llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: 1939: Red Tide  (Read 2902 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
1939: Red Tide
« on: February 14, 2004, 12:22:47 PM »
OOC: This idea spawned from an old game I have.

IC:
1946, a small labtrotory outside Portland Oregon:

A young man works on a video camera and finall gets it to work, "Agar hurry up now stop fideling with that thing, and get me the calculations! Now!"

An older scientists walks into the camera's field of view, the young man hand him a clip board and pen.  The old man mutters to himself, "Good, good," and checks off some stuff on the clipboard.  

"OK warm her up Agar." The young man walks out of the camera's view and there is sounds like that of flicking switches and turning knobs.  The old scientist sits down in a strange metal chair with all sorts of blinking light and whirring machinery.  "A light pulses in the background, there is a loud bang and a bright flash ans the old scientist is gone."

1937 Somewhere in Germany:

There is a small flash and the old man appears next outside a barracks.  A young Adolf Hitler steps out from a steel door muttering in German.  

"Hail Hitler?" The old man says holding out his hand.

"Da, Lichenstein?" They Hitler and the old man shake hands and there is a bright flash and both are gone.  

1946: a small laborotroy otuside Portland Oregon

There is a bright flash and loud bang again and the old scientist appears alone in the chair.  The young man eagerly rushes to his side, "Well did you do it, did you see Hitler!"

The old man solemny nods his head, and looks at his pocket watch.  

"Well you know what this means don't you?!" The young man cries out eagerly.

The old man holds up his hand to quiet him, "Time... Time will tell..."

OOC:  This is a world war two story.  In the year 1940 Communist Russia leaps across it's boarders and swallows up almost all of Europe while Communist China conquers Japan, Inoasia, and most of northern India.  It seems the last free conutries in the old world are France, Spain, and England along with parts of the middle east and africa. I'll post my character in a bit.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 12:34:11 PM »
Hank Douglass
Male
American

Service:
Hank is a member of the United States Military Inteligance, or the Officer's Secret Service, OSS.  An organization with it's chief misson to try to soften up the European thearter through sabotage and espionage for US forces to land in Europe.

History:
Hank was eighteen when he enlisted, he showed promissing skills in stealth, combat, and technology.  About two years into his service he was recruited out of the Army and into OSS.  Hank has amnesia and cannot remember much since he was seventeen.  

Description:
Hank is 5'10" and weighs about 140 pouns.  He brown hair, and hazelnut eyes with a medium build.  He had no visible scars, most people would find him attractive but forgetable.  

Equipment:
Hank's equipment is whatever the United States Forces equip him with, but his standerd on a mission is a Silenced 9mm, and a Thompson Machine Gun.  Depending on mission parameters he also carries epxlosives, a radio, and a lockpicking device.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 12:35:34 PM »
OOC: thanks I forgot about him, yeah but with out Hitler, Himmler would have never come to power, he was a farmer before Hitler became his benefactor.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 12:56:35 PM »
OOC: Ah......I don't know if you think that what you posted was actual fact...or you made it up. But china never conquered Japan, in fact japan started invading inland, and it was germany that leaped across it's borders....though if Hitler died that might be possible...however unlikely. But then again, I'm thinking that is just in your game, not meant to be facts...just in case you actually thought that. But then again you could of made that up...oh well. :)
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2004, 01:48:06 PM »
OOC:This is off command and conquer I think...I remember the game now. But I still think there's no way in hell that china would've ever invaded japan...but it's your rp...so...what'ya gonna do?

Can we make our character for any faction?

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2004, 05:30:06 PM »
OOC: Hey. This is me, your pal, also your Moderator, and I'm here to say that you should probably get on with it, you know? And Kalabar, if you aren't going to join the thread, go discuss Heinrich Himmler, who was NOT Hitler's best friend, but a farmer who joined the Nazi party, elsewhere.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2004, 06:13:24 PM »
OOC: Japan was german's unofficial ally, as you can see im not going by fact if you read the intro. Germany is weaker than france and is still under the treaty of Versallies.  This is a communist vs capitalist war now, it is WWII but not the WWII we know of from history.  In this my RP china has industrialized and Japan is still playing samurai.

