llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Magical Equipment  (Read 2220 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Magical Equipment
« on: March 02, 2004, 05:55:42 PM »
Your post about ley lines was made me spawn this.  But what if not just humans could apply magic from ley lines.  Maybe mages could construct engines or converters that could be started/turned on by a mage but operated by anyone.  

These are all suggestions you could axe this if you want.  

Ley Line Caravan-  Similiar to trains of early 1800's but instead of being propelled by a steam engine and running on tracks.  They would have a magic converter in each compartment that would allow them to hover above the ground about a yard and move along the network of ley lines.  

Ley Line Ships- Similiar to ley line carvans but immense and bulky to protect against oceans swells or bad weather.  Could carry much more carge than any normal sea ship.  There could also be a military version.  

"Stick"- A small wooden ranged weapon powered by energy from a mage.  Fire a small bolt of magic energy similiar to lighting bolt.  There could be large version mounted on wagons or ships.  IE:  A Pistol and Rifle size, a tank cannon size then maybe a battle ship gun size.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Magical Equipment
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 06:09:30 PM »
While these are applicable ideas, I don't think I would use them.  (Of course, you are free to if you want.)  Magic is a chaotic, unstable force, and I seriously doubt that there would be widespread magical machinery.  I should think that they'd overload, or simply cease to function, especially near the ley lines.  However, I could see maybe some of the magically attuned races might be able to handle it, and you can never have too many ruins and remnants of a past civilization.  Some of them might even still function haphazardly.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko