llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Quotes...got any?  (Read 37780 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« on: February 11, 2004, 06:43:53 PM »
"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!"~Auron FFX

"The sword is only a tool. What power does it have compared to the hand that wields it? Evil is clever, and deception is it's most powerful weapon. Let the sword guide you to your fate, but let your mind set free the path to your destiny."~Samurai Jack's father, first ep.

"Et tu Brutus!?"~Ceasar

"If God dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting!"~Unknown

"They have now made an invention to keep the inside of the car quiet,
It fits right over her mouth."~Herman Munster

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be missquoted and then used against you." - Hiei

"People truly begin to live their lives when they live for something other than themselves." ~Albert Einstien

"Don't go dyin' on me...I'll have nightmares." ~Cloud Strife, FF7

"The world changes, we do not, there lies the irony that finally kills us." ~Interview with the vampire

"DIE! No I mean ::cough:: congratu... no I don't! DIE you little BUGGERS!" Me at a friends online wedding.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." ~ Winstons Churchill

"I don't ask for a lighter burden, but broader shoulders."~Old Jewish proverb

So...I'll dig some more up later, Have any good qoutes? Post 'em!
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 07:20:36 PM »
The Flying Hamster of Doom rains coconuts on your pitiful city!

"Now that we've scared all the freaky people away..."  my buddy Paul

Words to run away by: "Hey, y'all, watch this."

Note to self: Drinking cappucino two hours before bed is just a bad idea.

"Who was that?"
"An old god.  A very old god.  Come, Scott Free; let us hit the kitchen.  I have a secret stash of Oreos of which you are welcome to partake."   - Scott Free and the Martian Manhunter, The Sandman: Passengers

"If I had been in the President's place, I would not have gotten the chance to resign.  I would be lying in a pool of my own blood hearing Mrs. Armey standing over me saying 'How do you reload this d**ned thing?'"  - Texas Representative Dick Armey, asked by a reporter if he would resign had he been in President Clinton's place.

"What power would hell have is those here imprisoned were not able to dream of heaven?"  - Dream of the Endless, The Sandman: A Hope in Hell

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

"Give me back the coffee, and I will allow you to continue to breathe."  - a friend of mine in high school

Will post more later.  LOTS more where they came from
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 09:18:31 PM »
I have a few...

"You spoony bard!" -Tellah, Final Fantasy IV

"Be true, Unbeliever." -The Song of the Unbeliever, The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever

"I would not tread in their shadow." -Conan the Cimmerian's opinion of gods

"Go ahead and sing it."
"Elegant elephants everywhere..."
"That's enough."
"...enjoy eating eggs..." -Drew and friends, The Drew Carey Show

"A Dwemer said, 'Nothing is of any use. We must go and misinterpret this.'" -The 36 Lessons of Vivec: The Third Sermon

"I make no false promises." -Ulkha Askour-Son, during one of my games

"You do prattle on." -Loki, Valkyrie Profile

"Well, look, I'm on fire, what more can you do to me?" -some character that some comic book I read

"Check out my abs!" -Red Man, Red Man Issue 1

"Think on that, groveler, and be dismayed!" -Lord Foul the Despiser, the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever

"I smell no blood...
Throat cut first! Blood...Gouting! Then it falls in!
Take it back! The sacrafice is rejected.
You will know my wrath." -Turel, Legacy of Kain: Defiance

"You're a ragged excuse for a savior!" -Vorador, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2

"What the...Finger?" -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

"This is my story!" -Tidus, Final Fantasy X

"Your vaunted 'free will' is useless! It was Kain's destiny that mattered, not yours!" -The Elder God, Legacy of Kain: Defiance

"Moebius is my good servant. I have many."
"And if I told Moebius that he was worshipping...A giant squid...Do you think that his faith would falter?" -The Elder God and Raziel, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2

"Everyone is afraid, Raziel. These times of change can be so... Unsettling." -Melchiah, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

"No! Where is the sense in all this?! Braska believed in Yevon's teachings and died for them! Jecht believed in Braska, and gave his life for him!" -Auron, Final Fantasy X

"Deciever! False god!" -Kain, Legacy of Kain: Defiance

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

"It's so crowded, nobody goes there anymore." -Yogi Berra

"Do not tell me what I can and cannot do!" -Franklin D. Roosevelt

"That depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." -Bill Clinton

"Vae victis!" -Odothanc, Goth chieftan, to the conquered Romans. (Means "Woe to the conquered".)

"Vae victis!" -Kain, Legacy of Kain series. (Couldn't resist.)

