llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: White City  (Read 9387 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2004, 07:10:37 PM »
Luke awoke what must of been a couple of hours later his wound while had been serious was taken care and healing fast.  All of his weapons were gone, and anything useful for escape he opened up his bag and was relieved to find some food and drink left.  

He opened the small metal flask of brandly and tug a good swig and opened up an MRE.  It tasted like what came out of a donkey's arse but was nutritional and had alot of energy in it.  After he was done eating he tried the door.  Locked.  Luke sat back down on a upturned crate there was one small window but nothing he could fit through.  Luke was glad some one had taken him in but curious who he opened his bag took out a small noteputer.  He tried uplinking to any internet or battlenet in the area but found there was none.  He clicked out of the program and opened up a file containing the contents of a book about mariners in the old days when the used sail boats and steam ships.

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2004, 09:00:17 PM »
OOC: anybody can control the guards and all other NPCs I make unless I say something. The only ones that I'm controlling now are Bryon and Emory. just keep to the characters, the guards are pretty loyal as they are given free sheltar and useable weapons.

IC: The guard posted at luke's door heard the elf try the knob. Looking to the end of the dark hall he called out to the other guards.
"Go tell Bryon that this guy is awake."

Erika walked into Bryon's office, rested from the day before, with only the gun from her nightstand at her side. She had come right away, even though she was rudely awakened by the messenger.
"What is it?" She asked as she scrunched at her dark wavy hair.
"Shortly after you returned last night an elf/man showed up wounded at the front door. Do you remember getting into a fight with a dark elf last night?" he questioned, needing more knowledge of this person.
"No, I only met up with my target. I didn't notice anybody following me eaither." She thought about the previous night.
"Well could you go and see if you can find out what he was doing at our front door? I just hope he's not a spy from that woman that thinks she can just start a gang anywhere." He gave a slight scowl to the thought of another enemy in this city. "He's locked in a room on the second floor. There's a guard posted there." he said returning his attention to his notes.
"Ok, I'll let you know if I find out anything." She paused to see if he would look back up at her. "Bye." She turned and left, slightly angry at the fact that Bryon was treating her more and more like a common grunt everyday. She helped him start this gang, and now the power made him look down on her.
She came upon the guard at the door. The hallway was chill and dark. He nodded at her as she handed over her gun. The guard turned to the door and opened a tiny crude slat window to check and make sure the man wasn't against the door. He slid it shut with some effort.
"You're good to go, Erika." He said as he unlocked and opened the door. Erika walked in, not sure to expect, but ready for anything. The man was sitting upon a crate looking at some small curious object.
"Hi, my name is Erika. Is there anything you need?" She inquired as she sat down on the creaky bed.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2004, 09:23:14 PM »
Andy shrugged vaguely as the others went their own ways.  It didn't make that much difference.  They either already knew how bad the city could be, or they'd find out.  She made her way to her place.  It was more of an alley with a roof over it, really.  She wearily sat down in what passed for her bed.  "Gah!"  She jumped up, and pulled a grimy... thing out of it.  "What in blazes?  Git!"  She threw the creature out into the street, and it chittered at her, red eyes glaring balefully.  Rat demon.  She sighed.  Anyone who had known her before she'd been whisked to this place wouldn't have recognized her.  This place had beaten her down in the year she'd been here.. or was it two?  Three?  Longer than that?  She didn't know any more.  Now she was just trying to survive.  Sometimes that seemed like too much of a hassle to bother.  Sometimes she even wondered who she'd have to upset to come to the attention of that group of assassins she'd heard about in the city scuttlebutt.  She certainly had lost most hope that she'd get out of this godforsaken place.  But right now, all she wanted was a brief stretch of oblivion.  She laid down on the filty cot, sprawling across her gun.  She'd get what ever sleep she could.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2004, 10:32:43 PM »
Luke waited a sceond before he looked up, "Oh yes," He muttered, he turned off the pad and tossed it in his bag. "Hello Erika I'm Luke, and yes there is one thing certain items I had earlier sooner or later cpuld you see that they are returned.  I must thank you, I'm rather new here and ran into some thugs.  Nothing much but one of the little blighters got around me and stabbed me with a knife.  When I saw you go in here I thought it was the best I could do, streets here are not kind it seems. Oh yes have you ever heard the term Hypergate mentioned before?" On the last sentence Luke's tone of voice went from light to serious.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2004, 09:59:51 AM »
Sho went to sleep, locking up as usual. Someone had broken in more than once. So he always slept with his weapons in arms reach. It was a peaceful night...he was expected anxiety from the quest he was to embark on the following day, but with his wound...he was exhausted. He put a few pads of soft absorbant cloth on it. He spread a little bit of a balm he mixed up from the few plants that grow in this forsaken place. But he didn't want to waste much, so he barely put much on the wound. He went to sleep within a few minutes of laying on his bed.

