llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Online Games  (Read 3029 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Agar

• Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Awards
Online Games
« on: May 11, 2004, 02:07:57 PM »
We all have our timewasters, I thought we could share them with each other. And I found an especially good one.

Cantr II

You get a name, a gender, and a language. That's it. The game makes objects for you to interact with, but there are loads of characters played by other people for you to interact with. It's like a virtual civilisation simulation, and everyone is an individual. Most people are friendly, although one of my characters is being pursed and attacked with accusation of theivery, but I think that's because they don't know he's a dog. Sort of.

Anyhow, try it out, it's a great game, but it is SLOW paced. Taking three days to travel from one place to another is common. Almost like a real time RPG.
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline Agar

• Master
    • Awards
Online Games
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 09:55:01 PM »
If Korrigan or Dove Trevol come wandering in, Don Naugh says hi!

:D

Mac Gregors Suck!
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Online Games
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 03:49:52 PM »
Huh?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Agar

• Master
    • Awards
Online Games
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 12:41:55 AM »
If you join Cantr and end up anywhere around Krif, you will understand the Mac Gregors. There a bunch of despots and barbarians who rule through force of arms. Their greatest fear is people who Roleplay characters! To be a Mac Gregor, you need to have the roleplaying ability to say "Grog slash man talking with big words! Grog has forgoten about penile inferiority complex momentarily! Oops, now it's back..."

It's a great game, but has it's share of idiots too.

Offline Tariel

• Apprentice
    • http://kuoletarkohtalo2.tripod.com
    • Awards
Online Games
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 02:31:34 PM »
I only joined to say this, Agar please stop blaming Cantr for what the Mac Gregors did to you. Yes it was shocking, but people should know after the first few days to read the laws on the ground (though for you and Korrigan's screwup I did not have time for that) before doing anything. A clan must stand behind it's laws or it loses it's respect.
 Tim was young then, he has learned now there is nothing great about executing people. And though I later found out OOC that Lady Jessamin was the one to give the orders, I know she was a good person. Dove believes the ghosts did it... Maybe you got your revenge from the afterlife? Soon it may be that the clan will die out, but Cantr will lose a lot then.

Dove Mac Gregor (née Trevol)

P.S. I know what it feels like to lose a character, but the hate will fade away if you just let go of it.

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
Online Games
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 04:56:21 AM »
Ehm. What was that about?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline Tariel

• Apprentice
    • http://kuoletarkohtalo2.tripod.com
    • Awards
Trying to explain
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 09:00:41 AM »
That was about him coming to complain a thing in unappropriate environment because he felt disappointed at the game in question, and thus did not want to cry about the incident in that game's forum. At least not much.

http://www.cantr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2533

In a nutshell the thing goes, three bristling kids decide to conquer the world and since almost no one's watching, they hunt a bit. Then they continue on to the next location, but they do not know that's where the HQ of the clan controlling the area is situated. Our friend happens to walk a bit faster than us, and lo and behold, there are a couple of little animals right on target! He cannot resist taking a chance. Not doing much damage but the expression is what counts. So when we arrive, the first thing we see is some brutes beating up our dear friend and calling him a poacher. We are all like, How on earth did they know? No one could have walked that distance faster than us, and no one left before us. Because we did not know there had also been such lawbreach on the current location. Don couldn't take seeing his friend being assaulted and dragged into jail, so he started yelling insults to the capturers. Which is also against the laws of that area. We had passed one or a couple of signs with laws posted, but since we were young, we did not bother to read such things. Big mistake. My bigmouthed buddy was thrown into jail too and so was I, just in case. ((See only now I'm drifting into IC...)) They were seriously wounded and Don kept muttering we should kill him, Korrigan still wanted to cling to life heavily and was ready to do anything to be freed, but  :cry: there was no hope... I kept believing there was, we never stopped working, we talked, we planned escape. *sigh* Finally the judgement was declared. Lady Jessamin, wife of the local leader, offered me a place as a maid-in-waiting, but I was never to leave the hills again. My friends' wrongdoings were too blatant to allow them a chance of pardon, especially when Don was showing now signs of regret and showering the clan with insults. What else was I to do in that situation, but to accept the fate of a slave?
 Soon the executioner arrived, introducing himself as Tim Mac Gregor, holding a bow ready in case of a charge. But we were in no shape of going such thing. Korrigan tried to stand up but before he could straighten his back, the brute had aready sent an arrow through his stomach. He fell heavily to the foor, next to Don why was wavering on the edge of death, half-unconscious for starving and hurting himself for days. Master Tim took a step closer, draw back the bowstring again and let fly at close distance. I do not remember hearing anything. The executioner kicked the corpse over to check that it was tryly dead, and noticed the note it was glencing. He read it quickly and snorted with amusement. Korrigan was still silently begging if there was any chance for him to be prepared, but Tim just shook his head and made a remark about the note. As he walked out, Korrigan must have finally realized that was the end and he grabbed his hunting bow, weakly made an attempt to take the bastard with him to the afterlife, but he must have missed. I could not see since watching to the sunlit doorway was almost impossible after all those days in the darkness. The door slammed shut and we were engulfed in darkness again. All I could hear was the painful gasps and blood dripping on the cold stone floor.
"Dove, finish me off... Don't give that sick bastard the pleasure", I heard Korrigan whispering to me. I spoke to him about something, I don't remember what it was anymore, but I was all calm as I walked behind him and took my bow. A second later his pain had ended.
 I do not know how many hours I spent there after that. There were all kinds of garbage on the floor, old bones that hopefully were from animals. I felt I must arrange them or something terrible would happen. Then I cut my hair though all I had was a primitive dull knife, made out of bone, and with that I also broke the skin on my forearms, shedding my blood over it all. But I did not die. And finally, an angel came to me... and guided me into light. :') It took a while to understand that maybe it was destiny that caused my friends to die... and still sometimes it hurts. But somehow, it was meant to be.

Subnote: About using bows for everything, it's because the real unfortunately doesn't allow killing people quickly even if they are totally helpless. So though using a knife might look more stylish and accurate, everyone always uses the most effective weapon available.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: Online Games
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 09:26:20 PM »
Well, after dem folks over at Penny Arcade started talkin' 'bout it, I had to go find me some of dat der flOw.  It's a pretty awesome game, like snake on steroids, and it might make to try an eat other lifeforms for real, to evolve...

http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/flowing/

</thread CPR>
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Re: Online Games
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 04:10:51 AM »
For you brainiacs and strategy fans:

http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/

Danger: Addictive!

I added my scores to the group "Strolen"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:35:17 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati