llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: New face  (Read 20013 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Danu Raven Nightshade

• Journeyman
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2004, 12:33:07 PM »
"you're half dwarf?" Danu asked coyly, gazing at the smaler man with her intense green eyes, and turning the corner of her mouth into a sly smile? "and here I was thinking you were all dwarf..."
Heaven bows to me. Hell worships me.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2004, 01:05:28 PM »
Aelfwine's face was hard as the stone of the dwarf road as he looked at Danu. There was little to be read in those fair features, forever marred by the large scar that crinkled the skin near his eye.

"You have come in good company master Dwarf," Aelfwine "And the dwarves have long been welcome here, as you can see from their handiwork." he said, his voice lightening away from a hard tone.

"I see you have grown straight Callista." He said, "Your Mother and Father would be glad to see you in such good health."

He took the name and a short introduction from each of the travelers except Danu. His face didnt return to its former stone shell, but neither did he look at her, speak to her, or even acknowledge her presence.

"Come, there will be refreshments and fresh clothes made for your visit, there will be a small feast this evening, the Festival of Kindling draws near and I would invite you to attend it." He said.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2004, 01:15:50 PM »
Callista bowed once again and thanked the lord, she then turned to danu "don't worry about him, not all elf's are nice to every single race in this large world, but don't let it bother you yeah!" Callista moved forward "we would be delighted to attend the festival of kindling, right guys?" she turned looking desperatly into each of there eyes, she moved her head to the side to indicate to follow him, but Callista stopped for a minuite "im sorry to be rude my lord, but are you not going to say hello to my frined, Danu?" she stared into the elf lords eyes "well?"
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • http://www.geocities.com/iheroes/
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2004, 03:07:55 AM »
Redwick was a bit worried about the demon as well. All demons he had met were big red fire-breathing monsters with horns and green shining eyes.

"Hurm, I'd love to visit a li'll festival, as long as there's plenty to drink", the half-dwarf said.
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2004, 03:46:13 AM »
Aelfwine gave Callista a look that would have frozen water, or cracked a stone with the intensity it carried. There was no pity, or remorse in the eyes, eyes that had seen companions of the centuries slain, and many allies and friends fallen and wept bitter tears for their loss.

"Your friend will recieve food and lodging, which was extended to your entire party. If you wish to discuss this matter later, in private, we will. Otherwise, there are other things of greater import to discuss." he redirected the conversation away from Callista, ending any chance of a rebuttal or interjection.

"Yes Master Dwarf, there will be many forms of refreshment, especially the ales and lagers that I would imagine yourself to be quite fond of. As a matter of fact, I have a casque of brown malt beer that you might be interested in. It would be a fitting reward for your deeds with the abomination in the water." He clapped the half-dwarf on the shoulder. Some people might have had a way of calling him a dwarf with a tone of derision, or a stab at his bastardized heritage, but from the elfen lord it seemed a great compliment.

"As for the halfing, I have had some dealings with your kin, but it has been a number of years, decades actually. I have grown quite fond of the halfling leaf, and have managed to cultivate a patch of my own, Bartleby's Greenleaf if I remember correctly. Perhaps you would be good enough to sample my crop and appraise me of its value?"

Behind the elf-lord, the lights were being lit in the elfhame itself, a towering three story building with a pitched roof, wide open porches, and generous windows and inviting doors. The light inside was not the flickering amber of torches but the softer glow of magical light, heatless and flameless. There was also the pleasant smell of food wafting on the breeze, several sorts of game fowl, as well as the undeniable scent of wild boar roasting.

OOC: Aelfwines snubbing of Danu is for an IC reason, I hope I havent offended in this posting. This is nothing personal against Danu, or her player. Game on!

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2004, 04:40:10 AM »
Hamold, who had simply been resting in the Branches of the tree-kin, peered down at the elven lord at the mention of Bartleby's greenleaf. "Bartleby's greenleaf? Now that, I would like to test... er, Simply to advise you on the quality, of course! But for now... Hmm..."

Finally, the halfling slipped down off the hulking tree, and scuttled over past the elf, drawn by the delightful odour of boar meat. He was soon lost in the commotion of the setting up, gone for now, but bound to show up before long.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2004, 07:12:10 AM »
Redwick was startled. Never before had he met elves like these, elves that didn't mutter bitterly at the mere prescence of him. To think that this kind of hospitality was still to be found among the tall, pointy-eared people! He figured he ought to enjoy it while it lasted.

"So, along we go then! Is there some hall where one can sit down and eat?"
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2004, 10:47:55 AM »
Callista had stared right back, more of a stern stare then anything else, she went to say something else but he carried on talking to the others, Callista moved closer to danu, she lent over and wishpered "don't worry not ALL elves are like HIM" she said enphesizing the words, all and him, she turned back to look at the elf-lord, she glared at him, as if he had said something rude, "fine, lets go" she moved forward in front of them all and began to trudge slowly down the hill "come on" she called aragantly avoding the elf-lords eyes, Callista didnt like him one bit, but she would have to put with him to get the information she wanted, there was no use being rude that wouldnt get them any where, so she just tryed to be as poliet as she could after that point

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2004, 01:58:36 PM »
"Very well," Aelfwine said, a light smile on his face. "If you would care to follow me, we will partake in a light evening meal, and you can tell me more of your encounter, and of your travel on the road, and perhaps even how you came to be in the revered Wood-kins company."

