llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shadowed Galaxies-Independants  (Read 1944 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Shadowed Galaxies-Independants
« on: April 19, 2004, 05:09:58 PM »
Independent: These individuals follow no specific faction, or at least none of the ones listed here. Examples include members of various Pirate bands, free traders, adventurers, and other oddball groups. Being unattached to any faction is a risky proposition. They have no especial training based on military programs, and their resources are only what they personally can provide-meaning that while their weapons, armor, and assets are much more conceptually varied, in truth they are far more limited due to simple lack of resources. Purchasing a military-grade weapon, for example, is quite difficult if one wants to get anything better then a basic slug rifle such as any civilian might own, or at best a laser rifle used by mercenaries-if you get anything better then be prepared to pay a pretty penny for it. Finally, if you are an Independent, count out having any sort of military support-support you will badly need.
In short, Independent characters may only choose from Generic classes. They will not be members of the Alliance/Palsan task force except possibly as mercenaries and will have no standing with them-they are civilians.

Typical Ranged Weapons Available to Independent Characters:
Common Access:
Slug (hunting, assault rifles, shotguns, etc&...reliable power and common ammunition, legal to carry)
Laser (Laser weapons have acceptable power and are legal to carry. They have excellent range.)

Limited Access:

Pulse (Common Alliance system. Average power and excellent range, fires in bursts. No ammunition. Illegal to be carried by a civilian.)
Imperator (Charged-bullet system of the Palsan Defense Forces. Good power, good rate of fire. Illegal to be carried by civilians.)
Shredder Crystal-Particle (Inquisitum weapons style. Ownership is illegal of civilians and questionable for soldiers-special permits must be carried so as to ensure the owner is not a member of the Inquisitum his or herself. The SCP uses blocks of crystals as its ammunition, pulverizing them with pressure, sound, or arcana waves. It then sprays the tiny bits out in a tight line, shredding things like sandpaper. Very bloody and painful, but very effective as well. Rifles are Screamers, SMGs Fleshtearers, and pistols Agonizers.)
Fireweb (Arackin weapons system, fires bolts of argent plasma. Very effective against vehicles. Illegal.)
Shadow-Gun (See the Shadow faction description. Only rogue Shadow or Necridians can use these weapons effectively without some other source of Shadow energy. Illegal.)
FNG (Various Star Raptor customized weapons. FNG stands for F-cking Nasty Gun. They tend to be huge, unreliable, but devastating, but those are the only common factors. Illegal to own.)
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Shadowed Galaxies-Independants
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 08:04:03 PM »
Most independants don't partake in any faction, but there are bands of them throughout the universe. They range in many different sizes and have many different purposes. Most are mere raiders and pirates of the day. But some merely wish to live secluded isolated lives.

Independant groups range anywhere from 15 people to 1500 people, though large groups are rare, they do exist. Most groups that don't make their living in piracy and other such activities, usually cling to one world they can easily inhabit, though they choose ones that are well away from the core, and well away from any of the factions.

Other Independants Offer their services to one of the non-shadow factions, but don't have loyalties to any. In some cases, Independants paid more by another faction turn on men they've travelled with for months. Though these Independants are rare...usually, a faction won't higher these kind of mercenarys unless they are in groups.

I'll elaborate on specific groups in another post.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Lichs?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 05:37:32 PM »
Lich: Terrifying undead wizards, vary in appearance greatly. However, all are master wizards and a true threat to life. Liches alignments and outlooks vary greatly and their creation methods were well known long before the Shadow came.

Lichs serve their masters loyaly, but have a mind of their own, only the most powerful creators can effectively control Lichs for a long amount of time. Many lichs have broken away from their shadow masters. It is even rumored that they are uniting and creating a faction of their own...