llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Seekers on the Seas of Wyrd  (Read 1001 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Tusserk

• Veldruk Jai
  • Adept
  • Slightly Besmackled
  • Awards Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
Re: Seekers on the Seas of Wyrd
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 03:42:28 AM »
Chrom eyed the tern as it eyed him back before tossing a bit of fruit at it.

“The Cap’tin says we head fer home to stock up. Wonderin’ how many member me from afore?”

The large man lazily stared off at a wall as his cleaver danced through the fruit on his table, slicing the food into smaller pieces with his remaining fingers pushing the fruit forward towards the blade.
Thundering footsteps broke into his thoughts and he spun his body to the right, his hand flashing across his enormous torso to bury the cleaver nearly halfway into the door frame as one of the crew came running into the galley.

“There be a shark in the waters, talking words an such! You say you want special food for the stores.” The man’s eyes bulge slightly at the thought of the cleaver slicing through his neck.

Gilson levers the cleaver from the door frame and shoves the crewman out of the way as he waddles up the stairs to see for himself the talking shark. Ready to bark orders for the crew to spear the beast and drag it aboard so he can cook it, instead he is left disappointed as he notices the crew leaving the rails and no shark in the waters that he can see.

“d**n. Seems I missed the fun.”

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2016, 04:23:44 PM »
"Verily, it is widely known that sharks are the most entertaining creatures in existence" Gerhard added a little humorous salt to Chrom's dismay.
"Men, you heard our fish friend - the guest we have saved may well be as savoury as one would expect of the Oinish, perhaps less so. I suggest we keep watch, at least. I'll go inform the captain of my findings."
And so he did. "Captain, what you would do with the testimony of one elemental is yours to decide. I would ask the guest a few questions prior, though."
And so he did, taking advantage of the man's fevered state to pretend to be a fellow cultist. "What has our master decreed that we do next? What is his favourite appellation again - I do not wish to insult his greatness? What do you think, will he be content with your work?"
While talking, he extended his arcane senses to learn as much as possible about any magic and eldritch entities that may have rubbed off on the Oinishman. His rapier was never far from his side, though.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Article Guild Golden Creator Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Article Guild Item Guild
    • Moonlake's Fiction Space
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2016, 08:18:34 PM »
Mi'il feigns a yawn. Behind the cover of her slim white hand held in front of her mouth, she gazes eagerly at the Oinish prisoner. What would he reveal that I can take to advantage?

Human (Level 2)
Crysilis Embroider -  Apprentice Weaver
Moonlake Ku - Apprentice Strolenati
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 4| CHA: 2 | INT: 3
"Crazy woman devoted to 2 Worlds, 2 Guilds and randomness"
Visiting beloved Dragon Empire

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2016, 11:00:07 AM »
The Oinishman grins wide at Gerhard's words, a wild look in his eyes. Behind them, Mi'il keeps an eye on the proceedings. They are below deck, where the fevered, stranded manling has been locked inside a cabin.

Meanwhile, the ship begins to sail again, guided by the night stars and new winds. Captain Sharlto, busy navigating Fate's Plight (so close to the City of Sails now!), leaves the Oinishman's fate to Gerhard. "Do with the madman what you will" he says and continues to shout commands to Werrus and Ebrin.

Old Blind Bhroo approaches Gilson Chrom. "Cook, my bats have not yet returned." he says ominously.

below deck...

The Oinishman bites down hard on his own fingers and begins to etch something in the wooden wall with his blood, still grinning. It is some kind of amorphous shape with strands and tentacles emerging from a bulbous oval. He pauses to smell his own bloody hand, "Do you smell the sweet tang?" he offers it to Gerhard.

Finally he addresses Gerhard's direct query...

"Do next?" This sets the Oinishman to laugh maniacally, "I await HIS words. The Whisperer of Impossible Secrets will guide us all! My salvation will soon be at hand. We merely wait, pale one." He stares directly into Gerhard's ice-blue eyes, "It wont be long now."

With that, Zylonion, who is also listening to the delusional man, knows what entity the Oinishman refers to. The worst one, when one sails upon the queer seas.

On deck...

Gilson just then notices something, still several hundred yards from the ship. Dark, winged, Eldritch S hadows in the night sky. He counts the shapes. Eight. As many as Old Bhroo had bats. But despite their leathery wings, these creatures that silently approach the ship from the skies, are no bats. Rather they are each twice the size of a man.

A sailor in the crow's nest suddenly begins to shout, "DEMONS!!"
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 07:43:21 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 12:44:57 PM »
Some dozen leagues away from Fate's Plight, we can make out a grim trireme silent upon the night waters. A warship from Pan Tang, the isle of sorcerers. Aboard the vessel, a fork-bearded captain, his bald head tattooed with sigils and swirls of Chaos, addresses a subordinate, an equally revolting man without legs, and gorilla-like arms of muscle to compensate.

"We are too close to Menii, and its filthy purple harbor." the Captain spits his words.

'Aye, captain" the legless brute acknowledges.

"We will await them upon the Sea of Circles, raise sails!"

Mute sailors rush about like ants in response to their Queen's commands, and the ship veers Eastward.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Master Questor Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2016, 08:35:04 AM »
Pyaray.

This would not do. He should have known that dread power would be drawn into this.  He is dwelling overmuch on this world, the transitory world of Men. He is forgetting the wider world beyond, of which Pyaray was but a taste.

He curses the body that traps him.. It was too late to do anything about the Oinishman, besides, let Gerhard taint his soul with his slaying. Perhaps the madman could be useful to another demon..

"Demons!" came the shout from above.  The madman was certainly effective. There was something admirable in that.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®