llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Ferosh] Season of Chaos  (Read 2642 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« on: May 15, 2004, 04:35:56 PM »
OOC:  Anyone who wants to can join but I do have some grounds rules.

1. Read Ferosh in the Idea Scroll or if it has alerady been moved the Setting Forge.
2. Follow the rules of magic for Kaurian and Faasss magic.
3. If you want to be a Chaos Empowered Human pm me first.
4. You can start your character here with out the Name, Age, Sex, etc. with exception to rule #3.
5. Keep OOC Comments in the OOC thread I'll start once I'm finished here.
6. If you introduce a new type of demon, creature, creep, or NPC put it in the Ferosh thread in the Setting Forge.  

I begin:

Martha walked ridgedly behind her Nagotari master, Lord Shimeraru, careful of his scaly red lower body that he propeled himself forward with.  A dozen other slaves fanned out behind.  She didn't dare look at them or they her, her just walked on silently her black dirty mangy hair fell in her face.  Hiding the tears that fell down her cheeks, and onto the canvas sack she wore to protect her from the chill wind.  

Martha was a shamed one, she had laid with a man without her master's permission.  Master didn't like his slaves to breed with out his control, he said it was dangerous and that the child could be an abomination.  Martha looked in the sparkling icy eyes of the little baby boy she cradled in her arms.  His tiny fingers played with her hair and he smiled then she kissed the end of his nose and laughed with pure innocence.

The group of slaves and their master walked through a small patch of farmland and over a rickety wood bridge to the Master's ritual area.  It was four tail lengths square (40 feet).  The Master proceeded to the center of the square then turned around.  The view up here was most awing, the square stood next to a water fall nearly ten tail leangths high.  The other slaves all male formed a semi cirlce around the edge of the square that lead back to the path.  

Lord Shimeraru slithered around to face Martha, "I feed you, I clothe you, I let you work my farms, and live on my land.  All I assk for iss your ssubmissssion to me!  And thiss iss how you repay me!  Going behind my back to have a few moments of pleasssure when dangerouss ressults could happen!  Martha give the child to me an example musst be made!" He hissed in common, the words were weazing and lacked power put the trident he held commanded respect.

"You stupid &^%$@ give me that bassterd!"  Martha cowered infront of him and shielded her son from her master.

"Please, we only.. I loved him!" Martha cried out.

"Sslaves do not know love only lusst! If thiss iss how you will be sso be it!"
Shimeraru raised up his trident and brought it down for a killing blow.

In that short second before the foot wide spooks of the trident could impale Martha, the baby that had started crying when his mother had tried to protect him stopped and a small dark blue shield surronded both of them.  The trident bounced off and stuck itself in the stone square.  

Hissing franticaly Shimeraru hissed, "A chaotic abomination kill it!"   He brought his large powerful tail around and smashed it into the side of the blue shield. It held for a second then Martha and the baby went rolling over the cliff.  

In the few secons Martha had she curled up around her baby, "I might die but this child must live!"   She said this because she was a mother.  She smashed into the ground and felt her bone shatter apart and darkness closed in on her but just before she died she heard the baby crying...

Some time later, Feraju lead his pack through the woods.  There was prey nearby they all sensed, the smell of blood was in the air and he heard small crys and wails.  The small pack ran through the trees, perfectly at home, for nature was their home and nature was everywhere.  The Druids of the Wolf the last remaining few of them splashed up the river to the bottom of a waterfall.  A sickly sight greeted them, Feraju had molted back to his druid self even before he relized it.  One of the others let out a whining howl, it was a sad sight even to these scanvengers.  A human women, very beautiful with raven black hair laided on a craggy rock unaturaly blood seeped out from beneath and her eyes saw nothing.  A baby boy was crying louder than ever he could not be barely a week out, laid on his back on the woman's stomach his feeble arms reeching out.  

Luna picked him up in her arms and he quieted down very fast, peering quizicaly into the druids the face.  Lune was shapely for a druid.   She had snowy white skin and long blonde hair and deep liquid blue eyes.  She let the baby suckle on her, her own young lad and Feraju's son stood next to her he only came up to her hips but he was only two and growing fast.  Looked at the human boy with an expression of curiosity.  

"What is it dad?" He asked as the four of them quietly walked away from the waterfall, none of them had the nerve to move the dead body. The dead were dead it was better to let them sleep.  

