llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Strolens Citadel] Plight of the Scribes  (Read 28173 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
[Strolens Citadel] Plight of the Scribes
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2004, 08:48:51 PM »
Captain Penguin thought that he heard the familiar voice of Strolen, Lord of the Citadel.
"HEY! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!" he bellowed, wriggling to try and free himself, though he managed only to wedge himself in further. His stubby, flipperish fingers, though situated fairly close to his scrolls, were just a little bit too far off. His only hope was Strolen and Piecewise, he decided.
"STROLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! PIEEEEEEEEEEEEECE! OVER HERE!" roared the pirate.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2004, 10:18:23 PM »
Ria ducked a small flying object.  "Lemme see your foot, Luke."  She peered at the wound nearsightedly.  Then she said her healing spell.  It didn't do much, but the bleeding stopped, and hopefully it would eliminate any infections before they set in.  It would probably still hurt for a while, though.
She twisted around as she heard a torrent of profanity from near the wall.  "That's Cap."  She listened again.  "I think he's stuck somewhere, but I think Strolen can handle that.  I really want to get over to the Character building."  She did not add that she was very concerned that someone might have already gotten there.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2004, 11:08:56 PM »
Strolen thought a moment while listening to the shrill cry of a faraway cricket and the sound of approaching footsteps when it dawned on him, I forgot to put out the dog and Wait, that doesn't sound like a cricket....crickets don't go "HEEEEEEEEY" it must be a grasshopper...or a Pirate.

Strolen seemed to comprehend that Captain Penguin was in some sort of distress, if he went all the way over there and realized that he just needed a refill on grog there would be a cost to pay.

So, for lack of a better idea at the moment Strolen carefully summoned the one thing that he believed could detain the approaching creatures so he chanted the words. "The Box That Cannot Be Opened" A muffled thump met the last word as a small box appeared near his claws.

The squirrel screamed in an overly dramatic voice towards the approaching creatures, "Oh, no. My treasure. I can't carry it, but I can't leave it. Oh, no. They are too close, run Piece. RUN!!!"

That may keep them busy, or not, but in the meantime Strolen rushed to the pleading voice which seemed to be coming from below ground. I didn't know Penguins burrowed....how odd.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2004, 11:55:47 PM »
Shadoweagle stared calmly at the sight of the blood flowing from Lukes foot, then gave a faint smile as Ria cast a minor healing spell upon it. Of course, Shadoweagle's 'healing' spells would probably do more damage than good, so he chose not to attempt to help. He did shift his gaze back to the sight of Moonhunter loping after them, however, and he raised his hand briefly in greeting, "About time you showed up." A faint chuckle after these words showed their light-hearted nature, however, and he turned, now walking towards the character sanctuary with the others at a steady pace - though slow enough to accomodate Luke's injured foot. Whilst he walked, of course, he did stanch a chuckle at the wailing sound of CaptainPenguin in distress.

----------------------

As Strolen dropped that dark, crimson box in the direction of the small group of foes, the majority of them instantly changed their course to snatch it up and attempt to open it. Of course, in their greed, some attacked one another in attempts to get to the box first, and just as one human would grab ahold of the box, a gnome would crush his skull and grasp it, trying to pry it open. And thus this continued, barring one creature who seemed singular in its task - A large, malformed golem, made entirely of a rough stone, continued its slow lumber towards Strolen, one arm raised menacingly. Fortunately, it isnt the fastest of creatures, so time is on the Citadel leaders hands to do what he may to help the trapped penguin.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2004, 02:01:32 AM »
Following the sounds of the Cap'n, Strolen was grabbed on the ankle by Piece. "Whats wrong Piece?" Strolen exclaimed, "Is Billy in trouble? Is Sally trapped in a mine?"

Piece shook and pointed to an old piece of a grog barrel and a partiall destroyed sign that read: "DANGER. DRAIN. DO NOT ENTER"

"Ahhhhhhh," Strolen nodded in understanding but Piece wouldn't let go until Strolen noticed a large golem slowly lumbering towards them. "Ahhhhhhhhh. We got time though. First thing first."

[OOC]Not sure if you are head first or feet first and which end I am at[/OOC]

Strolen and Piece quickly found the Cap'n and Strolen couldn't resist but to give the Cap'n a little poke in his body with his antlers to let him know they were there.

"Haalllooooo Cap'n. Got get you out of there. If they start pouring water on the barbecue like last time they are going to need this drain. Didn't you see the safety memo on confined spaces?"