Sho woke up a several hours later, he felt refreshed and renewed. He took the pads off of his wound and looked at it. It had healed quite a bit. It might scar, but it wasn't bleeding and it didn't really hurt him much. He gathered his supplies and went outside, to find a way to the place he would investigate this day.
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2004, 12:44:39 PM »
"The question was more directed towards do you need food, water, or more medical aid, but it looks like you don't so I'm going to ask you a few more questions," she looked at the man, " and the only gate I know of it the one that leads out of this wretched place." going to her questions "I don't need to ask you all of these since you already told me why you came here and how you were injured. Do you work for anybody other then yourself?" she paused reading off of a small crinkled piece of paper. "Have you met or seen any person who seems to have a substantial amount of power besides the gatekeepers since you arrived in the White City? And what do you know of the building that you are in, and the people who reside here?" Erika looked impatiently at the man, she hated having to question people. It bored her out of her skull. She let out a sigh.

OOC: I thought I'd give you a couple questions, luke, so we wouldn't have to go back and forth.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2004, 03:33:41 PM »
"Odd questions, no, im not part of any organization nor know of any.  And the two questions i wouldn't know anything about 'cept what I've seen."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2004, 05:22:11 PM »
Andy didn't sleep very well.  She never did.  After tossing for a while, she got up.  She badly needed to get drunk, and that was the one thing it was easy to do here.  She made her way to the run-down building that housed the least-poisonous distillery, and bought a cheap bottle.  As she worked on it, she became aware of a disturbance a little ways down the street.  She ignored it, until she heard a voice she recognized.  Her head snapped up, and she tried to make her eyes focus.  That sounded like...  It was!  That big blond bastard who'd shot Jamie for no apparent reason.  

The two of them had only been here for some hours, and were still getting their bearings.  Andy didn't ask what the d**nable Gatekeepers had said to Jamie, and he didn't ask what they had said to her.  Suffice to say, it was something they weren't gonna give.  They were walking along the filthy street, discussing the situation.  Suddenly something that sounded like a gunshot echoed, and Jamie slumped over, bright red staining his clothes.  Andy had a momentary glimpse of a smirking blond guy with a very large gun walking away, laughing coldly.  "Jamie!  You're gonna be all right!  I'll go find a doctor, or something..."
He clutched her hand.  Something warm seeped through her clothes.  "Don't fool around with no quacks, Andy.  Won't make much difference anyhow."  He choked, and blood welled out of his mouth.  "Andy?"
There was something wrong with her vision.  It was blurring.  "Yeah, Jamie?"
"Get him for me."  And that was it.  He choked again, and died.

Andy hadn't seen the blond man since, but some round-about questions gave her the bastard's name, Demen.  Jamie wasn't the first poor fellow to be killed by him.  He seemed to have fun hunting people.  He was something like the boogy-man here.  She finished off the bottle, and studied him, although the liquor was starting to hit hard.  Surrounded by people, probably more as a precaution against snipers than because they were his friends.  She'd have to go high.
_________________________________________________ _____

