llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shadowed Galaxies-The Blade  (Read 2154 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Shadowed Galaxies-The Blade
« on: April 20, 2004, 05:04:22 PM »
The Blade: The Blade is a mysterious and little-understood society of warriors who appear seemingly at random. They have no known homeworlds, but their ships and grasp of both arcana and technology is remarkable. The Blade has existed for thousands of years; yet few outsiders know their secrets. It is known that they were once part of the Order of the Pantheon, like the Inquisitum and what now makes up the Warrior Orders, but their precise history is unknown. Blade do not attack anyone but the Shadow, the roving bands of pirates known as the Star Raptors, demonic beings from the Veile Nebula's core, or their archenemies, the Inquisitum. The sign of the Blade is a drawn sword in gray.
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Mana Technology
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 06:07:11 PM »
Mana weaponry: Mana weaponry is based upon specialized use of veile energy. Channeling the innate arcane power of the user, mana weaponry is of very high quality. Generally only used by the Blade, it has a surprising blast radius and can be adapted to channel specific wavelengths of veile energy.

Mana technology: In much the same way that mana weaponry works, veile energy is used by the Blade as a super-efficient power source and source of mechanical work. The Inquisitum utilizes a version of this using warlock arcana instead of generic veile energies.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Seperate Brotherhoods...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 05:17:57 PM »
I made different military groups to add some depth, I'm gonna add some more social aspects after this.

Oath of Hunting: An oath seemingly part of the passage to adulthood of the Blade. Exact nature of this oath is unknown.

The Jannisaries: A Blade elite brotherhood within their society. The Jannisaries have taken a corollary to their Oath of Hunting, swearing never to retreat before the Inquisitum and to die before they see a single man or woman sacrificed to the Exiled Ones. Despite this rather bellicose oath, they are known as a charitable and compassionate group towards non-Inquisitum or Shadow peoples.

The Redeemers: Another brotherhood of the Blade, this chapter is rather unusual in its treatment towards Inquisitum. Whenever possible, they capture members and attempt to get them to renounce their ways. Although their success rate is only about 50%, this is still remarkable. Converted Inquisitum join the Redeemers in an attempt to make up for their wrongdoing. They are also known as fervent exorcisers of Outsiders in any shape or form.