Level 3

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2004, 08:16:53 AM »
OOC: Feet up

"Hey, squirrel, I don't need that right now!" Captain Penguin replied irritatedly, wiggling his feet in Strolen's direction. "Jez' get me outta' this hole!"

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2004, 08:37:02 AM »
Luke limped along with the rest of the group that was forming toward the character building.  It was a large libriary like structure with great stone walls and huge glass windows to let light in.  A few them were broken on account of the goblins, "Hey, don't worry about me people just hurry ahead, I'll catch up we need those characters!"

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2004, 04:08:55 PM »
"Well, your going to have to do something about this golem once you get out of there." Turning to Piece. "Would you mind exposing a bit of his ankle right there? I am not sure if this thing will work the way I intend and also not sure if it has to be skin contact."

Piece makes a couple baffled movements and Strolen replies, "Yes, I did create it but it was one of my first creations and I was inexperienced." A couple more hand motions by Piece, "It does work, but it was created to sit on my desk, not to be shoved into anothers hand. Never tried that before. Just uncover his leg would you Piece, we can argue of my ineptitude later."

Strolen quietly chants the words that will summon itm=27 to him and a proper, squirrel size, scroll fits into his small claws. Here goes nothing. Strolen mouths the words lovinly marked an the scroll, "Insig Gem"

"Well, here it goes. Just a moment there Cap'n." Strolen steps forward and places the gem on the Captain's twitching ankle in hopes that it will have desired effect, and just for good measure he adds, "This is not yours Captain, don't be touching it you hear? It is mine."

Strolen sees Piece shaking itself in amused bafflement. "You are telling me, I have already used two summonings and I haven't even had lunch. I got to get to my office where I keep my scrolls and jacket."

Level 3

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Picking up the Fumble
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2004, 04:44:38 AM »
MoonHunter, coming up from behind Luke, does a parent scoop on him. the scale is about right. Luke is now sitting in the Were's right huge clawed hand, feet dangling down, his back crocked against the fur covered arm, as the Were continues forward. MoonHunter is not looking at him at all, he is looking at and heading towards a knot of Goblins that are going to intersect the scribes on the way to the character's vault.  

Luke if you are going to dispute the pick up, let me know and I will edit. If not, we will proceed towards some Goblins that are in the way.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2004, 02:33:59 PM »
Ria just kept walking, trying to formulate a plan of attack.  She didn't know any real offensive spells, but anything could be used as a weapon if properly used.  She decided that she'd stay behind the others, and help out if needed.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2004, 02:58:33 AM »
With an almost practiced motion, Luke was "tossed" by MoonHunter towards the knot of Goblins heading towards the scribe. It was a gentle parabolic toss, so he had plenty of "air time" to prepare this time.  

MoonHunter, took to the tanget.  Having a good pack instinct in this form, he simple hooked a wide loop, to take on the Goblins that were being engaged by Luke.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2004, 01:50:36 PM »
That a crackling SNAP-HISS as Luke's lightsaber switched on.  Luke came donw on the first one with knee shattering the goblins skull, Luke cut a wide swath with the lightsaber and bisected one goblins through the chest and cut the other through the top of his head.  

Luke tumbled out of Moonhunter's way as he attacked the remainder..

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Arrrrrrrhhhhhhhhoooooooo!
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2004, 06:28:55 AM »
went the large lycanthrope. Dripping gore left on his fur by his assault, MoonHunter appeared archtypal feral nightmare.  Yet the glint in his eyes was not just instinct and adreneline (thought there was a lot of that).  Inside, guiding the 700 pounds of fur, fang, claw, and muscle, was an adept.  He had a plan. He just needed to get the humans and parahuman scribes to follow him.  

He put two clawlike fingers into his huge blood splatted maw. He unleashed a whistle, that sounded like a Banshee unleashed.  Sure that he had everyone living's attention, he pointed empthatically to the items library.  If there was a point to the attack, most likely it was an item they wished to achieve.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
meanwhile, in the bowls of the item library...
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2004, 06:36:25 AM »
"What do you mean you can't find it!" he roared.  His hand flew under its own accord, &^%$@slapping one of his ratlike minion.  

From the heap on the floor, it wimpered and chittered.  

