llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Forest Of Salyhara  (Read 3379 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Avasalaime

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« on: May 14, 2004, 10:11:16 AM »
The Forest of Salyhara
original plotline by Jackson Mackenzie (Administrator, www.dsfilms.com)
Edited plotline by Avasalaime and RPers like you.

Background:
This was the first RP on the DS films board that I belong to.  I liked how it began, but as time progressed, the general attention to plot and detail died.  I'm attempting to share the plot with others and to get a better storyline out of it.  
The Forests of Salyhara are part of the Land, the name I have given to this world.  Salyhara is the home of the Wood Elves, and the Dryads.  Dryads are tree people, smaller than tree men with the ability to change aspects.  
You can be any race that you desire
Try not to God-mode
It would be really cool if there was a dwarf and a shade, but it isn't manditory, but the shade would have some down right sweet scenes.

Intro:
The forests are dark.  For days, the battle between the Elves and the Reslai has raged.  The Reslai are a foul creation of the Skull Lord.  They came to the forest of Salyhara in ships.  Since they landed, the forests on the side of the river have been in constant chaos.  The ground is littered with the bodies of the fallen.  Avasalaime hunted through the forest for spare arrows.  At his side, His trusted sword hung.
He heard a crackle in the woods and dissapeared, silently into the undergrowth with a swirl of his cloak of leaves.
ooc: now is a good time for someone to be walking by and get into a fight.  Reslai are weak, except in numbers.
check out www.dsfilms.com for some funny, but pathetic movies!

Offline Ranisha Mikacado

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 01:39:24 PM »
Ranisha was walking through the forest. As she walked she saw a number of dead bodies, but something was bothering her. Some of the dead weren't all but a couple days rotted, that would mean there's something that's still lurking around this area, if not more then one.

Ranisha stopped to take a look ahead of her. It wasn't much different from what she's been seeing. Something moved behind her.

"Hm?"

Ranisha laid a hand on her blade as she turned to the shadows, something was there. Not only could she see it, but she was certain it could see her.

Offline Avasalaime

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 07:14:58 PM »
ooc: sorry I've taken so long to reply, but I'm afraid I haven't had much time lately  for future reference, and I realise I didn't do this, could I please have at least a reference to the race and alligance of your character?
avasalaime, elf, elf side (duh) fighting reslai

IC: The figure in the shadows stepps out with his bow drawn.
"who goes there?"

Offline Avasalaime

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 08:05:32 PM »
ooc: FUN, this is new...
"No time for Introductions, Flee!"
Avasalaime swirlls his cloak and dodges into the undergrowth.  The leaves hide him from sight, but he knew not wether this would be enough to keep the demon from harming him.

From the undergrowth, he called to the creature

"What is your business here, be swift in your explanation!"

Avasalaime was more startled than he had ever been in his life, it wasn't often that such a large creature came lumbering through the forest.

"I mean you no harm, but if you are a servant of the Skull Lord, your death will be swift as the breeze across the fields!"

ooc: excuse my somewhat poor use of metaphors and spelling (but you should see my brother's)

Offline Avasalaime

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 08:31:16 PM »
"It looks as though you may get your wish! Look a band of reslai approaches from the boats!"

the band came stumbling through the undergrowth, looking through the bodies for weapons.

" What with all of us out here looking for supplies, and the rest drunk, it's a wonder the ship hasn't already been stolen!" said one
"Roight.  And that wouldn't be pretty."

Avasalaime ran to wherever Ranisha is hiding.  Just then, a noise is heard in the brush behind the band of Reslai

Bundleshot was angry.  He had been fighting with these bloody elves for days and he hadn't had a good drink in weeks.  The dwarf hurled a throwing axe into the head of one of the orcs.  He then draws his axe and falls upon the unfortunate creatures.  Curse the Skull lord and the shrine that these creatures poured from with each kill of their foes!

Offline Avasalaime

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 11:12:47 AM »
Bundleshot dives out of the way into the undergrowth to the left.  Then he backs away and lets the demon finish the reslai

Offline Ranisha Mikacado

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 05:13:31 PM »
(OCC: I have been quite busy as well, but I shall continue as often as I get the chance.)

Ranisha peered out from where she was hiding.

"Plenty of action out there.." Ranisha murmured.

She quietly walked out from her hiding place, coming up behind the demon.

"Bloodshed is all you want? Pathetic.."

