llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Prime Evil  (Read 1645 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Jormungand

• Nomad
    • Awards
Prime Evil
« on: January 31, 2004, 08:11:20 PM »
Just to ask what kind of thing is the most evil thing out there?
Is it a Cthulhu thing or a Howard the Duck evil thing?
Is it Squirrels with hacksaws or something really evil that can change shape?
Is it a big strong barbarian gone mad or the small worms that enter your brain? Describe what would be the ULTIMATE evil...
"This isn't right, this isn't even wrong."
- Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958), upon reading a young physicist's paper

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Prime Evil
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 11:14:16 AM »
You can't really list Cthulhu, or any of the Great Old Ones for that matter, because they are beyond the puny human concepts of good and bad.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Prime Evil
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 11:14:35 AM »
IA CTHULHU!
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Prime Evil
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 06:28:52 AM »
If it should be between humans, I think the prime evil is the simple idea, that some other idea is absolutely right. Not only that, but also the wilingness to enforce this ideal on anyone else, for any price.

No Cthulhu or monster, but I hope it fits.
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Prime Evil
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 06:46:04 AM »
In my opinion, Pure evil in terms of humans can be attributed to lack of emotion. If one lacks emotion, doesnt have hatred/anger/love/desire/pain/weakness/jealousy to act upon, but STILL performs an 'evil deed' (It doesnt matter how small a deed) WITHOUT bieng Driven by these, what is he?

Of course, I dont mean things like 'robots' or what-not, who are incabable of feeling such emotions. I mean somebody who acts in spite of his emotions.

Because truly - cannot all actions of 'evil' be justifiable by a human emotion? Jealousy? Hatred due to mistreatment? Love for a religious deity? Im not saying that deeds committed by people using their emotions cant be EVIL. Im just saying that somebody who does these deeds without emotion would be MORE evil... er, If you get what I mean...
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Prime Evil
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 02:19:50 PM »
Pure evil?

To me, that's simple. It's the evil that expands and crams itself down your throat, whether or not you're willing to work with it. It's the kind that works under the guise of Good, but enforces the rules it makes onto everyone, burning away their freedom and their individuality. It's the kind of evil that springs from fear, paranoia, and egotistical lusting after power, rooted in things that were originally meant to be of good purposes, fueled by the stupidity of those who fall to the lure of it, and made unstoppable by the guile and stealth it uses. It's the Big Brother kind of evil, the Illuminati kind. The war of conquest only comes after it pacifies and makes such things seem trivial and not worth paying much attention to, and it lies and manipulates the truth to twist the world the way it sees fit.

That's pure evil.
It's the death of wonder, hope, and magic, the end of freedom, hope, and honor, the final tolling note in the funeral march of wonder and individuality.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Prime Evil
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 04:18:48 PM »
For those that remember this similiar thread. Perhaps there are some ideas there that spawn more thoughts.

http://www.rpgcitadel.com/guild/index.php?topic=416.0

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Magus

• Knight
    • Awards
Prime Evil
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 04:44:09 PM »
Well, there is only a certain point of evil that something can be. The only reason that i don't think that a big horrible monster is prime evil is because they dont have to be. Pure evil can be a child that brings remorse. It can also be a grown man that makes others suffer for no reason what so ever except his own pleasure. Evil is in the eye of the beholder. In my opinion it is anything that brings about the suffering of others.

If i seem a little emotional here its because im listening to "suteki da ne" from final fantasy ten, it is a very moving song.
the road keeps on telling me to go on