llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Man these stink  (Read 13528 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline MudSlinger

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Man these stink
« on: December 06, 2002, 05:43:10 PM »
Inspired by a recent poll, Ive decided to go the other way with it

These are just the stinkers that came to mind....

feel free to add others

Conan the Destroyer

Dungeons and Dragons

Lord of The Rings (animated)

Reign of Fire

Excalibur

Red Sonja

and possibly the worst fantasy movie of all time......

(drum roll please)

the animated version of Hercules meets Xena!!(ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH)

I'm not making this up folks it's out there....view at your own risk!

Offline Agar

• Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2002, 10:46:27 PM »
Whoa man, lay off the Conan. although I can't remember how good or otherwise that one was. Red Sonja? Nha, Nha, Nha, Nha. Red-head :shock:  with a sword :lol:  she knows how to use :twisted: , sorry, I find that gives the film enough merit for me to like it.

To add some -

Merlin

Disney's Hercules

Disney's Mulan

Hercules starring Arnold Swatzenager (sp?)

Opinions will remain mixed. One man's meat is another man's posion, after all. Everyone has thier own opinion and needs to be respected, so no one loose a gasket, ok?  :lol:
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2002, 11:34:08 PM »
First Knight!!!

I heard the books are good but Mists of Avalon sucked as a Movie

Dragonheart. It had some moments but for the most part, what a waste of an opportunity to portray a dragon.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Agar

• Master
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2002, 11:37:36 PM »
Quote from: "Strolen"
I heard the books are good but Mists of Avalon sucked as a Movie

Take any book or work of fiction and adapt it to a Television Miniseries and and it's gonna screw da pooch.

There was rumors of a deal to adapt Anne McAffery's Pern to a T.V. show, but they wanted to Buffy it. Pern does not need to be like Buffy.
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2002, 12:14:57 AM »
<shudders> Heaven forbid.  They shouldn't have even made Buffy in the first place.

The Fog is one of those so-bad-its-good.
Scream and Scream Again (which was made in the sixties) - Had an all star cast - Christopher Lee, Vincent Price, Peter Lorre; and it sucked.  No story to speak of.
Charlie's Angels
Almost all Disney sequels - Aladdin and the King of Thieves was good.  But for the rest of them, they take a story that was good, but had a definite ending, and then try to continue it, and they can't.
Any and all Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon (I have a little brother, and I have been forced to watch this)
Battlefield Earth
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline MudSlinger

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2002, 08:28:47 AM »
The biggest let down in a movie?  Star Wars Episode I and Spiderman

Can anybody tell me Luca's reason for doing the FIRST THREE instead of the next three?  I mean we all know how it ends right?

Toby Mcguire?!?!? Who!?!?!? What?!?! ARGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!

<sigh>

oh well at least there is Jason X...i mean you know it's gonna suck but it's still fun.......

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2002, 10:24:34 AM »
I think he did the first three because if he didn't, rabid Stars Wars geeks would riot.  And besides, there's already a lot of books about what happens after.  Actually, I don't think he'll do episodes 6-9 at all.  I don't think he's having fun with it anymore.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Agar

• Master
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2002, 08:27:30 PM »
I only keep hoping that Anakin shows his Sith Darth Vader side on Jar-Jar. Just the first time he really cuts loose, goes balistic and really demonstrates the word "overkill" it's on Jar-Jar. Something like drop the Death Star on his head. Pop pop, squish squish, oh what a mess it is.

Lucas has had a bad time with star wars since he got kids. Don't get me wrong, kids are great, I have a couple of my own, but I don't let them comprimise my integrety.

Look at the first two movies (Episodes 4 and 5). Lukes gaurdians get char-broiled, there's a big squid in the garbage, The Millenium Falcon lands inside a worm, Theres a Rancor eating slave girls and getting it's head crushed by a gate, the scarlac (sp?) eats Boba Fett, Han gets frozen in carbonite, C-3po gets blasted to bits...

All in all, canrage and mayhem.

Then Lucas has kids.

The location of the second Death Star gets moved. It no longer orbits Kyshyk (sp?), Chewbacca's home world where his people are kept as slaves to the Imperials; Nope, now it's around Endor, and the natives there are all teddy bears. Most any death has a comical aspect. AT-ST gets it's head sandwiched between some logs, or trips on some trees, some Ewoks throw rocks on the bad guys heads, an imperial officer gets blasted and falls over backwards over a rail, Ewoks steal speeder bikes, Chewie walker-jacks an AT-ST. The only moments that are really poingant (sp?) are one of the Ewoks trying to wake up his dead friend, and Vader's indecision over whether or not to help Luke, and Vader's death. Oh, and Leia needs a bandaid for her arm.

The good guys can't be hurt, the bad guys get to die and usually in a funny manner, but the Star Wars universe has become a kinder, gentler, more marketable to drooling toddlers place to be.

You can see that the orginal vision for Star Wars would have been more true to it's first two movies if those Ewoks had been Wookies that rip arms off.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2002, 10:23:39 PM »
Hey, I like the friggen' Ewoks!  Although I agree, Jar Jar needs to die, preferably in a messy way.  Maybe even one of those comical deaths you don't like.  :twisted:  (no, I'm not being ugly.  It's late and I have finals coming up; that always shows my evil side.)

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2002, 02:41:59 AM »
Jar Jar has a reason to be there.