He lead the group to the elfhame, where the doors stood open, and the smell of food was stronger, more savory. The inside of the hall was spacious, tall ceilings held aloft by massive pillars of fluted white stone, the walls and the floors were a beautiful mix of dwarven stonemasonry and elven carving. More surprising were the multitude of flowers, alive in great stone pots, that filled the hall with their own aroma and brought vivd splashes of red, green, gold, and shades of blue to the elegant white of the hall.

The feasting table was not set, but at the request of the lord, several platters of food were delivered to the table. There was no boar to be had, but there was a brace of rabbits, seasoned and spit roasted, a stuffed duck with a fruity sauce, two large loaves of bread, and a wheel of dark orange cheese, the wax having been carefully peeled away from the cheese.

Two more stevedors brought out an old looking casque, mottled with age. Redwick could almost smell the malty aroma of the brew held inside. The two serviced the casque, releasing the pressure, and pouring out a mighty mug of the foaming, almost black stout.

Several bottles of a crisp white wine were also brought out and pouring into comfortable goblets of polished silver. Soon, a varitable feast was laid out before the group, with fine flatware and plates to eat from, it was a far cry from the less appealing food of the traveler.

Aelfwine sat back into his chair, and drew out a long pipe. One of the stevedors who brought the casque provided a hefty leather pouch of dried, and fine smelling greenleaf. He took a good pinch and packed the pipe, and then offered the pouch to Hamold.

"I think it might be the finest leaf outside of the Farthings, but I doubt any but the halfings can grow the best leaf." The stevedor offered the light Hamolds pipe with a match from one of the roasting fires.

Danu and Callista had their seats the farthest from the head of the table.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2004, 02:40:05 PM »
Red Un had been standing over at the flowers at first, sniffing at them curiously. Then he took one of them (a red tulip-like one) and took a bite out of it. He chewed around a bit and then swallowed.

"Hum...dwarven cave-tulip. Can sustain a miner for a day if needed..."

Then he saw the barrel that was carried in and immedeiately stopped thinking about flowers. As the mug was filled, there was a glimmer in the half-dwarf's eyes. He rapidly sat down at the table and took a deep gulp from the mug. And then another. Finaly, he belched loudly and grinned.

"Aaaah...best ale I've tasted since I left Kazordoon...I've gotta tell Jimbin of this when I get home..."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2004, 08:04:57 PM »
Hamold, who now was seated comfortably, gave a faint snort in mock derision. "We shall see how good this leaf is." The halfling took a deep puff on the pipe, his whole body relaxing further, if possible, and he exhaled slowly. "Not bad, not bad... It's no 'Puffyns crisp', but you are just elves, hm?" Dispite his friendly criticism, he snatched a small handful from the pouch before the stevedor could get out of his reach, and stuffed it in an empty pouch of his own, hanging from his belt.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2004, 03:20:56 AM »
Redwick supressed a giggle at the comment "you are just elves" by drinking some more ale.
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2004, 06:51:41 AM »
Aelfwine took their ribbing with good humor. The food was eaten and wine was consumed, and pipes were smoked. Aelfwine stood and walked to one of the windows, the glow of faerie fire casting his shadow against the pale stone of the wall. It seemed that a great weight sat upon his shoulders.

"The dark times are returning after a century of peace." he said, his voice bore the same burden. "And it seems that the sacrifices of so many a century ago were but in vain. The demons are returning, they have begun to corrupt mortal flesh with their tainted essence. We lost so many fighting them last time, and the death has begun again.

"The young warriors and hunters find the abominations and slay them, but many are wounded, some are killed and the tide has only begun to rise, no demon has manifested completely yet, but it only a matter of time.

"Our allies have run thin. The dwarves have closed up many of their doors, many of their halls. None have come down the Dwarf road in a human generation. The men of Eharon have become decadent and corrupt, the noble warrior-kings have played out, they are naught but merchant princes, bankers and thieves.

"It is my duty to see to the protection of my people. If nothing can be done, we will have to leave this place. The elves have passed into twilight and our strength was of the old world, not of this new world." He opened one of the side doors that lead out onto the veranda. Aelfwine stepped outside.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2004, 11:06:24 AM »
Ow, did I arrive in this world at a bad time thought Redwick to himself. Then he went back to eating and drinking.
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Danu Raven Nightshade

• Journeyman
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2004, 01:45:21 PM »
Danu liked this place. There were enough shadows that were deep and dark enough to hide in. Not that she needed to hide, she just didn't feel too comfortable around company that were so vary wary of her.
She understood though. She'd be wary around her too!