Alexi watched his quarry from the shadows.  Why did he have to draw Demen?  That bastard had already killed several people in the organization.  No one could get close enough, and he always had a wall of hunam shields around him.  He'd get one shot before Demen noted his presence and took him down.  No one in the city was as good a shot as Demen, or so the story went.
Something caught his attention.  A woman, wearing brown, worn clothes and carrying a rifle, was making her way unsteadily down the street.  Drunk.  He'd seen her around a time or two.  She seemed pretty vague most of the time.  She must be on her way back to where ever she camped after a bender.  She took a last swig from her bottle, and threw it down with sufficient force that it shattered.  
Hey, what was this?  She was poking around the side of a building, and finally came across a ladder.  She made her way up it, swaying dangerously.  Fascinated, he watched her, his quarry temporarily forgotten.  What was she up to?  She reached the roof, looked over the edge, decided the view wasn't to her liking, and kept going.  Higher and higher she went, periodically checking the view.  It suddenly occured to Alexis what she was doing.  She was trying to find a vantage point with a shot at Demen.  She'd never get it.  Finally, she achieved a height she found satisfactory.  Alexis shook his head.  She'd never make the shot, as far away as she was, not to mention drunk.
She seemed to have trouble balancing, but she finally managed to get her rifle out.  She carefully aimed the rifle, and for a moment, didn't seem drunk at all.  A timeless moment passed, during which Alexis was already readying himself for the aftermath.  She had no chance of making the shot, but it would alert Demen, and he could make the shot.  She fired.
And Demen collapsed backwards, his head an unsightly mess.  The people he surrounded himself with screamed and fled.  He risked a closer look.  Demen was most certainly dead.  At least, with a hole in his head that size, he was better of dead.  Alexis looked up in time to see the woman topple backwards onto the roof behind her, passed out.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2004, 08:47:35 PM »
"Yeah, I know. I don't write this stuff, its just a formality. Let's get down to business. Do you want to be a soldier, guard, or assassin? You didn't think you'd be able to just walk out of here once you healed, did you?" Erika asked as she rose to her feet and glanced out of the tiny window, a smile crossed her face as she looked proudly at the assassin tatoo on her hand, even if she had to do the occasional toss job. She looked up awaiting the elf's response.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2004, 09:14:34 PM »
Alexis hurried through the streets back to headquarters.  After the guards let him in, he went looking for Byron, or Erika.  Someone, he didn't remember who, said something about his mission, but he paid them no mind.  Finally he found Byron.  "Did you carry out your assignment?"
"No... in a way... someone beat me to it."  And he incoherently told the story.  "Drunk off her ass... never seen such a shot... cored his head like it was a practice dummy..."
"And where is this person now?"
"Still passed out on that roof, I expect..."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2004, 09:28:33 PM »
Luke shook his head, "I'm glad your people helped me, but you did that on your own accord.  But I am willing to do some work, for the right price." Luke wondered where the hell he was if there was no Hypergate here, there had to be one. It was the only way he traveled here, "What if I told you that theres a way out of here, they have it." He nodded his head in the direction of the Gatekeepers palace.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2004, 09:46:41 PM »
"I don't think you understand what you've gotten yourself into." She turned to the man. "You know too much, so you either join us or your spirit will forever roam these darkened streets, eternaly malcontented."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2004, 10:04:58 PM »
Luke looked darkly at her, he had a naive feeling about how something so beutiful could be so willing to kill. "When you put it like that why did you even ask the first time?"

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2004, 02:34:13 PM »
"You gotta be something. We could start you off as a scavenger, but that job gets you no respect, and most don't last long. Assassin is the most respected position, but you're on your own most of the time. Soldiers are well respected too and don't have to do a whole lot unless we have a problem with other organizations in the area, or we need some extra protection around the headquarters. Whatever you choose you can have the first week off." She was eager to get out of the cramped room.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2004, 04:43:18 PM »
"Fine I'll be a soldier for you," Luke sneered probaly just a bunch of wanna-bes he thought.  Luke gotta up, "So give me weapons and I'll go get drunk for my first week."  Luke walked past Erica and put his hand on the doorknob, and muttered something like, fanactics.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2004, 07:34:08 PM »
Happy to be done with this nonsense, Erika had the guard let them out and took back her firearm. "Take Luke to get his weapons and his room assignment, He's gonna be a soldier." She turned to Luke who didn't seem to happy with the arrangement. "Cheer up, at least this way you're alive, and you get free food and sheltar. Most people in this city would give their arms to be in the same position as you."  She patted him on the back and hurried off to Bryon's office.

"Good, just the person I was looking for." Bryon leaned back in his chair. "I need you to take care of this man." he handed her a dirty photo of him. "Max Granato, He used to be one of our best alchohol producers, but recently went solo. He hired six new arrivals as guards, and our sources say that they are good at their job. Here." He pulled a handgun equipped with a supressor out of his desk drawer and handed it to her. "The scavengers only found one, I know how you like the twin wepons but no luck. Don't try to take on the guards, just get in and out quickly and quietly."
"Got it. Anything else." she said as she looked up from the picture.
"Yeah, if you see a woman with a really bad hangover climbing down from a rooftop with a rifle and top sharpshooting skills, bring her in unharmed. I want to see if she's assassin material." He leaned over a map on his desk. "Last report is she passed out on top of this building," he pointed to the map. "So if you have some time on your way back could you try to bring her in?" He looked up at her.
"Yeah. no problem." she turned to leave, pausing for him to say it.
"Good luck." He said as he turned to his notes.
"Yah." she whispered as she walked out. His words rang empty in her head.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2004, 08:05:14 PM »
OOC: Well...I'm going to bring in another character...because I simply need one for my 'little' sub-story....So HA! Don't make another 'full' character without my prior knowledge and acceptance.

