llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Dhampiri] The Tenth Riddle  (Read 3205 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
[Dhampiri] The Tenth Riddle
« on: April 26, 2004, 04:40:54 PM »
The City of Korach is a massive desert city-state, lying thousands of miles southeast of the lands known as the Armorican Kingdoms. It is a massive place of mud-brick ziggurats and towering plaster tenements, peopled by the Korachi, a dark-skinned scholarly people.
Somewhere in Korach, there is hidden a scroll, unfathomably ancient, upon which is written the Tenth Blood Riddle of Ur, the First Dhampire. Bloodlines of Dhampiri from all over the Earth have come, seeking this scroll, and a Dhampiric war will be waged this very night, through the streets and rooftops of ancient Korach.

This is a roleplay based on my Dhampiri thread in Flesh It Out. Players may play as:
A. A Dhampire of any bloodline (Not a Primogenitor, but otherwise any level of power is fine)
B. A Korachi or other kind of mortal (You may play an Armorican, but you'll have to come up with a d**n good reason for a northerner to be so far away from home.)

Here's the rules:
1. My word is LAW!
2. Absolutely NO MUNCHKINISM!
-Munchkinism is hereby defined as: Power-gaming, god-moding, playing a sorceror character, and/or controlling/killing off/otherwise affecting mine or others' NPCs without permission.
3. I want to keep this moving so it won't stagnate and die. If you don't post for five days, we'll go on without you, unless you provide a decent reason for not posting.
4. See Rule #1.
5. Also, follow all rules not hereby outlined that are outlined in the Freeform Rules in the regular Freeform board.

So...Awaiting your player requests.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 07:56:02 PM »
Hell yes! :D Character will come to your PM today, Cap'n.

- I hereby agree to all set Rules, And give permission for others to take partial control of my character, if I have not posted in 3 days.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 09:12:01 PM »
Valdus Darkmour.

.....~Trust is the colour of a grave-dogs bark. Trust is the colour of a dagger in the dark. Trust is the colour of a mans last breath. Trust is the colour of death.~..... The first and foremost thing one might notice about this man is his eyes, dark and mysterious orbs that radiate an aura of wisdom. The shade of these raven-black pools contrast sharply with the pale, deathly pallour of his silky smooth skin. Shoulder length hair cascades downward along his lean features, taking on a similar shade to his skin though slightly more metallic in nature. Intricately marked over the lid of his right eye is a tattoo, seeming to take on a scar-like appearance, and another similar mark has been burned apon his right arm, the image pointing downwards to dextrous fingers - those of a pianist rather than a murderer. Valdus enjoys dressing eccentrically, often favouring a jutting, crownlike headpiece, crafted from an unidentifiable metal. A high-collared jerkin, darkened brown in colour, covers his torso. A similar structured pair of leggings is held up by a linked belt, various gems encrusted in it, helping protect his lower regions. Metallic shoulderpads, also inset with several jewels, jut precariously out and hold together a tattered, brown cape, attatched in the middle of his chest by a small pendant of a skull... Dispite Valdus's most eccentric appearance, he seems to be well mannered, if boastful at times, and he often refers to himself as a lord, his reasons for this being his own. The man definitely seems not to be much of a warrior, bieng too graceful - his muscles are toned, but not overly large as though he is used to wielding a weapon. Of course, if the man would grin at you, perhaps you may notice a pair of elongated canine teeth gleaming dully at you. Perhaps you may also notice that, though his body states he is around 25 years old, his eyes say far, far more...

----------------------------

Valdus Darkmour - Fourth in generation from Jaderoth himself. This man had lost his sanity some four hundred years ago, but instead of bieng detrimental, all his madness did was bestow an incredible sense of irrational logic to him. He can talk himself out of most any situation, and he always seems to have a faint, content smile splayed across his bloodless lips. Bieng of Jaderoth descent, he has had plenty of time to study the nine riddles, but before his madness, he could solve but two of them - the first and the second. AFTER his madness, however, and after he gained his sense of logic and reasoning, He quickly solved the third, fourth, sixth, seventh and ninth, the only ones yet to be solved by him are the fifth and eighth. Valdus set to work, honing his skills with these gifts, and hence is quite proficient in the use of them. He is the master of Whispers - perhaps more skilled at the art than the Ultharai. He also has his fair share of power in the other 'realms' of Dhampiri abilities, but whenever strange things occur around him, it is often due to his Whispering.