"Callista," she said finally, walking over to the young elf, "I do not know what help I will be able to offer you, but I swear, if I can be of assistance I will do all I can for you. I know I have a colourful history, but trust me. Please?" She had said the last part loud enough for everyone else to hear too.
Heaven bows to me. Hell worships me.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2004, 02:33:57 PM »
Callista looked deep into Danu's eye's "of course i trust you, even if some of the other's don't, i don't care what other people think" she said slowly, no sigh of lieing on her face, she nodded slightly to Danu and continued to drink her wine, Callista had been staring at the elf-lord for a while now, she didn't like him and she would perfer to leave this place as soon as possible, it was a lovely place but Aelfwine made her feel uneasy, very very uneasy, she wasn't sure she trusted him even if he was like her, she turned to Danu "Do you trust him?" she whispered "that Aelfwine, because he makes me feel really uneasy" she whispered, looking at him as she said it,

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2004, 06:43:02 AM »
Redwick had never trusted elves, but ironicaly, he greatly apreciated this one.

He noticed that there was no food left on the plate. Not wishing to bother these friendly elves, he decided to find the kitchen himself. He rose up and tried to silently sneak outside...
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2004, 12:29:26 PM »
"Ah, Master Dwarf, I see that you found the meal to your liking?" Aelfwine asked he tried slipping out of the room.

"There will be more feasting tomorrow, the boar will be ready by then, as well as the rest of the feast. If you are still hungry, there is adequate food in the kitchen." He indicated a low building seperated off from the great hall. Below in the clearing, several tall posts had been raised, an enchanted stone at the cap of each one, producing a brilliant glow.

"It pains me to see Callista in the company of demon spawn. Did you know that each of the poles represents one of the seven who died to banish the demons a century ago?" he asked the dwarf.

"Three elves, three humans, and one dwarf. They stood valiantly and were slain by the claws, horns, and poisonous blood of the demons. One of them is for Kelsta, Callista's father." he said, a hint of regret in his voice.

"One should be for me, as I should have died on that dark day, instead of him." Aelfwine said.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2004, 01:04:34 PM »
Callista walked over to Aelfwine, "i do apoligise for my rudeness when we first met" she said quietly bowing slightly "and i do understand that many have died, trying to fight the demons, but Danu i trust her, i would trust her with my life, and for starters she is only half demon, that may not count for much but it counts for something, i beg of you try and see what i see in her, and you may say that my father died fighting the demons but you do forget that he also made friends with one of them, and some demons actully stayed out of the war, you must also relise that" she bowed once again and apologised, and then began to once again walk away, she walked over to one of the pillars, she knelt at the base of it and looked down at the floor

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2004, 02:34:07 PM »
"I hope you understand that it is very difficult for me to tolerate the presence of one who even just half demon. Their kind has laid so much pain and suffering upone our people, we have lost so much to their depredations. Your father was more understanding than I, I admit that freely." He said.

"Watcher did not object to her presence, and I trust his judgement more than I trust my own. I hear truth in your words, Callista. Do not ask me to show her kindness, I cannot do that. There can be nothing between Danu and I but restrained animosity. She may stay as long as she likes, in your company, but do not ask me to welcome her like a prodigal child."

"Twilight comes, our time now. Is it the end of the Elfhame, are we to fall to the demons? Our strenght is not what it once was. The dwarves seldom come down the road, and men. What of men, the strength of their blood has spent itself. We stand alone before this menace of the ancients."

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2004, 03:36:29 PM »
Callista looked up and gently nodded her head to show him that she understood, she placed a long slender finger on the name Kelsta on the bottom of the pillar, and traced it, a tear rolled down her face, she had loved her father, or what she new of him, the tear rolled and fell to the floor, it had hurt when she found out that her father was dead, but there was nothing that she could of done, she shook her head and pulled herself up, she blinked another tear out of her eye, and turned she bowed to Aelfwine and then returned to the feast

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2004, 09:51:54 AM »
Redwick had went away to the kitchen, and returned chewing on a big piece of meat just to hear Aelwine lament over the "menace of the ancients" yet again.

"I'm sure that I'm gonna end up on some long, dangerous adventure for asking this, but is there any hope left?"
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2004, 10:44:52 AM »
The shadows near Redwick rippled, and a hulking shape moved out of them. Its skin was pebbly and black, like that of some obscene lizard. Two eyes red as charcoal embers menaced him from a squat toad like face. The beast moved forward using an ungainly three legged gait, using one forelimb like a tripod leg.

Three more of the brutes filed out of the darkness, knuckles digging furrows in the ground. They looked towards the dwarf and his piece of meat. One broke away towards REdiwck, the others moved south towards the knoll where the seven pillars were being lifted for the festival the next day.

There was shouting as the demons cracked two of the pillars, and struck down several workers. Redwick had only his piece of meat between him and the demon that faced him down

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2004, 09:14:43 AM »
"Uh...go fetch!"

Redwick threw the piece of meat as far as he could, hoping that the demon didn't just look doglike.
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
New face
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2004, 10:48:33 AM »
Callista turned her head as a ruckas reached her ears, she sighted the pug-ugly demons and drew her bow and arrow, ready to fire if needs be, she moved it between all of the demons, waiting for an opputunity to open, she looked for the others, she noted redwick throw his meat away, probably hoping that the demon would follow, but not all demons where thick, she watched waiting any moment now, she let a arrow fly through the air as a warning sign,