Name: Daren Clevensin
Race: Mook(From Wizardy series, pc game)
Price: To give up his Psionic abilities.

Appearance: Daren stands at 7'2", rather short for his race. He weighs about 200 lbs. He has a coat of fur all over his body, save for his feet, hands, and head. His head Has no fur on it. His skin is of a dark brown shade, as is his fur. He is lean and muscular in appearance. He wears a light brown tunic, with pants to match. He has a white cloak that covers most of his body down to his shins.

Personality: Daren is one not to joke. He takes everything he does seriously. He has a very thourogh way of thinking, he takes long in decision making, even of the most simplist of decisions. He is somewhat of a nomad. Mook primarily live on one planet and few leave it. Ever. He has been facinated with the universe and has travelled to many different planets, studing the planet and its inhabitants. He asks many questions constantly, he is never satisfied until he knows everything.

History: As Daren travelled to throughout the universe, he learned far more of his psionic powers than any of his brethren. Particularly from a planet inhabited by psionic goblins. He requested a hearing with a great psionic goblin of the biggest tribe of the planet. His name was Farenis Gu'rana. Daren studied with him for many years. He learned many of the skills Farenis had. Because of Daren's race, the Mook's ability to learn at an incredible rate, as well as a great mental capacity, Daren quickly overcame the great goblin's powers. But with these powers, there was a price. He has since travelled all over the universe craving to increase his powers further. Without much luck he came to the white city. Where he obviously can't give up his psionic powers, for that is all he has left. After having this craving for 100 years, he began to be able to contain it to an extent. Although he can now do as he wish's, down in his very soul the only thing he wish's for is the advancement of his own psionic powers.

Sorry for the etchy character...I'll bring more of his character out in his post's. I'll post tomorrow.
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2004, 10:06:46 PM »
Erika rushed up to her room to get the rest of her weapons, Her long black coat dusting her ankles. She may have past Luke on the staircase, but she was so focused on her mission she didn't notice, that's just the way she was. Once she was out on the street the cold air brushed against her face and she drew her guns for the sprint towards her target.