There will be more. Oh yes, there will be more.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 10:41:53 PM »
"There are some things that even a demon will not do."   - Gray, the archon.

"She had a spider on her.  So I killed it.  Very thoroughly."  - Sarah the Little Goth Girl

"Is this the answer to our prayers?/Is this what God has sent?/Please understand,/this isn't what we meant."  - "This Isn't What We Meant", Unknown Artist

"This is my world.  I share it with no one."  - Sarah the Little Goth Girl

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Magus

• Knight
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 05:12:20 PM »
Lets see, I don't like god, or women- Ryudo Grandia II

You say its my decision, but i don't have a choise!- Tidus FFX

Truly, If there is evil in this world, it rest in the heart of mankind- Tornix D. Morrison Tales of Phantasia

Let my people go- mosses in song

Doesn't that just beat all- Rei Breath of Fire III

One among you, will shortly parish- Janus Chrono Trigger
the road keeps on telling me to go on

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 06:55:08 PM »
"Doesn't that just beat all?" -Rei, Breath of Fire III (Sorry, Mag, just had to put it down.)

"If you are the light, then we shall live in darkness!" -Nausicaa, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Volume IV

"Some day, your race will come crumbling to the ground, Kain, and your wretched, stagnant soul will finally be mine!"
"Well, then...Until that day, you'd best burrow deep." -The Elder God and Kain, Legacy of Kain: Defiance

"No! Don't eat me!" -Vearst, Unlimited SaGa

"Pharoah Yam-ses, let my pickles go!" -Moses in a VegeTales video on the Simpsons

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 09:46:44 PM »
"This is my realm, and I can do as I please.  But there's really only one thing you need concern yourself with at the moment.  I am a predator.  You.  Are.  Prey."   - Lady Joya

"And why should I trust you, my dear lady?"
"You haven't a choice."   - Roland Feyfriend and Lady Joya

"Ladies, my sincerest apologies for assuming you were respectable."  - Stephan Sunjeis (a char in my perpetually unfinished novel)

Chihuahuas of the world, unite!

"I summon the unholy demons of apathy, sarcasm, and cynicism!"  - Wally, Dilbert

A fight to the death between zombies has some inherent problems.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, then are dreamt of in your philosopy, so  *SMACK* sod off."  - Hamlet, The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, Abridged

"Ah, swearing.  Beloved crutch of the intellecutally deficient."  - Johnny the Homicidal Maniac

Don't worry.  I've done this before.

"You must rage against the dying of the light."  - Yates

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."  - H.P. Lovecraft

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 10:22:06 PM »
"Do you have some sort of strange speech impediment that requires twenty minutes of absolute silence before you say anything useful?!" -Sain Kraji the Dawn Caste Pirate to the frustratingly monkish Sidereal Blossom of Silence, my Exalted game

"Let's go, gang!"
"Jinkies."
"I said, let's go, gang!"
"I'M THE ONLY ONE HERE!" -Nova Raku the Eclipse Caste and Feathers of the Raven the Full Moon Caste, my Exalted game

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 10:23:45 PM »
"I want to eat the sandwich."
"No, you don't."
"Yes I do!"
"Okay, but there's some mighty strange mayonnaise on that sandwich." -This quote has already been explained anywhere. Needless to say, the Dwarf Conspiracy was involved.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2004, 10:25:31 PM »
"Not so good you will look when four-hundred years old you are!" -Master Yoda, Return of the Jedi

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2004, 10:29:52 PM »
"I came here to do two things, chew bublegum and kick some ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum." -Roddy Piper before shooting up a bank in the greatest movie ever They Live.

"Come get some!" -Bruce Campbell in Army of Darkness

"The loser has to run laps around the room, singing mary had a little lamb while we throw textbooks at them." -Mr. Haake my AP Music Theory teacher explaining what happens to the person who is the last standing in the interval game.

"Never ever ever.................. (insert long pause) ...........Shake a baby" -Mr. Haake

"Someday I'll be a Canadian." -Mr. Adamack, American problems teacher

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2004, 10:41:49 PM »
"When you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME!"

"How do you spell assassin? Well, that'd be ASS-ASS-in." -Mr. Blaine

"King Charlemagne...Vikings...Goths...
BERZERKERS!!" -Mr. Blaine

"He was ridin' the school bus, ridin', ridin', ridin', and he stuck 'is little arm out the bus window...He's got 'is arm out the window, stop sign comes along...
Boom. Lefty." -Mr. Zimmerebner

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2004, 10:49:02 PM »
"Mmmmm...Fiber!"

