llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Man these stink  (Read 12675 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2005, 01:49:41 PM »
I still despise Buff the Vampire Slayer.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2005, 10:50:54 PM »
''Buffy the Vampire Slayer brims with all the kind of the black-and-white vision of the world that teenagers are full of''

Captain,you are dead wrong on that count. Not every villain or demonic fiend that appeared on Buffy,was a one dimensional ''I'm so evil ''  character to be killed off like a rat. It's worth noting that some of the Slayer's allies were people with dark,sinister pasts. You have to watch beyond the first season to realize this.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2005, 09:08:35 PM »
I still despise Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Man these stink
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2005, 10:30:48 PM »
Will I never get you to see the light?! Heathen!
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Kinslayer

• The Glorious One
  • Master
  • Doom
    • http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
    • Awards
Re: Man these stink
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2006, 07:46:27 PM »
Keep the faith, CaptainPenguin. 

Buffy sucks.
Midian Dark Fantasy Roleplaying Game
The Official Game of the Internet
http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
http://Lost-Souls.hk.st

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2006, 12:16:30 AM »
So Captain doest like Buffy? Big deal, the only reason I pay attention to BtVS is that I plan on adding Allyson Hannigan to my harem of red headed sex slaves, make room Gillian Anderson, Gerri Halliwell, and Milla Jovovich.

I didnt find the show to be very deep, but in our modern age of skepticism and lack of mythology, anything popular is going to draw a certain amount of attention. Harry Potter has an almost religious following, and opposition.

It was just a TV show, and if people want to define their lives by a TV series that was a spin-off of a movie that had Pee-Wee Herman in it, well then thats their problem.

Allyson Hannigan, if you read this, will you have my children???

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2006, 05:17:18 PM »
Yeah, Allyson Hannigan registers a "double d**n" on my hot-o-meter...

...Ahem.. Now that I sound really skeevy...

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2006, 07:45:16 PM »
Hate to dig up star wars again but I finally saw Ep III.

<sigh>

Is it me or do all the characters seem like cardboard cutouts. Looks like a B movie except for the special effects...which still aren't as good as LOTR. Some of the ships flying and manuevering just looks like pure cheese.

The turning of Anikan is so forced it makes me try and hide in the couch as I watch the forced lines with no real emotional backing. You know he is going to turn to the dark side and it seems Lucas just takes this for granted and expects us to buy how easy it was to do. Crap, pure crap. I try to let it go but it is just so unbelievable I get frustrated watching it. Might be more convincing if I could stand the acting of whoever that is playing Anikan. And Samuel Jackson sucks as a Jedi. It must be that Lucas wants them to be cardboard actors as it seems everybody is doing it.

Ep I. I enjoy watching the race with my son, sound system is great.
Ep II. Is it bad that I can't think of one memorable scened to mention?
Ep III. Literally painful for me to watch. I have actually not even seen it straight through from beginning to end because it is so annoying to me.

Very unfulfilling transformation to the dark side. "Oh, I can save my love and a few of the jedi are 'in a conspiracy'? OK, I will go mutilate a dozen kids or so."

Please tell me what I am missing!

edit - I like the general being all bio/robot stuff. But why the hell is he wheezing/hacking? You mean with all that hardware they can't replace a frickin lung?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 07:50:52 PM by Strolen »

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2006, 08:12:55 PM »
Well Strolen that one scene... err...  ahh they got married in Ep 2. 

Just so you don't feel to bad it took me about 5 minutes to think of that, and I gave up and went to wikipedia looking for a scene.  I typed in 'star wars episode 2' for this and then came up with the marriage off the top of my head before the search finished loading.  Just to show you how unmemorable Ep 2 was, it was 11th on the list of search results, and only appears once on the first page.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2006, 10:43:35 PM »
Well, there was one scene in Ep. 2 that I really dug and that was when Yoda and the clone troopers deployed on Geonosis in the republic gunships. The mix of the seperatists overlooking the holographic battlemap while yoda, take me to the front line you will...

But I am a sucker for war movies, and for that short period, the Force, and the Jedi and the whole story took a back seat to a major land battle between clones and droids.

Ep 3 had a similar scene...the first few minutes of the movie as the two fleets clashed over Coruscant.

But Star Wars...either you love it, or you hate it.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2006, 11:01:24 PM »
I love half of it..