Why do you think the friendly young Skywalker will turn to Darth Vader.
But also hope for a messy death for him.  :twisted:
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Agar

• Master
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2002, 01:36:56 PM »
I think Anikin will turn into Darth Vader because I've read the books, and if Lucas changes that, riots will break out :shock: . Every character serves a purpose, Jar Jar's seems to be the easily swayed sucker :evil: . And I don't hate the Ewoks, I had one of the dolls growing up :roll: . But to keep the hard edge the first two Star Wars had, Wookies would have been more true to form than Ewoks. :twisted:

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2002, 02:20:54 AM »
Don't forget Robin Hood the TV series. Disgusting. Absolutely.
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Kitara

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2002, 11:13:08 PM »
From Dusk til Dawn!  If I have to watch that movie ONE more time I'm going to have to beat someone.

Bad Taste.  Another cult movie that's been watches 100 too many times in this house.

Having a 3 year old I'm pretty much sick of EVERY Disney movie.  I agree with the sequal thing as well.  Give it a rest!  I have to disagree, Aladdin's sequal(s) sucked as bad as the rest of them.  The Beauty and the Beast christmas one wasn't TOO bad.  It wasn't really a continuation of a story, but more like an expansion of a section of the story.

UGH.  Enough on the Disney movies.  What else?  Hmmmm.  Let me go look through my husband's movies and let you know which ones I hate.  Well, pretty much all of them really.

Ronin!  Ugh, that movie is way to confusing for a peabrain such as myself.  Good car scenes though.

Can't think of any more.  Brain is fried from finals as well.

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2003, 06:38:21 PM »
I hate the friggen Ewoks.  The Ewok moon sucked as a TV show too.

Adding to the list
 Signs

And the all time worst movie I every saw (my father has a talent for picking them):

The wicker man

d**n British can't make a descent movie.  You would have to see it to understand, but it is possibly the slowest, darkest, and dullest movie of all time.
If I am wrong, it is probably because you misunderstand me

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2003, 09:09:43 PM »
I hated battlefield earth it is the worst movie i have ever seen.
As for Star Wars i think it is the death of the princess which will drive anakin to the dark side
There are only two unlimited things:
The universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not so sure about the universe.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2003, 09:14:18 PM »
But she's still alive after he turns, isn't she?  'Cause he didn't know about Luke and Leia, and Leia said that she remembered her real mother.

Offline forgottengods

• Adept
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2003, 02:51:32 AM »
Quote from: "Kitara"
From Dusk til Dawn!  If I have to watch that movie ONE more time I'm going to have to beat someone.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! no that movie rocks as a b-movie fan i must say that all that movies like plan 9 and all that are great movies and i even saw from dusk till dawn 2 and 3 hehehe those are the bests

bad movies are :
d n d
and well d nd  hehehhe
the new gods of palladium have arrive  you can run and hide but soon you willl die.

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2003, 03:24:50 PM »
I think that the ewoks were an example of how something that looks cute and cuddly can be vicious and evil. Think of the Killer Rabbit.  :twisted:

As to this list:
Star Wars 1&2 - look, it's kiddie hour followed by a soap opera!
Kazam - enough said
most b,c,& d movies though some of them aren't bad

hmm. I need to rent a few more movies. Too little sleep, WAY too much to study. <sigh> I hate finals.
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2003, 03:30:21 PM »
One notable exception to the “B� movies group is “Sorority girls of the slime ball bowlerama�

Heck for that matter, I tend to enjoy most “Bâ€? movie since they are not trying to be anything else.  It is easy to walk into a Star Wars 1/Battlefield Earth/Jurassic Park and be let down by it.  It is hard to walk into Evil Dead/Army of Darkness and be anything but amused.

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2003, 03:33:38 PM »
Oh yeah,

ANY MUSICAL (no exceptions)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2003, 06:35:03 PM »
Both Rollerballs
Dragonball (Z or otherwise) and Pokemon
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline KingOfChaos

• Apprentice
    • http://www.realmsofevil.net/
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2003, 09:05:56 PM »
I thought Reign of Fire was pretty good actually.  It was a good example of an urban fantasy campaign for modern D20. :P
Shawn Muder
Realms of Evil Games Publishing
http://www.realmsofevil.net/

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2003, 09:31:33 PM »
Reign of Fire did not have dragons.

It had wyverns.
Wyverns without the stinging tails.
Wyverns with flaming breath
Wyverns with less active intelligence than any wyvern has had before.
Wyverns who were joyously ignoring simple laws of physics (ash has no bio-organic energy left to it; a living creature can't survive on ash)
Wyverns whose flaming breath was explained by stealing a too-short clip from a book on true dragons and leaving out the other hundreds of pages of information on the hows and whys of it.
Wyverns who RAN ON THEIR WINGS[/b] rather than moving bipedally.
Wyverns who were stupid enough to chase the monkeys who could make them be hurt by their own flame, even after an object lesson in that pain and suffering.

In short, had a true dragon turned up in that movie it would've eaten all the useless wyverns for lunch. Reign of Fire was a hideous excuse for a movie.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline KingOfChaos

• Apprentice
    • http://www.realmsofevil.net/
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2003, 09:35:51 PM »
Yep, if you go into a movie and plan on over analyzing its content, then yeah..you're not gonna like it :P

Personally, I go to see movies because I want to have a good time, not because I plan on writing a review for them ;)
Shawn Muder
Realms of Evil Games Publishing
http://www.realmsofevil.net/

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2003, 09:58:19 PM »
...That wasn't analyzing it. That was what occured as I was just sitting there, trying to watch the movie.

...It might have something to do with the fact that I'm quite used to defending dragonkind against other people, so this sorry lot of wyverns just rubbed me the wrong way, but it emains that I hated the movie b the time they were done with the first 'dragon' and I left with an urge to never pass near it again.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."