"Siminu, he is a human baby.  Long ago humans were a race of spradic tribes before the nagotari, Camarans, and Faasss started using them as slaves.  Son slavery is an evil thing, it takes a free spirit of the Wilds and chains it down, and forces the will of others on it.  No one deserves that.  But I wonder how humans got out this far...  The only plantation is that old Nagotari's place well above the cliff and water fall."

"The baby must of fallen in the river or something and the mother must of gone after him.  Poor boy.." Luna said while she was playing with the baby boy.  "Let us call him Rannu for his eyes." She said looking deeply into them.  

"Aye Rannu is a good name for him.  Goes with his eyes, I haven't seen eyes like those in more than a hundred years." Feraju said.  

"Aye." Luna replied.  The four disappeared into the woods....

OOC: I have to go now I will post the rest later.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 09:09:52 PM »
15 YEARS LATER

Rannu ran through the woods just a couple of feet behind Feraju, Simanu, and Luna.  Since they could change to wolves they were a little faster but not by much.  Rannu knew the forest as well as the rest of his family, tonight they were hunting one of the slaver party's that was heading told a supposed small tribe of rogue humans.  Feraju had only let him start coming on hunts when he turned thirteen, with two years of experiance Rannu had a little bit of an idea what he was doing.  He only cared a small stone dagger that had taken him a year and a half to forge the blade to perfection.  The group of slavers were three Faasss.  Feraju had said the Faasss were dangerous because they so much like wolves.  Rannu brushed his raven black hair out of his face and noticed the Feraju with Luna and Simanu had stopped up ahead.  They molted back to themselves just as Rannu arrived, he smiled and greeted them.  "So what's the plan?"

"Smelled like the Faasss are coming up that trail, they stink bad too, is it true they lick themselves clean?"  Simanu said.

"Yes, Simanu.  You know that." Luna turned to Rannu, "Ready? This is your first time against Faasss, be careful, remember the poison they have in their tail claw." Luna reminded in a motherly sort of way.

"Aye.  Let's get this done with."  Rannu replied.

"Right, here they come." Feraju said with that they molted back to wolves while Rannu took to the trees above.  He squatted tensely on a branch about 20 feet in the air under the cover of the pine needles.  Night aided to his camoflage...

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 12:21:01 AM »
Ssiessung the Black, Nagotari Warrior, Lord of the Fortress of Ssothu, hissed in rage and hurled a costly Tcharkun-style ebony vase at the cowering slaves.
"Foolssss! Slackwitssss! Where are my slavessss?! Where are the slaverssss!" he roared, smashing an intricately-carved coil-chair with his meaty tail.
He had sent those barbarian Faasss days ago! Where were they, the hairy beasts! He knew he should have sent Nagotari. One could never trust Faasss. They were mammals, just like the Humans, and that made them only a step above slaves.
Ssiessung made a hasty decision, as was his wont. To the slaves shouted he "Wormssss! Fetch my armor! I ssshall find the slaves myssself! Roussse the huntsssmen! Wake the search-beassssts!"
Ssiessung would make an example of these escaped slaves. He would have them impaled upon the walls of Ssothu before daybreak.

OOC: Just so you know, Luke, the escaped slaves are not your characters.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 05:58:47 PM »
OOC: Ok

The three Faasss trackers came up the path just off to the side of it two on the left one on the right.  A little bit less than careful, Rannu noticed the one on the left carried a flask of something powerful enough he could smell from way up in the tree.  The Faasss' eyes were glazed over and he stepped arkwardly, the other two were snickering at their companion and making playful jeers.  Each had a bandoleer that held a pouch for money and various other trinkets.  All three had buling muscles thickly veined and a wicked looking curved claw on their tails.  

Luna lured them closer by stepping out into the path as her true self, she was a little older but had a very dignified beauty.  The two jeering Faasss looked up and started making some extremely lued innuendoes, even the drunk looked and smiled the lust clearly showing in his expression.  She stepped into the brush on the other side and the Faasss started to give chase.  Lune brought them right by where Rannu, Feraju, and Simanu liad in wait she disappeared around a tree and we sprang the trap.  

