llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Flattered or Pissed Off?!  (Read 5671 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Flattered or Pissed Off?!
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 03:47:47 PM »
For the most part, I am a laid back kind of guy. As a writer and a gamer, there are few things that that get under my skin more than flagrant plaigerism. (sp) Seeing as a website is actually the visual representation of quite a bit of complex writing, this is doubly a sore spot.

Normally I would offer some sort of maliciously whimsical curse to elicit a quick laugh and a smile, but for some reason I cant think of anything witty...

So, lacking that I level against them this curse...

[malice]
Death shall seak you
In every place
Even in every loved one's face

Hearken to my words of woe
Angry hornets and writhing things
Come from the dark on silent wings
Killing over and over with their poisoned stings

[/malice]

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 07:34:52 PM »
Why not put the perp's e-mail address (if you ever find it) in open view, where the Spamlinns and their spambots will stuff his computer with foul spam for all eternity?

If I was a hacker (which I am NOT) I would want to DOS his site.He has no right to wear your site's *patch* without permission.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2005, 08:13:40 PM »
Wow- that's some serious-ass web-design lingo you're busting out there, Cheka. Been studying? :)
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2005, 02:59:41 AM »
They must be giving out free manuals on how to be a hacker .
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2005, 06:10:39 AM »
The sad fact is that you just stated the blunt truth Maggot. On the net there are sites offering step by step instructions on how to hack a site or in other ways cause harm.

Most often these sites cater to 11-14 year old boys and everyone write 1337. Painful and pathetic!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Rob Lang

• Apprentice
    • http://www.icar.co.uk
    • Awards
Twunt
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2005, 08:20:49 AM »
Speaking from someone who is firmly lodged in the graphics community, this kind of ripping is by far the worst sin anyone can perform. The saying goes that imitation is the kindest form of flattery but not in the digital world where it is possible to make a complete copy of something.

Given the huge number of free graphics utilities and tutorials, it is not difficult to put together a website of reasonable standard. Borrowing ideas from other sites is flattery in this case but ripping the entire site is a banishable offense. All it really takes is effort to put something together and that really bites for me. People put a lot of effort into creating original designs: only to be ripped off by some ingrate who just can't be bothered.

Unfortunately, digital retribution rarely works as it is so easy to disappear from the web and reappear as a new person. Fortunately, the law has caught up with the web and people understand it when real money is at stake.

I hope you get him. String him up.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2005, 08:52:59 AM »
Some kind of cyber watch dog should be set up to close down these irreponsible sites,AG.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2005, 11:59:46 AM »
Kate, the artist and designer of these webpages, has successfully shut down others that have done the same thing as this one. I am pretty sure she knew about this one so not sure why it is still up.

Will see what's up.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
Re: Flattered or Pissed Off?!
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2006, 09:58:18 PM »
Sooooo....what ever happened Strolen? This topic has lain fallow for many a month, nay, over a year!
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Flattered or Pissed Off?!
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2006, 04:39:52 PM »
The perps were caught and were going to court when a lynch mob gathered with torches, pitchforks, and reuben sandwiches who then laid waste to all that were associated with the crime. The state was happy since they saved money on court costs.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.