llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shadowed Galaxies-Story ideas  (Read 2167 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Shadowed Galaxies-Story ideas
« on: April 19, 2004, 06:50:19 PM »
I originally created this setting to be an rp. And in creating the story, I created a history of the setting. Here's the original idea.

The area of the galaxy of Archeras has long been a dark and perhaps dangerous place. After the Gods abandoned the mortal realm, it fell to the citizens of the world of Exarch to organize society, and they did so quickly. At the center of this civilizing movement was the Core, an area of space closest to the Veile Nebula, an area of anomalies unexplainable by conventional science. From the Veile, energies 's powers in ways that broke the normal laws of physics.

In an amazingly short period of time, the races of Exarch spread out across Archeras. Contact was made with other races, including many who had once graced the pages of myth and legend. Colonies were established, nations rose in a relatively peaceful existence. Even the occasional strikes of demonic forces from dimensional rips barely fazed the galaxy. Life was going well.

Then a period of ambitious uncertainty came over the capital worlds of the Core. The inhabitants fell into debauchery and abandon. Blinded by greed and isolationist sympathies, they shut out the worlds beyond their insulated little area. Soon all communication between the Core and the outers worlds failed. No news came, whether via ship or via pulse communication.

None but for one tiny group, a moderately large armada of anything which could cross the stars. Members of the frontier world of Solwe received the drifting hulks of steel, gently guiding them into orbit. No messages came from their bridges. Nothing at all. The inhabitants sent a small expedition-to find a charnel house of rotting flesh;rotting flesh which attacked them with sudden and unholy fury. Only in perhaps ten to twenty vessels did they find anyone alive, perhaps two million refugees crammed inside of varying race. All had the haggard look of survivors of a great cataclysm.

Those few survivors formed the Alliance. The Core worlds had fallen prey to a sudden and completely annihilating strike. The center of galactic culture, Exarch, had fallen in days. With it's resources, the threat, known only as the Shadow, had taken Core world after Core world until nothing was left but planets of the dead. The Shadow was moving, and they were, as far as they knew, the only living survivors of an area formerly with a population of several trillion people.

Few responded to their cause. Few cared. Most were too busy fighting off their own problems to worry about a crusade to a hazardous and perhaps stripped area of the galaxy for almost certain defeat. They didn't have to go to the Shadow, soon enough, though. The Shadow came to them.

This signified the start of the 'darker' ages. Where the alliance was formed, and the palsan republic built itself back up. This is where it all starts, when the shadow come into the picture. This is a good starting point for an rp story. You could go as far as have different players control their own fleet.
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Several years later...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 06:56:01 PM »
This is the second story I came up with...the one I posted previously.

The location in this story is the world of Darion, slightly inside the Core, inside the former border of the Palsan Republic. The Alliance and the Palsan Republic have allied for the purposes of this mission. A Seraphim-class ship, laden with several VIPs, was diverted to Darion, where it was shot from the sky by Shadow defenders. It has crashed inside the ruined city of Ferlis, the former largest city of Darion. There may or may not be survivors, but a rescue mission has been organized. It is a small one by military standards. The objective, obviously, is to find the wreck, get any survivors out, and leave. The safety of these survivors is PARAMOUNT. They must be low on both food and medical supplies. Time is of the essence, so the task force organized-two Avenger-class Alliance walkers, armed with twin pulse repeaters and twin flamers, a Constrictor-class Palsan tank, and an APC containing fifteen men and women. The characters are also members of this force, and are traveling in the Constrictor.

That said, the Shadow has also grasped the significance of the survivors. It too has reinforced its position, and Ferlis was the site of some advanced testing with some new varieties of Shadow undead. It is determined to let neither the survivors, nor the rescuers, leave alive with combat knowledge of these new undead, known as Blood Angels (you can't play one.).

And finally, in the shadows, a small band of yet another group, known as the Fallen, has crept towards Darion. The history of the Fallen is tragic, but suffice it to say that they are a mutant group of Alliance stragglers who have genetically engineered more of their kind. Lurking in small bands across the galaxy, their very existence is unknown to either the Alliance or Palsa, but they bear all other sentient creatures a fierce hatred and are determined to capture the VIPs, though whether to ransom them, question them, or merely kill them is unknown. Their forces and makeup are unknown, but no doubt equal to that of the Alliance/Palsa coalition.
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.