"But I want to have tea!" -The Ogre's Third Head, Monty Python's Holy Grail

"I order you to construct me a cookie mine in the sandbox!" -Gus, Recess (The TV show)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2004, 11:19:44 PM »
"I fed the goldfish, but for some reason, I fed him chili. A lot of chili." -Mild Abandon

"It is a sad day for Physics and my regrettable duty to inform the world that the unified theory of everything known to you as Ultimate Beauty has failed to include the human moustache in its calculations and at the present appears unable to do so." -Mild Abandon

"I might also mention that giving me this job would be a fulfillment of prophecy." -Mild Abandon

"Mom! Good news! They're making a sitcom out of one of my haikus!" -Mild Abandon

"Looks like it. Smells like it. Must be crap." -Mild Abandon

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Been there, done this... sort of.
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2004, 02:10:51 AM »
Movie Quotes, though some books have slipped in.

http://www.rpgcitadel.com/guild/index.php?topic=127.0
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2004, 11:39:28 PM »
"I E Yu I
No Bo Me No
Re N Mi Ri
Yo Jyo Yo Go
Ha Sa Te Ka Na E
Ku Ta Ma E" -The Hymn of the Faith, Final Fantasy X
(While it sounds like a few lines of gibberish sung like a monks' chant, the Hymn is actually a Japanese anagram. While I myself, not speaking Japanese, cannot explain the exact grammar behind it, the song unscrambled is translated into English as:
"Pray, Yu-Yevon
Dream, Praying Child
Until eternity, bring glory")

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2004, 10:54:42 AM »
"Look, Darth, do you realize people around here are actually scared of you!? They're afraid that if they approach you with their questions or concerns that you'll kill them?" That's no true, my doors always open..." "Your doors always open, but if anybody comes in there, you choke them!" ~Darth's evaulation

"Instead of choking someone you could give them a pat on the back." "I don't understand...how would that kill them?" "It wouldn't kill them, it would encourage them, it would say 'Hey, you dropped the ball, but we're all on the same Death Star here." ~Darth's evaulation

"You know Darth, space is a lonely place is a lonely place, and if we bad guys can't be kind to each other, then why are we out here blowing up planets ain the first place?"~Darth's evaulation

"We'd like to talk to you about the mission statement you wrote up for the Death Star, what was that again?" "It blows up planets..." "Yea...see, I think we can expand on that. How about something like, the Death Star is a world class cost effective center of excellent, in the field of blowing up planets. It will oppress the galaxy while providing a respectable non-smoking, wheel-chair accessable work-place for it's staff, robots, and big snake things that live in the trash compacter."~Darth's evaulation

"Remember, buddy, the dark-side is supposed to be the FUN-side of the force, so..go get drunk, smoke something, pick a fight with a storm-trooper we got lots of them, they're cheap. " Alright, May the force be with you." "Absolutely, see you at the gold tournament."~Darth's evaulation

All lines from Three Dead Trolls in a baggie

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2004, 10:21:58 PM »
"Welcome, ah, Internet Help Desk...it's a tough gig, yea, I figure you got your four basic essential services in our society. You got your police, your fire, ambulance...Internet help desk. You know, Air traffic controllers claim they have the most stressful job...ha! But I'll tell you man, there is nothing that beats the adrenaline buzz of configuring some idiots adsl modem, even though he's running windows 3.1 on a 386 with 4 megs of ram man!"

"Thank you for calling the internet help desk, one of our trained technichians will be with you shortly, please hold..." "Okay..so that's the first thing, the hold button is your best friend, okay? Always put the customer on hold right off the bat, shows 'em who's boss." "Thank you for holding, your call is very important to us, please hold." "Take some of the fight out of 'em you know? Which is important, because when they start telling you they don't know how to use a mouse, or that they've been putting their coffee cup in their cd-rom trey, and they start to realize what an idiot they are, they are gonna be venting all over you my friend. But don't worry,I'm here, I'm a vet, I'm a pro, hell, I've been here eight months." "Okay, thank you for holding, my name's wess, how can I help you?...Un-huh, you can't get your e-mail...oh, that does sound serious, can you be more specific?...You can't, okay, please hold." *Insert long pause* "Thanks for holding, okay, I'm going to need to find out if your running Microsoft outlook express or netscape communicator...No, you don't, okay...Well, look in the top right corner of your screen, do you see a big blue E or a big green N....big black nothing, okay, I'm really sorry, that's totally my fault. Okay, what your gonna need to do, listen to me very carefully, your gonna have to turn your computer on, yea, un-huh, okay I'll wait." "Guys got 10,000 times the power of the computer we used to land on the moon, and he needs me to turn it on." "Okay, good, you got it all booted up? No, sir, please stop kicking it, no, is it turned on? Good, great, okay, what I'm gonna need you to do is read from the big t.v. part, your gonna need to read me the name of the picture you click on the get your e-mail normally...Microsoft Outlook, okay great, goahead and click on that...Up at the top theirs file, view, blah, blah, tools. Click up there, bring it down, click on accounts, okay when the window comes up  click on the mail tab, click on the blue text, click on pro...no, tools, tools, tools sir, Microsoft office?..No, no, your not running office, your running the wrong program...No, no It's my fault entirely, just...no...illegal instruction, well, I'm sorry your copy of office must be pooched sir, no, no, you haven't broken any laws, it's an illegal instruction, it's a, a compu....No sir, please stop crying...do not unplug, Do not unplug it...okay, let's just plug it back in then...good, okay excellent, you just let it start up and I'll be right back." Okay..we have a serious twelve o'clock flasher...You know what a twelve o'clock flasher is? It means all the appliances in his house are always flashing twelve o'clock. There's no way it can be done, I've seen guys eat their head-sets trying. It's time to go to plan B." "Sir, do you have a child in the house?"

Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2004, 11:57:32 PM »
"The magpies will show you the way..." -Me, on the chat room.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2004, 09:58:28 PM »
"You know, my life used to be normal.  Then I made friends with Kira, and I realized that 'normal' is a very loose term..."  - John Burns, charrie in a story of a friend's

"As far as you're concerned, I am God, and I am really pissed off!"   - an acquaintance of mine

Oh, you poor, silly sod.

You, sir, are what we refer to as "an idiot."

"Coffee."
"What?"
"COFFEE, man, give me COFFEE!!"   - Kira Odare (story char) and anyone who's convenient

"If anyone says a word about math, I swear I'm gonna effing rip someone's head off."   - me

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

There is no problem in the world that cannot be solved with chocolate or a sufficiently large application of high explosives.

Charging alone takes uncommon daring.  Or uncommon stupidity.  Or both.

"Aww...  He's so stoopid."   - Many people, many times

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2004, 10:00:16 PM »
"Math it up!" -Mr. Erlander

"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2004, 10:21:58 PM »
It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing, when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper.

Lazlo's Chinese Axiom:  No matter how glorious your victories or how crushing your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.

"Six pints of bitter, please.  And hurry; the world's about to end."   - Ford Prefect, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The desire to seem clever often keeps us from being so.

Red meat is not bad for you.  Blue-green meat, now that's bad for you.

Man said to the Universe, "Sir, I exist."  The Universe replied, "Yet this creates in me no sense of obligation."

"No" simply means begin again at one level higher.

It has recently been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

The Cup of Life is full of Jell-O.

Spider monkeys are the devil's work.

Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains popular?

No matter how much you accomplish, you are still going to die eventually.

Don't annoy the crazy person.

If you can't beat them, join them.  Then beat them.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

A conclusion is the place where you stopped thinking.

Life's short and hard, kind of like a bodybuilding elf.

Do not start with me.  You will not win.

General note to all stupid goons:  It doesn't matter how pretty a female outlaw is or how delicate she may seem.  She can and will kick your ass if you irritate her, and a lot of them can get nasty.  They also have very short fuses.  More specifically, if you run into a woman in a dark alley in a bad part of town, and she exhibits no fear or nervousness, LEAVE HER ALONE.  Almost certainly she can kill or maim you faster than you can grab her.

Don't ever, ever underestimate an outlaw.  Especially a cornered outlaw.  It will get you killed.

"There's a word for this situation, and that word is d**n..."   - me buddy Clarissa

"Dear God, save me from your fan club..." - Clarissa again

Howdy-do.  I'm the resident thief, and I will be relieving you of your valuables this evening.  If you feel any desire to complain to the management, feel free to try to locate the Thieves' Guildmaster, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2004, 10:46:57 PM »
"DON'T POKE THE BEAR!"

"Remember, bears can squirt their acidic blood out through their eyelids, so whenever you go to Yellowstone, have a can of Bear Spray on you to ward them off."

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2004, 11:33:47 PM »
"It is a mistake to think that all of lifes problems can be solved only with potatoes" -Douglas Adams

"Comfort the disturbed, Disturb the comforted!"
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Quotes...got any?
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2004, 12:47:46 AM »
"I'm so filled with self-loathing, I really want to kick myself!"

"* CaptainPenguin is filled with humorously paradoxical yet loving self-loathing."

"Are you filled with oxymoronically-phrased humorously paradoxical yet loving self-loathing?"

-me, the Chatroom, last night.