"I travelled across the multiverse. I put up with my insipid allies. I fawned infront of that simpleton DarkLord. It was all so I could achieve one item, the capstone to my towering victory over the Ivory Lords. "

He stopped to take a deep breath.  The ratlings backed up. The Goblins that were supplying muscle and security stood in place, looking stupider than normal.  

"AND YOU CHITTERING IDIOTS CAN NOT FIND IT!"

A bolt of sickening green lighting lanced from his hands. It struck one of the stationary goblins.  He flared to negative for a brief moment, lighting up the gloom.  Then he dropped, crisped like batter fried chicken.  

"IF YOU FOOLS CAN'T FIND WHERE IT IS, CHECK THE RECORDS. FIND OUT WHO CHECKED IT OUT!!!!"
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
The thread breathes, again!
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2004, 07:33:22 AM »
Shadoweagle, upon turning on cue to Moonhunters whistling, saw the were-creature point dramatically towards the library, and thusly turned towards it. Before he started for it, however, a phrase muttered beneath his breath, and a dramatic gesture of his hands caused an intricate lacey, silklike pattern to appear, suspended above the group of the few remaining weak creatures. This web remained almost comically within midair for several seconds, before drifting almost gracefully groundwards, covering the goblinesque creatures and trapping them temporarily in multiple strands of magically strengthened, sticky threads. These creatures were not of that much threat, and could be dealed with later, anyway - time is of the essence if they are to prevent whatever fiend is behind this, from obtaining what he is looking for. And thus the party trudged through the webs and swearing foes, aptly restrained, until they came upon the giant, double-doors of the items library. Shadoweagle pushed those doors open forcefully, and small party stepped into the library.

The first difference noticable, is that the windows have been magically tinted, to give a dark, gloomy appearance to the once-bright library. Strangely, there is little sign of anyone here, whereas moments before there were. This would probably mean they knew the people were coming and fled.

In the centre of the high-ceilinged room, next to a single, potionfilled desk illuminated with a candle, was a solitary man. Chestnut coloured hair, with several lines of grey, adorn this persons head, and simple brown robes cover the mans body. This person seems to be working diligently - perhaps even frantically, mixing potions with shaky hands and muttering softly to himself... "no... NO.... that cannot be right... what WAS it... one quart swamp liza... nooo! aah..."

Amongst the scribes, Shadoweagle seemed to recognise this person vaguely... but from where...? At this point in time, however, the doors abruptly slammed shut behind them - they would hear the 'click' of a magical lock bieng turned on it. A trap, it seems. But what danger is this babbling old man going to do, even with the bookshelf rows of items around them.

At the sound of the slamming of the doors, the man working at the table abruptly darted his head up in a paranoid action, and a brief expression of fear passed over this mans eyes, "What... what are you doing here!? Please... stay away from me... for YOUR safety!" ... Unfortunately, at this point in time, the man abruptly halted speaking, and then begun to scream.

Utter agony was the message passed across by these wails. Several seconds after this screaming began, an intricate, scale-like pattern began forming on all visible sections of the mans skin, slowly becoming more and more apparant. His skin also altered in hue, gradually becoming a forest-green and hardening, thickening. Whilst this happened, the mans arms and legs lengthened, his hind legs twisting and jerking audibly as the bones, tendons and muscles reshape and reform. Finger and toe nails make way for wickedly curved claws, a black ichor smeared apon the tips, and the mans skull altered, jaw growing outwards and forming a reptilian muzzle, teeth itching as they grow in length and become far sharper. At this point, the mans cries of agony gargled within his mouth, before changing into hisses of fury. A second or two after this alteration of vocals, A long, olive-green, serpentine tongue flickered out of those maws, smelling the air. Next, A vast array of curved spines erupt forth down along the unfortunate mans spine, working along to the very tip of his newly formed tail. Lastly, of course, those eyes, once human, flare into a brilliant crimson. Now on all-fours this man... no, beast, Peered malevolantly across the area, searching for prey. Upon sighting the scribes, the lizard creature gave a menacing, malevolant hiss, and leapt to one side, disappearing in a row of books in this gloomy library. As the seconds pass, no other sound is heard...

Shadoweagle, of course, recognised this 'person' now. "Aaaaaah, spit!" the black-robed mage cursed, and he glanced to his friends briefly, offering a faint, apologetic smile, "Ever wondered what its like to battle perfection?"

[OOC]I apologise for the many liberties I took in this post :) I kinda got caught up in it.