Valdus has NO 'children' - spawns of himself, as he believes that doing so will only weaken his bloodline. Also, he realises that if he drains ALL blood of a victim, and not just enough to turn them, he will gain more power. Valdus has recently begun feeding on other, weaker Dhampiri, savouring the bitter taste of his bretheren, but he will not attack another night-walker unless gravely insulted by them.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 06:58:05 PM »
I accept all terms and conditions.  PM of character to follow.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 08:56:16 PM »
Jianna Nalisa

Pretty, pretty. Did anyone ever tell you that you're a beautiful person? No? For shame. What? Why thank you, kind sir. Perhaps the two of us might nip off and do something about it, hmm? Come with me. I know a fine place.

Jianna was beautiful in life, and remains so after her change. But it is now a dark, predatory beauty, hinting at the perversion of her nature. She is so beautiful that no man has looked on her and not felt something. Alabaster skin, dark curly hair down her back, hard green eyes that seem to hint at some mystery, and a general air of passion. No scars or visible marks mar her perfect skin, and she moves with an undefinable, almost sinuous grace. Her clothes are always elegantly beautiful, and emphasise her figure. One day it might be a flowing gown, another it might be a loose silk shirt and hip-hugging trousers. It really depends on her mood. Her clothes always seem to be in perfect condition when she's wearing them, but if one looks when she's not, they will notice tiny imperfections. She also wears delicate gold jewelry. When she smiles, her ruby lips rarely part to show her teeth. Sometimes, a smile will seem to be purely innocent, or full of desire (of one type or another). Sometimes it is downright predatory. She generally appears just respectable enough to avoid being called a tramp or getting in trouble.
_________________________________________________ ____________________

Jianna is of the fifth generation; the Primogenitor of the Corai bloodline was her grand-sire. As with all of her clan, her appetites are nigh-insatiable, but her centuries-long life has made her very skilled at hunting down that which she desires. Jianna is only slightly too refined to be called a wanton tramp; she is one of the original vamps, in all senses of the word. She relies on her looks, charm, and sex appeal to get her out of difficulties; physical combat is for when she has no other choice. She would much rather manipulate someone else to do her dirty work, and is quite good at it. She has the Dark Gift of Desires, and has mastered the Second, Fourth, and Eigth Blood Riddles. She prefers feeding on very attractive people, and will not let anything stand between her and what she wants. Jianna looks upon it as a special challenge to seduce young men away from their sweethearts (throwing them away when she's done with them), something she fails at only rarely. The harder it is to accomplish that, the more she wants to do it. According to Corai gossip, she is held responsible for the downfall of three different monarchs. She is a master at manipulating people (especially men) using her Dark Gift and her natural talents, and is not above shamelessly using fellow Dhampiri. She cannot bear to be insulted, and is swift to take revenge. There's a bit of a sadist in her too; those who offend her die long, agonizing deaths. (Killing by feeding is too good for those who insult her.) She has also been known to carry a grudge for generations; if she cannot take revenge on a particular person, she'll take it on his or her descendants. She can be very haughty, and is extremely vain, like all of her bloodline.

Jianna had one offspring, two hundred years ago, but she destroyed him after a percieved insult. After that, she saw creating spawn as a nuisance she didn't need. She'll feed on other Dhampiri if she thinks she won't be caught at it, although there are very few she thinks worth her attention.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2004, 12:05:22 AM »
I was wondering if I could join, I know I flipped out a little on Araith's thread.  Sorry about that I vented kinda, not a good idea to try to post on a lunch break. I want to redeem myself among yourselves.  I promise outbursts like that will not occure again.  Anyways back to the topic, I tried PMing this to you Cap'n but I'll post it just in case you don't check those often.  