Offline Avasalaime

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 07:45:40 AM »
Avasalaime whispered to the trees.  The roots and branches wrapped around the feet and arms of the daemon, eventually intwining him in several feet of solid wood.  That ought to hold him for now.  Avasalaime turned to the dwarf and the **whatever Ranisha is** and called out "come, It may be possible to flee from this blood thirsty beast, and I know not how long the trees will hold him."  Avasalaime turned and ran towards the river.  He crossed it to hide his scent from the demon.  As he crossed the river, he noticed a reslai ship not far away... a ship!  If his instincts were right, that was the ship full of drunk and sleeping reslai!  He turned to the dwarf.  " Good sir dwarf, we meet again."
The dwarf recognised him as a man from the village he had been in some time earlier.  "Yes, so we do"
"Tell me, how many would be needed to steal a ship of sleaping reslai?"

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 02:18:06 PM »
Name:  Sindrachh

Race:  Human

Class:  Warlock

-------------------------------------------------
Releasing his cloaking spell, Sin walks out directly in front of the small group and bows slightly.  He is wearing black leather from head to toe, which is covered by a black cloth hooded cloak.  His hood is down which allows you to see his pale skin color.  Both of his eyes are shadowed and deep dark circles from not sleeping are clearly visible beneath his eyes.  His face is thin and angular, and he sports a black in color, neatly trimmed beard and mustache.  "Greetings, good folk.  My name is Sindrachh and I have been wandering this horrific landscape for the better part of two weeks.  Tell me, is there no end to this terrible forest? (with a weary sigh and a shake of his head) Listen, I have been harried and attacked constantly and have barely slept in days.  Now be quick about it, and answer the following:  do you hunt with or against the SKull Lord?"  As the last is spoken, both of the warlock's hands begin to crackle with green electricity.  A mirthless smile spreads across his face as he awaits their answer.
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

"Beware the faceless...for he only deals in souls and riches."

Offline Avasalaime

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 06:45:57 AM »
Avasalaime starts when he sees the warlock.  To his question he replies"The dwarf and I fight against the skull lord, but we know nothing of her (indicates ranisha)  Seeing the rampaging demon, he turns and hides in the brush calling out a warning to the warlock

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 09:07:52 AM »
The warlock nods his head towards Ava and you can see the relief in his weary look.  Caught off guard by the sudden charge by the demon like creature, Sin releases his concentration of his electrical spell and pulls free his twin butterfly swords from their sheaths hanging from his belt.  Both blades begin to glow dark blue.  Sin twirls both blades with practiced skill as he faces off against the charging giant.  "I wish you no harm and only wish to hunt those in league with the Skull Lord!"  "But, if you continue your charge and attack me I will end your life!  Now cease this foolishness, and state your affiliation!"  After the last is said the warlock's eyes begin to glow the same erie green that was dancing on his fingertips moments before.
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

Offline Avasalaime

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 01:36:36 PM »
Avasalaime drew his bow.  "That's the thing that was giving us trouble earlier."  he called to the warlock.  "If it needs to come down to it, I will aid you in ending this murderous fiend."
ooc: The demon is becoming increacingly harder to work into the plot, but I will continue to try.  I am having trouble determining wether or not you WANT to die or just to fight as many things as you can.  Whatever.  This is a welcome challenge.  Actually, the shade from the original thread had a similar personality, except that she was discrete and didn't hunt characters.  And she fit in a bottle.  anyways, If it doesn't stop hunting us, It will find it'self in some extremely unstatisfactory position untill we can get far enough away to allow us some room to breathe.  just a suggestion, focus less on the killing and more of the role playing.  It's making it difficult for the rest of us to do anything interesting, besides run and shoot, or cast spells.  Thanks For listening to/putting up with my rant!  :D

IC: Bundleshot draws his axe in preparation for combat

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 03:44:25 PM »
After listening to the admission from the cursed demon Sindrachh has a sudden thought.  With a deft twist of his hands he re-sheaths both swords and states, "I cannot boast to be powerful enough to reverse your curse, but perhaps I can assist you with you irresistable urges to become a blood thirsty tyrant?!"