Creature encounter, Gaeric the alchemist: npc no. 189[/OOC]

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2004, 05:03:35 PM »
Captain Penguin snarled in frustration and wished he were in the Armorican Kingdoms right at that moment. He also wished he had a nice elven woman to keep him company. Most of all, he wished for grog.
"You about done gettin' me outta' this hole?!" he shouted out to Strolen.

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2004, 06:12:02 PM »
Strolen presses the ring firmly on the the Captain's exposed skin, or is it feathers he silently wondered to himself, and had to continue moving to keep the pressure on. Looking up, Strolen sees that the Cap'n is indeed shrinking. A triumphant gaze is pointed towards Piece and the hand shakes in what could be amusement or disgust.

"A'hoy, Cap'n. It appears you are now more my size. Hey, Piece, do we know the duration of this thing?"

A clear shrug is returned as Piece starts following the Cap'n through the hole. Strolen follows as well and at about that time a shrill whistle can be heard from inside the Citadel.

"Better go see what all the commotion is about. This is killing my lawn."

[OOC]Take us the rest of the way Cap'n.[/OOC]

Level 3

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2004, 06:23:50 PM »
"Whar..Wuh...Gurr..." mumbled Captain Penguin, looking at his shrunken self and the now-large hole in the ground.
Then, with a shrug, he said "Come this way", and tramped off down the tunnel.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2004, 10:24:49 PM »
Luke found himself in the libary facing down the essence of perfection with Moonhunter, Ria, Shadoweagle, and himself.  The odds didn't look good, "Quick split up Ria take right, Shadow left, Moonhunter go up."  Then Luke launched himself into a sprint right at the beast four feet before he leapt up into the air and brought his lightsaber of his head for a powerful slash.

OOC: Lol

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2004, 10:31:52 PM »
[OOC] I already took the liberty of moving your character in there, Luke :) All the scribes who were in that main part (Ria, myself, you and Moonhunter) are in there, locked inside ;) You can edit your post to be in there ^^

Sorry

Besides, I don't think Strolen would be pleased that his own people would be cutting holes in his structures :P[/OOC]

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2004, 10:11:55 PM »
[OOC]Some little light sabre isn't going to mark my library door, no way ;) [/OOC]
Strolen scurries in behind Captain Penguin and following on the heels....wrist...of Piece. The tunnel was only long enough to go under the wall, but who designed this place anyway? Going to have to look into removing that tunnel. shove a boulder into it or something.

Coming out of the tunnel showed a yard full of carnage, some still on fire, others lying cut and bleeding, others still cauterized in pieces. Another group was off towards the library covered in a web. Looking at the bodies and web a somewhat clear trail of death could be seen leading towards the libraries great doors.

The small size of the three friends made them hard to notice among the movement inside the citadel proper.

"What do you think Cap'n? Get across while your small enough to waddle through?" Either way we need to get inside somewhere, we can't do much good out here."

Level 3

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2004, 11:03:17 PM »
Captain Penguin spat at one of the goblinish corpses and began to waddle in the direction of the tavern.
"First things first, Ah'm gettin' me a drink." he said tersely. "Then, when Ah'm good an' spit-drunk, Ah'm goin' inteh' yer' Library an gettin' me a new set o' bloody scrolls. These is defective."
And with that, he turned and began to sojourn over the bloody belly of the carrion goblin.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2004, 01:05:31 AM »
OOC: lol, i editied it.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2004, 01:35:01 AM »
Valiant though Lukes attack was, the beast was already gone, hidden in the maze-like arrays of bookshelves. For its huge size, the beast certainly made little noise - it was quiter than a cat stalking. Of course, it made a couple menacing hisses at random intervals, but the high ceiling of the roof echoed the sounds and thus made it difficult to discern an exact location.

Shadoweagle, in the meanwhile, had made his way to the left, scrying the bookcases. Obviously he was looking for something. Something which would help find the location of this beast so they wouldnt be slaughtered without even knowing the direction the attack came from. he knew how his creation worked, and he knew just how deadly it could be - physical, magical AND mental attacks all had a reduced effect on it - even Lukes lightsaber would have a hard time searing through the beasts carapace.

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2004, 10:56:33 PM »
Strolen looks to Piece, "I thought he was drunk?" shrugs, then louder, "Alright Cap'n have a belt or two for me and try not to forget we are under attack! Better check your barrels for any damage while you are in there and you might want to think about your secret stashes around this place. Who knows what will happen to them if they find them, but we will see you later."

Level 3