an angle to the next stone, giving the road a zig-zag appearance. Even more surprising was the color of the stones. Most were a dark rich ochre, a geologist or worker of stone would recognize it as red granite. Some of the stones, perhaps one in 20 was either brilliant white dolomite marble, or a rich green malachite.

The Dwarf Road, crafted by the Dwarves generations ago, one stone at a time, each a block one pace, by one pace, by one pace. (20inx20inx20in) The road lead into the forest, and the the great Elfhame of Aelfwine of the Greenmantle.

Behold, the Dwarf-Hroom Hroom, road. The Hall of-Hem-Aelfwine is a single days passage. This road is-Hem-safe.

As they passed, a large oak with branches like towers rustled against the wind. The face in the bark was easily discerned with large lamplike green eyes. No words passed between the two wood-kin, but the oak subsided, and was silent again.

My friend says-Hem-no one has passed this way in...Hroom, three turns of the seasons.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2004, 01:23:18 PM »
"Ah, it's always nice t'see some good 'ol dwarven workmanship. Now, if that old tome I read once is correct..."

Redwick looked down, counted the stones and then went over and lifted one of them.

"Just as I suspected..."

He took out a dusty, dirty bottle.

"One of the workers buried this bottle 'ere once."

With some effort, the half-dwarf managed to pull out the cork and sniffed at the flask. Then he took a gulp from it.

"Yup, it's good 'ol dwarven ale alright."

Then he gently replaced the stone so that no indication of that it had ever been moved could be seen.

"This should be enough for the rest 'o the jorney..."
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2004, 08:56:50 AM »
Callista had unusal high feelings of happiness this day, she skiped ahead, of the group, and occasonally, turned playfully to tell them to "come on" at last, Callista fell back to the group, "that must years old" she said pointing at the bottle in the dwarves hand "can i try a bit?" she asked looking down at it with a thought of great intent,

Offline Kinya

• Nomad
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2004, 09:32:01 AM »
Decidedly frightened by all those around she slowly backed away into the forest seeking refuge about a half a mile away under a branch keeping her well hidden. She had found that she still was not used to other creatures and their ways but perhaps she would be one of these days. She dug slightly a small hole to rest her body she was still week and knew not any language that they spoke. She still could not talk and seemed content to live on this way...
You have been left wanting...

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2004, 11:06:35 AM »
Redwick looked suspiciously at Callista.

"Okay...but just a small sip."

Then he reluctantly handed over the bottle.
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
The Elfhame of Aelfred Greenmantle
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2004, 03:21:44 PM »
The continued on a for a great distance, it's smooth stones made for easy travel, despite the age of the road. No weeds or grass sought to disrupt the stones, and no root of tree buckled the stone. Perhaps it was the skill of the dwarven engineers, or perhaps a construct of fae magic, either way the path was clear.

It was nearly evening when the first sight of something other than tree or road came into sight. There was an arch over the road, two vertical stones, the tops rough hewn, but the lowest five to six feet were smoothed by the passage of many hands. Redwick would recognize the Dwarven Gate from tale alone, from a time when the elves and the dwarves had much commerce between them, and both grew rich from it.

Hroom-Here is the Gate...

Watcher said, stopping outside of the arch. His great size prevented him from passing through the gate himself. If he tried, he would crack and break many branches, and possibly damage the gate itself.

Beyond the gate there was a raised hill with a ring of concentric stone monoliths, and more arches. The stones were deeply ingraved with glyphs and runes of the elves, tales and histories and other things that the elves sought to remember in their nigh immortal lives.

It-Hroom-has been a pleasant journey. Our paths-Haar-branch here.

Even as Watcher was speaking, the others were able to spy a trio of elves approaching, one wearing a long green cape and mantle. The elf had a handsome face, but bore a long scar from his right temple to the point of his chin, coming perilously close to his right eye. He wore his white hair in a flat braid down his back, and was adorned only with a small thin circlet of silver.

"Well come, Watcher, it has been some time since you last stirred. I was not expecting you again for another century." The elven lord spoke. Watcher only nodded his great head.

"I was told of your coming, the others become excited when one of the ancients stir, and brough me word as quickly as their limbs would bear them. They told me also of your companions. All of you are welcome in the Elfhame for as long as you care to stay." He said in traditional elven greeting

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2004, 05:11:53 PM »
Callista had choked on the ale given to her "blurghhhh, thats horrible" she cried throwing the bottle back at the dwarve "how could you drink that?" Callista said laughing, she stopped laughing immediatly, when she saw watcher stop in front of the arch-way "wow" sighed Callista looking up to the top of the arch-way, she looked to the horizon and there a trio of elves was coming over the hill and closer, Callista went into a very low bow "lord Aelfwine" she said quietly and polietly, she did not come up from that bow intill the elf lord, finished talking, "are you not coming watcher?" she said looking up into the large amber eyes, she didnt wait for a reply "i will miss you" she said softly "if you don't come i will miss you dreadfully" Callista put a weak smile on, she turned to the elf lord "we are very gratefull for your accomidation" said callista polietly, she turned to the others "well its now or never" she sighed turned once more to watcher and hugged his trunk "thank you" she mouthed as she moved forewards, "may our paths lead together again" she called as she moved away "come on, you two" she called once again,

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2004, 03:44:23 AM »
"Yeah, fare thee well, Mr. ent. Next time I run head-first into a tree, I'll remember ya."

Redwick put back his bottle of ale in his backpack. Then he turned to the elves.

"And 'ello to you, elves. Hope ya don't mind havin' a half-dwarf coming along..."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Danu Raven Nightshade

• Journeyman
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2004, 09:14:33 AM »
"Or a demon." Danu half smiled, "no matter how quiet she is."
It was true, she had been quiet. She put it down to her being a listner. The more you listened to others, the more you learned, and the more dangerous you became. She's discovered that more times than she could count on her semi taloned fingeres. That's one of the reasons she'd worked with the pussycat angels. Information was always easy to come by when you were dealing with drunkards.
Heaven bows to me. Hell worships me.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2004, 12:27:11 PM »
"Right. Or demons."
Redwick Undersoor