Feraju and Simanu leapt gracefuly over a large stickers bush onto the two, just as the drunk realized what was going on Rannu dropped from the tree and kneed it dead in it's back.  The drunken Faasss brought his tail over to stap him, but Rannu grabbed the lazily moving thing by the bottom of the claw and cut it off. Blakc icor sprayed all over the place, the drunken Faasss screamed in rage and pain, tails were a mark of manhood for the Faasss, a long tail claw was an indication to other long appedages.  the Faasss bucked Rannu off him and came out Rannu with his fore claws.  The claws were about an inch and a half long and thick each with a wicked curve to it to rend flesh like a hook.  Rannu put an arm up to block the attack and it slashed right into the underside of his arm, Rannu's voice cracked when he screamed, hot tears stung his eyes but he focused enough to stab the beasty through the bottom of the mouth and into it's brain.  

The Faasss slumpped onto him with crushing weight, he rolled the dead beast off him careful of the black icor that still shooting out of it's tail.  He looked over, Feraju had just bit his foe in the neck and ripped out his throat, while Luna and just taken down Simanu's opponent by surprise.  The last Faasss kicked Luna off him and sprinted away.  Simanu started going after him but Feraju called him off.  

"Let him go, Faasss are faster than us and he'll tell a terrifying story to his friends." Feraju said.

"Aye, let them fear us."  Luna said with a grin, she glanced out Rannu, "Oh your hurt!  Here let me take care of this."  She walked over to Rannu and took a hold of his clawed arm before he could protest. Then took out a belt porch and rubbed some ground up herbs that stung like Creitin.  She mermed a small charm in ancient Camaran charm before then conversion to Kaurian.  The flesh bubbled and renewed itself.

"Thanks."  Rannu said.

"No problem, let's go." Luna replied.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 07:29:41 PM »
At that moment, what looked to be a palm-sized cog or gear flew down from above with great speed and accuracy, striking the fleeing Faasss on the skull and ricocheting off to land on the ground several feet away. Of course, the force of the metal bolt had knocked the feline creature unconscious, and it promptly crumpled to the ground, breathing raggedly.
Silence reigned the path for a few seconds, before the sound of beating wings was heard, and a light-blue, leather-winged Tarkeetan lowered itself to the ground next to the unconscious creature. In its right hand was an odd contraption of gears and slings, formed together - obviously a Tarkeetan crafted weapon. The Tarkeetan seemed quite excitable as it studied the feline - probably ecstatic that its invention worked, but then it quickly lowered itself down to search through the bandoileer of the Faasss, taking out coinage, a rusted dagger, three metallic badges of some sort and a small bottle of what seemed to be water.
The Tarkeetan seemed not to have noticed the Human or Camarans, nor had it noticed the corpses of the other two Faasss - It simply saw this lone target running, and decided it was a good choice to test its new invention out on, plus a chance to pick up some metals for further construction usage.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 08:12:09 PM »
Feraju stared at the Takreetan, he had never seen one before, but had heard about them and their metal machinations.  The thing had light blue leather wings and a contraption of sorts grafted to his hand, the Takreetan had used it to knock out the last Faasss.  Disappointed but more curious Feraju and the other approahced him he thought or her, he couldn't tell.  

"Hail?" He called.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 08:22:28 PM »
At the sound of a voice, The Takreetan darted its head up in surprise, remaining motionless for a second of stunned silence as it stared at Feraju, before he leapt in a roll towards the gear on the ground, grasping it whilst rolling and as he came up to a crouched position, he slid that cog into a slot in the held contraption and aimed it at the newcomer, tilting its head to one side. After a few seconds of silence, it communicated with the new person through telepathy, since it had no mouth.
~Do not come closer, creature. I warn you!~