When she came upon the street that the building was located on she paused in an alley and waited for her breathing to slow. Erika peered around the corner to survey the building from this side. The Brewer's shop was about two blocks down from her position so she walked across the street, as if she was on an errand, and ducked into the next alley so she could go around the back. The building behind the brewery looked pretty broken down so she climbed in through a missing window. As she ascended the stairs, she noted the occasional person taking refuge in the cold stairwell. She climbed to the roof and walked towards the side facing Granato's building. She didn't see any guards on the roof. The gap between the buildings was small, but she didn't want to risk jumping. She went back in the stairwell and down two flights to a refuse pile that had old pipes and boards. She didn't have time for anything fancy so she grabbed a board and lugged it up the stairs to the roof. She slid it across so that it joined the roofs and, not trusting it's strength too much, she quickly and lightly sprinted across it. She didn't want to risk the stairwell but her quarry would most likely be on the second floor, two floors down. Finding a downspout suitable, she shimmied down to the second floor. The gothic architecture gave her a nice ledge to teeter upon.  While holding onto a gargoyle to prevent falling, she kicked the rotting bottom casing of the double hung window in, as just breaking the glass is too messy and obvious. After it fell to the floor with a ‘klunk’ and a shattering of glass, she paused and listened. Somebody was coming so she edged herself around the corner of the building. She could hear one man talking to another.
“It looks like it just fell off.â€? He said puzzled as he looked out of the now open window.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“What a crappy building.â€? He said as he toed the broken stained glass.
“Don’t worry about it, we’ll have somebody clean it up later.� The other said as she could hear their heavy boots walking away. She waited on the ledge for another ten minutes to make sure that they were back to their normal routine. Erika then stuck her head in the window and listened. Nobody moving. She slowly crept into the window, carefully setting a noiseless foot upon the floor, avoiding the glass. She went to the doorway and paused to listen again. Nothing. She moved to the streetward side of the building, where Granato’s office was supposedly occupying. She froze, she could hear two men talking in the next room, one was scribbling noisily on paper. Laying flat against the wall she peeked around the corner into the room. Granato, whom she recognized from the picture, was at a desk closer to the door, writing something. At a table deeper in the room was a guard playing solitary. The guard had his back to her, and Granato, his side. She pulled the gun with the suppressor, and quickly lined up the shot, squeezing the trigger. *CLICK!* nothing. The Granato turned to the sound.
“d**nit.â€? Erika cursed as she pulled her twin guns, shooting the startled man twice, hitting him in the chest and then the head. The guard dashed up his sword from the table besides him and began to charge, but was quickly felled by two shots to the chest. She went out to the stairwell, and looked down to the first floor just at three guards looked up. “d**n!â€? She cursed at the fact that they saw her face as she ran up the stairs to the roof.  Erika sprinted back across the board, and kicked it down into the alley. A guard came out on the roof and she shot him a cocky smile. He then pulled his crossbow and in a flash, loaded a bolt, aimed, and fired. Erika ducked as it whizzed past her head, removing the smile from her face she shot back hitting him in the upper leg, and bolted down the stairs of the other building. She heard a commotion down below and looked over the railing. Two guards had made their way into the building and were starting to ascend the stairs, tossing beggars out of their way as they went. She ducked into a room, closing the creaky door behind her and pushed open the warped window with much effort. Climbing out onto the third story ledge, she looked down to see a guard, dressed the same as all the others, running towards, and then into Granato’s shop. She crept over to a similar downspout as the one she previously climbed down, and made quick work of it. She jumped off the last five feet, and as soon as she hit the ground another guard came around the corner. Startling each other the guard swung his heavy sword just as Erika ducked, the sword hitting the side of the building with bone crushing power. Erika dashed across the street into an alley. She could hear the guard yelling to the others as he ran after her.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“S***!â€? She cursed herself again for trying to make quick work of this job. The two guards pursued relentlessly as she cut around corners and bolted down side streets. She started to cut back to confuse them and ended up in an alley behind them, but they were running away from her too fast to waste bullets on. She traced her way back, trying to decide where to leave their broken trail and head back to the base. As Erika stepped out of the alley onto the street she saw the other two guards, whom she thought were left behind, on the other side of the road. As soon as they saw her one pointed.
“That’s her!� and they broke into a run as Erika sprinted up the street.
“I’m done for!� She cursed to herself again as the guards behind her kept yelling, trying to attract the attention of their separated companions while pursuing. She saw the bloody corpse of a man across the street just as she turned the corner and caught movement out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head to see him, but only in time for everything to go black.

He could hear her approach, breathing heavily, the men behind her yelling and making as much noise as possible. They didn’t worry about catching the attention of the people of the city, nobody would miss one less person on the streets.  Her heavy steps came closer. As she turned the corner he swung the 2X4, cracking it against the side of her head. The force knocked her sideways into the snowy street. The woman didn’t move as the snow by her head was slowly dyed crimson. “Good job men.â€? The guard said to the others as he dropped the 2X4. “If you guys wouldn’t have made so much noise, I wouldn’t have been able to head her off.â€? One man bent over and checked her pulse.
“She’s not dead yet. What’ll we do with her—I think she’s waking up.� He said as he stepped back

Everything was dark, shooting pain ran throughout her head as the sounds of men talkin above her reverberated through her skull. She opened her eyes but everything was blurry and confusing as four large figures stood above her. She put her hand up to her wracking head and felt the blood. ‘This is it’ she thought, they’re going to kill me, just then one of them gave her a swift kick in the ribs, jolting her sight back painfully. She closed her eyes, doubling up in pain. She curled up in the snow around the gun she found she’d been laying on. It’s her only chance, but she’d only be able to take out one before the others would kill her. She hid it under her shirt, maybe she could use it later. Another swift kick sent her screaming in pain.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2004, 10:30:49 PM »
"Oog."  When Andy came to, she was greeted by the unmistakable realization that while she wasn't suffering from a hangover just yet, it wouldn't be long before she would be, and it would be nasty.  She was looking up at the sky, and it took her a few minutes to remember where she was.  She staggered to her feet, looking at the ladder.  That was going to be fun to get down.  Shouting in the street attracted her notice.  She peered over the edge, wishing it was easier to focus.  Four big guys were surrounding what appeared to be a woman who was about to have a very bad day.  She couldn't make out what the men were saying, being too far up.  She wieghed her options.  On the one hand, she didn't know the woman, maybe she had done something to deserve it.  Plus ammunition was precious.  On the other hand... she sighed, then looked over the edge again.  Why did she even pretend that she might do the reasonable thing?  She looked again.  Four of them, two close enough to make her life easier.  If the girl was armed, she might be able to take one out while Andy was lining up the next shot.  And if she wasn't, well, at least they'd be paying attention to her.
Down on the street, things might have gone from bad to worse, except for suddenly, the four guards had their attention forcibly moved, in two cases permanently.  Andy was standing on the roof, aiming.  She fired once.  Her shot went through one guard's head, continued on, and lodged in the stomach of the man slightly behind him.  That was a very good shot, as far as Andy was concerned, and she was as proud of it as an incredibly smashed woman is capable of being.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2004, 11:31:47 PM »
Erika had rushed past Luke on her way out and had almost shoved him over the banster.  She rushed down Luke pulled a small little bug like device and tossed it into her hair.  It was small enough that she didn't even notice it, whereever she's going it aught to be better than hanging about here.