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 09:06:11 AM »
"The catch is unavoidable if you accept my offer.  You would still have control over your actions, but once the enchantment was cast, I could overwhelm those desires and keep you from giving into your desires."  After the last is stated, the warlock beings looking through a black leather tome he had produced from a large pouch within his cloak.  Satisfyed with some inner thoughts, he closes the tome and pulls forth a witch dagger.  "For this to work, I need you to pierce your own palm with my dagger.  Your blood is required as a spell component." Seeing the look of mistrust, the warlock calmly states, "I promise you that no harm will come to you as a result of my spell.  This enchantment will be to the betterment of our cause and ultimately aid our campaign.  Now, what say you?   Shall we cure you a bit, to better prepare you to destroy the one who cursed you!"  The warlock silently awaits the demon's response.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 12:55:39 PM »
The warlock easily flips the dagger over and hands it to the demon hilt first.  "You must cut your own palm for this to work.  It is a spell that requires your blood voluntarily."  After the last is stated, he awaits the demon to take the dagger.  Within the warlock slightly chuckles at the previous threat the demon had just made.  Afterall, after the demon willingly committed to the spell, he would never again be able to willfully harm Sindrachh.  This spell did have limitations thought.  If the warlock were to attempt to harm the demon, the spell would be undone and the demon's full blood lust unleashed.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2004, 09:38:54 AM »
Sin smiles as he accepts the witch dagger back from the demon Dredun.  Quickly, the warlock shuts his eyes and when they re-open they begin to glow again.  The warlock begins to chant in the spidery language of the arcane.  The dagger tip begins to glow red hot and the blood begins to burn on it's tip.  As Sin chants faster the the glow on the blade gets brighter.  Sweat begins to bead down the warlock's brow as the power he calls forth syphons from his own magic reserves.  After a few moments he points the blade tip towards the demon and a red beam shoots forth to engulf the demon.  At first, Dredun will feel tremendous pain, but it swiftly passes.  The demon's mind is assaulted by memories of his past.  Memories filled of who he use to be, before the curse was laid upon him.  He is then faced with the horrible deeds his bloodlust has enacted upon innocent people.  If demons had tear ducts, Dredun would be crying right now.  The effects of the spell are that painful to the soul.  After what seems like an eternity the effects of the spell begin to fade.  As they do, Dredun feels a peacefullness wash over his entire being.  The everpresent bloodlust begins to dissapate as his own human resolve turns the tide within his soul.  The spell now complete, Dredun should feel more in control of his own emotions.  The chance for a bloodlust incident have been lessened.  Should another episode take the demon, the warlock can intervene and passify him.  As Dredun returns to the wakefullness, he will see Sin smiling.  "How do you feel my friend?"  Looking around at the rest of the companions, Sin asks, "Now, what shall we do about this Skull Lord?"  After the last is stated, the warlock cleans his witch blade off and places it back within his cloak.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2004, 02:55:22 PM »
The warlock nods at the logic in the demon's plan.  "Perhaps you are correct, and mayhap the Skull Lord is smarter than we think. I don't think we'll find a direct route back to the Skull Lord himself, but perhaps a way to somewhere we can find even more answers!"  We can stop at each port the ship has put into during it's current mission and see where that leads us?"  As Sin ponders his thoughts internally, he gazes towards the ship making ready to dock.  "But you are correct, we will need to capture that ship if we are to put any sort of plan in the works.  What say the rest of you?"  The warlock silently awaits a response from the others.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Forest Of Salyhara
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2004, 01:29:11 PM »
OOC:  I guess we can wait to see if anyone else if even playing Dark Lord.  Nobody, but you and I have posted in 7 days.  Lets see if the host/moderator returns.

IC:  Clearly seeing the worry in the demon's eyes, the warlock shares his concern over the ship's occupants.  "Perhaps the two of us should make our way to the docks and see what we can discern.  I dabbled in some of the illusion arts before mastering more powerful magiks, perhaps we should scout invisible."  Before a response can be heard the warlock begins chanting while pulling a powdery substance from one of his pouches.  He throws the powder in the air over both himself and Dredun.  As the powder hits the forest floor both demon and warlock had disappeared.  If the rest of the group looks close enough, they can see the demon's footprints as he and the warlock move towards the docks.  (Sin and Dredun can see eachother and only foes with the see invis encantment can see them.)  "You lead my friend, your senses are better than mine.  I will keep my senses alert for any magical probes emanating from the ship.  We must know the strength of our enemy before striking out to capture their vessel!"  With the last being said, Sindrachh falls behind the demon and follows on his heels.