This telepathy would be directed only at Feraju, so the others would not be able to hear it. The telepathy, of course, would have no 'language', as the recievers mind deconstructs the communication into a recognisable dialect.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 09:29:06 PM »
With a roar of rage, Ssiessung the Black hurled a screaming slave in a swift arc, slamming the human into a treetrunk. He grinned evilly at the noise of snapping bones. The slave lay moaning at the base of the trunk.
"That issss broken. Destroy it and get me a replacement." he snarled at his entourage.
"This one is pleased to carry out your commands, Most Sublime Master," said a human guard, and pointed his sword at two burden-carriers. "The Master's will be done. See to it."
"These ones shall," replied the humans, bent over with loads, and hefted up the "broken" slave, who screamed as they carried him away.
"Kotaa!" Ssiessung said, after a moment of brooding silence.
The man, captain of Ssiessung's personal guard, went to his knees before the Nagotari. "What may this one do for the Most Sublime Master?"
"Where are the ssssearch-beassssts?"
A flash of fear crossed Kotaa's face. "This one...This one does not know, Most Sublime Master. Those most stupid and useless beast-handlers have not yet returned to the entourage."
Ssiessung, in that moment, considered, first, smashing in Kotaa's head. Useless hominid. Next, he thought of having the beast-handlers crucified and then burned. But instead, he settled for slamming his spear, a huge, leaf-headed spear made from black steel, through a tree nearby.
The entourage was surprised. They had expected another eruption of their master's volcanic rage, which they had seen, but they had also expected killing. Oh well. They cowered just the same.
"We go." growled Ssiessung sibilantly, and continued on.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 09:59:21 PM »
"Stop don't go closer." Feraju said as soon as the voice entered his head. Feraju looked into the eyes of the Takreetan, you could never really tell what these beings would be up to but they had created some terrible mechanical abominations in their.  Feraju hesistated this being could talk in him in thought speak, he doubted it but the creautre could probaly pick up on emotion or maybe thoughts too.  Takreetans weren't known for supporting slavery there no need for a fight here.  

"Easy, stranger, I have no quarrel with you." Feraju replied.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 10:09:49 PM »
The Tarkeetan remained silent for a small while, considering, before he lowered his arm, then detatched the gagdet from his arm and hung it on a curious belt-like wrap around its torso next to a couple of other curious instruments. It figured it could always fly out of reach before these people tried to attack it.
Its gaze slid now, upon the two corpses of Faasss that these people had slain, and the Tarkeetan tilted its head to one side in curiousity - Some of his kind were on friendly terms with the cat-like creatures, but most, including himself, disliked them. The other races called his race crude and primitive at times, but as he saw it, any race which resorts to violence and slavery in such a manner were more primitive than themselves. He communicated once more, this time directed to all in the general area. ~Very well... What are your names, and what are you doing attacking such creatures?~

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 12:30:13 AM »
Feraju smiled in relief this was a step forward, "I am Feraju, this is my wife Luna, my son Simanu and my other son Rannu.  These vile creautres," Feraju spat on the corpse of one, "are slavers, we lead them into believing there was a free human tribe here.  We lead them out here and slayed them. My family and I are fighters against these slavers and the ideal of slavery."  Feraju stopped his eyes bored into Takreetan, "You now know the answers to your questions, now I implore thee.  Who are you and what might you be doing this far out in the woods, these woods are large but I did not think a Takreetan village was near here?"

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 12:55:05 AM »
The Takreetans gaze passed briefly over each person as the man indicated each of them with their names, before returning the Feraju. ~I see. No, the nearest Takreetan villiage is a good hundred miles east. I choose to be alone, where my mind can flourish with ideas.~ He paused briefly, to gaze down to the Faasss with the tail spike removed, studying the black ichor which slowly oozed out. ~You may call me Th'karn. So there is no human villiage nearby?~

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 08:25:06 AM »
"It is good to meet yoy Th'karn, no none that I know of around here except for the slaves of that old corpulent basterd Nagotari Shimmeraru and that other snake Sssiessung.  It has been good talking with you Th'karn but I would rather not be caught out when these slavers friends come looking for them.  You are welcome to share a meal with us if you want?"  Feraju wondered how the Takreetans did eat since they had no mouthes..

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 09:00:50 AM »
Th'karn tilted its head to one side faintly at the prospect of food, and it replied simply enough ~The only food I require are the nutrients from the ground I walk on. Though it may do me good to catch up on news around these parts - too long have I been alone, without word of anything happening in the world.~ The creature took a couple steps forward, giving one last glance to the corpses of the creatures they had just fought.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
[Ferosh] Season of Chaos
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 10:07:23 PM »
"Well come let us go, my camp is not more than a couple of miles from here."  Feraju, Luna, and Simanu returned to their wolf forms and took off heading southwest.  Rannu smiled and turned to Th'karn, "Come on they move pretty fast," Rannu set off at a jog following Feraju.