Arcturus Mathay is a full-blooded Arcturan Centurion.  Like most governments, even the Arcturan government has it's secrets.  One of those scerets is La casa dei Segreti (Italian for House of the Secrets, couldn't find a translator to Roman :( ) a secret organization that keeps tabs on demonic, supernatural, and blasphemis occurences, people, or things.  While priests attend to the duty of the Gods the few members La casa dei Segreti pay attention more to the strange happenings on the Earth.  La casa dei Segreti while highly mysterious is seen as the laughing stock assignment for the Arcturan Centurions, in fact Arcturus is the only Centurion avaible for the star-gazers and book worms of La casa dei Segreti to use for assignments.  Because of the rariety of assignments for the Centurion of this position to do it is considered almost unhonorable assignment by most, but because of the rare occurences when a Centurion has been needed by La casa dei Segreti one is posted for them.  

Arcturus though is not like most Centurions, he has the reddish brown hair of most Arcuturans a lean medium build that could fit any number of people.  Sharp green eyes that are common enough among Arcuturans, his face is attractive but not enough for anyone to remember if they only saw him at a fleeting glance, which most people do.  Arcturus is a well enough warrior that he passes tests of ability to keep the position with ease.  In fact most people have a hard time findinf anything notable about Arcturus.  The only odd thing for an Arcturan noble like Arcturus is that he is without a wife or family of his own.  He has a younger brother who is a star in the Arcturan army, but his parents died from an outbreak of gripe when he was twenty, Arcturus is 28 years of age.  Arcturus gave up his right of bein first born to assume the family's political position and passed it on to his younger brother who accepted it happily.  Arcturus only hobby had been ancient myth and lore, he became a member of La casa dei Segreti by the fact the Adiminstrator of La casa dei Segreti noticed that he used many ancient myth and lore books form the liabary which they monitored for any rare sorcerers perhaps seeking books of power that might of been hiden in a liabary.  Arcturus who already had a peeked interest in the unnatural took the assignment when the administrator offered it to him, while Arcturus was between assignments.  Seeing a way to get rid of an officer that was not all he could be his superiors happily agreed.

Arcturus in the eight years as a demon hunter/investigator has slain a Dhampire only three times in all his years and only encountered them three times.  Arcturus has aquitted himself well in tracjing them, Arcturus has a meticulous place to find what does not belong.  La casa dei Segreti knows somewhat of the legend of Ur but only from village tales where Dhampires stalked they know of the existence of The Riddles but neither know how many exist nor possess anyone of them.  When Arcturus sleighed his second Dhampire before the beast was completely consumed it dropped a small journal of it's killings and things to do.  One spoke of a great summoning of Dhampires in the wild lands of the south, deep in the hornets nest of Korachi.  Posing as an envoy to savages of the south, Arcturus is sent out to investigate this supposed gathering.  His only clue is the vanquished Dhampire's journal, his tools are two small bulbs of water blessed by the priests in the names of the gods and goddesses.  Three bulbs of oil with a rag lightly dipped in oil.  A sort of Amorican molotov cocktail.  A cross bow with arrows amde from silver and lead, and a stout dagger with the Goddess Fortuna's name inscripted in the blade in ancient Arcturan.  

My character is completely human but I would be open to some changes later.  If you all let me join?

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2004, 09:57:49 PM »
Question: Are Dhampires able to sense other Dhampires?

Oh, and here is a pic of Valdus, for those who are interested :)

http://www.angelfire.com/vamp/chaos/the-Fanatism-large.jpg

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2004, 03:22:29 PM »
Of your character, Luke:
His name is Arcturus Mathay? I could suggest a hundred better Roman-sounding names.

Shadow:
No.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2004, 06:47:32 PM »
Goodo :)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2004, 11:02:43 PM »
La casa dei Segreti = Domum Secreti (Not sure if that is an exact translation, but domum means house or home and secretus means secret, and the plural would be secreti.)

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2004, 11:22:32 PM »
Ok, new name Maximus Iereilius.  Domum Secreti, thanks.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2004, 07:10:15 PM »
AAAAAAAAAACK!
WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!
You can't do that!
You cannot....do...that...!

You can't just advance the RP along a day! You cannot do stuff like that!
Some problems with you advancing along a day:
1. YOU DON'T HAVE MY APPROVAL!
2. What about all the s**t that was happening before that? Like Axinos' fight, and Valdus' purposeful walk and all that?! What were you thinking?!
3. Anti-dramatics. C'mon, man, think.

Here's what we're gonna' do, okay? We're just going to edit that post, and then be done with it. Then, we can move on.