Luke smiled as a little ping sounded from his noteputer, he grabbed it and detached the monitor part and strapped it to his wrist.  It showed a small cross hair like sketch, which a small red blink moved across.  Since he hadn't been able to do any data dumps there was no city plan on it, but a small indicator up top told the direction and how many meters away he was from.

He waited about ten minutes then went outside, the guard outside placed his hand on his shoulder and gripped down hard, "Hey you are not supposed to be-" Luke made a quick jab in the forhead of the man and knocked him out.  Suddenly gunshots boomed out from a few blocks away.  Luke duck and ran till he looked up and saw Erika dive out a window and run around a corner.  

Luke followed her around the corner and a half block down she lay on the ground four men stood over her, Luke all of the sudden felt a shot wiz by his head he literaly felt the air hiss and brush the side of his face as it whizzed by and took out two of the men.  

Luke didn't have time to look back, the other two men thought he'd shot their buddies and started unloading rounds at him.  Luke doged the shots, and whipped out his Life Force Sword, at first the two men laughed then the beam of white energy tinged blue on the edge, made them groan again. Luke moved like a tiger and sprinted at them when they opened fire again he jumped onto the wall ran on it, did a flip off the wall and sliced off the gun arm of the first man, he slashed again and stabbed the other man through the left shoulder..

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2004, 12:03:23 PM »
OOC: This is actually pretty far away, I just didn't want to type her whole journey there. I should have made it a bit more clear.  :oops:

IC: A shot rang out, but from where, she didn't know. Erika rolled over and saw two men fall, both shot with the same bullet. Luke was tangling with the other two, Hitting one in the shoulder with his sword. Erika pulled her gun up with much effort, and shot the other in the back. She pulled herself up to a kneeling position, She scooped up some undisturbed snow and packed it to the wound on the side of her head. She struggled to her feet and walked over to where her other gun was laying and picked it up. She then hobbled to where the man with a bullet in his gut was laying on the ground in terrible pain. She slowly raised her gun, and aimed it at his head, squeezing the trigger many times. Bang! Bang! click. click. click. click. click. click. click. click. the sounds came out rhythmically.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2004, 10:44:19 PM »
OOC: Oops miss read want me to edit my post?

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2004, 02:46:38 PM »
Andy looked down, satisfying herself that the danger was past.  Then she looked at the ladder.  That was going to prove difficult.  She sighed.  Might as well start down before the hang over hit, because otherwise, she'd be stuck up here for a while.  She unsteadily started to make her way down to the street.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2004, 10:53:16 PM »
Luke let the sword's energy beam fade away and he latched the hilt on his pocket, the gun shot made him jump a little as Erica finished the last one off. Luke took a step or two back the man the ground with his arm gone moaned a little.  Luke kicked the man in the side of the head his nack snapped, Luke frowned he didn't like killing too much but this man would either die now or latter.  The man with a hole in the collar bone was already muttering incosistantly on the ground then sloped over out cold.  

Luke felt the man's pulse, he was alive still barely.  Luke looked at Eirca, "You alright?"

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
White City
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2004, 11:11:43 PM »
"I'll be fine." she stated coldly as she released the mag, and reloaded her gun. All the while she never took her icey gaze from the dead man at her feet. Erika bent down and scooped up some more snow and pressed it against the wound on her head. "I need to get back to headquarters, but first I need to find the owner of the sharp shooting skills that took these guys out." she looked at the man with a single gunshot wound to the head, and as if tracing where the bullet came from she looked up to see Andy making her way off the roof of a building.