llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gone for a Bit  (Read 10945 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2004, 12:44:05 PM »
YAAAAAY!
It's a Devival!
*busts out his SubGenius books*
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Magus

• Knight
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2004, 07:14:13 PM »
YAAAAAY!
It's a Devival!
*doesnt bust out a subgenious book*
the road keeps on telling me to go on

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2004, 07:37:32 PM »
YAAAAAAAAY!
It's a contract killing!
*busts out a knife and tears Magus a new one*
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2004, 09:37:03 AM »
To come back to the topic of this thread (oh, how boring) before it gently slides into the Cavern...

I am gone for a bit.

I have had little time recently, and have less time now. I shall be back next year (it is not so far as it seems ;) ), but wish you all Merry Christmas and generally good time until then!

*sigh* I wished there was something to remind me of the Citadel when I'm gone. Hey, what a neat Christmas-tree-shaped pendant. I think that will do...
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2005, 01:05:34 AM »
Saturday night fever!

Real life has cast its ugly stare at me and I am compelled to visit the Citadel at saturdays only, excepting one extra weekly visit for the Gothic Space Horror game.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2005, 02:04:03 AM »
Real Life Rocks.

I don't care what anybody says! ;)

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2005, 02:40:51 AM »
It sure does. I wish I had the ability to instantly transfer thought to text on the forum. Would have made my life so much easier ;)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2005, 02:43:21 AM »
That will be in V3.0.

Level 3

Offline Magus

• Knight
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2005, 10:58:25 PM »
i cant wait until that gets released
the road keeps on telling me to go on

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Relocation Blues
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2005, 03:40:25 PM »
First off, some good news. I am moving back into civilization.

But this means that I will be offline for a few weeks. I've got alot of moving to do, and most of it likely by myself (and wife)

The sour cherry on top of the BS sunday is that my landlady is rather upset about the entire ordeal and is being nasty about the whole affair.

I will be checking in from time to time, but will not be adding any submissions of length. Unfortunately this means I will not be in the begining of the Forboding Forest, and my games will be on pause until my return.

Pax

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2005, 05:09:33 PM »
I hate having to say it especially when I am actually on a good run of coding but....

I was expecting my promotion test to be sometime in March. Unfortunately I just got the rip down and I test on Feb 16. I am testing for E-7 and it is a big step from worker to management and comes with a lot of perks and a good raise.

Because of this I must, like those before me, sacrifice some time to RL and give this test a serious try. The test is on 7 volumes so I got my work cut out for me and need the time.

I will not resist the pull fully and will continue to check in frequently, but it will mostly for a quick look and an occassional post. V2.0 will suffer, however, for a few weeks unfortunately....d**nit.

On top of all that I am suppose to be leaving in March, but I am trying to get into a computer programming job and I haven't got final word on that yet so it is putting me way behind. As of right now I am going to Little Rock, but hopefully that will change when/if I get the programming job. I should find out by the end of the month. Getting busy again but with no college to take I still find myself with lots of time so after the test I should be back full force.

Geesh, that was long enough. chatter chatter chatter.

Level 3

Offline Kinslayer

• The Glorious One
  • Master
  • Doom
    • http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2005, 01:17:32 PM »
Getting that extra rocker is a big step. Good luck.
Midian Dark Fantasy Roleplaying Game
The Official Game of the Internet
http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
http://Lost-Souls.hk.st

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2005, 12:48:57 AM »
Thanks Kinslayer!

Got screwed out of the programming job by typical AF bureaucracy, lack of effort and "it is not me so I don't care" attitude. <I am a little jaded by the process if you didn't notice.>

So I will be headed off to Little Rock, Arkansas around the middle of March. Not upset about the location so much, Little Rock will probably be fine, just pissed that I didn't get my job. Now I am stuck working on airplanes again.

Will soon be in Scras' position, but probably not at odds with my landlord, after all, we can't even communicate successfully. ;) Would have been within horse riding distance of Scras if he didn't move.

We will be going to the Bay area this summer to visit family so I may try and pop in and see who this Moonhunter character is.

Looking forward to being back to the states after 8 years. Going to be different, that is for sure. --back to studying--

Level 3

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2005, 12:28:27 AM »
Test: C/W

Didn't do that shabby but it is my first time so I have to score really well to make my next rank. You get quite a few points for being in a long time and at 12 years I am a little low on those points. Will find out in a few months how it went.