And yes to the faction question.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2004, 06:26:50 PM »
Hmmm, a few more questions before I put my character up. Can I take control and lead a small squad of men? That would probably depend on what I meant to do with them...but if you want to know I'll pm you later. Also, whey would America want to get involved in the war...seeing as how Japan couldn't of bombed Pearl Harbor...just want a little more info and then I'll post my character.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2004, 11:54:59 PM »
OOC: In WWII america didn't get involved in the b/c they were afraid of a russian communist invasion or insurrection. Since in this one it's communist vs the capitalist America gets involved for it's own interest to save capitalism before the communist take over.  

Yes you can lead a squad but no more than six men, and no uber squad men, the best they could be is special forces or rangers. Or the equivalant from another nation.  I'll put some tech specs for tanks and different guns in the Setting Forge in a bit.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2004, 12:00:20 AM »
I'm assuming that this is going to be mainly made up of sub-plots...since We might not meet...?

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2004, 01:10:15 AM »
OOC: Sure but I want the main plots to be in Europe mostly at least in the beginning.  Oh yeah the OSS is a top secret organization wthin the military and it's existance is not known outside of the President, and Secretary of Defense.  Hank when not on OSS missions serves as the Cap't for the 12th Armored Assault Platoon.

IC: Unamed Military Base January 10th 1940

"As of 0700 hours yesterday morning the Soviet Union launched a massive mechanized and aerial invasion of eastern Europe.  Germany fell by 1200 hours the same day, along with Poland, and all other countries east of France.  The Soviet attack met heavy resistance on the east edge of France but is working throw France's vanted Defense Line.  This area of eastern france is packed with more than sixty well defended bunkers.  The Soviet attack slowed but then they brought in 150mm howlitzer cannon's that have pounded on the bunkers, their concentrating their forces in the northern part of the wall to make a knife thrust drive at Paris.  At 0700 last night Soviet forces were observed speeding through the French country side.  At 0200 this morning we got word that the remanats of the french line were making a stand outside Paris.  We lost radio contact with them then.  

Us and England are launching a combined speical ops strike from Sweden deep into Poland, your main objective will be to hit these suooly bases, in Ggansk, Poznan, Warsaw and Lodz.  After you hit those bases you will immediately head for the coast, the British have the battle ship groups, Arbol and Harrignton moving into the Polish coast they will provide artlilerry support with their 18cm cannons.  You men have been of the 12th Armored Assault Platoon have been selected to proudly or nation in a counterstrike that will force Soviet forces to bring forces from the front back to guard bases and alleviate some of the pressure on France." Capt. Hank Douglass read from the order sheet.   "Ok men lets move onto the plains, our tanks were sent by ship a week ago, to protect from any leaks we weren't given the orders to the last second."  Hank waved his hand for the men to board the troops transport the was warming up outside.  "I know you all will make me proud."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2004, 11:53:43 AM »
The plain toched down in the London Air Port with out too many problems they had encountered a patrl of Soviet Mig's but the RAF fighters drove them off.  Hank stepped down a small ladder and onto firm ground.  "Come on boys, no time to lighten out wallets." Hank jogged over to row of  convoy trucks that would take them to the HG building on the coast.

The truck ride was fast but nothing much happened except when the third truck in the convoy broke down and the convoy had to stop for an hour, the Sargent in the truck nearly screamed himself horse at the driver.   Finally back on track they arrived at the HQ building the men were a little nervous, most everyone was a green soldier expect for those few that had fought in the previous world war.  

The briefing took a the better side of an hour after Hank finished he asked, "Questions." One man a new private raised his hand.

"Sir, what if we encounter heavy resistance?" He asked his voice cracked once in the middle he must of been only eighteen.

"Intel says resistance will be light but Allie Command has already sent in two regiments of infantry to clear a beach head."  Hank looked about the room no one else had a question, "Dismissed." The Gunery Sargent called after Hank had left the room.  

It was nine o'clock when Hank got to the barracks, he took a swig of scott that he had kept with him as a nightcap. Then changed and went to sleep, the men were going to roused and they would head out well before sun up...