llamaenterhear

Author Topic: The Last Tomorrow, or, Tales of Great Moltholom  (Read 103 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
The Last Tomorrow, or, Tales of Great Moltholom
« on: March 24, 2017, 06:43:27 PM »
A world so old its time is running out...

Lastland
The only continent (land mass) left, which has not been buried beneath the earth, nor swallowed by waters, nor burned by fire, nor torn apart by winds.

Great Moltholom
A city the size of a country, ruled by odious sorcerers and myopic wizards from their twisted towers. The myriad enchantments and spell runes etched all along the great walls, protect the city from the ravaging abominations outside it. But they too, like everything else, wane in power.

Psor
One of the few remaining cities of Lastland where humans still dwell. Women outnumber the men by a ratio of fifty to one here. And most of the men are sterile.

Throbbing Bogs
What used to be a sizable landmass of varied terrain, is now a vast, horror-filled, fetid bog of monstrosities and many dangers besides.

Deadsands
A unimaginably vast wasteland where nothing grows, no birds fly, and where almost no one or nothing dwells.

Old Place
One of the few cities remaining, aside from Great Moltholom, where lepers, beggars, and broken-men cling to the beyond-ancient stones, and pray to queer gods for salvation.

Sleeping Sea
Once a great ocean, now a vast "puddle", which is rarely more than waist deep on a man.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:53:13 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
Re: The Last Tomorrow, or, Tales of Great Moltholom
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:03:28 PM »
Nice!!!
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Online Aramax

• Master
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Article Guild Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 07:16:56 PM »
 Ikela the Lawful (Icky the Awful to his enemies and monks in a bad mood, he hates this nickname)
(simple brown robes, arms folded across chest w/ scrolls in both hands, Bald, no eyebrows, white puples , black outside of eyes)
being Lawful Good(evil)I do not summon sanduskins and the like
St 18 Int 22 ws 13 dx 17 con 18 charisma 17
Spells memorized
Time Stop(10 rounds, NOTE although this is a very powerful spell, it is very common to major mages amd they often have defences against this)
Shapechange
Disintegrate
Mazarian's over All excellence(Incredible over all buff to physical abilities, another common spell)
Fireball minor
Time skip(cast two spells in one round) minor
Immunity
Scrolls in hand
(These scrolls are very hard to make and as such, I am loathe to use them unless I have avery good reason, spells are too powerful to be memorized)
Left Volcano
right Earthquake

Minor magic items
ring of feather fall
whistle of gryphon summoning

60 Ioun stones (recall one spell cast,detection of Time stop<on auto matic>, able to cast minor spell "Stone Fist" x 5 (18 00 strength two handed +3 sword equivalant) Analyze magic  x4, cast "armor spell" ,Plate x3)
Traquil Mansion is simple abbey (main guardians are 6 fearsome Gargoyles, immune to less than +2 weapons, claws shred magical defenses)
Abby is filled with 20 monk/mage/ martial artists, they take on my "sin" and damage when I do black magic or get hurt,The monks are lead by Kasak, my major domo who is frequently absent in search of new monk recruits as my "sins' kill them, they are attracted to a scholarly monastic order dedicated to supporting my LG will.
abbey is located high on "World Teat " mountain range in griffon country, Ikela has many trained griffons he uses as transportation as do the monks

World Teat's oldest mountain range, by far not the tallest filled with angry rams, yeti and white dragons, not to mention the gryffons, home to a fierce barbarian tribe made up of small family units scattered across range

Spell library and Research
I have never looked into transportation spells so no teleport , fly etc, I have the 3rd best library, number one on Religion as I am reasurching crossing the clerical and arcane streams,especially healing. I pine for a lost love,Lala , a female paladin who never returned my affection, now lost to time, her memory makes him bitter.

Tranquil Abbey Locations(NOTE TO OTHER PLAYERS: Those of you not familiar w/ Vance/ Mage dwellings are normally sumptuous Mansions)
(The abbey is spartan in the extreme, no tapistries on walls or rugs)
Spell Library
Casting/experimental chamber
Tropical Garden complete w/ twik men and faeries, fresh fruit and herbs is harvested
Training grounds, monks stand here and soak sin and damage always 3 on duty(this is main front entrance)
Abbey santuary, this is converted into kitchen/ bedroom for all inhabitants and guests 50 beds and tables for same
secondary Library, monk library
secondary training grounds, martial arts training(mainly damage soaking is taught)
Hospital, where damaged monks go to heal, Rodrick the Red 5th L cleric on duty, also aids Me in my spell research.
Study small room with fresco's of Lost paladin and fladulation whip, no one except for me may enter

Outside abbey
small barbarian family tends the abbey's sheep
Tranquil Garden
hedge maze for mediation, rose bushes for walls

