llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Happy Birthday to Me!  (Read 1287 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Happy Birthday to Me!
« on: March 17, 2004, 01:40:11 AM »
I just realized, I have been on this site for one year now.  It does not seem like one year has slid by, but I guess it has.  

Wow. I am looking what I accomplished here in that year...

I went from guest to administrator in short order.

One whole game world posted up.  One in process. A half dozen world ideas that I have played with in the settings forge.

Five Hundred (reformed).  The actual number is around the 1200 mark, but they are in forums that don't count any more.  In fact, I have a 100 some odd posts in the Interesting Gaming Websites alone. (I am really proud of that thread).    

So I average 1.2 posts per days in idea related forums.  I am pretty wordy, so the three thousands in my average post size seems about right.

Twentyeight articles.  Serious nuggets of gaming goodness there. I even have a few hundred random game tips hidden on the site..  

I have 22+ posts for items, setting, characters, and plots.  So I am almost at 2 per month.  

My comments on items... well they have been okay, though numerically they are small.

My idea entries is quite small, mostly because I post all of them in the forum.  

So thank you Strolen for giving me a place to play.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Agar

• Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Awards
Happy Birthday to Me!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 01:59:48 AM »
Well, to add to your party, I present: Me!

See, St Patrick's day is my real birthday, so I have some cause for celebration as well! 28 years old now, 2 kids, one on the way, 5 exfiannces, one and only one wife for now and always, and many great friends.

I've been here almost a year and a half now, and enjoy everything we've accomplished. As for things under my belt...

Only one game world starting up. I'm working on it when I have time, but that is scarce.

A mere 140 posts. I don't seem to say much, but I only try to post when I have something relevant and meaningful. I should try to do more of that.

Average post size 273. Moonhunter has some excellent articles for his post size, whereas I don't know anything well enough to believe it should be made into an article just yet.

50 submissions. And I have yet more planned. I'm the Monty haul sort of GM, you see, so things and items and such are my forte. Plots and characters are a bit of a weak point though.

231 comments. I like helping guide ideas and providing input. It's my favorite thing to do here.

Thank you as well Strolen. This place Rocks!
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Happy Birthday to Me!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 08:13:11 AM »
Happy birthday!
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Happy Birthday to Me!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 04:59:14 PM »
*Applauds*

Excellent :) Congratulations on surviving the Citadel for a year. Now I'll see if I can follow suit.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Happy Birthday to Me!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 01:31:04 AM »
Now, what disturbs me is that today is my birthday. My real one. Unnerving to see this post title here. ;) Too many St Patrick's Day kids around anyhow!
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Happy Birthday to Me!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 01:47:58 AM »
Hehe, How peculiar.

Well, happy birthday, whoever has a birthday! :P
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Happy Birthday to Me!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 06:44:35 AM »
What is this magic of the Citadel?

...back in 2001, I have surfed much of the roleplaying world, and I thought I have seen it all. Downloaded this and that, I searched for something different. I have already given a few ideas on varied topics, but the fever waited for its effects yet.

Then I came upon that little page. And somehow, it did not fit anywhere. It was not one of those big, all-purpose pages that claim to have everything I need. Sure, it was an amateur page. But I have seen hundreds of them already (Hi, I am Xxx, here come a few cool spells, and items, and our special rules and ...).

The Citadel was different. It offered a few ideas that were nice, not great, just nice. It said that anyone can join. And I thought to myself, "Hey, I could post here something too!" I did not have any cool ideas, just little things I had no use for. So, I have posted them here. I exchanged a few e-mails with Strolen, and now and then someone posted another Item, Plot or Character. And I commented on some of them, and comments showed up on my submissions. And time passed, the Citadel grew, and new members arrived. Forums came into being, and they slowly transformed the whole site.

The rest is really history.

As for me (again), I am more a regular than intense poster, but the numbers have already grown and don't seem to shrink. And 2048 character average length (2 kBytes) at the moment. Wow, it seems I have got quite verbose over the time.

Despite of lack of time, I promise to do more comments, create the occassional item or other submission, and generally lurk on the forum to wait on new juicy ideas, that pop up here with some regularity. And I will continue to push and deliver any ideas I get now and then. Promise!

(Happy Birthday, by the way, at any time of any day.)
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.