llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: What do you play?  (Read 17927 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
What do you play?
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2003, 05:50:12 PM »
Nothing beats the pong link that Strolen posted

Quote from: "Strolen"
http://www.madblast.com/oska/humor_pong.swf
If I am wrong, it is probably because you misunderstand me

Offline KingOfChaos

• Apprentice
    • http://www.realmsofevil.net/
    • Awards
What do you play?
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2003, 09:12:12 PM »
I love real time strategy games.  I can sit down and play them literally for days on end with little or no sleep and still kick ass ;)  My favorites are Stronghold (REALLY old D&D strategy game.  We're talking 8 bit here :P ), The entire Age of Empires series by Microsoft, and the Sims by Maxis (cause I love ruining someone else's life other than my own for once ;) ), and finally..Master of Magic by Microprose (another classic!).
Shawn Muder
Realms of Evil Games Publishing
http://www.realmsofevil.net/

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
What do you play?
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2003, 01:37:31 PM »
Have you tried Castles?

DIABLO II IS HORRIBLY ADDICATIVE!!!
I borrowed the game from a friend last week and now I can't focusing on my studying. Curse Finals!

I tend to play ALOT of RPGs.
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
What do you play?
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2003, 02:39:02 PM »
Yeah, Diablo II has some replay value.  The Barbarian is fun to play.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
What do you play?
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2003, 11:16:43 PM »
I hate Diablo 2. It was good at first, but after a while it's the same d**n thing: (Click-click) squish (Click-click) blarg (Click-click) die (Click-click) Oh look, another really powerful magic item (Click-click) and heres another one (Click-click) and heres another one (Click-click) and heres another one (Click-click) and heres another one (Click-click) and heres some gold to buy more rididculously powerful, magical, legendary, set, gemmed, golden, gigantic, weapons (Click-click) ect.....
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
What do you play?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2003, 01:28:32 PM »
Hey clicking and killing can be fun and legal.  It is the only thing that saves my f#@king co-workers.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Computer games....
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2003, 12:45:03 AM »
Tomb Raider... all incarnations.

Civilization... almost all incarnations.. prefer civ II to all others.

Myst/ Riven... a really great concept in gaming.  

Unreal Tournament: I normally hate FPS, but I learned to like this game.  The original maps were good and the community created ones were awsome!
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
What do you play?
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2003, 07:36:17 AM »
Medieval: Total War kicks ass! Especially as the Almohads!
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Re: What do you play?
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2006, 02:49:21 PM »
Ping. Ping. Ping. Nope, this thread is probably dead.  Anyone got some paddles for a defibulation?
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2006, 04:07:52 PM »
Well I guess it goes without saying that I am playing Final Fantasy 12 and totally loving it. I'm thinking of starting Final Fantasy 10 again, plus I know there is at least ONE new game under the tree.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Item Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2006, 04:14:23 PM »
Well, as I've already said on this site: Gears of War was pretty cool. I really love the dystopic ones, like Gears of War, Half Life, Deux Ex, Fallout and so on.

Thinking about getting Wii now... That new Zelda game really looks good! It is a far cry from dystopic though ;)

Hey, Scrasamax: Is FF 12 only an online game, or is there a single player version too?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2006, 04:15:57 PM »
It's mainly single player; I wasn't even aware there was an online portion.  I think they learned their lesson with XI.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2006, 04:35:54 PM »
Dark messiah of Might and magic  :up: Singleplayer was fun, and the multiplayer, while having a few problems they've yet to iron out, is quite enjoyable.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2006, 04:40:49 PM »
I keep jumping around with what I'm playing, so I'll have anywhere from three to eight games going at once.  Of course, this leads to problems because I'll get distracted, leave a game to do something else, and by the time I get back around to it, I've forgotten where I was.  These are the ones I'm actively working on.

FFXII, because I am a FF junkie.  I haven't actually played much of it, because I've been distracted by other things.

Okami, which is very pretty.  I heard it's the PS2's answer to Legend of Zelda, and I can believe it.  Wonderful if you like fantasy rpgs.

We *heart* Katamari.  This is one of the most addictive games in the world, and I don't know why.  But I love it.

Animal Crossing.  I'm unsure about this one, I'll have to mess with it a little more.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2006, 12:16:46 AM »
Medieval total war is a very awsome game. I like playing the european and starting crusades, though you had to keep the pope all happy wich sucked. the Jihad is better then the crusade in that respect

right now I play a lot of Day of Defeat. fun fun game.

Battle for middle earth
command and conquer generals
neverwinter nights
neverwinter nights 2
half-life 2
counterstrike source
battlefield 2142 demo

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2006, 11:29:47 AM »
Currently:

Doom-Roguelike
Doom 3
Half-Life 2, played Ep 1 and liked it, but I think I'd prefer if they did it in full game instalments, I can stand waiting for higher quality material as opposed to get bits of lesser quality right away
NFS Most Wanted
Splinter Cells 1-3

Want to grab
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Quake 4
A PS3 so that I can get some decent console rpgs.  The Xbox just doesn't provide.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2006, 09:00:42 PM »
Hop Scotch
Jacks
Bean Bag Tic-Tac-Toe
Stratego
Mancala
Kick the Dead Horse

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2006, 10:36:37 PM »
I am poor and without funds, so I play old school (read: just plain old) and borrowed (read: my brother's) games:

Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
Sid Meier's Pirates!
DVD Clue
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Dark Messiah: Might and Magic demo (can't get enough of that demo)

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2006, 12:11:27 AM »
As far as I know Final Fantasy 12 doesnt have an online portion, it is a regular play it by yourself RPG. That is one of the reasons I like it, I have no intention of ever playing another MMORPG. It's not the game itself, its the dealing with 14 year old l33t brats with nothing better to do with their time than to abuse a game and create lv. 99 munchkins. forget that.

Got Gran Turismo 4 and Need for Speed: Carbon.

While none of the Need For Speed games have grabbed me like Underground 2, Most Wanted and Carbon are both good racing games. I am ready for the all out Underground 3, but I guess that will be a PS3 title...

So there, those are my game addictions, Final Fantasy and Tuner Car racing, but not in that order. I've got 4 RPGs (FFX, FFXII, Shadow Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts) and 5 racing games (GT3, GT4, Juiced, NFSU2, NFSMW, NFSC)

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Item Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2007, 07:07:58 AM »
Been playing Splinter Cell: Double Agent lately. It was good, solid fun. 4.5 flame!

Oh, I almost forgot: EchoMirage pointed me in the direction of the "Battle for Wesnoth" computer game. www.wesnoth.org
It is freely downloadable and playable by all. Kind of reminds me of Warlords for the PC back in the '90s. It is a decent game and I found myself tethered to the screen playing pixel games once again.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 07:10:17 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2007, 06:57:08 PM »
Just got Rome: Total War the other day.  It consumes me.  It's a couple years old, and at this point I'm sure everyone else has played it or at least heard of it, but it's new to me.  More than worth the 20 bucks I paid for it.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2007, 05:45:55 PM »
Shadow Hearts - awesome turn-based RPG.  I actually liked it better than I like most of the Final Fantasies I've played.  Plays fast, has an awesome story and gorgeous visuals.  It's very dark and gothic.  Plus your main character gets to turn into assorted demons.  A word of warning, some of the enemy designs are very, very disturbing.  PlayStation 2, but it's hard to find.  Most places (at least, the ones I went to) had the two sequels, Shadow Hearts: Covenant and Shadow Hearts: From the New World, but they're both inferior to the original.

Psychonauts - I hate platformers.  I suck at them.  Yet I will still play this game.  It's wonderfully demented.  Lots of neat sci-fi references, and some truly nifty abilities.  Plus, the developers were crazy, the game is hilarious in a twisted sort of way.

Neverwinter Nights - Well, I would play it if it didn't make my computer choke and die.  (Note to self, upgrade video card...)  I played it some on my brother's comp, and it's fun.  It's pretty much a direct port of D&D 3rd ed.  Pretty engaging story, fun dungeons.

Final Fantasy VII - More of an ongoing project; VII won't hold my interest for long.  But I can keep coming back to it, and one of these days I'll actually beat it.

Final Fantasy X-2 - I know it's not on the same level as the rest of the Final Fantasy series.  But it's fun and I like it.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2007, 08:31:50 PM »
Battlefield 2142.  Too much.  Actually getting the 30+ hour in a role awards now.

Ugh.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 2011 Sub of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2007, 07:52:10 PM »
Defcon demo: why a game doesn't have to be 3d to be genius. Utterly addictive. The mood is just right on. Ever seen wargame(film)? this is it! The sounds are simply haunting. A very good Indie game.

try it. (if you want!)

ttp://www.everybody-dies.com/
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2007, 09:25:02 AM »
Oblivion.  And, while I'm going to have to agree that it isn't as deep character creation wise, and hate the "everything levels with you" feel of the dungeons and cities, it is a good game just the same.  But they finally fixed the Sneak skill, so that you get a rather decent damage bonus from it.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station