Character notes
severe LG to the point of spilling over into evil methods (Think Inquisition)
Realizes Monks are hard to replace so uses them carefully but if pressed will use them up compleatly, gryffons are disposable. Period.
Do not underestimate his pining for his lost paladin love, it is a constant reminder of mine
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:40:38 AM by Aramax »
Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity

Online Aramax

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 08:16:46 AM »
Although I don't know exactly what Muro is looking to do, I am VERY familier w/ setting he is basing this on
The typical PC uber wizard is capable of memorizing 6 spells of(If I may use D&D as an example) 7-9th level, minor spells would typically be 3-5th level and you can have more of them if you dont take the 6 major spells, The mages typically have dozens of Ioun stones, super luxurious mansions filled w magical items and magical helicopters, their ego's are huge as is their personalities. In the setting the uber mages are organized into a high council so they don't go about killing each other randomly and stealing their stuff. The one major char who was not a mage was a very very cunning "Thief" type who relied on his wits, The setting had no use for warriors but that shouldn't nessicarily stop you from creating one with many magic items, again I am not speaking for Muro just throwing in my 8 cents cause I am UBER fascinated at the possibility of playing in what I consider the best fantasy setting ever.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 11:44:20 AM »
To the tribesmen of the Lastland, we are Belphegor, the lord of the Dead.
To the magi of Great Moltholom, we are Thangirion Zomiel, whose visage causes Gods to turn away
To Tiphareth of Psor, we are called Husband.

Appearance
Casual - Dark gray chasuble under a black fanon marked with symbols representing unholy constellations and the signs of elder beasts. This is all under a light devouring cappa magna (or great cloak)

Formal - The Panoply of Zomiel, a full suit of orichalum armor including a head piece that is heavily ornamented and crenellated. The armor is layered with protective magics, studded with magic jewels, and produces it's own ghastly light. Also has the Staff of Zomiel, a powerful necromancer's tool imbued with ancient and hoary magics.

Belphegor Thangirion Zomiel is ancient and cadaverous, with chalky white flesh that is frequently brittle and dry to the touch. Despite his appearance, he still contains a great deal of physical strength. He has no hair, and seldom blinks, with deep set dark eyes that give his face a skeletal appearance.

Magic

Thang's magic flows from two major sources, necromancy and the abomination magics of the elder gods, which flows in disturbing patterns, with emphasis on corruption, buffing others, summoning monsters, raising the dead, and controlling others through fear and displays of power.

(mixture of Lovecraft monsters, hardcore necromancy, and entropy/corruption)

Lair

The Graveyard of Dragons - Thangirion's crypt/stasis chamber was buried deep under a place known as the Graveyard of Dragons, where many dragons and other great beasts went to die. When he arose in the Last Age, his fortress rose from the dead earth, lifting rotting flesh and bone piles into the sky, decorating itself with their corpses.

One dragon was not completely dead, and was skewered by the central tower, Thangirion used his magic to preserve the dragon's leaving it broken and bound to the stone, but still hateful and alive enough to vomit fire and bile on those who tarry to close to the Graveyard Fortress.

Personality

Thangirion was formerly married to a beautiful woman, and her death lead him to search out the secrets of immortality. He found them, but it was too late to bring her back from the dead, so he created the Graveyard Fortress as a permanent mausoleum for the both of them. He has since been disturbed and woken, leaving him to see the the end results of his work is his own wretched immortality, and his beloved reduced to crumbling bone. He is very old, and his power diminished by the slow death of the world. He is a moral quandary, does he hasten the end of that world to end his own suffering, or does he try to do what she would have wanted, and been a force of goodness.

Thangirion is Chaotic Neutral, with deliberate effort to be either lawful, or good, leaving him wandering between lawful evil and chaotic good, with a melancholy neutral being the normal resting state.

Thangirion also speaks to himself in a plural form, as he is a bit cracked, and might have a few stolen souls and minds buried inside of his own. He manifests Zomiel as good, Thangirion as chaotic neutral, and Belphegor as pure evil.
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 02:47:39 PM »
Icky the Awful and Thang the Necrope. Love it!!

Note: We will pay homage to Vance (obviously), but originalize (is that a word? nope.) the game a bit. So won't be literally stealing stuff from the books, but rather re-creating the dying earth genre to suit our own vile purposes (whatever those may be).

Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Online Aramax

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 07:41:12 AM »
Icky the Awful and Thang the Necrope. Love it!!

Note: We will pay homage to Vance (obviously), but originalize (is that a word? nope.) the game a bit. So won't be literally stealing stuff from the books, but rather re-creating the dying earth genre to suit our own vile purposes (whatever those may be).
"VILE!!!." "I will allow no VILLAINY!""You have been warned, Sir!"

Online Aramax

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 10:34:55 AM »
Strongly urging Mage Council of some type, will cut down on PvP violence........
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:42:03 AM by Aramax »