Tomorrow the movers come and take away a bulk of my stuff, including two of my three precious monitors for my development box. The computer will also turn into the entertainment center for the next month but V2.0 will finally start up again, yahoo.

Hey, I might even try and contribute some stuff. ;)

Level 3

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2005, 09:21:03 AM »
Gonna go for a month or two. I'll stop by to participate in Terenis and add a scenario or two to my setting (after all thats what I really love! Plot building!)

Spring has come to Norway and I gotta enjoy the light while it is here you see. Ohh, I'll do some sorting of the big list too, so thats 3 threads that will have my attention.

Take care all you nice folks.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline manfred

• Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2005, 10:13:31 AM »
I have been very sparse in the last few months, and have to withdraw completely for a few weeks. Finishing the school shouldn't be easy, right?

I have to write some stuff for my thesis, then learn a bit from everything I should have learned until now, and tell a few people how useless it all is. Then I'll recieve a diploma, or maybe not. ;)

Then I shall return amongst you, and get back to many other things I have left behind.

Until then... farewell!

Offline Nosredna

• Knight
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2005, 12:03:34 PM »
Finals coming up soon. Going to do some major cramming between now and then so. Until then!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Gone for a Bit
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2005, 08:00:17 AM »
Lots of things to do in my RL. I'm around for some forum gameplay, but that's about it.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline manfred

• Emperor
    • Awards
Re: Gone for a Bit
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2006, 07:58:11 AM »
I BUMP this thread, because I'll be gone for a few days myself. Painful days! :|

I'll be back then, though.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2006, 12:44:25 PM »
Good luck!

Laser attack!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2006, 01:16:37 PM »
keep in mind to fully explore your olfactory senses, while your vision recuperates. Bon Chance!
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline manfred

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2006, 10:32:42 AM »
And I'm back!

My vision is still a bit funky, but I can already move around without glasses. Strange feeling to see so many people on the streets. ;)

Will post a more detailed account of my bionic upgrade, have just to catch up with all the new stuff.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2006, 01:54:16 PM »
The world's population is up to 6.5 billion now. Of course the streets are crowded ;)
Welcome back. This place felt empty without you.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2006, 11:19:43 AM »
Okay. Just purchased an appartment. Moving in on the first of October and after that I am gonna spend some months painting, fixing stuff, playing carpenter and so on. I can already feel fear building up momentum, for I know that my SO has planned long, long visits to IKEA (Scandinavian Furniture) and stuff. Hell is waiting.

I will still be around, and hopefully I will get time to pursue my newest hobby: Co-authoring stuff with other Strolenites. I have this most excellent plot bounce thing going on with Murometz, and Scrasamax's "Where the road may take you" is sure gonna see some AG contribution. I am also reading through Cappo's newest project, which will receive feedback now and then.

Cheers!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline manfred

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2006, 11:05:14 AM »
Ocular upgrade 1: Remove Shortsightedness

Skill Points: 1
Cost: ~ $800 in Slovakia (including medical costs, etc)
Recovery: ~weeks
Cannot stack with: immunity to lasers
Possible side effects may include fuzzy sight, photophobia, and prophetic visions.

Surgery
The operation, while very uncomfortable, takes only a few minutes. The patient can immediately see better and feels okay. Good sunglasses and someone to drive home are strongly recommended, however.

Recovery period
A few hours after the operation, sight worsens, expect strong tearing and varying feelings of discomfort in the area of eyes, possible swellings, changing of colour, etc. (Interesting trivia: Did you know the tear ducts lead also into the nose? So you can expect to have a full nose, too.)

This wet period can last several days. After that, the situation slowly improves, the sensitivity to light stays for some time yet, prepare to live like a vampire for up to a week (screaming and covering when exposed to sunlight, most patients do not burn to death, however).

After a week or so, the patient may be able to function normally in life, go to work, etc. Some measure of stability is expected in 2-3 weeks after operation, complete stability takes months. There can be expected a bit fuzzy vision, slower focusing, etc. These will eventually improve.

The recovery depends on individual factors, the impact of the operation (how big was the intended improvement) and of course, whether only one eye was operated or both.